Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,380 members, 7,808,353 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:45 AM

Oshiomole Did Well In Edo , Incoming Oba Of Benin Told Dangote-nigeria Observer - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Oshiomole Did Well In Edo , Incoming Oba Of Benin Told Dangote-nigeria Observer (650 Views)

Ezelekhae Ewuare: The Crown Prince Of Benin Kingdom Unveiled In Edo (Photos) / Oba Of Benin And His Luxury Rolls Royce Spotted At An Event In Edo State. Photos / Dangote, Ooni Ogunwusi, Oyegun At Oba Of Benin's Coronation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oshiomole Did Well In Edo , Incoming Oba Of Benin Told Dangote-nigeria Observer by Nobody: 10:09am On Sep 09, 2016
The Edaiken N’ Uselu and Crown Prince of Benin Kingdom, HRH Prince Eheneden Erediauwa says Governor Adams Oshiomhole of Edo State has made giant strides in infrastructural development and has laid a solid foundation in the State for incoming governors to build upon.
Speaking while receiving the President and Chief Executive Officer, Dangote Group, Alhaji Aliko Dangote in the company of Governor Adams Oshiomhole and former Ekiti Governor, Niyi Adebayo at the Edaiken’s Palace, Benin City, Wednesday, the Crown Prince said, “We thank God and our ancestors for giving us our able governor. I told the President that I have always said that he has tried in Edo State. I am also sure that he is reaping the reward of his efforts in Edo State. He has tried, and we pray that whoever comes in next should try harder to do better.

He has assured us that if it is his candidate that comes in, the candidate will do better than himself. What our governor did is a feat that nobody believed would have been possible considering that he was in the opposition. At the time he came in, he was in the opposition party, and he was not getting attention at that time from the federal. He struggled to generate revenue from within and he used his wisdom. We pray that God should give him more wisdom. My prayer to him is that, as it has always been, he should sail on and on his tenure without blemish to the end successfully. And that still remains our prayer until he hands over the mantle of leadership, and we pray that the next governor should learn from what the Governor has done.”

He continued, “This city used to be described as an ancient kingdom, referring to that ancient city literarily speaking as if it was looking ancient because it was dilapidated. No light and we were in the dark. He is the first governor that has come and he lit up the place. Why can’t one but commend the state Governor for a job well done, since he has laid a serious foundation for other governors to build on?”
The Crown Prince further said, “Our request to you is that wherever we need something from the Federal level, you should assist our dear Governor to actualize what our request is to Mr. President.

We hope that one day, we will have the opportunity of benefitting from that. So, I would like to request on behalf of our chiefs, the Benin people that you keep on representing us at the federal level, assisting the Governor who has done marvelously well. We also like Alhaji to support our efforts to promote tourism in the state. One of the programmes I have by the grace of God is to promote tourism immensely. My pet project is free trade zone at Gelegele, and I have always been passionate about that. So, I have to quickly mention it.”

Responding, the President and Chief Executive, Dangote Group, Alhaji Aliko Dangote said, “I join millions of Nigerians and indeed the entire black race to congratulate you on the occasion of your ascension on to the seat of Oba of the ancient kingdom of Benin, one of Africa’s most revered and historical dynasties. I feel humbled and highly honoured to be invited to the occasion as one of the special guests. We have no doubt that you will build on the solid foundation laid by your forefathers. We all look forward to contributing our quota to the continuous growth and prosperity of the Benin kingdom during your reign. We pray the good Lord to give you the good health, long life and wisdom for a long peaceful and prosperous reign as Oba of Benin Kingdom.”

According to Dangote, “It’s always been a great pleasure for me to come personally and pay you a courtesy call. It is not even now; we have tried and tried to fix an appointment. There was a day even before that day for me to come and commiserate with you on the passing of our dear father. It is not only a loss to the entire Benin kingdom, but both Nigeria and beyond Nigeria, because he served Nigeria and he was a very peaceful person. And we pray to Almighty God to bless his soul.”

