Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,262 members, 7,780,583 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:55 PM

Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners - TV/Movies (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners (25172 Views)

Marvel Or DC Movies, Which Do You Prefer? / Dc Universe Vs Marvel : Iron Man Vs Cyborg (you Decide You Vote) / DC Universe Vs Marvel : Superman Vs Vision (who Will Win) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners by BraniacX(m): 11:23pm On Dec 22, 2016
Merveille:
is it not what is shown on the comic book, thats what is acted on the film. Comic books are more of writting, while the films are meant elaborate more on what is written. Ok answer this question: between what is written and what is seen with you two eyes, which one is more understandable?

Since you're a neutral like me let me help you out!

The comic books are the cannon i.e the bible of all the characters

The tv series and movies are just mere adaptations, what you see on tv is limited by technology, budget and subject to creative interference of the directors

The real characters in their true natures are in the comic books and to a close extent their animated series.

For example the thor on tv is simply put a wimp, the real thor on the other hand grin
Re: Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners by BraniacX(m): 11:25pm On Dec 22, 2016
Guykhena:
Gosh,,,*sighs heavily*
I take it reading isn't your strongest suit?

The latter is more understandable to people who are clueless on what the character entails(sadly this is where you fall under).
Understand that the live action versions are like a piece of sand particles compared to the sandhill of the comics.
And this is a match up battle,which can only be judged fairly when both are analysed from the same ground where they are both fulfilled(comics) than the impartial state of live action(try reading all the comments in page 1 and see where I dealt with this),where one character has more screentime and understanding to the audience than the other. Causing you to exhibit the ignorance of the abilities of Hawkeye due to the incomplete version you've seen,and the 4 good seasons(23 episodes each) of Green Arrow. See you already know almost everything about Green Arrow,but for Hawkeye you're clueless,so your judgment holds no ground for this match up in the eyes of the law.

Hope you understand now? It will really be a bummer if you don't ..

It will help if you don't come of always so superior in your explanations, approach it like a teacher teaching a difficult student wink
Re: Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners by BraniacX(m): 11:39pm On Dec 22, 2016
Guykhena:
*phew* good riddance to bad rubbish.
It seems I really hit a nerve,hehehe(next time you'll learn to mind your business instead of indulging in things you know nothing about).

Go jerk-off with your DC Logo grin ,fanboy

Bye Felicia,don't let the door hit your vag.ina on your way out.

Civility breeds civility

There's no need to give offence and bandy insults here, we're all here to be educated, debate and have fun. Let's be friends please wink
Re: Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners by Posman(m): 6:47am On Dec 23, 2016
BraniacX:

It is not well known to me undecided

Educate me on how the mad titan can be said to be a rip of of the ruler of apokolypse

just because there is a difference in their abilities doesn't make it any less of a rip off, just like some Android phones copying the look of iPhone isn't less of a ripoff because of their OS and functionality.
look, appearance also counts for rip off and ofcos u don't expect Thanos to look identical to darkseid. like I said it's a well known fact in the comic world, except you are trolling I dnt see the need for you to convince yourself it isn't.
if you ll based ur argument abilities, that means Namor isn't Aquaman ripoff? or Quicksilver isn't of flash or Deadpool isn't of Deathstroke or Ant-Man of atom?
the list is endless
difference in ability isn't enough reason, no company wants to b sued hence the modifications in appearance and ability.
and it's funny how darkseid is Justice league villian likewise thanos is Avengers' right even for the upcoming movie adaptations.
Re: Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners by BraniacX(m): 10:30am On Dec 23, 2016
Posman:

just because there is a difference in their abilities doesn't make it any less of a rip off, just like some Android phones copying the look of iPhone isn't less of a ripoff because of their OS and functionality.
look, appearance also counts for rip off and ofcos u don't expect Thanos to look identical to darkseid. like I said it's a well known fact in the comic world, except you are trolling I dnt see the need for you to convince yourself it isn't.
if you ll based ur argument abilities, that means Namor isn't Aquaman ripoff? or Quicksilver isn't of flash or Deadpool isn't of Deathstroke or Ant-Man of atom?
the list is endless
difference in ability isn't enough reason, no company wants to b sued hence the modifications in appearance and ability.
and it's funny how darkseid is Justice league villian likewise thanos is Avengers' right even for the upcoming movie adaptations.

