Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,994 members, 7,806,888 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:20 AM

Should Midbelt/north States ask For National Derivation From Hydropower Supply? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Should Midbelt/north States ask For National Derivation From Hydropower Supply? (4578 Views)

States To Receive 13% Derivation From Mining Revenue — FG / Mining States To Receive 13% Derivation Revenue - Minister Of Mines, Fayemi / RMAFC To Commence Disbursement Of 13% Derivation Fund To Lagos (Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Midbelt/north States ask For National Derivation From Hydropower Supply? by KevinDein: 2:52pm On Sep 11, 2016
SpicyJosBabe:

Pls take your lies to the thrash. As at the time the Kainji dam was built, oil was not yet the major means of income for Nigeria. The dam was built in the early 60's.
if you observe in your profile you'll find I'm one of your followers and I've never regretted my decision to do that.

Gotta say kudos to you in your unwavering will to keep bursting the lies of folks South of the Niger river. You must really be a patient lady. wink

1 Like

Re: Should Midbelt/north States ask For National Derivation From Hydropower Supply? by waternogetenemy: 3:06pm On Sep 11, 2016
SpicyJosBabe:
For over a decade now, the Niger deltan region has been agitating for increased national allocation from the federal government due to the fact that their region produces much of Nigerian revenue from Oil exploration.

Niger state on the other hand which is a state in the Central region of Nigeria has 2 of the powerful water dams in Nigeria which produces almost all the hydro electric power being used for the whole of Nigeria for so many decades now.
Now, another hydro power dam is being built in Mambilla, Taraba state, central Nigeria, and this dam is built to be the largest Hydropower station in Africa which will increase power for the whole Nigeria......

https://www.nairaland.com/3339922/engineers-begin-work-mambilla-hydro-power

The question is that since states in the Niger delta region are getting additional national allocation for their crude oil, what about Niger and Taraba states and their hydro electric power generation for the whole country??

Would they be wrong if they start a similar agitation?

Go and tell ur Northern bros to divide this country, we datch u the dams that was built in your region using SS oil.

One Nigeria is not by-force, we no want again. Biafra and resource control is wat we are asking.
Re: Should Midbelt/north States ask For National Derivation From Hydropower Supply? by ozoebuka1(m): 4:41pm On Sep 11, 2016
SpicyJosBabe:

Yes, i know the damage being caused by crude oil exploration, but at least, over the years the FG has made concerted efforts to see to this menace.

However do you think that the water used in producing the electricity is not affected at all? Of course it is. The water used in the dams is returned back to its source heated with a different temperature than the original water body and this alters the original climatic settings of the environment which could also be affecting natural marine life.
with all due respect, I'm irritated when people lie with authority and smile to it as if they are very smart. Which dirty concerted effort? if any genuine concerted efforts have been made over the years by F.G, do u think there'd be anything like nigerdelta militias...argue any other thing but leave the nigerdeltans, because they deserve most of the things they have been agitating for due to F.G's neglect. mind u am not from there.
Re: Should Midbelt/north States ask For National Derivation From Hydropower Supply? by ozoebuka1(m): 5:04pm On Sep 11, 2016
cjrane:

In any case, the dam was built with 100% oil money from Niger Delta.
Infact, abooki should be re-paying back the billions of dollars used for Kainji dam as loan. Afterall if World Bank or IMF gave them the money, they would be paying back for that dam now.
Lol.

.you are funny

hehehe
Re: Should Midbelt/north States ask For National Derivation From Hydropower Supply? by chiefobdk(m): 7:22pm On Sep 11, 2016
SpicyJosBabe:

Ok, and if i may ask, which money was used in developing the oil and gas industries in the past? Was it the private money of Southernerns? No, it was the collective wealth of agriculture all Nigerians.

