Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,387 members, 7,808,367 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:01 AM

I Finally Got My Chilean Visa - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Finally Got My Chilean Visa (30933 Views)

Finally I Got My Visa! / Thanks To Nairaland. I Finally Got My Visa / I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Finally Got My Chilean Visa by NaijaElba(m): 1:50pm On Sep 09, 2016
I want to appreciate every one on NL that gave me good advice as regards my Chilean visa application.

I write to inform you all that the visa has been issued. Though the whole process was very rough, tough, time and money consuming, but i thank God I made it at the end of the day.

I really Wish you guys could come around to join me over there. Heard Chilean people are friendly, the weather and environment is conducive.

Anybody in need of Chilean Visa should not hesitate to contact me to enable me guide you on how you could secure your visa easily. I don't want you to pass through the stress i went through.

Though am going there for my postgraduate study, that wont stop me from offering help to my country guys and ladies most especially the latter.

Heard there are few African students there. I want more of us to rep well.

I really do appreciate you all.

God bless.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Finally Got My Chilean Visa by Smartlife(m): 1:57pm On Sep 09, 2016
Thank God finally.... So the expense in total cost you how much, the schools fees, the flight ticket and co
Re: I Finally Got My Chilean Visa by xkunzo(m): 4:41pm On Sep 09, 2016
@naijaelba thanks bro .. please share more light to the whole process for people that intending to come chile

do you travel by visit,conference,business,student visa ?

what is visa fee cost ?

where is embassy in located

required documents

cost of flight

Enjoy your stay in chile ..We shall join u soon

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Finally Got My Chilean Visa by NaijaElba(m): 8:38am On Sep 10, 2016
xkunzo:
@naijaelba thanks bro .. please share more light to the whole process for people that intending to come chile

do you travel by visit,conference,business,student visa ?

what is visa fee cost ?

where is embassy in located

required documents

cost of flight

Enjoy your stay in chile ..We shall join u soon

I will write out the process soon...but to answer your questions, I am traveling as a student and I am using a tourist visa which is Temporary residence Visa, the visa fee is just $40 + bank charges, I ended up paying over #30k+ for it. It is only valid for 365 days. Since I am going there to study i will convert it before the expiration of it.

The embassy is located in Nairobi.

The cost of flight with the way dollar is fluctuating....I cant really say....the last time I made enquires it's about $1700 for return ticket.

I don't know how much it will cost now.

The required documents are as follows;

1. Completed visa application form duly signed
2. Copy of Passport (valid must be valid for 1 year)as front date of entry into Chile
3. Tertiary Education Degree or diploma (must be legalized)
4. One passport size photo (to be uploaded while registering)
5. Letter of employment stating the reason of the trip to Chile
6. Letter of Invitation
7. Copy of the flight booking/itinerary and Confirmed hotel booking
8. Police Certificate of clear criminal records
9. Yellow fever certificate
10. Bank statements backdated for three months and certified by the bank

I did #3 Above in Federal ministry of Education and Foreign affair respectively
#5 is just like an introduction letter

I will put out the process soon.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Finally Got My Chilean Visa by Ussyberry(m): 9:09am On Sep 10, 2016
Students can be very busy sometimes but please please please do not leave that country without visiting Easter island!

It's part of the country although it's far away so u don't need an additional visa. Maximize that visa that seems so hard to get.

I will eventually get a tourist visa so I can see that island.

I heard the place is something else.

They always talk about the island on "Ancient Aliens" the TV documentary series

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Finally Got My Chilean Visa by evatee(m): 10:09am On Sep 10, 2016
Ussyberry:
Students can be very busy sometimes but please please please do not leave that country without visiting Easter island!

It's part of the country although it's far away so u don't need an additional visa. Maximize that visa that seems so hard to get.

I will eventually get a tourist visa so I can see that island.

I heard the place is something else.

They always talk about the island on "Ancient Aliens" the TV documentary series

You seem to know more about Chile sef. Never heard of Chile before until they started beating Messi in dir Copa America games.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Finally Got My Chilean Visa by georgesegun87: 8:55pm On Sep 10, 2016
Pls which school do u apply to and can a student work while studying in Chile...

NaijaElba:

I will write out the process soon...but to answer your questions, I am traveling as a student and I am using a tourist visa which is Temporary residence Visa, the visa fee is just $40 + bank charges, I ended up paying over #30k+ for it. It is only valid for 365 days. Since I am going there to study i will convert it before the expiration of it.

The embassy is located in Nairobi.

The cost of flight with the way dollar is fluctuating....I cant really say....the last time I made enquires it's about $1700 for return ticket.

