Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,904 members, 7,802,932 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:00 AM

Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner (44309 Views)

The Colonial Flag Of Nigeria Between 1914-1960 (Photo) / 1931 Population Figures Of Nigerian Ethnic Groups- Colonial Annual Report 1933. / Annual Report Of Nigeria 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner, See Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by APCHaram: 7:44pm On Sep 09, 2016
https://www.google.com/url?q=http://libsysdigi.library.illinois.edu/ilharvest/Africana/Books2011-05/3064634/3064634_1914/3064634_1914_opt.pdf&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwiGyOH69YLPAhUBJMAKHe0OAM8QFggLMAA&usg=AFQjCNE8bx1PWlU-vVAQhrTxIllP50Cn-w

Saw this pdf "Annual Report 1914, Nigeria " (see link above) which showed gross revenue between the north and southern regions after one year of almagation.

Go to page 7 and see for yourself how Nigeria's greatest revenue earner at over €1million pounds ( at least 10 times higher than any commodity export even cocoa) is proof that Niger Delta and eastern Nigeria has been feeding Nigeria since almagation.

47 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by 989900: 7:46pm On Sep 09, 2016
A shame we now import palm oil.

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by APCHaram: 7:49pm On Sep 09, 2016
The famous Groundnuts generated a total of 154,000 pounds.

Cocoa the same.

The only commodity that neared palm oil from the Niger Delta was Tin mining in Jos which wasn't even up to half of that realised from palm oil.

Can you people now shutup on that silly lie that your cocoa and groundnuts were used to develop the oil industry!

215 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by APCHaram: 7:50pm On Sep 09, 2016
989900:
A shame we now import palm oil.

That is not the reason I made this thread.

I just wanted to highlight that over 100yrs ago the Niger Delta has been feeding you.

190 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by APCHaram: 7:51pm On Sep 09, 2016
For those doubting this report, I want you to know it was signed by none other than the father of Nigeria, Lord Lugard.

cheesy

The Niger Delta earned 1.8million pounds from palm exports.

This is more than higher than all other commodities exported combined!

Niger Delta feeding ingrates since 1914 AD.

You people better open a shrine for Lugard I swear!

Cc: Biafranqueen, modath vedaxcool, omenka onnenka
Temitemi1
Tomakint
Gbawe
Arresa
Aresa
Arrresa
Egift
Progressive69
TonyeBarcanista I am mention you to see how Niger Delta that you have renounced has been subsidising Nigeria since 1914.

71 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by OBAFEMIawolowo: 7:53pm On Sep 09, 2016
I thought It was cocoa.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by APCHaram: 7:59pm On Sep 09, 2016
OBAFEMIawolowo:
I thought It was cocoa.

Cocoa, groundnut, tin, and every other commodity sourced from other parts of Nigeria combined does not even smell the revenue generated from palm oil

Lolz.

94 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by Kposkila: 8:01pm On Sep 09, 2016
Up ND

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by APCHaram: 8:05pm On Sep 09, 2016
Fulanimafia
Quotasystem

Come and weep

Even with chattel slavery still in place (slavery was banned in the north as recent as 1936), the northern groundnut plantations did not even smell 10% of what Lugard ripped from the Niger Delta.

Vedaxcool forget that thread and come and say that this is IPOB propaganda.

66 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by APCHaram: 8:07pm On Sep 09, 2016
Kposkila:
Up ND

Yes Ohh

ND can never carry last.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by fromnigeria(m): 8:08pm On Sep 09, 2016
Before the discovery of our spoiler

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by nototribalist: 8:08pm On Sep 09, 2016
We've been feeding them since 1914 too? Make una kukuma kill us na. Zombies

58 Likes 1 Share

Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by Nobody: 8:09pm On Sep 09, 2016
The cocoa output for that year was much higher than what is written due to the fact that huge quantities hadn't been exported yet

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by APCHaram: 8:10pm On Sep 09, 2016
Hungerbad come and defend your region.

Facts don't lie

30 Likes

Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by APCHaram: 8:12pm On Sep 09, 2016
Why are Nigerians avoiding this thread?

Vedaxcool you must comment now or forever Stfu on that phantom cocoa lie

Fulanimafia help me tell buhari, El Rufai and Amir Sanusi that you guys need the Niger Delta more than that slum city Lagos

45 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by afroniger: 8:19pm On Sep 09, 2016
Bia OP, so you are telling me that from 1914 onwards up until Oil was discovered, it was Oil Palm money that was feeding the entire country? I thought Nigeria operated a Regional system and every region used their resources to develop their region. Edumacate me please.

27 Likes

Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by Nobody: 8:19pm On Sep 09, 2016
The south south is not the only region that produces palm oil

58 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by trapQ: 8:20pm On Sep 09, 2016
Niger Delta is the best thing that has happened to Nigeria. Our greedy, pot bellied gold digging old perverts (aka politicians) know the right thing but won't do it. Its so sad that the region that has fed this country since the days of John The Baptist has largely been neglected.

