Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,414 members, 7,800,864 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 08:09 AM

Why God Allows Bad Things To Happen To Good People - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why God Allows Bad Things To Happen To Good People (19786 Views)

10 Reasons Why GOD Allows Suffering On His People / Another NOAH Type Of Flood Is About To Happen. / Reasons Why God Is Not Subject To His Own Laws ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why God Allows Bad Things To Happen To Good People by donhils: 7:43pm On Sep 11, 2016
Jesuobu:
God never created evil and but permit it. Evil is just an absence of good, just the same way darkness is just an absence of light. Darkness wasn't created, just take out the candle, and darkness will create itself.
Darkness is not the absence of light at least according to Genesis Chapter 1 vs 3 - 4.
There was darkness, then God created light, and He still had to separate the light from the darkness.
Re: Why God Allows Bad Things To Happen To Good People by Micheydy(m): 7:47pm On Sep 11, 2016
[b][/b] You are blessed my brother/sister.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why God Allows Bad Things To Happen To Good People by Kowor(f): 8:25pm On Sep 11, 2016
1 Corintians 10:10 There has no temptation taken you, but as such as is common to man, but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted above that you are able, but will with temptation also make a way to escape, that you may be able to bear it.

1 Like

Re: Why God Allows Bad Things To Happen To Good People by achorladey: 8:56pm On Sep 11, 2016
@Afrokan you did not answer the question. When a wrongdoer/offender is punished. That punishment to the offender/onlookers, is it a good or a bad thing. Still waiting for your response. But do not forget the punishment is meant to discipline or correct. Please don't forget humans are like clay in the hands of the universal Porter. We have no reason to ask or talk back against him. Still he gave humans opportunity to question him, examples include Job, David, Habakkuk e.t.c. Finally read Isa 33:22 For Jehovah is our Judge our law giver and King. So if you have a law as perfect as the one he gave humans let us see.
Re: Why God Allows Bad Things To Happen To Good People by achorladey: 9:13pm On Sep 11, 2016
@Afrokan you highlights the wantom killing of the firstborn son of the Egyptians by God. Then what right do Pharaoh and the Egyptians have by destroying all male of the Israelites because the Israelites are becoming numerous. Please God the owner of the earth is the landlord of the earth. If the tenants can't live by the rules they are thrown out of the house simple. That is why when the Israelites too go against rule of engagement when at war they suffer terribly. No double standards, simply Justice.
Re: Why God Allows Bad Things To Happen To Good People by dubemivan(m): 9:17pm On Sep 11, 2016
Lennycool:

Your reason that good allows his faithfuls to suffer so as to love him more, tells of a truly psychopathic father void of compassion. So does your reason that he wants us to grow stronger from these experiences. What loving father would allow the devil to kill the all children of his son in less than a day just to test his faith. So the children meant nothing to God.

Bros relax naa.... God is full of compassion and mercy Psa 103:8. He have a reason for everything he does. At the end of that story was the moral of the job lesson and that is our concern here! For the Scripture was written for our encouragement and edification! God bless you.
Re: Why God Allows Bad Things To Happen To Good People by Nobody: 9:47pm On Sep 11, 2016
Micheydy:
[b][/b] You are blessed my brother/sister.
you're blessed too. May God grant you the peace, strength and wisdom which He bestow on anyone who believes.
Re: Why God Allows Bad Things To Happen To Good People by Kay17: 9:51pm On Sep 11, 2016
Jesuobu:
God never created evil and but permit it. Evil is just an absence of good, just the same way darkness is just an absence of light. Darkness wasn't created, just take out the candle, and darkness will create itself.

If Evil has a purpose in the life of Christians do you think great evils as well have a great purpose?
Re: Why God Allows Bad Things To Happen To Good People by Tdonks: 10:35pm On Sep 11, 2016
Jesuobu:
You’re shaped by your experiences in life both good and bad, though most of which where beyond your control but God allowed them for His purpose of molding you to what He wants you to be. God intentionally allows you to go through painful experiences so that you know how to help those in pain because he comforts us in all our troubles and wants us to learn from His fair treatment and transfer it to others when the need arises.