1. I'm not a troll
2. I argue based on the characters i'm familiar with as i can't and won't claim to know them all
3. Given what i mentioned as my second point, i am familiar with grundy and hulk, darkseid and thanos
4. From point no three, the little i know makes me disagree about hulk being a ripoff of grundy in any fashion be it origins, character, powers, weakness e.t.c and you haven't contradicted that assertion. Also, apart from the purpose they serve as the ultimate villain, there's nothing similar about thanos and darkseid, not even their motivations so saying everybody knows or everybody says doesn't hold much water with me.
5. You can accuse me of being in denial if you see me write that aquaman isn't a namor ripoff, or antman of atom, or quicksilver of flash or deadpool of deathstroke! Those i didn't contest, neither did i contest characters i'm not too familiar with.
6. I only contested what i know and can defend, there have been ripoffs both ways but only add real ripoffs not blatant lies in a bid to make a sides list long and stoke further argument.

That is my exception
Re: Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners by MJBOLT: 5:05pm On Dec 31, 2016
thanos is still a better villian than darkseid
Re: Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners by MJBOLT: 5:08pm On Dec 31, 2016
where's holuwaferanmi?
angry
where's holuwaferanmi?
Re: Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners by Jaymaestro(m): 8:20am On Jan 01, 2017
The differences between these characters are
1. DC characters are much stronger and faster than Marvel.. in short, overpowered in some issues.
2. Marvel have life in them,even their cosmic characters seem Human.
Re: Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners by smartgenius10(m): 2:23pm On Mar 02, 2017
faithful DC fans be like

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners by MJBOLT: 10:22am On Apr 04, 2017
movie version hancock will destroy most movie/tv version of supes except reeves supes

Strawman:

Woah, This fight will be so sad and one-sided. Superman outclasses Hancock in so many ways it's not even funny. Especially if you're talking about comic book versions of Supes, but if you're talking about movie versions of Superman (Man of Steel for e.g.), Hancock can put up a good fight, but he'll still lose.

Btw, I don't know if this discussion is allowed in this thread tho...

1 Like

Re: Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners by stonemind(f): 11:11am On Apr 04, 2017
MJBOLT:
movie version hancock will destroy most movie/tv version of supes except reeves supes

;that's it man Hancock is very powerful he's like a god, he only has one weakness which iz his wife apart from that hmm na only God know
Re: Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners by MJBOLT: 12:20pm On Apr 04, 2017
but comic wise supes will beat him

stonemind:

;that's it man Hancock is very powerful he's like a god, he only has one weakness which iz his wife apart from that hmm na only God know
Re: Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners by stonemind(f): 1:14pm On Apr 04, 2017
MJBOLT:

Which site do you download comics from?
Re: Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners by stonemind(f): 1:18pm On Apr 04, 2017
MJBOLT:

Well i dunno much about comics

Superhuman Strength:

Hancock possesses incredible superhuman strength, he easily throws a beached full grown blue whale (approximate weight 190 tons) a great distance back into the ocean and used his nails to cut a metal disk. His fight with Mary partially leveled a large city with no trouble while both weakened and they effortlessly destroyed buildings and threw busses, cars, and gurders from buildings while weakened. Hancock even stopped a train and threw a car with no sweat or effort at all. Hancock even used a car as a shield.

Superhuman Stamina:

Hancock displays the ability to utilise his powers for long periods of time without tiring and seems to recover from intense expenditure of energy quickly.
Superhuman Reflexes: Hancock's accelerated reflexes are far superior to even the most physically perfect human. Hancock can even hit an RPG easily.
Invulnerability: Hancock appears to be invulnerable to injury. He has withstood the impact of a large moving freight train and can easily handle hard landings after flight or from falls. His skin is impervious to bullets and he has withstood the blast from an RPG and the explosion of a car. Hancock even fought Mary and was hit by buses and launched through buildings unharmed despite both their powers getting drained by each other. The only time Hancock displays any vulnerability to injury is when he is in close proximity to Mary Embrey.

Flight:

Hancock is able to fly at supersonic speeds and appears capable of interplanetary flight as it appears he has left Ray's 'All-Heart' logo on the face of the Moon. It's possible he can go faster than light because he traveled to and put a heart on the moon before anyone noticed but on earth he can go at supersonic speeds like when he traveled to a far out jail in the desert to a city in a matter of seconds. He and Mary even crossed a large city in just a few seconds while weakened, fighting and getting smashed into the ground and through buildings and not putting much effort in to fighting.

Weather Control:

Hancock can control and summon high winds and tornadoes as displayed in the fight against Mary. Although its never directly stated in the film, the director Peter Berg has clarified that is is in fact Hancock who is summoning the tornadoes and Mary is summoning the lightning.
Superhuman Hearing: Hancock was able to hear Mary and Ray's conversation when he was on the roof of their brick built house.
Immunity: Being immortal it follows that Hancock is immune to toxins and diseases and requires no air.

