Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:35 AM

By What Means Would This Government Meet Your Expectations? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / By What Means Would This Government Meet Your Expectations? (790 Views)

Buhari To Nigerians: I've Met Your Expectations / I Have Lost Faith In This Government / Feyi Fawehinmi: I’m Sorry If I Convinced Anyone To Vote For This Government (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

By What Means Would This Government Meet Your Expectations? by maclatunji: 10:19am On Sep 10, 2016
jmichlins:
mate let it be known that I don't support any political party but made a choice between the two front running candidates in the last election. This government isn't doing nor performing up to standard but that doesn't mean that the last administration is free from the huge corrupt charges hanging around it. Jonathan with help of friends killed this nation but this administration shouldn't use that as excuse to perform below expectation

I am using this quote as a starting point.

1 Like

Re: By What Means Would This Government Meet Your Expectations? by jmichlins(m): 10:24am On Sep 10, 2016
maclatunji:

I am using this quote as a starting point.
starting point for what

1 Like

Re: By What Means Would This Government Meet Your Expectations? by JonSnow(m): 10:25am On Sep 10, 2016
jmichlins:
starting point for what

to try and justify their paymaster's stvpidity.

1 Like

Re: By What Means Would This Government Meet Your Expectations? by maclatunji: 1:20pm On Sep 10, 2016
jmichlins:
starting point for what

To define what your expectations are in real terms. You should be able to define the expectations that are not being met.

3 Likes

Re: By What Means Would This Government Meet Your Expectations? by mikolo80: 12:00am On Sep 11, 2016
Just by removing a GEJ LED PDP INCUMBENT. GOVT they have met my expectations
10GW AT least to be a nice bonus

1 Like 1 Share

Re: By What Means Would This Government Meet Your Expectations? by APCsupporter: 1:06am On Sep 11, 2016
Very good question. Even Obama and jesus put together cannot do anything to get this country out of this mess. I think Buhari is really trying sef cos the price of oil has crashed and militants are destroying pipelines but my guy is still managing to pay salaries. Their hero had to borrow to pay salaries even when the price of oil was high but none of them asked questions.

2 Likes

Re: By What Means Would This Government Meet Your Expectations? by BekeeBuAgbara: 1:19am On Sep 11, 2016
When Pa Buharia put things back at the stage he met them last year.

1 Like

Re: By What Means Would This Government Meet Your Expectations? by tit(f): 1:22am On Sep 11, 2016
doghari and osinbanjo should honorably resign and hand over to tinubu
Re: By What Means Would This Government Meet Your Expectations? by Ola17: 1:47am On Sep 11, 2016
Clear economic development/diversification roadmap. Foreign and local investors alike wouldn't want to put their money in an economy that is rife with policy summersault.

APCsupporter:
Very good question. Even Obama and jesus put together cannot do anything .
Seems you want the purpose of this thread to be defeated so early. Was the bold necessary?

1 Like

Re: By What Means Would This Government Meet Your Expectations? by MadamExcellency: 1:52am On Sep 11, 2016
Never compare Jonathan's economic policies to Buhari's none. Last administration was full of ideas and we had programmes meant to reposition both Nigeria and the youths (human capital, the greatest assets of any Nation that wants development) hence the corruption mantra we hear today were even specific emanating from only two major fronts viz-a-vis insurgency management and elections spending which is still endemic as at today.

Back to the topic, for a start, the government needs reducing the interest rate on borrowing for genuine businesses. No country in recession keeps a double digit interest rate.

3 Likes

Re: By What Means Would This Government Meet Your Expectations? by allthingsgood: 4:55am On Sep 11, 2016
Focus on innovation and education

Jail jonathan!

1 Like

Re: By What Means Would This Government Meet Your Expectations? by Standing5(m): 5:00am On Sep 11, 2016
MadamExcellency:
Never compare Jonathan's economic policies to Buhari's none. Last administration was full of ideas and we had programmes meant to reposition both Nigeria and the youths (human capital, the greatest assets of any Nation that wants development) hence the corruption mantra we hear today were even specific emanating from only two major fronts viz-a-vis insurgency management and elections spending which is still endemic as at today.
Back to the topic, for a start, the government needs reducing the interest rate on borrowing for genuine businesses. No country in recession keeps a double digit interest rate.
Can you state those policies please.

1 Like

Re: By What Means Would This Government Meet Your Expectations? by maclatunji: 11:04am On Sep 11, 2016
MadamExcellency:

Will you provide the free capital or be willing to adopt Islamic banking at 0 interest rates?

Interest rates under western banking is tied to the cost of capital. How is capital not going to be expensive when this is https://www.nairaland.com/3342827/patience-jonathan-sues-efcc-n200m what was happening practically everyday for 5 years under GEJ

2 Likes

Re: By What Means Would This Government Meet Your Expectations? by MadamExcellency: 1:54pm On Sep 11, 2016
maclatunji:

Will you provide the free capital or be willing to adopt Islamic banking at 0 interest rates?

Interest rates under western banking is tied to the cost of capital. How is capital not going to be expensive when this is https://www.nairaland.com/3342827/patience-jonathan-sues-efcc-n200m what was happening practically everyday for 5 years under GEJ

Yes, provided that it is purely business and moreover my start-up company is halal.

Can they finance a project of US$2 million payable in 7 years? If yes
I need to be linked up
Re: By What Means Would This Government Meet Your Expectations? by maclatunji: 6:37pm On Sep 11, 2016
MadamExcellency:

Yes, provided that it is purely business and moreover my start-up company is halal.

Can they finance a project of US$2 million payable in 7 years? If yes
I need to be linked up

Are you financing a war? grin

That is quite a lot of money in a recession. However, feel free to visit JAIZ Bank to see what options you have. Wish you the best with your business.
Re: By What Means Would This Government Meet Your Expectations? by ifyalways(f): 6:48pm On Sep 11, 2016
I'm not an Economist, they are.Infant they claim to be magicians, messiahs and messengers of change from God so they should FIX this country, no excuses.

All I want is for $100 to remain fixed everywhere ie interbank, black market, white market for 20,000 ngn.
Re: By What Means Would This Government Meet Your Expectations? by MadamExcellency: 8:03pm On Sep 11, 2016
maclatunji:

Are you financing a war? grin

That is quite a lot of money in a recession. However, feel free to visit JAIZ Bank to see what options you have. Wish you the best with your business.

It is an agriculture and allied products company and such amount is what is needed to break even and sustain competition. The commercial banks are demanding 25% interest rate to finance the project. The bank of agriculture is doing man know man hence I need alternative to beat depreciation of machinery and payback within the stipulated time frame.
Re: By What Means Would This Government Meet Your Expectations? by maclatunji: 2:27pm On Sep 13, 2016
ifyalways:
I'm not an Economist, they are.Infant they claim to be magicians, messiahs and messengers of change from God so they should FIX this country, no excuses.

All I want is for $100 to remain fixed everywhere ie interbank, black market, white market for 20,000 ngn.

Well, they have 4 years to deliver regardless of the problems, we will see how well this government does on all fronts in 2019 Godwilling.

(1) (Reply)

Opebi Ikeja: When It Rains It Pains / Buhari Has A New Name "Blaming Blamer" From Biafrans / Why We Emerged Best In 2016 NECO Results - Ekiti Govt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.