Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,033 members, 7,807,075 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:13 AM

24 Ways To Be Successful In Life - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 24 Ways To Be Successful In Life (39559 Views)

5 Easy Ways To Become Self-dependent In Life / What's Your Biggest Regret In Life So Far? / 17 Bad Habits You Need To Kill In 2017 To Be More Successful In 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

24 Ways To Be Successful In Life by johnsmhelia15(m): 8:06am On Sep 09, 2016
When I got this, it was simply too good for me alone to read and be blessed! It's a MUST read for self development!

1. Make friends with successful people and occasionally buy them gift and surprise them with lunch because successful people always give and hardly get, so when you give them, they value the gift a lot.

2. Get a mentor and follow his instructions and respect the relationship. Never beg your mentor for money or disrespect his or her privacy.

3. Make new positive friends as often as possible and ensure you keep the communication line open. Create a network of friends and not just connections.

5. Show kindness to everyone. Some small boys today will be big boys tomorrow. The biggest dog in the neighborhood was once a puppy. And keep the information/secret to yourself.

6. Always plan ahead and be proactive. He that plans the future work less in the future.

7. Listen to speeches and messages from great teachers. Both religious and educational.

8. Attend seminars and training on any area you need to improve yourself. Train the trainer, personal development, public speaking, sales etc.

9. Have the habit of keeping a pen and a writing pad handy because ideas come in the form of flashes. The smallest pen is bigger and better than the biggest brain.

10. Make sure at every point in time you are reading a book. If you spend 20 minutes reading daily, for 52 weeks you would have consumed 1,000,000 words.

11.Stay away from television as much as possible. You can watch educational channels. Men with big TV sits in front of them to watch men with big library.

12 Put control over your mouth, never say evil of any man, what you are not certain of should not be said. Say good of all men.

13. Always show appreciation for any good deed you received.

14. Always help someone in need.

15. Live a debt free life. What you can’t pay cash for is not your size.

16. Give out loans that you can part with as gift, so that you don’t destroy your business and relationship.

17. Create legitimate multiple source of income.

18. Save at least 10 percent of your income.

19. Invest a portion of your income. And be patient to see it grow. If what you have in your hands is not good to be called a harvest then it’s a seed, sow it.

20. Keep a good financial record of all income and expenses, so you won’t ask later “where did my money go”

21. Be involved in community service. Control traffic, free lesson class for students etc.

22. Keep getting better on your daily goals and dream, develop yourself on them and make sure you get to the top 10 % of your industry.

23. Make sure you engage in exercise. It keeps your brain alert and your body fit to enjoy your success.

24. Pray often, and know that for every success, there is a stronger being that made it possible.

215 Likes 42 Shares

Re: 24 Ways To Be Successful In Life by stigmond(m): 8:31am On Sep 09, 2016
Nice one man!!!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 24 Ways To Be Successful In Life by Omotayo7(m): 1:35pm On Sep 09, 2016
Interesting
Re: 24 Ways To Be Successful In Life by Julietcutie(f): 11:43pm On Sep 09, 2016
nice.... lalasticlala this is front page material not every time snake or celebrities and their boobs

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: 24 Ways To Be Successful In Life by YhungPablo(m): 11:55pm On Sep 09, 2016
OK oo
Re: 24 Ways To Be Successful In Life by Dandeson1(m): 11:00am On Sep 10, 2016
Some people will do all this and still be unsuccessful... While you watch some niggas live free day to day and still make it...

No be by protocol

Just saying tho...

26 Likes

Re: 24 Ways To Be Successful In Life by StephanieLuv(f): 11:01am On Sep 10, 2016
All this things you said are all bullshit, the key to success is 1 percent hardwork and 99 percent GOD.

Ask yourself this question why in your class those that are called block heads end up becoming millionaires.

Innoson never did all this crap you said and today he is very successful, just pay baba God bless your hustle no matter how small.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 24 Ways To Be Successful In Life by UTILITYMAY(m): 11:01am On Sep 10, 2016
Konfam

2 Likes

Re: 24 Ways To Be Successful In Life by KingOfAmebo(m): 11:01am On Sep 10, 2016
How would you explain the fact that on both occasions that Nigeria found herself in recessions was under one man called Buhari? He is the only Nigerian President dead or alive that has achieved this disgraceful feat.

http://www.elombah.com/index.php/opinion/10007-muhammadu-buhari-recession-it-s-1984-all-over-again

If you blame Jonathan or PDP for 2016 recession under Buhari, who would you blame for 1984 Recession under the same man Buhari? If you want Nigeria to witness a hatrick of recession then vote for Buhari in 2019 and watch your generation die of hunger.

21 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 24 Ways To Be Successful In Life by zangiff(m): 11:02am On Sep 10, 2016
good one......................
Re: 24 Ways To Be Successful In Life by SuperBlack: 11:02am On Sep 10, 2016
People can Lie shaa

Imagine they said Bag of Rice is N24000, and i priced it today it was N23,990, Thank God i went to the market myself.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 24 Ways To Be Successful In Life by soberdrunk(m): 11:02am On Sep 10, 2016
grin grin hahahahahahahaha! I always find if very funny that people think there is a particular set of rules to be followed for success cheesy cheesy cheesy I always pity people that buy 'inspirational/success' books, you are making someone else "rich" in your quest for wealth. How can somebody in their right mind think you can become a "billonaire" by buying a #500 naira book angry angry. For crying out loud if there were secrets on how to become succesful, the price will definitely be more than #500 and nobody will tell you for free. Its the same way i dont trust "religious" people that come to preach to me about "heaven", if all they say is true about this place, why will you tell me? What is the catch? My neighbor that wont tell me where he buys fuel at "official price" comes almost every sunday and starts telling about a place of "perfection" and how to get there cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin........

