Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,290 members, 7,807,982 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:18 AM

ASUU To Begin Strike 2nd Of October - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU To Begin Strike 2nd Of October (34311 Views)

FUTO Shutdown As Non-academic Staff Begin Strike / ASUU To Resume Indefinite Strike On Monday / NASU, SSANU And NAAT To Begin Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

ASUU To Begin Strike 2nd Of October by Toluwani111: 10:23am On Sep 09, 2016
The Academic Staff Union of Universities, popularly known as ASUU will commence her warning strike come 2nd of October, 2016.

Reporters gathered information from the ASUU Chairman University of Abuja Chapter, Dr. Ben on the 7th Day of September, 2016.

Speaking with Dr. Ben in his office, he said”We have tried to dialogue with the Federal Government but they have been playing games with us, we will start with a warning strike to show them we are not jokers” He stressed ASUU has being trying to get the attention of the Federal Government to intervene into the academic system of universities across Nigeria but it has all been abortive. However, ASUU will give a warning strike which will start on the 2nd day of October, 2016.

“The strike will last for one week, and if they do not give us listening ears we will start the indefinite strike come November 2016” The Chairman concluded.

http://dailyschoolgist..com.ng/2016/09/ASUU-is-set-to-commence-warning-strike.html

1 Like

Re: ASUU To Begin Strike 2nd Of October by AroOkigbo(m): 12:04pm On Sep 09, 2016
Season 2?

Buharrriiiii!!!!

modified. ..
FTC!!
Dedicated to my wife, 3 kids and. ..to my unborn baby, Chimamanda Emmanuella Ogbonnaya, who joins us in two weeks.
It is well!

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU To Begin Strike 2nd Of October by incrediboooh(m): 12:08pm On Sep 09, 2016
ASUU strike again!!!! embarassed

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU To Begin Strike 2nd Of October by SBJoji(m): 12:26pm On Sep 09, 2016
They want all university students to carry guns and start robbing on highways

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ASUU To Begin Strike 2nd Of October by fratermathy(m): 12:26pm On Sep 09, 2016
Believe this news at your own peril.

Before ASUU can go on any strike, it has to be a consensus national decision, usually in a Congress. One ASUU chairman cannot speak on behalf of the whole body.

Secondly, ASUU would have gone on strike long ago if they wanted.

Thirdly, I'm sure the interviewed ASUU chairman here is speaking on behalf of his own branch and not the National body.

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ASUU To Begin Strike 2nd Of October by Roidatom(m): 1:16pm On Sep 09, 2016
fratermathy:

Before ASUU can go on any strike, it has to be a consensus national decision, usually in a Congress. One ASUU chairman cannot speak on behalf of the whole body.

Thirdly, I'm sure the ASUU chairman is speaking on behalf of his own branch and not the National body.

So, are you the National ASUU Chairman?

192 Likes 10 Shares

Re: ASUU To Begin Strike 2nd Of October by Maskus(m): 1:16pm On Sep 09, 2016
I won't believe this could be truth...this could amount to double wahala to our university students and to the economy at large. may God deliver r us

1 Like

Re: ASUU To Begin Strike 2nd Of October by Dbrainiac1(m): 1:18pm On Sep 09, 2016
angry
How can you go on strike on a Sunday?
Something smells fishy here

9 Likes

Re: ASUU To Begin Strike 2nd Of October by SeyiAyorinde(m): 1:21pm On Sep 09, 2016
Here we go again.And one thing have noticed about strikes in Nigeria its that it is a chain reaction.... Expect ASUP,Doctors, NUPENG etc joining soon.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU To Begin Strike 2nd Of October by Nobody: 1:28pm On Sep 09, 2016
But where is lalasticlala now shocked
Re: ASUU To Begin Strike 2nd Of October by fratermathy(m): 1:40pm On Sep 09, 2016
Roidatom:

So, are you the National ASUU Chairman?

I didn't claim to be. I'm only deconstructing the news to others and saying why I think it's fake. A news of this nature comes only from the National chairman of ASUU and the person who was interviewed is ONLY a branch chairman, not even a member of the National exco. As one who is savvy with ASUU, I know how strikes occur and one of the processes is for a nationwide Congress to occur with delegates from all universities.

Besides, only a misanthrope will be happy with this news. Nigerian education has suffered enough.

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: ASUU To Begin Strike 2nd Of October by babyfaceafrica: 1:44pm On Sep 09, 2016
fratermathy:

I didn't claim to be. I'm only deconstructing the news to others and saying why I think it's fake. A news of this nature comes only from the National chairman of ASUU and the person who was interviewed is ONLY a branch chairman, not even a member of the National exco. As one who is savvy with ASUU, I know how strikes occur and one of the processes is for a nationwide Congress to occur with delegates from all universities.