This is my prayer : Those evil leaders who have enriched themselves from the misappropriation of public funds must die since their actions have caused the death of thousands.

#TrueFederalismOrNothing
Click like if you want justice for Niger Delta.

59 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by vedaxcool(m): 8:21pm On Sep 09, 2016
APCHaram:
[s]Why are Nigerians avoiding this thread?

Vedaxcool you must comment now or forever Stfu on that phantom cocoa lie

Fulanimafia help me tell buhari, El Rufai and Amir Sanusi that you guys need the Niger Delta more than that slum city Lago[/s]s

Its too early to be drunk

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by APCHaram: 8:21pm On Sep 09, 2016
F
afroniger:
Bia OP, so you are telling me that from 1914 onwards up until Oil was discovered, it was Oil Palm money that was feeding the entire country? I thought Nigeria operated a Regional system and every region used their resources to develop their region. Edumacate me please.

The British colonial govt spent most of what was not repatriated back to Britian to fund the railway project and seaports in the SW and northern region.

Try another lie.

53 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by APCHaram: 8:23pm On Sep 09, 2016
Hagm0nd:

Which year was this your map?

Have you heard of Oil River in what is present day Rivers and Akwa Ibom?

Pls try another lie

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by APCHaram: 8:23pm On Sep 09, 2016
vedaxcool:

Its too early to be drunk

And it's way to hard to dismiss this fact

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by trapQ: 8:23pm On Sep 09, 2016
Receive sense. Nobody said so but the quantity of palm oil produced in the South South far exceeds that of other regions combined.

Even your map betrays you. Maybe you dont know map reading. Let me school you. The areas marked green are oil palm producing areas and in those areas you can clearly see that delta and Benin has more palm trees meaning they are the largest produces of oil palm.
Hagm0nd:

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by trapQ: 8:25pm On Sep 09, 2016
God bless you. Keep exposing their lies.They are so scared of secession yet they won't give to Ceasar what is Caesar's.
APCHaram:
F

The British colonial govt spent most of what was not repatriated back to Britian to fund the railway project and seaports in the SW and northern region.

Try another lie.

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by APCHaram: 8:28pm On Sep 09, 2016
trapQ:
God bless you. Keep exposing their lies.They are so scared of secession yet they won't give to Ceasar what is Caesar's.

Leave them for me.

I keep busting their lies daily.

West Africa is the classic region of smallholder production, both of food and export crops. The oil palm, which has been both, flourishes in natural association with yam and cassava cultivation throughout the wetter parts of the region. In eastern Nigeria, which C. W. S. Hartley (1988: 7, 16) called “the greatest grove area of Africa,” densities of 200 palms per hectare (ha) were common in the late 1940s, and densities of more than 300 palms per hectare were not unknown.

Present day Biafra was even a major player in palm cultivation back then.

63 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by APCHaram: 8:31pm On Sep 09, 2016
Quotasystem progressives69 fulanimafia arresa why una no won comment?

19 Likes

Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by bayelsaowei(m): 8:34pm On Sep 09, 2016
APCHaram:
The famous Groundnuts generated a total of 154,000 pounds.

Cocoa the same.

The only commodity that neared palm oil from the Niger Delta was Tin mining in Jos which wasn't even up to half of that realised from palm oil.

Can you people now shutup on that silly lie that your cocoa and groundnuts were used to develop the oil industry!
I always knew it was a lie..

The truth is that nigeria is filled with so many ingrates...the Niger delta has always shouldered this nation and yet what do we get in return?..insults..they claim the only president of naija from the Niger delta is the most corrupt..

And then many want the Niger delta to fold it's hands and receive such insults...rubbish.. angry

63 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by EternalTruths: 8:36pm On Sep 09, 2016
OBAFEMIawolowo:
I thought It was cocoa.

You thought.? Keep thoughting grin

Happy Recession Descendants Of a fallen Angel grin

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by APCHaram: 8:37pm On Sep 09, 2016
bayelsaowei:
I always knew it was a lie..

The truth is that nigeria is filled with so many ingrates...the Niger delta has always shouldered this nation and yet what do we get in return?..insults..they claim the only president of naija from the Niger delta is the most corrupt..

And then many want the Niger delta to fold it's hands and receive such insults...rubbish.. angry

No be jealousy dey worry them?

Why did the Afonjas vote this tyrannosaur in the 21st century ? No be because they were jealous of the developmental strides under GEJ which saw the better south (SS/SE) the best rating in all human developmental indices.

65 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Annual Report Of 1914: Palm Oil Highest Revenue Earner by EternalTruths: 8:41pm On Sep 09, 2016
Hagm0nd:
The cocoa output for that year was much higher than what is written due to the fact that huge quantities hadn't been exported yet

What is this one saying.? undecided

22 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Pump Action Rifles Destined For Nigeria Hidden In Sound Systems In Niger / Jonathan Finally Joins APC? Here’s What We Know So Far - The Cable / Onnoghen Saga: :falana Blows Hot, Says Ex CJN Shot Himself In The Leg

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.