Immortality:

Hancock has lived for thousands of years. If he stays separated from Mary both will remain immortal.
Regeneration: Hancock is capable of accelerated healing which enables him to recover from injuries at an accelerated rate. Hancock describes recovering from the head injuries which resulted in his amnesia in a few hours to the amazement of the doctors treating him. The healing process is reduced the more time is spent in close proximity to Mary but the healing ability is reactivated when separated from Mary resulting in wounds, scars, and other physical trauma healing and the reversal of any aging. He still retains scars from multiple times he has protected Mary throughout time, all when he was mortal.
Re: Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners by MJBOLT: 2:00pm On Apr 04, 2017
like I said hancock destroys most film version of supes

Comic wise he will lose
Supes benchpressed the weight of the earth for 5 days straight without access to sunlight

Supes has survived the explosion of a supernova

Supes can keep up with speedsters like the flash, supes can fly from earth to saturn in seconds

This are not even his best feats

stonemind:

Well i dunno much about comics

Superhuman Strength:

Hancock possesses incredible superhuman strength, he easily throws a beached full grown blue whale (approximate weight 190 tons) a great distance back into the ocean and used his nails to cut a metal disk. His fight with Mary partially leveled a large city with no trouble while both weakened and they effortlessly destroyed buildings and threw busses, cars, and gurders from buildings while weakened. Hancock even stopped a train and threw a car with no sweat or effort at all. Hancock even used a car as a shield.

Superhuman Stamina:

Hancock displays the ability to utilise his powers for long periods of time without tiring and seems to recover from intense expenditure of energy quickly.
Superhuman Reflexes: Hancock's accelerated reflexes are far superior to even the most physically perfect human. Hancock can even hit an RPG easily.
Invulnerability: Hancock appears to be invulnerable to injury. He has withstood the impact of a large moving freight train and can easily handle hard landings after flight or from falls. His skin is impervious to bullets and he has withstood the blast from an RPG and the explosion of a car. Hancock even fought Mary and was hit by buses and launched through buildings unharmed despite both their powers getting drained by each other. The only time Hancock displays any vulnerability to injury is when he is in close proximity to Mary Embrey.

Flight:

Hancock is able to fly at supersonic speeds and appears capable of interplanetary flight as it appears he has left Ray's 'All-Heart' logo on the face of the Moon. It's possible he can go faster than light because he traveled to and put a heart on the moon before anyone noticed but on earth he can go at supersonic speeds like when he traveled to a far out jail in the desert to a city in a matter of seconds. He and Mary even crossed a large city in just a few seconds while weakened, fighting and getting smashed into the ground and through buildings and not putting much effort in to fighting.

Weather Control:

Hancock can control and summon high winds and tornadoes as displayed in the fight against Mary. Although its never directly stated in the film, the director Peter Berg has clarified that is is in fact Hancock who is summoning the tornadoes and Mary is summoning the lightning.
Superhuman Hearing: Hancock was able to hear Mary and Ray's conversation when he was on the roof of their brick built house.
Immunity: Being immortal it follows that Hancock is immune to toxins and diseases and requires no air.

Immortality:

Hancock has lived for thousands of years. If he stays separated from Mary both will remain immortal.
Regeneration: Hancock is capable of accelerated healing which enables him to recover from injuries at an accelerated rate. Hancock describes recovering from the head injuries which resulted in his amnesia in a few hours to the amazement of the doctors treating him. The healing process is reduced the more time is spent in close proximity to Mary but the healing ability is reactivated when separated from Mary resulting in wounds, scars, and other physical trauma healing and the reversal of any aging. He still retains scars from multiple times he has protected Mary throughout time, all when he was mortal.
Re: Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners by MJBOLT: 2:04pm On Apr 04, 2017
marvel unlimited for marvel comics
But for all round comics(DC, marvel, image,archie etc) try comicxiology

Search for it on Google

stonemind:

Which site do you download comics from?
Re: Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners by stonemind(f): 4:11pm On Apr 04, 2017
MJBOLT:
like I said hancock destroys most film version of supes

Comic wise he will lose
Supes benchpressed the weight of the earth for 5 days straight without access to sunlight

Supes has survived the explosion of a supernova

Supes can keep up with speedsters like the flash, supes can fly from earth to saturn in seconds

This are not even his best feats

Hancock has speed too
Re: Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners by MJBOLT: 6:24pm On Apr 04, 2017
it's nothing compared to comic book supes speed

stonemind:

Hancock has speed too
Re: Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners by Next2Bezee(m): 6:51pm On Apr 04, 2017
stonemind:

Hancock has speed too

Can Hancock travel to the sun and back to the same spot in less than 1 min?