I don't know how much it will cost now.

The required documents are as follows;

1. Completed visa application form duly signed
2. Copy of Passport (valid must be valid for 1 year)as front date of entry into Chile
3. Tertiary Education Degree or diploma (must be legalized)
4. One passport size photo (to be uploaded while registering)
5. Letter of employment stating the reason of the trip to Chile
6. Letter of Invitation
7. Copy of the flight booking/itinerary and Confirmed hotel booking
8. Police Certificate of clear criminal records
9. Yellow fever certificate
10. Bank statements backdated for three months and certified by the bank

I did #3 Above in Federal ministry of Education and Foreign affair respectively
#5 is just like an introduction letter

I will put out the process soon.
Re: I Finally Got My Chilean Visa by Malayy(m): 10:04pm On Sep 10, 2016
that poor Latino country.. chai!

14 Likes

Re: I Finally Got My Chilean Visa by NaijaElba(m): 12:20am On Sep 11, 2016
georgesegun87:
Pls which school do u apply to and can a student work while studying in Chile...

Universidad de Santiago de Chile....

I think a student can work depending on the kinda program one is going for.

As for me....my host told me i will get a work permit that will enable me to hustle as soon as i arrive there.

4 Likes

Re: I Finally Got My Chilean Visa by Nobody: 4:04am On Sep 11, 2016
Malayy:

Nigeria has failed, walahi.

Even op is jubilating sad

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Finally Got My Chilean Visa by georgesegun87: 7:33am On Sep 11, 2016
Thanks for ur reply,please what course are you going for, what is there institutions fees, wen are you going to start your program.

[

quote author=NaijaElba post=49253586]

As for me....my host told me i will get a work permit that will enable me to hustle as soon as i arrive there.[/quote]
Re: I Finally Got My Chilean Visa by xkunzo(m): 12:47pm On Sep 11, 2016
@ NaijaElba thanks for the information bro ... do someone need to pay tuition fee before secure the visa.... hope someone does not need transit visa...

is any direct airline from Nigeria to chile

i will need contact of chile embassy in kenya

to know more information about requirement for tourist and conference visa ...

does any document need to legalized for conference or tourist visa ?
Re: I Finally Got My Chilean Visa by dasparrow: 3:40pm On Sep 11, 2016
Malayy:

Is Nigeria any better than Chile? Let me show you some pictures of Santiago the capital of Chile where OP is heading to. At least Chile has constant light. Can we say the same for Nigeria?

19 Likes

Re: I Finally Got My Chilean Visa by dasparrow: 3:42pm On Sep 11, 2016
More pictures....

2 Likes

Re: I Finally Got My Chilean Visa by dasparrow: 3:43pm On Sep 11, 2016
NaijaElba:

As for me....my host told me i will get a work permit that will enable me to hustle as soon as i arrive there.

@bolded

Check out some pictures of the university you will be attending.....

3 Likes

Re: I Finally Got My Chilean Visa by dasparrow: 4:04pm On Sep 11, 2016
EgunMogaji:

Why won't he be happy? Everyone cannot go to USA, Canada and UK. Besides, there are citizens of the aforementioned countries who are moving to countries like Chile especially retirees. In case you don't know, Chile is better than Nigeria. Their citizens enjoy a better life than what we Nigerians are dealing with here. In Nigeria, if you are not rich, you can't live comfortably.

Life expectancy rate for Chile is 79.57 years old. Nigeria's life expectancy is what? 52 years, lol. Chilean citizens can travel to 155 countries visa free or visa on arrival on their passport ranking their passport 19th in the world. Nigerian passport? 44 countries ranking Nigerian passport 92nd in the world, lol. Chile GDP per capita is $15,732.31. What is the GDP per capita for Nigeria? $3,005.51. What is the population of Chile? 17.62 million. Nigeria's population? About 180 million perhaps?

Abeg, let's mind how we look down on other nations when Nigeria ain't all that. Just because some countries are not as economically flamboyant like Canada, Germany, USA does not mean their citizens are living a life of hell like many Nigerians are living in Nigeria. Most Chileans are living a better life than Nigerians in Nigeria you best believe it.

81 Likes

Re: I Finally Got My Chilean Visa by shaicollins(m): 4:23pm On Sep 11, 2016
NaijaElba:
I want to appreciate every one on NL that gave me good advice as regards my Chilean visa application.

I write to inform you all that the visa has been issued. Though the whole process was very rough, tough, time and money consuming, but i thank God I made it at the end of the day.

I really Wish you guys could come around to join me over there. Heard Chilean people are friendly, the weather and environment is conducive.

