Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,290 members, 7,807,984 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:24 AM

Sports Betting: Man Hangs Himself In Uyo Over N22,000 Loss - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Sports Betting: Man Hangs Himself In Uyo Over N22,000 Loss (1071 Views)

Sports Betting Is Thriving In Enugu With 5m Daily Transactions Worth N2bn / Things To Know Before You Start Betting On Sports Online / My PS3 Hangs! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sports Betting: Man Hangs Himself In Uyo Over N22,000 Loss by jchima14: 6:38pm On Sep 08, 2016

A man in his early 30s, Mr. Uchenna, hanged himself in his room along Abak road in Uyo, Akwa Ibom state capital, after losing N22,000 to sports betting. Our correspondent gathered that Uchenna was a perpetual sports gambler with Naija Bet and that he took the said sum he lost from his boss in the hope that he would replace it when he wins. Uchenna’s roommate, Ifiok, said the deceased had been lamenting after losing the money and got himself into a terrible state of mind.

“I went out to buy something from Plaza (the city center) and on getting back I found that everywhere was locked. I knew Uchenna hasn’t gone out and I wondered what must have made him to lock up himself. I tried to open the door for several minutes without success until I had to force it open. I then found him hanging from the ceiling fan in our room and his eyes had popped out,” Ifiok said. A neighbour who spoke to our correspondent, Uto Udobia, decried the high rate of sports betting which has become prevalent among the youths and even elders.

Source: http://thesummary.com.ng/index.php/news-categories/national/item/8138-sports-betting-man-hangs-himself-in-uyo-over-n22-000-loss
Re: Sports Betting: Man Hangs Himself In Uyo Over N22,000 Loss by Proffdada: 11:10pm On Sep 14, 2016
Gobe!
Re: Sports Betting: Man Hangs Himself In Uyo Over N22,000 Loss by Emeka71(m): 6:46am On Sep 15, 2016
This is foolishness all over the place people playing sport-betting and expecting to make a fortune.
Mynd44
Re: Sports Betting: Man Hangs Himself In Uyo Over N22,000 Loss by Nobody: 10:32am On Sep 15, 2016
Why do ppl even consider this as gaming! angry

(1) (Reply)

These 10 Survival Games You Need To Play In 2017 / Check Out Videogame Character Of Nigerian Origin In Overwatch MMO Game. / PS 3 Needed In Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.