Dangote said, “I would like to personally commiserate with you and also to congratulate you for being the next Oba. I have no doubt, your royal majesty you will not only improve and also take Benin kingdom to the next level; I know that it will be felt all over Nigeria. With your exposure being an ambassador, knowing what has been happening all over the Western world, you will apply it here. We will continue to support your Royal Majesty. Right now, I know that with you, even though he is finishing his term in few days, with him and our new Oba, Benin will become a place where people will come from other places and look for jobs. This is actually a place that God has blessed. I was telling the Governor yesterday, creating jobs in Benin is not a difficult task.”

He added, “Governor Adams has actually done very well. People that have not been to Benin for the past ten years, if they visit Benin they will know there has been a real change, and I really congratulate Adams for doing his best bringing this state to this level. Today, I am more than happy that you are the next Oba of Benin. I congratulate you, and I want to assure you of my personal continuous support for this kingdom under your leadership. I will personally come back.”

Speaking earlier, Governor Adams Oshiomhole who accompanied Alhaji Aliko Dangote to the Edaiken Palace said, “Your Royal Highness, you remember I mentioned to you two months ago that I secured a date for Alhaji Aliko Dangote to come and visit you, to come and condole with you and the people of this kingdom. But then he took off from Lagos, and at Benin Airport there was no landing aid and that visit was aborted. It has been his desire to come to still commensurate with you, but this time to congratulate you on your formal installation as the Edaiken N’ Uselu. He has received your letter concerning the grand reception that we are all working for, God willing on the 26th of this month.”
Oshiomhole further said, “People refer to him in other terms, but I describe him in the way that I know him.

I describe him as the Africa’s most hardworking entrepreneur. It is that spirit of hard work that should inspire Nigerians, not the outcome of the hard work. So, in your palace this morning is Africa’s most resourceful entrepreneur.”

http://www.nigerianobservernews.com/2016/09/oshiomhole-has-laid-a-solid-foundation-in-edo-benin-crown-prince/

Re: Oshiomole Did Well In Edo , Incoming Oba Of Benin Told Dangote-nigeria Observer by agwom(m): 10:14am On Sep 09, 2016
cry
Re: Oshiomole Did Well In Edo , Incoming Oba Of Benin Told Dangote-nigeria Observer by Nobody: 10:17am On Sep 09, 2016
Every sincere edolites knows Oshiomole did well in Edo State.
My parents are from edo state, I was born in edo state, did my education from primary to university in edo state. worked in edo state. I am over 30 years of age.

Nobody can write off oshiomole's developmental achievement in edo state.

I strongly believe Godwin Obaseki of APC as a financial expert who has helped dangote to become this big will help edo state too to grow economically.

This not about party politics. it is about future of my state.

Why Obaseki of APC Will Make A better Governor than Ize Iyamu of PDP: Anambra case study

Obaseki is a technocrat in financial matters and a close friend to dangote. Obaseki is a major adviser and consultant to dangote group.
With Obaseki as Governor, I expect a lot of Dangote investment in edo state.

Obaseki will make a better Governor. Every smart Edo man and woman will vote Obaseki. We have seen how technocrat make better Governors than career politician. We saw what fashola a technocrat did in Lagos. he transform lagos. We can see what Obiano a technocrat is doing in Anambra. He is transforming Anambra state. We can see how Ambode a technocrat is moving lagos forward. We want technocrat in Edo state not career piliticians. Career politicians just share money among themselves. Technocrat brings development and investment through strategic thinking. We should vote for Obaseki.

While technocrats seek positive history, career politicians seek power. We must be wise to vote for those who seek history. Ambrose Ali was a technocrat. We can see his position in history as a great Governor who brought development. Obaseki is an economic expert. we need such person to run our state especially now we have low oil price. This is d best time for an economist to govern us not a politician.

Politicians spent all thier energy on human relation because d next election is always on thier mind while technocrat focus on macro and micro economic development because history is always on thier mind. Technocrat creat wealth for the people while politicians waste wealth of the people to maintain power.