Take for example, with the case of Job, God allowed Satan to do everything to Job except to kill him and what was Jobs reaction? “Though he may slay me, yet I hope in Him (Job 13: 15). Job did not understand why God had allowed the things He did but knew God was good and therefore continued to trust in Him. Ultimately that should be our reaction as well and not crying and shouting “God why me?” and speaking ill of Him in some cases.

Rather my dear brethren, be thankful for everything that happens to you because great souls are grown through struggles and storms and seasons of suffering and remember that there can never be rain without storm and neither will there be harvest without rain. In the end of the struggles you will come out victorious and you will realize the true intention of God was far different from what you have always thought.

Another reason why God allow bad things to happen to you even when you’re His child, is not to make you cry but It’s His deliberate act to shape your heart to love Him more. So God allowed those things which you see unfair because He knows a tree that is blown by tough wind does not grow strong root. Everything you face is just to make you strong and eradicate the fear of evil and death.

So my brothers and sisters whatever you face, be patient with God because He knows what He is doing. Thanks and God bless.

Written by Jesuobu(i.e. Jesus thank you)

Why do bad thing happen to good people? Because when bad happens to bad nobody sees it.

You remember when Jesus says... This is not unto death but that the Son of Man should be glorified.
Re: Why God Allows Bad Things To Happen To Good People by Nobody: 10:48pm On Sep 11, 2016
dblackninja:

Sorry to break it to you but nobody lives eternally.

CRK: Even the bible made us aware of that.
-God made man to live in the garden of Eden. Planted a lot of trees including the tree of life.
- Set him up by telling him only about the tree of knowledge of good and bad.
-Effecting his treachery by allowing an evil he made to tempt man.
-Chased man away from the garden & guarding it with a bazooka flaming sword lest man dangles and eat from the tree of life and live forever!

There was no way he budgeted man to live eternally.

In part 2 though he realized his mistake.
-He came down to atone for his sins of setting man up.
-He allowed himself to be sacrificed so that man can now live eternally (I wonder how that made sense angry ).
#Hurray mankind is saved at last!!

I see your cleverness but the things of the spirit are not for the carnal minded but for those who seek him in truth and in spirit(John 4:24), you might bring up all your mockery against what God has done but those who obeyed him faithfully were never struck and they enjoyed his favour.His thoughts are not our thoughts, neither his ways our ways.(Isaiah 55:8-9)
Re: Why God Allows Bad Things To Happen To Good People by God2man(m): 11:07pm On Sep 11, 2016
The human brain does not have the capacity to understand the diverse ways of the Almight God.
Re: Why God Allows Bad Things To Happen To Good People by Gerrard59(m): 11:18pm On Sep 11, 2016
[
Re: Why God Allows Bad Things To Happen To Good People by DonXavi(m): 12:05am On Sep 12, 2016
A very nice thread

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why God Allows Bad Things To Happen To Good People by Nobody: 6:20am On Sep 12, 2016
The Good News of God and son Jesus, will spread through nairaland like a wind and no one will be left untouched and all atheistic evil spirits will flee to avoid torment. This is just the beginning and thanks for your kind comments and 65+ likes grin
Re: Why God Allows Bad Things To Happen To Good People by hahn(m): 6:34am On Sep 12, 2016
sekundosekundo:

Your son wants to be a medical doctor and you refuse to send him to School even though you hv the resources, will you now blame God.

Lol. I do not even acknowledge it exists due to lack of proof.

Why will I blame something that doesn't exist? undecided

I'd rather much blame my own incompetence for my inability to meet up and start using my brain to make more income.

1 Like

Re: Why God Allows Bad Things To Happen To Good People by Nobody: 7:19am On Sep 12, 2016
hahn:

Lol. I do not even acknowledge it exists due to lack of proof

I'd rather much blame my own incompetence for my inability to meet up and start using my brain to make more income.