Anybody in need of Chilean Visa should not hesitate to contact me to enable me guide you on how you could secure your visa easily. I don't want you to pass through the stress i went through.

Though am going there for my postgraduate study, that wont stop me from offering help to my country guys and ladies most especially the latter.

Heard there are few African students there. I want more of us to rep well.

I really do appreciate you all.

God bless.

pls this is my WhatsApp number 09039302845,I have interest on it thanks
Re: I Finally Got My Chilean Visa by Nobody: 5:42pm On Sep 11, 2016
dasparrow:

Why won't he be happy? Everyone cannot go to USA, Canada and UK. Besides, there are citizens of the aforementioned countries who are moving to countries like Chile especially retirees. In case you don't know, Chile is better than Nigeria. Their citizens enjoy a better life than what we Nigerians are dealing with here. In Nigeria, if you are not rich, you can't live comfortably.

Life expectancy rate for Chile is 79.57 years old. Nigeria's life expectancy is what? 52 years, lol. Chilean citizens can travel to 155 countries visa free or visa on arrival on their passport ranking their passport 19th in the world. Nigerian passport? 44 countries ranking Nigerian passport 92nd in the world, lol. Chile GDP per capita is $15,732.31. What is the GDP per capita for Nigeria? $3,005.51. What is the population of Chile? 17.62 million. Nigeria's population? About 180 million perhaps?

Abeg, let's mind how we look down on other nations when Nigeria ain't all that. Just because some countries are not as economically flamboyant like Canada, Germany, USA does not mean their citizens are living a life of hell like many Nigerians are living in Nigeria. Most Chileans are living a better life than Nigerians in Nigeria you best believe it.

You wasted your efforts and energy on the wrong person.

Have you stepped foot on Chile? I have.

You're in the same category as the OP.

Nonsense.

9 Likes

Re: I Finally Got My Chilean Visa by Ademat7(m): 7:43pm On Sep 11, 2016
EgunMogaji:

You wasted your efforts and energy on the wrong person.

Have you stepped foot on Chile? I have.

You're in the same category as the OP.

Nonsense.
I wish u could state your side of the CHILE u know that we d readers might have objective opinion

8 Likes

Re: I Finally Got My Chilean Visa by Nobody: 7:44pm On Sep 11, 2016
Ademat7:

I wish u could state your side of the CHILE u know that we d readers might have objective opinion

It's not my job to educate anyone on here.

I stated an opinion, you don't have to agree.
Re: I Finally Got My Chilean Visa by Ademat7(m): 7:48pm On Sep 11, 2016
EgunMogaji:

It's not my job to educate anyone on here.
I stated an opinion, you don't have to agree.
no p bro,it's not compulsory

21 Likes

Re: I Finally Got My Chilean Visa by topsyking: 11:09pm On Sep 11, 2016
dont worry.. your eye go clear when you land.. sebi na building be money wey u go spend.. i just pity you.. pls update us on ur day to day life..cos many of you wey travel go india, kosovo just go down low once reality hits them....

safe journey grin grin grin

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Finally Got My Chilean Visa by freudianslip(m): 11:33pm On Sep 11, 2016
1 chilean peso to 1naira is 0.47 it's not even up to 50kobo. It's better d op is going there study n not hustle.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Finally Got My Chilean Visa by xkunzo(m): 1:56am On Sep 12, 2016
dasparrow ,naijaelba dont mind any distraction message , always be focus...

definition of success from each people is different.

every country all over the world as is own opportunity...every country is a good place so far you can identify your opportunity there

largest fastory in nigeria presently are be own by chinese,india,lebanese,packistan,south africa,zambian in this time of recession they are making billions. why because they identify right opportunity

We are always believe is only usa,canada,Uk there is opportunity....information is power

You only need right information to find right opportunity
i
Have U ever find out reason why some people are still not rich or make it in usa,uk,canada and some people are in prison ?.....I know ur answer is that u have seen a lot of people that rich and make it in usa,uk,canada..

lastly do u know average number of people living illegal live in usa,uk,canada and in prision ?

pls try an do check and balance... u will understand

am statistician.

Please always have right information to give to people before telling them to turn back anything and willing to defend it to end

not just because u dont have interested or having right information....

as for me chile is not bad place.........please try an do more research and find time to read alots of things about chile.. you will see is place to be........greeting to all nairalanders

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Finally Got My Chilean Visa by NaijaElba(m): 8:50am On Sep 12, 2016
dasparrow:

@bolded

Check out some pictures of the university you will be attending.....