Talking about Abuja, do you know the sacrifice which the FCT indigenes paid? They lost their ancestral land and heritage forever. Its not as if the land was a complete virgin land. These people no longer have a lot of rights in their ancestral homeland, they can never become governors and worst of they dont produce ministers. Lets not go to that topic.

the cocoa and groundnut lie has been debunked.
actually palm oil from the old eastern region was the top foreign exchange earner for this nation

https://www.nairaland.com/3340447/annual-report-1914-palm-oil

1 Like

Re: Should Midbelt/north States ask For National Derivation From Hydropower Supply? by chiefobdk(m): 7:30pm On Sep 11, 2016
APCsupporter:

How many years did it take you to cultivate, create, produce or rear the oil? Boast of your hardwork and not what just happened to naturally occur in your backyard. The oil will soon become valueless as sand sef.

even with ur hardwork d old eastern region fed u with derivatives from palm oil export

2 Likes

Re: Should Midbelt/north States ask For National Derivation From Hydropower Supply? by chiefobdk(m): 7:42pm On Sep 11, 2016
KevinDein:
if you observe in your profile you'll find I'm one of your followers and I've never regretted my decision to do that.

Gotta say kudos to you in your unwavering will to keep bursting the lies of folks South of the Niger river. You must really be a patient lady. wink

slave bowing to slave master
Re: Should Midbelt/north States ask For National Derivation From Hydropower Supply? by APCsupporter: 7:44pm On Sep 11, 2016
chiefobdk:

even with ur hardwork d old eastern region fed u with derivatives from palm oil export

How are we sure its not a simple fabrication? So many lies have come out from people eeg: spain has recognized biafra, aisha buhari is this aisha buhari is that, namdi cownu has international backinggrin, nigeria has fallen into cownus trap, etc
Re: Should Midbelt/north States ask For National Derivation From Hydropower Supply? by chiefobdk(m): 7:53pm On Sep 11, 2016
APCsupporter:

How are we sure its not a simple fabrication? So many lies have come out from people eeg: spain has recognized biafra, aisha buhari is this aisha buhari is that, namdi cownu has international backinggrin, nigeria has fallen into cownus trap, etc

lies like northern nigeria is more populated than southern nigeria.
Re: Should Midbelt/north States ask For National Derivation From Hydropower Supply? by SpicyJosBabe(f): 8:52am On Sep 12, 2016
Blue3k:

Not around during civil war and most people I know want one Nigeria.The country needs constitution reform but your right. The people need to unite it would benefit everyone Ling run. Qwell this talk of session if people have more autonomy. Our leaders are stupid for letting the failure known as federal government run the way it did.

I never asked for seccesion I talked about giving people mineral and land rights back. Take it out of federal government. Let's states manage self like usa, let's have rule of law, property rights economic freedom. This will make us better. Even if everyone broke up without learning lessons nothing would chsage.

I guess we are both on the same page bro.

As much as we may resent the way things are, i think the leaders of the SS region are to get much of the blames. Why did they allow things to go this way from the beginning without saying anything? Even till date, you hardly hear them speak on these issues and give their full support and joint agitation to the issue of rescource control. Why is that?
You people must develop a joint functional governors forum or traditional leaders forum of the SS, u can join together with other willing Southern politicians or traditional rulers from the SE or SW. These are the ways to make your voices known or louder, through strong pressure groups which will eventually gain good support from the masses.

If this fails, then i think the only option would be to fight/threaten for seccesion clearly stating that the only option out is regional rescource control. Your elders and leaders must be at the fore-front of this issue.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should Midbelt/north States ask For National Derivation From Hydropower Supply? by SpicyJosBabe(f): 9:01am On Sep 12, 2016
waternogetenemy:

Go and tell ur Northern bros to divide this country, we datch u the dams that was built in your region using SS oil.

One Nigeria is not by-force, we no want again. Biafra and resource control is wat we are asking.