Besides, only a misanthrope will be happy with this news. Nigerian education has suffered enough.
I concur,only jobless youths,scavengers and yahoo boys will be happy with this news.

6 Likes

Re: ASUU To Begin Strike 2nd Of October by KellyFORMAT(m): 3:16pm On Sep 09, 2016
I don taya 4 dis country to finish 4yrs course e go dey enta 6yrs. embarassed
Re: ASUU To Begin Strike 2nd Of October by Raymondfayowole(m): 3:41pm On Sep 09, 2016
Let d strike begin grin
Re: ASUU To Begin Strike 2nd Of October by gudnex22(m): 3:47pm On Sep 09, 2016
Lie Mohammed be learner for were this guy dey. jobless op
Re: ASUU To Begin Strike 2nd Of October by samozi: 5:38pm On Sep 09, 2016
[i][/i]chei...my nephew wey small see say i de school don grow.......I STILL DE SCHOOL

2 Likes

Re: ASUU To Begin Strike 2nd Of October by nickvanilla(m): 6:51pm On Sep 09, 2016
Abeg make dem chill o
Make my house rent for school nor go waste

8 Likes

Re: ASUU To Begin Strike 2nd Of October by olayincar(m): 6:52pm On Sep 09, 2016
again
Re: ASUU To Begin Strike 2nd Of October by lollmaolol(m): 7:24pm On Sep 09, 2016
Another destination menopause. Hmm which way FG vs ASUU since 1970

2 Likes

Re: ASUU To Begin Strike 2nd Of October by Franchise21(m): 8:09pm On Sep 09, 2016
ASUU... Bunch of jokers
Re: ASUU To Begin Strike 2nd Of October by IceDude(m): 8:34pm On Sep 09, 2016
incrediboooh:
ASUU strike again!!!! embarassed
Yeacheesy

8 Likes

Re: ASUU To Begin Strike 2nd Of October by IceDude(m): 9:16pm On Sep 09, 2016
fratermathy:

Thirdly, I'm sure the interviewed ASUU chairman here is speaking on behalf of his own branch and not the National body.
Bros u sure say u current pass dis guy 4 ASUU mata?.....

3 Likes

Re: ASUU To Begin Strike 2nd Of October by pseudonomer: 9:22pm On Sep 09, 2016
My school is on strike, ASUU wan join again, abeg, I wan graduate this year... biko ASUU. After graduation, you can go for two years.
Re: ASUU To Begin Strike 2nd Of October by Toluwani111: 9:26pm On Sep 09, 2016
pseudonomer:
My school is on strike, ASUU wan join again, abeg, I wan graduate this year... biko ASUU. After graduation, you can go for two years.
Double wahala
Re: ASUU To Begin Strike 2nd Of October by Nobody: 10:38pm On Sep 09, 2016
angryStrike?!!!

Re: ASUU To Begin Strike 2nd Of October by RealJaneDoe: 8:38am On Sep 10, 2016
Hay God I don't need this in my life father. wow its even immediately after Independence day
Re: ASUU To Begin Strike 2nd Of October by winkmart: 8:39am On Sep 10, 2016
Students, this is an opportunity for you to learn something tangible.

MINI IMPORTATION BUSINESS is one business is you could delve into and will not affect ur academic and still ensure u have minimum income to help you through school.

it's what I do to beat this recession, which I don't even know if any recession exists anywhere
Re: ASUU To Begin Strike 2nd Of October by dunkem21(m): 8:40am On Sep 10, 2016
Strike doesn't solve anything in this administration..

If you're not careful, they will sack all ASUU staff cheesy

1 Like

Re: ASUU To Begin Strike 2nd Of October by Nobody: 8:40am On Sep 10, 2016
My school don dey on strike for over 3 months!!!! And this bástards wan add join am angry

The thunder wey go fire una dey come from redemption camp angry

1 Like

Re: ASUU To Begin Strike 2nd Of October by louisakpan0(m): 8:40am On Sep 10, 2016
This is Educational Recession....
Share if you believe, like if you doubt.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU To Begin Strike 2nd Of October by ajbabs(m): 8:40am On Sep 10, 2016
I weep for Nigerian undergraduates.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Deplorable State Of Ogidigben Internal Road in Warri, Delta State. / Mention One Crazy Thing You Did In Secondary School / University Of Ibadan Distance Learning Application Form Is Out Hurry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.