Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,282 members, 7,807,947 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:38 PM

AY: My Shows Are Always Sold Out, Yet They Say My Jokes Are Dry - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / AY: My Shows Are Always Sold Out, Yet They Say My Jokes Are Dry (33204 Views)

Patapaa: " They Say I Am Ugly And A Villager And Sometimes It Hurts Me" / Foreign Shows Are Non-profitable, African Shows Pay More – Yemi Alade / If I'm Dry, Why Are My Shows Sold Out? - Comedian Ay Comes For His Haters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

AY: My Shows Are Always Sold Out, Yet They Say My Jokes Are Dry by smacx: 2:13pm On Sep 08, 2016
Ayo ‘AY’ Makun, popular comedian, says his stand-up comedy shows are always sold out, in spite of the criticY is an award winning actor, comedian, radio and TV presenter, whose business acumen has helped him build a comedy empire.

However, his critics believe his jokes are below par, in comparison to some of his colleagues.

The comedian whose movie ’30 Days In Atlanta’, recently made it into the 2017 Guinness book of world records, took to social media to respond to his critics.

AY said: “Some say “Ay you are dry” yet my shows are usually sold out. Some even say ‘Ay you have no business doing movies’ yet my first ever movie landed me in the Guinness World Records as the highest grossing movie in Nollywood and continent of Africa.”

He further noted that to attain success, one must have self belief, a reasonable degree of panache and the ability to overlook harsh comments.

“You need to learn how to ignore what people say or think of you. Believe in yourself. Have faith in your abilities. Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers you cannot be successful or happy”, he added.

https://lifestyle.thecable.ng/ay-shows-always-sold-yet-say-jokes-dry/

9 Likes

Re: AY: My Shows Are Always Sold Out, Yet They Say My Jokes Are Dry by bolajJP007: 2:23pm On Sep 08, 2016
Rubbish

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: AY: My Shows Are Always Sold Out, Yet They Say My Jokes Are Dry by opeyemiieblog(m): 2:53pm On Sep 08, 2016
I hear u

See this >>>> See This Adorable Photo Of RMD
Having A Lovely Time With His granddaughter(pics) http://www.praizeblog.com/2016/09/see-this-adorable-photo-of-rmd-having.html?m=0
Re: AY: My Shows Are Always Sold Out, Yet They Say My Jokes Are Dry by floragregs(f): 5:42pm On Sep 08, 2016
But they are dry na. Especially when he's mimicking white garment people. The shows are sold out because people go there to listen to other comedians and watch artists perform.

461 Likes 38 Shares

Re: AY: My Shows Are Always Sold Out, Yet They Say My Jokes Are Dry by katerine7(f): 6:27pm On Sep 08, 2016
floragregs:
But they are dry na. Especially when he's mimicking white garment people. The shows are sold out because people go there to listen to other comedians and watch artists perform.
God bless you

290 Likes 14 Shares

Re: AY: My Shows Are Always Sold Out, Yet They Say My Jokes Are Dry by Bisiebae(f): 6:33pm On Sep 08, 2016
Its daddy upstairs that is helping you, you jokes are boooooring die. Mention me and suffer

93 Likes 2 Shares

Re: AY: My Shows Are Always Sold Out, Yet They Say My Jokes Are Dry by enjoyingjoy: 9:51pm On Sep 08, 2016
grin grin grin I always love his jokes meen

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: AY: My Shows Are Always Sold Out, Yet They Say My Jokes Are Dry by Nobody: 4:12am On Sep 09, 2016
Everything na packaging undecided

54 Likes

Re: AY: My Shows Are Always Sold Out, Yet They Say My Jokes Are Dry by tyson98: 5:44am On Sep 09, 2016
floragregs:
You nailed it GBAM!

113 Likes 4 Shares

Re: AY: My Shows Are Always Sold Out, Yet They Say My Jokes Are Dry by englishmart(m): 6:10am On Sep 09, 2016
if not for other comedians and artistes, nobody would attend your shows except you, your wife, girlfriends and your kids. They will be put in a table of 10 for free

150 Likes 7 Shares

Re: AY: My Shows Are Always Sold Out, Yet They Say My Jokes Are Dry by OKorowanta: 7:32am On Sep 09, 2016
People are just not fair on Ay,70% of his jokes are so funny.
If naija don biliv somethings,to change am dey hard.
Go to YouTube and watch him without the generally held notion by the public and without sentiment.
Tell me which of the Ay sounded so funny in 30 days in Atlanta?

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: AY: My Shows Are Always Sold Out, Yet They Say My Jokes Are Dry by OKorowanta: 7:39am On Sep 09, 2016
suzan404:
Everything na packaging undecided

What stop the rest of Dem from packaging?

8 Likes

Re: AY: My Shows Are Always Sold Out, Yet They Say My Jokes Are Dry by Nobody: 7:45am On Sep 09, 2016
OKorowanta:

What stop the rest of Dem from packaging?
how do you expect me to know

27 Likes

Re: AY: My Shows Are Always Sold Out, Yet They Say My Jokes Are Dry by OKorowanta: 8:05am On Sep 09, 2016
suzan404:
how do you expect me to know

Na force o,u must know o!
Since u know say Rita Dominic funny passam..