Do you think a new country comes and is managed effectively the way you Igbos are going about the whole issue?
When the Nigerian independence was declared, why did Biafran leaders not make it known to the colonial masters that they cannot stay in the same country with other Nigerians? Perhaps they thought they would be able to dominate and subdue Nigeria as their own, and when it eventually backfires, you cry for seccesion. I think that is the way cowards who are not ready to face any challenge head to head behave.
Biafra is in so much disunity, why are your elites, political and traditional leaders now showing support fror the struggle except for some street touts, thugs and miscreants?
You make Biafra look like an Igbo struggle and yet you want SouthSouth to go with you folks so that you can igbonize them. Biafra is not a workable option the way it is going. It is better you people restrategize and come up with something better and reasonable.

1 Like

Re: Should Midbelt/north States ask For National Derivation From Hydropower Supply? by SpicyJosBabe(f): 9:19am On Sep 12, 2016
ozoebuka1:
with all due respect, I'm irritated when people lie with authority and smile to it as if they are very smart. Which dirty concerted effort? if any genuine concerted efforts have been made over the years by F.G, do u think there'd be anything like nigerdelta militias...argue any other thing but leave the nigerdeltans, because they deserve most of the things they have been agitating for due to F.G's neglect. mind u am not from there.

You challenged my facts well and you spoil it again. I talked about 'concerted efforts' in the aspect of the land cleaning, which i have re-assessed and seen that it may not really be over the years, but again, the oil spillage was not the major reason for the agitation of the Niger deltan people, rescource control and an increased allocation was the major reason and that is why that aspect has always topped negotiation chart on the part of the agitators and not oil spillage issues.

On another note, did you forget to take into consideration the join participation of the numerous oil and pipeline vandals and bunkery men from the region who burst these oil pipelines, mishandles them and try to refine or channel their own crude oil in these regions? They take part in the issue of the environmental hazard and pollution caused from spillage and not the FG alone. What has the leaders of the region done to put these kind of miscreants in check? No, many of them fund these vandals to get illegal money through theft and at the end of the day they heap all the blames of the destruction of their land on the federal government. The highest level of stupidity.

President Buhari commissioned the Ogoni land clean up excercise. How many of such were commissioned by GEJ or OBJ who were southernerns? during their 14 years rule?

1 Like

Re: Should Midbelt/north States ask For National Derivation From Hydropower Supply? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:34am On Sep 12, 2016
aventura:
Is hydroplant now a natural resource? Some people sha
Hydro power is not built where there is no water, a natural resource. Refinery is not a natural resource but is used to refine a natural resource.
Re: Should Midbelt/north States ask For National Derivation From Hydropower Supply? by SpicyJosBabe(f): 11:02am On Sep 12, 2016
chiefobdk:

chiefobdk:

the cocoa and groundnut lie has been debunked.
actually palm oil from the old eastern region was the top foreign exchange earner for this nation
https://www.nairaland.com/3340447/annual-report-1914-palm-oil

I really wonder why some people are blinded in their folly or extremism.

Look at that chart you posted and do a simple arithmetic, add up the monetary proceeds from the cotton, hides and skin, groundut and Tin minning together, it is above 1.5 million pounds then add up the Timber and oil palm and see that it is just about 1.9 million pounds as of 1913, what is the big difference there? Then look carefully at 1914 and see that your oil palm seriously dropped in value while Tin minning showed good progress, do the arithmetic of 1914 and tell me what you come up with. Nonsense.

And pls, dont think all of us are ignorant and gullible people who you can feed any amount of lies you like.
Oil palm was mostly produced by present day Delta and Edo states and as of 1914, there was only one Southern region, so this was the collective effort of the whole southern region. Delta n Edo were no time part of the Eastern region, they were western region before they became midwest.
Re: Should Midbelt/north States ask For National Derivation From Hydropower Supply? by cjrane: 11:47am On Sep 12, 2016
OrlandoOwoh:

Hydro power is not built where there is no water, a natural resource. Refinery is not a natural resource but is used to refine a natural resource.

[size=15pt]
Exactly!

Tomorrow, they will claim Kaduna refinery built with our money should pay them 13% derivation, while they should be repaying us the billions of dollars of our oil money sunk into that project.