Thanks dasparrow..... my host in Chile sent me some make sense pics of Chile including those u sent. saw some others you posted they are not badt at all.

1 Like

Re: I Finally Got My Chilean Visa by NaijaElba(m): 9:16am On Sep 12, 2016
xkunzo:
dasparrow ,naijaelba dont mind any distraction message , always be focus...

definition of success from each people is different.

every country all over the world as is own opportunity...every country is a good place so far you can identify your opportunity there

largest fastory in nigeria presently are be own by chinese,india,lebanese,packistan,south africa,zambian in this time of recession they are making billions. why because they identify right opportunity

We are always believe is only usa,canada,Uk there is opportunity....information is power

You only need right information to find right opportunity
i
Have U ever find out reason why some people are still not rich or make it in usa,uk,canada and some people are in prison ?.....I know ur answer is that u have seen a lot of people that rich and make it in usa,uk,canada..

lastly do u know average number of people living illegal live in usa,uk,canada and in prision ?

pls try an do check and balance... u will understand

am statistician.

Please always have right information to give to people before telling them to turn back anything and willing to defend it to end

not just because u dont have interested or having right information....

as for me chile is not bad place.........please try an do more research and find time to read alots of things about chile.. you will see is place to be........greeting to all nairalanders

I appreciate your post. Nobody can distract me cos have already made up my mind. There naivety wont allow them to think straight to see that it is not until you get to US, Canada or UK before you can make it in life. You have said it all in your post. There are other better countries we fail to visit, maybe cos they are so far from Nigeria. I did my research well before i made up my mind to go, though I am not going there to hustle....which that mu.mu that commented earlier fail to get. I am a Nigerian, Nigerian blood flows in me, if i didn't get good offer believe me i wont leave Naija. I have been on this for the past two to three years. Never a dull moment!!

12 Likes

Re: I Finally Got My Chilean Visa by NaijaElba(m): 9:18am On Sep 12, 2016
freudianslip:
1 chilean peso to 1naira is 0.47 it's not even up to 50kobo. It's better d op is going there study n not hustle.

I am going there to study not hustle.....
Re: I Finally Got My Chilean Visa by NaijaElba(m): 9:19am On Sep 12, 2016
topsyking:
dont worry.. your eye go clear when you land.. sebi na building be money wey u go spend.. i just pity you.. pls update us on ur day to day life..cos many of you wey travel go india, kosovo just go down low once reality hits them....

safe journey grin grin grin

dont worry i will update you......

3 Likes

Re: I Finally Got My Chilean Visa by NaijaElba(m): 9:28am On Sep 12, 2016
Malayy:

How i wish you could see beyond your level of reasoning....so it is hard for you to discern somebody who is going to study from those going for hustling? seems you forgot i am a full blooded Nigerian....I am not dull...maybe you would have understood pretty if my offer were to be stated here....mu.mu oshi!!! Naive ediot like you will just rush online to open your stewpid mouth at any convenient radius to spew rubbish.

8 Likes

Re: I Finally Got My Chilean Visa by Malayy(m): 1:35pm On Sep 12, 2016
NaijaElba:

How i wish you could see beyond your level of reasoning....so it is hard for you to discern somebody who is going to study from those going for hustling? seems you forgot i am a full blooded Nigerian....I am not dull...maybe you would have understood pretty if my offer were to be stated here....mu.mu oshi!!! Naive ediot like you will just rush online to open your stewpid mouth at any convenient radius to spew rubbish.
e pain am...
we should clap for you because you were offered admission in Chile of all places..
you dull no be small.. study and come back.. no job for for you.. they have not finished employing uk and us graduates.. who will employ a bloody Chilean graduate.. damn it.. third world country for that matter.. you just wasted your money.. bastard

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Finally Got My Chilean Visa by Ademat7(m): 1:43pm On Sep 12, 2016
Malayy:
e pain am...
we should clap for you because you were offered admission in Chile of all places..
you dull no be small.. study and come back.. no job for for you.. they have not finished employing uk and us graduates.. who will employ a bloody Chilean graduate.. damn it.. third world country for that matter.. you just wasted your money.. bastard
be mature for once!

24 Likes

Re: I Finally Got My Chilean Visa by Malayy(m): 1:45pm On Sep 12, 2016
EgunMogaji:

just imagine.. very soon, they will start running to Kosovo.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Panic As Vehicle Bursts Into Flames Near Justice Ministry In Abuja (Picture) / Nigerian Ladies Stranded In Lebanon, Call On Government For Help To Return Home / Picture Of Pen Cinema Bridge Nearing Completion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.