Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,750 members, 7,806,055 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:46 AM

Five Nigerian Artiste That Are Struggling To Get Another Hit - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Five Nigerian Artiste That Are Struggling To Get Another Hit (748 Views)

Nigerian Artiste ipCraft Releases The Official Video Of His Hit Track- AJE / PHOTOS : See Artiste That Is Wizkid Lookalike / Please Nlanders, Who Knows The Artiste That Sang This Song? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Five Nigerian Artiste That Are Struggling To Get Another Hit by olabisijessicad: 7:20pm On Sep 08, 2016
hese are five artists Struggling to stay abreast in today’s competitive industry.

1) MAY D (Mr May D) -: Akinmayorkun Awodunmila mainly know as May D is the first recording artiste to be signed under the Square Records Label 2011/2012. May D became a force to reckon with in the music industry, following his collaboration with the famous twins P-SQUARE(Peter and Paul okoye). He featured along side Akon on P-Square’s “chop my money”, dropped hit songs “soundtrack” and “Ile ijo”. In August 2012 due to irreconcilable differences May D was let off from Square Records. After MayD left Square Records he made a swift move to launch is own record label known as ” Confam entertainment “.

May 10th 2013 Mr May D dropped his debut album which was titled “Chapter One” a 20 track album which house’s songs like “Gat Me High, Show Me Ur Style, Mother, Somany Tinz, Jekajo, No Body ft Tuface, Kigbe ft. K-Switch & Olamide, Get Down, Ur Eyes ft. Davido, Use me and others”. After this album we rarely ever see him. He may make a comeback with another hit song, but for now MayD’s musical fortunes have gone down.

2) CHIDINMA :- Chidinma Ekile, popularly known by her stage name Chidinma, is a Nigerian singer-songwriter, recording artist, stage performer, and brand ambassador for MTN Nigeria.In 2010, she rose to stardom after winning the third season of MTN’s Project Fame West Africa, a reality-singing competition series, In 2011, she released her first single “Jankoliko”, featuring Sound Sultan. Her self-titled debut studio album, was released through the music platform Spinlet.

It was supported by the singles “Jankoliko”, “Carry You Go”, “Kedike”, and “Run Dia Mouth”. Chidinma won Best Female West African Act at the 2012 kora awards she was also nominated for so many awards in year 2013. She was involved in a s*x tape scandal in November 2013…. She dropped “oh baby” in 2014 ever since then she as not been consistent.later in March 2016 she parted ways with Clarence Peter’s record label “CAPITAL”. The big question everyone is asking is if chidinma has slowly sliped into oblivion.

3) D’PRINCE -: Charles Enebeli as many may call him D’PRINCE is a Nigerian Afro Pop Singer, Songwriter currently signed to his brother record label Mavin. D’rince music carrier started in 2005 when he joined Don jazzy and D’banj at Mo’ hits Records. November 2009, D’Prince released his single titled “Omoba” and was relaunched in 2010. In year 2012 he dropped his debut album FRENZY under Mo’hits records, same 2012 D’PRINCE moved to Mavin Records after the dissolution of Mo’ Hits Records.

Mavin Records released a compilation album titled Solar Plexus in 2012 and D’PRINCE was part of that project. It included hit singles, “Take Banana” and “Amarachi” which was the lead single…. Ever since then he has gone off the radar until recently he resurfaces with ” Show me” ft small doctor and “World Wide” prod by don jazzy two wack songs. Will I be right if I say D’PRINCE is about to phase out of the Nigerian music industry.

http://www.aproko9ja.com/2016/09/08/five-nigeria-artists-flattered-deceive-us-struggling-get-hit-see-controversial-list/

Re: Five Nigerian Artiste That Are Struggling To Get Another Hit by ItsBolaji: 9:06pm On Sep 09, 2016
#IAGNTCOVER https:// www.datafilehost.com/d/c980d6ce Help support the brother! follow @datbolaji God Bless!

(1) (Reply)

Watch What Adele Did When She Sighted A Bat At Her Mexico Concert. / Music Video And Mp3 DJ Xclusive Ft. Runtown – Sexy Girls / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.