Even though our Niger Delta oil money built almost 100% of all those projects they placed in the far north out of nepotism of northern Presidents & military Junta leaders, we are ready to donate them to the north so that they will be happy.

All we want is our God given freedom to control our land and resources.
[/size]
Re: Should Midbelt/north States ask For National Derivation From Hydropower Supply? by ozoebuka1(m): 2:07pm On Sep 12, 2016
SpicyJosBabe:

You challenged my facts well and you spoil it again. I talked about 'concerted efforts' in the aspect of the land cleaning, which i have re-assessed and seen that it may not really be over the years, but again, the oil spillage was not the major reason for the agitation of the Niger deltan people, rescource control and an increased allocation was the major reason and that is why that aspect has always topped negotiation chart on the part of the agitators and not oil spillage issues.

On another note, did you forget to take into consideration the join participation of the numerous oil and pipeline vandals and bunkery men from the region who burst these oil pipelines, mishandles them and try to refine or channel their own crude oil in these regions? They take part in the issue of the environmental hazard and pollution caused from spillage and not the FG alone. What has the leaders of the region done to put these kind of miscreants in check? No, many of them fund these vandals to get illegal money through theft and at the end of the day they heap all the blames of the destruction of their land on the federal government. The highest level of stupidity.

President Buhari commissioned the Ogoni land clean up excercise. How many of such were commissioned by GEJ or OBJ who were southernerns? during their 14 years rule?
I'm not here to play blame game...one thing about poverty is that it affects the mind and we humans can't be in abundance and yet be suffering.....these guys are living on oil,and nigeria is making trillions from their farmlands, rivers, streams without giving much regards to the host community and u expect them to keep quiet? even if their elders are corrupt, the F.G should bring out numerous programmes that will benefit these guys becos they've done more than enough for this country.
Re: Should Midbelt/north States ask For National Derivation From Hydropower Supply? by chiefobdk(m): 4:44pm On Sep 12, 2016
SpicyJosBabe:

I really wonder why some people are blinded in their folly or extremism.

Look at that chart you posted and do a simple arithmetic, add up the monetary proceeds from the cotton, hides and skin, groundut and Tin minning together, it is above 1.5 million pounds then add up the Timber and oil palm and see that it is just about 1.9 million pounds as of 1913, what is the big difference there? Then look carefully at 1914 and see that your oil palm seriously dropped in value while Tin minning showed good progress, do the arithmetic of 1914 and tell me what you come up with. Nonsense.

And pls, dont think all of us are ignorant and gullible people who you can feed any amount of lies you like.
Oil palm was mostly produced by present day Delta and Edo states and as of 1914, there was only one Southern region, so this was the collective effort of the whole southern region. Delta n Edo were no time part of the Eastern region, they were western region before they became midwest.

lies. lies.

1 Like

Re: Should Midbelt/north States ask For National Derivation From Hydropower Supply? by waternogetenemy: 7:26pm On Sep 12, 2016
SpicyJosBabe:

Do you think a new country comes and is managed effectively the way you Igbos are going about the whole issue?
When the Nigerian independence was declared, why did Biafran leaders not make it known to the colonial masters that they cannot stay in the same country with other Nigerians? Perhaps they thought they would be able to dominate and subdue Nigeria as their own, and when it eventually backfires, you cry for seccesion. I think that is the way cowards who are not ready to face any challenge head to head behave.
Biafra is in so much disunity, why are your elites, political and traditional leaders now showing support fror the struggle except for some street touts, thugs and miscreants?
You make Biafra look like an Igbo struggle and yet you want SouthSouth to go with you folks so that you can igbonize them. Biafra is not a workable option the way it is going. It is better you people restrategize and come up with something better and reasonable.

Any country is better than the one managed by Islamist.

We want Biafra and Resource control.

We dont want your talk.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Long Live The Legend, The Great Field Marshal Odumegwu Ojukwu [PHOTOS] / Breaking: Imo APC Endorse Atiku Abubakar For President / No Okada In Port Harcourt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.