Those who are being skeptical because Obaseki is sponsored by the sitting governor Oshiomole dont need to worry. Obiano d governor of Anambra state has never contested election in his life. Obiano was a technocrat from the banking sector. Peter Obi imposed Obiano on APGA. He was also sponsored by d sitting governor Peter Obi of anambra state. But today he is doing very well in Anambra state. Ambode of Lagos state has never contested election in his life. He was sponsored by Tinubu. But today, Majority of lagosians who even voted against him are very happy with his governance. A technocrat will always be a technocrat. Technocrat will always need a politician to win an election but it doesnt prevent them from performing very well in developing thier state. because history is d ego of a technocrat.
Re: Oshiomole Did Well In Edo , Incoming Oba Of Benin Told Dangote-nigeria Observer by sarrki(m): 10:17am On Sep 09, 2016
Oba have spoken

No more ranting

The owner of Edo have spoken
Re: Oshiomole Did Well In Edo , Incoming Oba Of Benin Told Dangote-nigeria Observer by Nobody: 10:21am On Sep 09, 2016
sarrki:
Oba have spoken

No more ranting

oba kha tor okpe e
Re: Oshiomole Did Well In Edo , Incoming Oba Of Benin Told Dangote-nigeria Observer by CliffordOrji: 10:22am On Sep 09, 2016
sarrki:
Edo is no mans land
Re: Oshiomole Did Well In Edo , Incoming Oba Of Benin Told Dangote-nigeria Observer by NOC1(m): 10:24am On Sep 09, 2016
Everybody is aware of that, forget about this few Nairalanders spewing trash, many of them have not visited Edo before, those that have visited know nothing about Edo look in the days of Igbenedion.
Re: Oshiomole Did Well In Edo , Incoming Oba Of Benin Told Dangote-nigeria Observer by CliffordOrji: 10:27am On Sep 09, 2016
ibhagab:

oba kha tor okpe e
Chukwu Okike Abiama.
Re: Oshiomole Did Well In Edo , Incoming Oba Of Benin Told Dangote-nigeria Observer by pyyxxaro: 10:33am On Sep 09, 2016
The Octopus has spoken
Re: Oshiomole Did Well In Edo , Incoming Oba Of Benin Told Dangote-nigeria Observer by Nobody: 10:33am On Sep 09, 2016
CliffordOrji:
Edo is no mans land

What are you saying?
Re: Oshiomole Did Well In Edo , Incoming Oba Of Benin Told Dangote-nigeria Observer by Nobody: 10:36am On Sep 09, 2016
Obaseki is a technocrat in financial matters and a close friend to dangote. Obaseki is a major adviser and consultant to dangote group.
With Obaseki as Governor, I expect a lot of Dangote investment in edo state.
Re: Oshiomole Did Well In Edo , Incoming Oba Of Benin Told Dangote-nigeria Observer by Nobody: 10:36am On Sep 09, 2016
Please I posted this one on politics section. Why was it moved to culture?
Re: Oshiomole Did Well In Edo , Incoming Oba Of Benin Told Dangote-nigeria Observer by sarrki(m): 10:41am On Sep 09, 2016
ibhagab:
Please I posted this one on politics section. Why was it moved to culture?
yeah that how it works here . Very organized you talked about Oba so it's kinda of traditional
Re: Oshiomole Did Well In Edo , Incoming Oba Of Benin Told Dangote-nigeria Observer by Nobody: 10:43am On Sep 09, 2016
sarrki:
yeah that how it works here . Very organized you talked about Oba so it's kinda of traditional
OK thank you for explaining. I appreciate.

Please can you moved it to front page
Re: Oshiomole Did Well In Edo , Incoming Oba Of Benin Told Dangote-nigeria Observer by Nobody: 10:47am On Sep 09, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
We know!!!

Yes those of us from edo know the truth

(1) (Reply)

Photo News From Chieftaincy Confirmation Made By Olu Of Warri On Warri Indigenes / Stop Spreading Falsehood. The Oba Is A Descendant Of Oduduwa / NIL

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.