Can Hancock travel back from a planet (Planet Vega) 25 light years at approximately 800 billion times the speed of light and arrive back to earth in a few minutes?

Go and Sit down please. Hancock's cannot have speed in front of Superman.
Re: Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners by Next2Bezee(m): 6:55pm On Apr 04, 2017
MJBOLT:

Did you have excess coffee to drink before typing this? Even if we leave cannon and come over to the dc cinematic universe, even the current man of steel Henry Cavil would destroy Hancock easily.
Re: Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners by MJBOLT: 7:30pm On Apr 04, 2017
hancock will still beat him

Next2Bezee:

Did you have excess coffee to drink before typing this? Even if we leave cannon and come over to the dc cinematic universe, even the current man of steel Henry Cavil would destroy Hancock easily.
Re: Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners by stonemind(f): 8:10pm On Apr 04, 2017
Next2Bezee:

Can Hancock travel back from a planet (Planet Vega) 25 light years at approximately 800 billion times the speed of light and arrive back to earth in a few minutes?

embarassed
Next2Bezee:

Re: Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners by Next2Bezee(m): 8:16pm On Apr 04, 2017
MJBOLT:
hancock will still beat him

Ok

I'll just chill for more factual debaters then.
Re: Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners by MJBOLT: 8:20pm On Apr 04, 2017
that's comic book supes, only reeves superman pulled badazz speed out of all the movie version

Next2Bezee:

Re: Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners by Next2Bezee(m): 9:00pm On Apr 04, 2017
MJBOLT:
that's comic book supes, only reeves superman pulled badazz speed out of all the movie version

Thread is titled DC v Marvel. So match ups aren't limited to movie versions of various characters.

Besides comic is cannon. Comic versions hold sway in debates.
Re: Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners by MJBOLT: 9:07pm On Apr 04, 2017
I don't think hancock has a comic book based on him that's why I'm using him against movie supes, comic book supes would destroy him

Next2Bezee:

Thread is titled DC v Marvel. So match ups aren't limited to movie versions of various characters.

Besides comic is cannon. Comic versions hold sway in debates.
Re: Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners by Next2Bezee(m): 9:46pm On Apr 04, 2017
MJBOLT:
I don't think hancock has a comic book based on him that's why I'm using him against movie supes, comic book supes would destroy him

Hancock does, he's white in his comics.

Nevertheless Henry Cavil's superman would destroy Will smith's hancock. Even Hancock's wife was able to beat him black & blue.
Superman survived a nuclear explosion in zero gravity and still came back completely regenerated and looked as good as new.

You can't compare that to the small missle hancock deflected to the side.
Re: Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners by MJBOLT: 9:54pm On Apr 04, 2017
he got knocked out by the bomb and was already looking like a zombie before sunlight hit him

Next2Bezee:

Hancock does, he's white in his comics.

Nevertheless Henry Cavil's superman would destroy Will smith's hancock. Even Hancock's wife was able to beat him black & blue.
Superman survived a nuclear explosion in zero gravity and still came back completely regenerated and looked as good as new.

You can't compare that to the small missle hancock deflected to the side.
Re: Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners by MJBOLT: 10:00pm On Apr 04, 2017
cavill superman is still developing, I'll wait till justice league drop………in one movie hancock pulled a lot sh?? t that most superheroes can't do in a single film
Re: Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners by stonemind(f): 10:08pm On Apr 04, 2017
MJBOLT:
marvel unlimited for marvel comics
But for all round comics(DC, marvel, image,archie etc) try comicxiology

Search for it on Google

The thing no be free oo
Re: Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners by MJBOLT: 10:12pm On Apr 04, 2017
the old comics should be free

stonemind:

The thing no be free oo
Re: Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners by Next2Bezee(m): 11:28pm On Apr 04, 2017
MJBOLT:
he got knocked out by the bomb and was already looking like a zombie before sunlight hit him

But he survived it. When he was "killed" by doomsday in the comics, he couldn't absorb sunlight anymore because he was dead.
That shows that superman cannot absorb sunlight when he dies.
He was able to absorb sunlight after getting hit by that nuke, that shows he was able to tank it and didn't die despite how he looked.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

BBNaija: Whitemoney’s Instagram Account Hacked / BBNaija: Esther Cried After Nelson Got Evicted / Selina Tested: What's Your Favorite Slangs From The YouTube Series?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.