Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,295 members, 7,808,003 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:18 AM

Recession Budgeting: How Reliable Is The Mtn Lumos Smart Solar System? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Recession Budgeting: How Reliable Is The Mtn Lumos Smart Solar System? (11339 Views)

Mtn Lumos Solar Power How Efficient And Details? / Who Has Been Able To Unlock The MTN 4G Mifi / Does The MTN 100 Naira Unlimited Plan Work On Your Sim? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Recession Budgeting: How Reliable Is The Mtn Lumos Smart Solar System? by Papishi(m): 12:34pm On Sep 09, 2016
Hi, I came across a product at the MTN center today; though I have been hearing about the product for a while I decided to engage the guys that are supposed to enlighten "interested buyers" like me.
After all my inquiries, I discovered that they were still unable to answer my questions concerning the watt hour I should expect on the system: i.e how long will i be able to watch my DC tv with my DC decoder and also power my DC fan. All they were just saying was that it will last for 24 hrs which we all know its not possible.
So please I will like to have an idea on this product before I put my hard earned recession cash on it because it will be useless for me to be paying #4,500 per month on a product which may not last up to 3 hrs daily cos am hardly at home during the day.

NB: Nepa has disconnected our Local Government from the National grid. They said their officials here have not been remitting the bills we have been paying. YOU CAN IMAGINE, NO LIGHT SINCE JUNE and if you ask them they will start shouting Buhari or Mimiko is our problem. cry cry cry

1 Share

Re: Recession Budgeting: How Reliable Is The Mtn Lumos Smart Solar System? by chizidgreat(m): 12:36pm On Sep 09, 2016
k
Re: Recession Budgeting: How Reliable Is The Mtn Lumos Smart Solar System? by idupaul: 12:40pm On Sep 09, 2016
MTN now wants to use one leg enter sell sunlight to Nigerians .. investors in schemes like this will make sure we never have electricity

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Recession Budgeting: How Reliable Is The Mtn Lumos Smart Solar System? by Papishi(m): 12:59pm On Sep 09, 2016
idupaul:
MTN now wants to use one leg enter sell sunlight to Nigerians .. investors in schemes like this will make sure we never have electricity

What is baffling me is the fact that even the guys marketing it can't give me most answers I need.

7 Likes

Re: Recession Budgeting: How Reliable Is The Mtn Lumos Smart Solar System? by NafeesaAA(f): 2:33pm On Sep 09, 2016
I have been using it for the past 8 months and its reliable , cheap and dependable.
Re: Recession Budgeting: How Reliable Is The Mtn Lumos Smart Solar System? by TheDEVlLHimseIf: 2:40pm On Sep 09, 2016
NafeesaAA:
I have been using it for the past 8 months and its reliable , cheap and dependable.
explain further

2 Likes

Re: Recession Budgeting: How Reliable Is The Mtn Lumos Smart Solar System? by NafeesaAA(f): 2:42pm On Sep 09, 2016
Papishi:

After all my inquiries, I discovered that they were still unable to answer my questions concerning the watt hour I should expect on the system: i.e how long will i be able to watch my DC tv with my DC decoder and also power my DC fan. . cry cry cry

If your battery is 100% charged by 7:00am and the sun is beginning to shine, expect your battery to be around 60% by 4:00pm when the sun level is receding.

Due to the receding sun, your level of consumption will be higher compared to charging. If you continue using your DC fan, decoder and TV at the same time, then you expect to have a battery level of 50-45% before 8:00pm. And if you are the type that stays indoors, then I did expect you have a battery level of less than 15-10% which is not enough to sustain your fan throughout the night.
Re: Recession Budgeting: How Reliable Is The Mtn Lumos Smart Solar System? by NafeesaAA(f): 2:49pm On Sep 09, 2016
cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Recession Budgeting: How Reliable Is The Mtn Lumos Smart Solar System? by NafeesaAA(f): 2:52pm On Sep 09, 2016
Let me ask you some questions

How many rooms do you occupy in your apartment

Are you alone or you intent to use the product with others
Re: Recession Budgeting: How Reliable Is The Mtn Lumos Smart Solar System? by NafeesaAA(f): 3:02pm On Sep 09, 2016
If you are staying in a room and palour type accommodation, then it is imperative that your cord for your DC Fan is long, such that you can move and suttule with it btw your palour and your bedroom. That's one way to enjoy maximum use of it.