Re: Why God Allows Bad Things To Happen To Good People by dblackninja: 7:38am On Sep 12, 2016
Sacluxpaint:

I see your cleverness but the things of the spirit are not for the carnal minded but for those who seek him in truth and in spirit(John 4:24), you might bring up all your mockery against what God has done but those who obeyed him faithfully were never struck and they enjoyed his favour.His thoughts are not our thoughts, neither his ways our ways.(Isaiah 55:8-9)

Those are some of the passages being used to try and justify god's inadequacies.

Killing 42 children just for mocking a man, killing a man instantly just for having a good intention of protecting the ark of covenant from falling undecided What a very angry god!!
Or what about manipulating his prophets to lie and give false prophecy?? I don't blame you because you're afraid of accepting the truths about this god character to avoid maybe being smitten by his evil harmer (that's the fear god use in keeping his followers in line), hence you will opt out to say, his ways are not our ways.

A child dies at birth, a Christian brother dies of just malaria despite prayers upon prayers, your loved one had a terrible accident while crossing a road which resulted in amputation....

Typical christians consoling words: Ooh don't worry dear, god works in mysterious ways you know. His ways are not our ways. He knows his reasons for everything.

Does god ever protect his followers? Is he even capable??
It's high time you guys wake up from slumber and face reality, not defending the stories made by some ancient men from a certain culture with every strength in your body. God was created by man and still defended by the same man & I begin to wonder, can't he at least defend himself?

But no he choose to gossip and play bets with man. I seriously pity JOB cry

4 Likes

Re: Why God Allows Bad Things To Happen To Good People by Marvinspeed(m): 7:59am On Sep 12, 2016
To those of you quoting
Isaiah 45:7 "I form light and create darkness: I make peace and create evil: I the Lord do all these things"

If you read the previous verses before God was giving reason why He said that(isaiah 45:7)

In Isaiah 45:3 "I will give thee the hidden treasures of darkness, and hidden riches of secret places, that thou mayest know that I the Lord which call thee by thy name, am the God of isreal"

God was simply trying to show His Almighty ness,
He even gave a warning to those who are challenging Him and doubt His existence In Isaiah 45:9.
Just read the whole chapter and understand God's Almighty ness.

1 Like

Re: Why God Allows Bad Things To Happen To Good People by hahn(m): 8:35am On Sep 12, 2016
[quote author=Jesuobu post=49284683][/quote]

undecided

Re: Why God Allows Bad Things To Happen To Good People by sekundosekundo: 10:01am On Sep 12, 2016
hahn:

Lol. I do not even acknowledge it exists due to lack of proof.

I was once like you an atheist, in fact my parents were atheists I mean my father and my mother. For over 30yrs I was an atheist, I don't know your age but one day you will know the real truth and that truth shall set you free.
Re: Why God Allows Bad Things To Happen To Good People by hahn(m): 10:03am On Sep 12, 2016
sekundosekundo:

I was once like you an atheist, in fact my parents were atheists I mean my father and my mother. For over 30yrs I was an atheist, I don't know your age but one day you will know the real truth and that truth shall set you free.

The truth that .....

1 Like

Re: Why God Allows Bad Things To Happen To Good People by hahn(m): 10:05am On Sep 12, 2016
donhils:

Darkness is not the absence of light at least according to Genesis Chapter 1 vs 3 - 4.
There was darkness, then God created light, and He still had to separate the light from the darkness.

Jesuobu apparently does not read the bible undecided
Re: Why God Allows Bad Things To Happen To Good People by raphieMontella: 1:55pm On Sep 12, 2016
hopsydboi:
Religion is anti-nature
This is why I favour some religion above Christianity. Vandata, zen Buddhism, different system of the yoga religion etc has somemore logical n reasonable answers to questions like this than hide under the skin of an "unquestionable God".

Good and evil
War and peace
Friends and enemies
Matter and antimatter
Love and hate
Etc

Nature in it characteristics is of both positive and negative, it just finds a way to balance itself.
When you speak of a supreme being that is malevolent and omnipresent, loving and kind hearted and from the bible " the plan of God for us is of good and not evil(I av forgotten d book precisely). And yet all the evil of the world happens under his watch, we need to question his claims therefore.

I would accept a "supreme nature" rather than a subprime God tho..