19 Likes

Re: 24 Ways To Be Successful In Life by Nobody: 11:03am On Sep 10, 2016
Re: 24 Ways To Be Successful In Life by Larryfest(m): 11:03am On Sep 10, 2016
This is nice stuff but then alot of people have done all these and much more yet they were'nt successful meanwhile some didn't even do 3 out of these and their success story have been heard all round....what do we call these

5 Likes

Re: 24 Ways To Be Successful In Life by donsteady(m): 11:03am On Sep 10, 2016
Include don't date or marry more than one wife at a time.

8 Likes

Re: 24 Ways To Be Successful In Life by sunnymornin1(m): 11:04am On Sep 10, 2016
I totelly agree wit the op 100percent

2 Likes

Re: 24 Ways To Be Successful In Life by Tkayhandsome(m): 11:04am On Sep 10, 2016
Fu**k I must be successful

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 24 Ways To Be Successful In Life by Nobody: 11:04am On Sep 10, 2016
nice
Re: 24 Ways To Be Successful In Life by Ephramed(m): 11:05am On Sep 10, 2016
Re: 24 Ways To Be Successful In Life by stanliwise(m): 11:05am On Sep 10, 2016
Op the truth is dat success is relative. Infact gone are dose day men will consider themselves successful when they are of good behaviour, responsible and God fearing, although some do.
But a 21st century man see riches, fame and power as been successful; They dont give a Bleep about how they will get it,for them 'the end justifies the means'.

In summary, some of your point are correct and are timeless truth but others are outdated(especially the one that talk about obedience and been benevolent), they would only make you lead a good life but been successful is a farcry from 21st century reality.
I rest my case

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 24 Ways To Be Successful In Life by pinkguy(m): 11:05am On Sep 10, 2016
Ụ forget tọ adị coolnaria.comm pls used kingarea as sporsor
Re: 24 Ways To Be Successful In Life by Oluwalosheleyi(m): 11:06am On Sep 10, 2016
This is good,though my granddad always said most of this especially"dont give loans that you cannot part with as a gift". Let me add two to it:
25.Spend as much time as possible in the company of those older than you and while in their midst dont try to show off your intellectual abilities and dont interfere unless you are asked a question.
26.As a general rule talk less,listen more.supply only the information required of you and add nothing more.It saves you alot of problem and gives you the element of surprise; you will always have an ace up your sleeves,an end game no one knows.

Meanwhile, I'm preparing for a date with beauty232 how do I look?

9 Likes

Re: 24 Ways To Be Successful In Life by Nobody: 11:06am On Sep 10, 2016
I love this. Thanks op.
Re: 24 Ways To Be Successful In Life by Nobody: 11:07am On Sep 10, 2016
9. Have the habit of keeping a pen and a writing pad handy because ideas come in the form of flashes. The smallest pen is bigger and better than the biggest brain.

arrant nonsense!

the human brain is the most powerful coordination compound object in the universe.

if your brain is incapable of retaining ideas then u need a brain transplant, not a pen.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 24 Ways To Be Successful In Life by kllinxman(m): 11:07am On Sep 10, 2016
make positive friends... some people are slow in making friends..
Re: 24 Ways To Be Successful In Life by Nobody: 11:08am On Sep 10, 2016
Forget all these corporate talk and Western world crap.There are only two ways to be successful on the street.
Gamble responsibly and womanise responsibly. You are good to go.
Follow this at your own peril. Quote me spew rubbish and this below will be your potion.

4 Likes

Re: 24 Ways To Be Successful In Life by Boyooosa(m): 11:09am On Sep 10, 2016
Abeg write the one that will suit buhari's economy Jere.
Re: 24 Ways To Be Successful In Life by viclords: 11:09am On Sep 10, 2016
God bless u
Re: 24 Ways To Be Successful In Life by handysuzy(f): 11:09am On Sep 10, 2016
Dandeson1:
Some people will do all this and still be unsuccessful... While you watch some niggas live free day to day and still make it...

No be by protocol

Just saying tho...

This is soooooo true. We can only try. There is no manual for life.

3 Likes

Re: 24 Ways To Be Successful In Life by just2okworld(f): 11:09am On Sep 10, 2016
✔✔✔
Re: 24 Ways To Be Successful In Life by Achorise: 11:11am On Sep 10, 2016
This thread is for mature minds.

5 Likes

Re: 24 Ways To Be Successful In Life by Singapore1(m): 11:12am On Sep 10, 2016
SultanOfBrunei:

arrant nonsense!
if you are incapable of retaining ideas then u need a brain transplant, not a pen.

yio ma daa fun e ooo!!! sad

i dont know why people keep emphasizing on writing down ideas ( what happened to my brain )

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Policeman Spotted At The Back Of Danfo In Lagos / My Neighbour Is Loud All The Time / See The Long Cobra A Neighbour Killed.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.