Here is a picture of my mobile long cord for my DC fan

1 Like

Re: Recession Budgeting: How Reliable Is The Mtn Lumos Smart Solar System? by NafeesaAA(f): 3:23pm On Sep 09, 2016
You use the Lumor just the way you use your smartphone, A full charge can last you 24hrs if you used it wisely. But as I said before, its more useful in areas where there are no electricity or areas where you get less than 3-4hrs a day.

At a cost of 400 you get electricity for 3 days, compare that to buying fuel for your tiger generator with all the noise associated with generator. I advice you to go for it, you won't regret it.

Any further question just drop it , I will reply when am back.
Re: Recession Budgeting: How Reliable Is The Mtn Lumos Smart Solar System? by mu2sa2: 3:48pm On Sep 09, 2016
I use mine with a tv (24in)and decoder, a bulb (sold with it) as well as for charging phones (3-5). I have never connected fan, though. I use it mostly at night (about 6-11) and that will only consume like 40% of the charge. Since I bought it I hardly use my generator. Monthly subscription is N4500. I wil recommend it any day.

3 Likes

Re: Recession Budgeting: How Reliable Is The Mtn Lumos Smart Solar System? by idupaul: 5:52pm On Sep 09, 2016
NafeesaAA:
If you are staying in a room and palour type accommodation, then it is imperative that your cord for your DC Fan is long, such that you can move and suttule with it btw your palour and your bedroom. That's one way to enjoy maximum use of it.

Here is a picture of my mobile long cord for my DC fan

Can it power an inverter series double door fridge
Re: Recession Budgeting: How Reliable Is The Mtn Lumos Smart Solar System? by Kizyte(m): 6:12pm On Sep 09, 2016
NafeesaAA:
Are you serious?
Re: Recession Budgeting: How Reliable Is The Mtn Lumos Smart Solar System? by AnodaIT(m): 8:29pm On Sep 09, 2016
I dont understand, you subscribe to use inverter?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Recession Budgeting: How Reliable Is The Mtn Lumos Smart Solar System? by Dam5reey(m): 10:31pm On Sep 09, 2016
AnodaIT:
I dont understand, you subscribe to use inverter?

That's what i did not really understand....
How much is the complete package before monthly subscription...

December last year..
I bought my inverter with complete set solar . . Total 100k i can tell i have enjoyed my 100k finished

I don't know how MTN want me to buy dc inverter that cannot work with any ac appliance..
Re: Recession Budgeting: How Reliable Is The Mtn Lumos Smart Solar System? by Dam5reey(m): 10:49pm On Sep 09, 2016
mu2sa2:
I use mine with a tv (24in)and decoder, a bulb (sold with it) as well as for charging phones (3-5). I have never connected fan, though. I use it mostly at night (about 6-11) and that will only consume like 40% of the charge. Since I bought it I hardly use my generator. Monthly subscription is N4500. I wil recommend it any day.

What can it carry in terms of load?

What determines the power on it sun or MTN mast?

What is happening in the last 4 days when there is no sun
What happens if i don't use and it is fully charged?

How did you connect your tv, i know decoder is dc..

2 Likes

Re: Recession Budgeting: How Reliable Is The Mtn Lumos Smart Solar System? by Gosj01(m): 12:43am On Sep 10, 2016
I still don't get the whole thing! is that thing an inverter?