1 Like

Re: AY: My Shows Are Always Sold Out, Yet They Say My Jokes Are Dry by Nobody: 8:13am On Sep 09, 2016
OKorowanta:

Na force o,u must know o!
Since u know say Rita Dominic funny passam..
na when I say rita dominic funny pass am

1 Like

Re: AY: My Shows Are Always Sold Out, Yet They Say My Jokes Are Dry by Elnino4ladies: 10:41am On Sep 09, 2016
Your jokes are fucking dry

21 Likes

Re: AY: My Shows Are Always Sold Out, Yet They Say My Jokes Are Dry by izzou(m): 11:01am On Sep 09, 2016
floragregs:

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: AY: My Shows Are Always Sold Out, Yet They Say My Jokes Are Dry by PrinceAbinibi: 11:03am On Sep 09, 2016
He is the best at what he does, he organises the best shows, he knows a lot about marketing and packaging. He is a super hype machine. Is he a great comedian? Probably not, is he good? Yes

82 Likes 7 Shares

Re: AY: My Shows Are Always Sold Out, Yet They Say My Jokes Are Dry by NZAGHA(f): 11:04am On Sep 09, 2016
floragregs:

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: AY: My Shows Are Always Sold Out, Yet They Say My Jokes Are Dry by Bisiebae(f): 11:44am On Sep 09, 2016
swizmony:

Shut up. You bastard! Who u EPP?

look at this freaking niggur! eat your words and disappear! slowpoke

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: AY: My Shows Are Always Sold Out, Yet They Say My Jokes Are Dry by swizmony(m): 9:41pm On Sep 10, 2016
Bisiebae:

look at this freaking niggur! eat your words and disappear! slowpoke

See dis idiot! U don baff?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: AY: My Shows Are Always Sold Out, Yet They Say My Jokes Are Dry by StarPlayer: 1:28am On Sep 11, 2016
floragregs:
Can you tell this to his face? You probably can't even get to a 100m near him. It's easy to cast aspersions on people without knowing the work they have put in to get to where they are. That guy has made alot of hungry folks out there successful while you're here yarning dust. This goes to show why some peeps never make it in life. You're probably there wishing for one rich maga to come and marry you one day. Smh

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: AY: My Shows Are Always Sold Out, Yet They Say My Jokes Are Dry by floragregs(f): 2:26pm On Sep 11, 2016
StarPlayer:
Can you tell this to his face? You probably can't even get to a 100m near him. It's easy to cast aspersions on people without knowing the work they have put in to get to where they are. That guy has made alot of hungry folks out there successful while you're here yarning dust. This goes to show why some peeps never make it in life. You're probably there wishing for one rich maga to come and marry you one day. Smh
lol. Frustration wan kill u ontop dry Ay matter. I like Ay but that doesn't mean I should lie that he's not dry na. I'm married o, so carry ur frustration enter bush abeg.

136 Likes 8 Shares

Re: AY: My Shows Are Always Sold Out, Yet They Say My Jokes Are Dry by StarPlayer: 3:48pm On Sep 11, 2016
floragregs:
lol. Frustration wan kill u ontop dry Ay matter. I like Ay but that doesn't mean I should lie that he's not dry na. I'm married o, so carry ur frustration enter bush abeg.
You're the one obviously frustrated. Hating on a nigga that doesn't know you angry

5 Likes

Re: AY: My Shows Are Always Sold Out, Yet They Say My Jokes Are Dry by soberdrunk(m): 5:18pm On Sep 11, 2016
...............CIGARETTES KILL PEOPLE BUT WE STILL SMOKE................... angry

7 Likes

Re: AY: My Shows Are Always Sold Out, Yet They Say My Jokes Are Dry by lilmax(m): 5:18pm On Sep 11, 2016
floragregs:
EOD

14 Likes

Re: AY: My Shows Are Always Sold Out, Yet They Say My Jokes Are Dry by PrinceAbinibi: 5:18pm On Sep 11, 2016
So the truth is now hate. He is amazing at other things not just Jokes, He is an amazing promoter, director, hype man, marketer and other stuffs but his jokes are not that great, some are funny unintentionally if I may add.

35 Likes

Re: AY: My Shows Are Always Sold Out, Yet They Say My Jokes Are Dry by emamos: 5:22pm On Sep 11, 2016
floragregs:
you are bad mehn, u don finish am.

6 Likes

Re: AY: My Shows Are Always Sold Out, Yet They Say My Jokes Are Dry by onac16: 5:22pm On Sep 11, 2016
we were just there to mock your dry jokes

3 Likes

Re: AY: My Shows Are Always Sold Out, Yet They Say My Jokes Are Dry by Truth234(m): 5:22pm On Sep 11, 2016
He doesn't understand that his show has evolved as a lifestyle, something trendy guys/ladies like to attend to show off.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: AY: My Shows Are Always Sold Out, Yet They Say My Jokes Are Dry by Ekakamba: 5:23pm On Sep 11, 2016
Drier than the bones Ezekiel prophesied to. tongue

36 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Drawn Portrait Of Davido, His Father And Imade, His Daughter / Monalisa Chinda Celebrates Her Daughter Tamar's 11th Birthday / Lilia Afegbai: "Marriage Is Not For Everyone"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.