My opinion
i wonder if fire can exist without its adverse effects
Re: Why God Allows Bad Things To Happen To Good People by raphieMontella: 2:52pm On Sep 12, 2016
sekundosekundo:

I WAS AN ATHEIST FOR OVER 30yrs.
this pascal's wager dude...lol you will rot in allah's jahannam
Re: Why God Allows Bad Things To Happen To Good People by raphieMontella: 3:02pm On Sep 12, 2016
achorladey:
@Afrokan you highlights the wantom killing of the firstborn son of the Egyptians by God. Then what right do Pharaoh and the Egyptians have by destroying all male of the Israelites because the Israelites are becoming numerous. Please God the owner of the earth is the landlord of the earth. If the tenants can't live by the rules they are thrown out of the house simple. That is why when the Israelites too go against rule of engagement when at war they suffer terribly. No double standards, simply Justice.
lier...God hardened yahweh's heart to ''show-off'' clearly stated there...
If you trace it back to gen 15...the israelites stay and persecution in egypt was ordained by god as a punishment to abraham for sleeping off during a sacrifice..
What a loving God!
Well its all ffiction tho

1 Like

Re: Why God Allows Bad Things To Happen To Good People by sekundosekundo: 5:24pm On Sep 12, 2016
raphieMontella:
this pascal's wager dude...lol you will rot in allah's jahannam
Same to you
Re: Why God Allows Bad Things To Happen To Good People by Nobody: 7:04pm On Sep 12, 2016
dblackninja:

Those are some of the passages being used to try and justify god's inadequacies.

Killing 42 children just for mocking a man, killing a man instantly just for having a good intention of protecting the ark of covenant from falling undecided What a very angry god!!
Or what about manipulating his prophets to lie and give false prophecy?? I don't blame you because you're afraid of accepting the truths about this god character to avoid maybe being smitten by his evil harmer (that's the fear god use in keeping his followers in line), hence you will opt out to say, his ways are not our ways.

A child dies at birth, a Christian brother dies of just malaria despite prayers upon prayers, your loved one had a terrible accident while crossing a road which resulted in amputation....

Typical christians consoling words: Ooh don't worry dear, god works in mysterious ways you know. His ways are not our ways. He knows his reasons for everything.

Does god ever protect his followers? Is he even capable??
It's high time you guys wake up from slumber and face reality, not defending the stories made by some ancient men from a certain culture with every strength in your body. God was created by man and still defended by the same man & I begin to wonder, can't he at least defend himself?

But no he choose to gossip and play bets with man. I seriously pity JOB cry

Please search for Sixthsense on Nairaland, he was a hardcore atheist than maybe yourself till he encountered God, remember Saul that was persecuting the Christians, when he had an encounter with God, he turned a new leaf. The Job you talked about, when he went through his trials, wasn't he rewarded much more than he had in the beginning? I won't go on preaching, I respect your views, but when you encounter God YOURSELF, you will know that he is real. Personally, not a false testimony, but I have encountered God personally. You just need that encounter brother.
Re: Why God Allows Bad Things To Happen To Good People by dblackninja: 9:30am On Sep 13, 2016
Sacluxpaint:

Please search for Sixthsense on Nairaland, he was a hardcore atheist than maybe yourself till he encountered God, remember Saul that was persecuting the Christians, when he had an encounter with God, he turned a new leaf.

Because you requested I searched for him & saw the moniker thesixthsense with his supposed repentance thread. I decided to read the thread and look at his posts, guess what...nothing to corroborate his story, nothing even showed he was an atheist in NL or elsewhere prior to the thread.
Now am not saying that his story is a lie but the content was funny. Imagine a thread that supposed to be a life changing encounter of God by an atheist [what!! an atheist met god shocked] was more like a christian that lost faith in his idol only to come back later to the same idol willingly begging for forgiveness. Imagine undecided

The Saul you mentioned in our mythology book, didn't you see how his encounter with God was like? Now liken that to thesixthsense encounter with his god. Was there even an encounter? Read his thread and answer the question for yourself.