1 Like

Re: Recession Budgeting: How Reliable Is The Mtn Lumos Smart Solar System? by freezyprinzy(m): 3:34am On Sep 10, 2016
wat r u guys even talking about op abeg try expandciate and did u say 4,500 abi 45,000
Re: Recession Budgeting: How Reliable Is The Mtn Lumos Smart Solar System? by Sprintx24(m): 4:52am On Sep 10, 2016
I have little knowledge of this as I have contacted the company's help desk severally with little success. I am glad I finally found someone using this technology. Please I have some questions if you dont mind. Is the coverage everywhere in Nigeria? The last time I asked, I was told it's only available in the north. How much will it cost to obtain the full gadget.. Thanks
Re: Recession Budgeting: How Reliable Is The Mtn Lumos Smart Solar System? by mu2sa2: 7:12am On Sep 10, 2016
Dam5reey:

What can it carry in terms of load?

What determines the power on it sun or MTN mast?

What is happening in the last 4 days when there is no sun
What happens if i don't use and it is fully charged?

How did you connect your tv, i know decoder is dc..
It is charged by ultraviolet light, so it will be charging during daytime but of course will charge faster on a sunny day. Mtn mast has no connection with it apart from renewing your subscription. You need a tv with 12v dc inlet (original polystar 2016 model is excellent in audio/video output-sells for 40k. Note that it must be 12v dc power inlet - some like lg tvs are 16v or 19v and may not work with it). The latest decorders from startimes and dstv(zapper and gotv) have 12v dc power inlet and can be powered by it. For the tv and decorder you will buy extra connection cable at N2200 each. As far as i'm concerned this thing is way better than diesel or petrol generator as alternative power source. No servicing, zero maintenance cost - just the subcription and after 1,500 days no more subscription. I was initially sceptical myself but having used it for just over one month, i am ok with it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Recession Budgeting: How Reliable Is The Mtn Lumos Smart Solar System? by Worksunlimited: 11:57am On Sep 10, 2016
Dam5reey:

That's what i did not really understand....
How much is the complete package before monthly subscription...

December last year..
I bought my inverter with complete set solar . . Total 100k i can tell i have enjoyed my 100k finished

I don't know how MTN want me to buy dc inverter that cannot work with any ac appliance..

Dude! I am interested in what i just said.. Could u please expantiate on this. As in your solar powered inverter and all..

Better still u fit drop me your BBM pin.. We have alot to talk about..
Re: Recession Budgeting: How Reliable Is The Mtn Lumos Smart Solar System? by Sprintx24(m): 11:57am On Sep 10, 2016
mu2sa2:
It is charged by ultraviolet light, so it will be charging during daytime but of course will charge faster on a sunny day. Mtn mast has no connection with it apart from renewing your subscription. You need a tv with 12v dc inlet (original polystar 2016 model is excellent in audio/video output-sells for 40k. Note that it must be 12v dc power inlet - some like lg tvs are 16v or 19v and may not work with it). The latest decorders from startimes and dstv(zapper and gotv) have 12v dc power inlet and can be powered by it. For the tv and decorder you will buy extra connection cable at N2200 each. As far as i'm concerned this thing is way better than diesel or petrol generator as alternative power source. No servicing, zero maintenance cost - just the subcription and after 1,500 days no more subscription. I was initially sceptical myself but having used it for just over one month, i am ok with it.

Is it available everywhere in Nigeria or restricted to the northern states?
Re: Recession Budgeting: How Reliable Is The Mtn Lumos Smart Solar System? by mu2sa2: 12:23pm On Sep 10, 2016
Sprintx24:

Is it available everywhere in Nigeria or restricted to the northern states?
It is marketed by mtn. Just go to any mtn centre in nigeria and inquire about lumos solar solution. Initial payment is 15k and one month subscription of 4.5k plus 2k installation charges - that is all, for a 80w solar panel, an indoor unit, two very bright energy-saving bulbs and universal usb phone charger.As I type it is raining heavily and as usual there is a power cut, but thanks to my lumos am watching tv and the charge is at 89%, which can last the rest of the day.

