Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,022 members, 7,807,003 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:27 AM

Naijatech.com - New Tech Website - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Naijatech.com - New Tech Website (2832 Views)

Sorry Its Fixed ! Www.oyafollowme.com New Social Network By Nigerian / Http://.forumsarena.com - New Forum / Purefoto.com (new Website) - Event Photo Journal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Naijatech.com - New Tech Website by olutoyin(m): 7:19am On Nov 28, 2005
Friend of mine is about to start a new site about technology in Nigeria.The site will include,news,articles and reviews.He needs writers and moderators to come in as partners.He cannot work on the site alone.
NaijaTech - technology information for the nation
The site is not finished yet but it's working.Please check it out.
Why am I doing this?knew you'll ask... simple,if he cannot get people to work with him-he shuts the site down and I am one site down at
African Web Hosting
Re: Naijatech.com - New Tech Website by niyyie(m): 8:46am On Nov 28, 2005
thinking of shutting the site down even before starting

The fellow has little chance of survival. See, in anything in life, you need perseverance. Things might not just be rosy from the start. It ain't as easy as it seems.

So "if he cannot get people to work with him-he shuts the site down". The guy doesn't have enough will-power, I hesistate to join. angry
Re: Naijatech.com - New Tech Website by olutoyin(m): 9:26am On Nov 28, 2005
I think it's my fault,the explanation was lacking.It's like a magazine,which is very difficult for one man to run.He's thinking lack of content is not good and might scare people away forever but if he shuts down there is always the chance of starting up again.
Re: Naijatech.com - New Tech Website by jummiee(f): 12:48pm On Nov 28, 2005
i checked out the website, and it's ok, not bad, though it's not completed yet, let your friend check out www.jidaw.com, i'm sure he would get a few ideas as per content.

i dont think u need a horde of writers to sustain a website, as new members register with your website, you could suggest a topic and ask interested members to send a write up which would be published on the site.

Anyway, i think the bottom line is to advertise, advertise and advertise! set up a link from nairaland to your website ( if seun would allow that), set up links from your websites to popular tech websites, with time you would generate traffic to your site, and then content would not really be a problem, cos you would even get unsolicited articles from interested people.

Anyway, keep in there, dont give up even if starting up is a bit rough, do you know that statistics show 90% of new businesses fold up before the first five years of operations? cos the enterpreneurs were discouraged by obstacles? anyway, me tinks i've yakked ( talking endlessly) enough. grin

All da best
Re: Naijatech.com - New Tech Website by Bilspop(m): 12:54am On Dec 04, 2005
I cant see the address to this site you are talking about. All my fellows have spoken well. Olutoyin, tell the guy that tough times dont last but tough people do. I also volunteer to be a writer for the site
Re: Naijatech.com - New Tech Website by joftech(m): 4:19am On Feb 01, 2006
He can put a frame on a section of the page that will display content from other tech sites like news.com, linux.com etc.

He should remember, Google and Yahoo started on a single desktop PC with an hard drive that's less than a gig of data.

All he need to do is to jazz the site with Nigerian tech updates. I would have love to be contributing, but... where's the cheddar.
Re: Naijatech.com - New Tech Website by kris(m): 10:35am On Feb 10, 2006
joftech:

He can put a frame on a section of the page that will display content from other tech sites like news.com, linux.com etc.

He should remember, Google and Yahoo started on a single desktop PC with an hard drive that's less than a gig of data.

All he need to do is to jazz the site with Nigerian tech updates. I would have love to be contributing, but... where's the cheddar.

Yo no know pass money? Na wa for you o! After them give you money you go run and not write anything. grin
Re: Naijatech.com - New Tech Website by joftech(m): 10:50am On Feb 10, 2006
You think i be like them.

They can even make it pay after service.

(1) (Reply)

A Proposal For A Complete Web Package For A High Profile Church In Abuja, / 3 Surest Ways To Make Money From Konga And Jumia Via Baze9ja.tk / December Website Design Promo Only For 15k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.