Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,584 members, 7,809,114 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:42 PM

What Are Good Startup Ideas For 2016? - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / What Are Good Startup Ideas For 2016? (430 Views)

Official Pop Date For 2016 Nysc Batch A (stream Ii) / NYSC Mobilization Status For 2016 BATCH B / Whatsapp Group For 2016 Lagos Corpers Stream II, Batch A (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Are Good Startup Ideas For 2016? by UberHive: 2:15pm On Sep 09, 2016
The best start up ideas for 2016 are those ideas that solve the equation: “ I need X but Y”

UBER is a great idea that solves the equation. “ I need a taxi but I can’t wait for it”

The best ideas for 2016 change how we live and how we operate. They fix the simplest problems we have which we had grown so accustomed to that we had assumed they were fixed. The best businesses re-imagine the problem within the framework of technological advances. The biggest opportunities are to meet the problems that people had grown complacent of. They had grown so used to that they have accepted them as a way of life.

Uber is the prime example; smartphone technology had been around for 3 years before it was founded, so the technology existing wasn’t the issue, people were simply incapable of imagining an alternative to the inadequate service taxi’s provided. The problem sat in plain sight for over quarter of a decade before Travis recognised the potential solution. Immediately a thriving business burst free and solved a problem everyone had and experienced but nobody appreciated. Never accept the way things have always been done as the only way they can be done.

The best Idea for 2016 however is a simple facebook page. It’s community within facebook called UBER HIVE. It solves the equation “ I need X but Y”

What is Uber Hive?

Uber Hive is a taxi management community for Uber partners.

Why do I need Uber Hive?

I want to earn with UBER but the pay is low.

What can Uber Hive do?

Uber Hive is the platform that helps network Uber partners to predict price surges. The hive enables partners to share and monitor high attendance social events happening in their location.

How does Uber Hive work?

One thing Uber does to try to predict demand, and therefore surge pricing, is study its data to anticipate surges before they happen. “How do we get more cars to the demand before it happens?” Kalanick asked. One solution for Uber has been to put heat maps on drivers’ versions of the maps that visualize anticipated high-demand areas 15 minutes ahead. [Forbes]

Uber Hive follows a different route to predicting demand. It follows the social route.

Uber Hive works, based on the guiding principle that high attendance social events are surge triggers. The hive utilizes the awareness of community members to share surge triggers in their current location with one another within the community.

(1) (Reply)

...what Is The Way Forward? / Batch B 2016 Jigawa Corp Members In Jos / Anambra NYSC Batch B 2016 Let's Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.