2 Likes

Re: Recession Budgeting: How Reliable Is The Mtn Lumos Smart Solar System? by Sprintx24(m): 1:38pm On Sep 10, 2016
mu2sa2:
It is marketed by mtn. Just go to any mtn centre in nigeria and inquire about lumos solar solution. Initial payment is 15k and one month subscription of 4.5k plus 2k installation charges - that is all, for a 80w solar panel, an indoor unit, two very bright energy-saving bulbs and universal usb phone charger.As I type it is raining heavily and as usual there is a power cut, but thanks to my lumos am watching tv and the charge is at 89%, which can last the rest of the day.

Nice! Thanks for your reply. I was told some few months ago when I contacted the lumos help desk that operations were still restricted to the northern states. I am asking to be sure if it's now everywhere in the country. Any ideas?
Re: Recession Budgeting: How Reliable Is The Mtn Lumos Smart Solar System? by Kingy10: 4:04pm On Sep 10, 2016
Papishi:
Hi, I came across a product at the MTN center today; though I have been hearing about the product for a while I decided to engage the guys that are supposed to enlighten "interested buyers" like me.
After all my inquiries, I discovered that they were still unable to answer my questions concerning the watt hour I should expect on the system: i.e how long will i be able to watch my DC tv with my DC decoder and also power my DC fan. All they were just saying was that it will last for 24 hrs which we all know its not possible.
So please I will like to have an idea on this product before I put my hard earned recession cash on it because it will be useless for me to be paying #4,500 per month on a product which may not last up to 3 hrs daily cos am hardly at home during the day.

NB: Nepa has disconnected our Local Government from the National grid. They said their officials here have not been remitting the bills we have been paying. YOU CAN IMAGINE, NO LIGHT SINCE JUNE and if you ask them they will start shouting Buhari or Mimiko is our problem. cry cry cry
Around where do you live in Ondo state?
Re: Recession Budgeting: How Reliable Is The Mtn Lumos Smart Solar System? by mu2sa2: 7:17pm On Sep 10, 2016
Sprintx24:

Nice! Thanks for your reply. I was told some few months ago when I contacted the lumos help desk that operations were still restricted to the northern states. I am asking to be sure if it's now everywhere in the country. Any ideas?
It is available in kwara state.
Re: Recession Budgeting: How Reliable Is The Mtn Lumos Smart Solar System? by Nobody: 9:48am On Sep 11, 2016
Our brothers from the east will soon start producing the fake of this product. BTW, this is not what we need now. It may lead to future job losses if you know what I mean.
Re: Recession Budgeting: How Reliable Is The Mtn Lumos Smart Solar System? by Papishi(m): 9:53am On Sep 13, 2016
Kingy10:

Around where do you live in Ondo state?

I live in Ikare Akoko
Re: Recession Budgeting: How Reliable Is The Mtn Lumos Smart Solar System? by Papishi(m): 9:57am On Sep 13, 2016
NafeesaAA:
Let me ask you some questions

How many rooms do you occupy in your apartment

Are you alone or you intent to use the product with others

I live in a four room apartment but I only intend to use the product for my tv, decoder and maybe a fan.
Re: Recession Budgeting: How Reliable Is The Mtn Lumos Smart Solar System? by techcloud(m): 8:35am On Mar 15, 2017
I heard the advert on radio this morning. Please can this Solar power my Photocopy machine? It's a small table top machine.
Re: Recession Budgeting: How Reliable Is The Mtn Lumos Smart Solar System? by Wilfem(m): 1:00pm On Mar 15, 2017
techcloud:
I heard the advert on radio this morning. Please can this Solar power my Photocopy machine? It's a small table top machine.
It depends on the wattage of the copier, if it's not more than 60 watts

(1) (2) (Reply)

How I Got 26 Hrs Battery Time On My Device / Receive Jokes on Your Mobile Phone / Glo Overload Recharge Bonus Promo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.