Now look at the supposed miracles he received after coming back to his god. They were:
-Joy of god
-Peace of jesus
-Love, free from sins, wisdom....bla bla bla

What the heck were those^^^ cheesy
Well yeah right they are the only things christians can claim without receiving a good rebuttal.

*By the way did you noticed that he prayed & prayed without receiving any answers (he was sincere enough to mention that) but kept consoling himself with the bible and deluding himself that god is the ultimate and he will never leave him again...Isn't that just awesome cheesy

The Job you talked about, when he went through his trials, wasn't he rewarded much more than he had in the beginning? I won't go on preaching, I respect your views, but when you encounter God YOURSELF, you will know that he is real.

Why must an all seeing and all knowing god toy with an innocent man's life? To what end? For his amusement?? I ponderrr...
Let's look at the highlights of the story shall we? Correct me where am wrong:
•God called a meeting (that's how they decide the affairs of man on this little planet grin)
• His sons gathered including his most beloved son, Satan, who he gave most powers to cool
•He started boasting about an innocent man who fears him [(perhaps to avoid the wrath of god not knowing that he is in for a looong thing)]
•Satan said it was because god blessed job and proffers a test on the man for an all knowing god to know whether job will curse & rebuke him.
•God accepted the wager. **NB: The two wagers from both meetings culminated in what we later know as the ultimate gamble on a man's life ever known till date.
• And the mighty hammer from god descended on job, for it was god's power & authority that was used to perpetuate the evil deeds. (So bad cry )
•Job suffered and prayed, no alleviation was coming forth and said nothing will make him rebuke god (just like thesixthsense pointed out in his thread that even if god doesn't answer his prayers, he will never err again). At least job was still thankful that he was alife.
•After all and all, he won the bet (he knew he will win of course after all, he's all knowing) showing his most beloved son that people are still fearful of him.

Is that all shocked Just to over blow his ego, an all knowing god subjected an innocent man to all those sufferings... I just love this god cheesy
* That reminds me Johnydon22 try and finish your untold story abeg grin

Personally, not a false testimony, but I have encountered God personally.

Oh you have encountered god personally? Abeg share & you might win a soul. Hope yours wasn't seeking out shadows and craving for attention to what is not even aware of your existence like that of our brother thesixthsense undecided
You just need that encounter brother

Am more like waiting for him to encounter me, and not seeking out shadows wink

3 Likes

Re: Why God Allows Bad Things To Happen To Good People by achorladey: 9:53pm On Sep 13, 2016
@Raphiemontella Because we read God made Pharaoh's heart hardened. Have you ever asked was Pharaoh himself willing to let the Israelites go despite all the trials Egyptians faced? God only used Pharaoh stubborn tendency to show his mightiness not a case of God making him hard hearted.
Re: Why God Allows Bad Things To Happen To Good People by raphieMontella: 10:43pm On Sep 13, 2016
achorladey:
@Raphiemontella Because we read God made Pharaoh's heart hardened. Have you ever asked was Pharaoh himself willing to let the Israelites go despite all the trials Egyptians faced? God only used Pharaoh stubborn tendency to show his mightiness not a case of God making him hard hearted.
did you even do what i said?
Read gen 15...god already ordained it to be so from pharaoh's birth...
He was a toy ...just for yahweh to flex his muscles...
Well like i said...its fiction..no evidence whatsoever of the exodus in reality
Re: Why God Allows Bad Things To Happen To Good People by felixomor: 4:53pm On Sep 16, 2016
hahn:

Jesuobu apparently does not read the bible undecided

Says the "biblical atheist" SMH

1 Like

Re: Why God Allows Bad Things To Happen To Good People by hahn(m): 5:00pm On Sep 16, 2016
felixomor:

Says the "biblical atheist" SMH

Jehovah is my guy na. He reveals things to me grin

For instance, your name is not in the book of life tongue

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ozubulu Villagers Gather In Front Of Attacked Church To Pray For The Dead.Photos / Apostle Suleman Kissing His Wife, Lizzy Suleman On His Birthday / Jehovah's Witnesses: Hundreds Of Child Sex Abuse Claims In The Religion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.