Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,328 members, 7,808,103 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:17 AM

Are These VIO Guys Doing Us More Harm Than Good? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Are These VIO Guys Doing Us More Harm Than Good? (10724 Views)

Breaking News: Governor Akinwumi Ambode Orders VIO Out Of Lagos Roads / 11 Things VIO (vehicle Inspection Officers) Will Check To Determine If Your Car / 6 Important Vehicle Documents Police, FRSC & VIO Will Always Ask You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are These VIO Guys Doing Us More Harm Than Good? by AutoJoshNG: 1:06pm On Sep 10, 2016
I was running late for an appointment yesterday morning and every microsecond was of essence. I made a u-turn at the old toll-gate to go into Alausa, Ikeja through Seven-up.

Lo and behold, there was traffic and the cause took me aback. It was a VIO check point in front of Seven-up gate and the officials had used up a whole lane, therefore, forcing all vehicles to maneuver through the other lane. Is this the same VIO that is meant to maintain sanity on our roads? Is this the same VIO that is meant to help prevent road accidents? Why do we keep doing this to our great nation?

See more pictures...

http://autojosh.com/are-these-vio-guys-doing-us-more-harm-than-good/

Cc
Lalasticlala
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are These VIO Guys Doing Us More Harm Than Good? by AutoJoshNG: 1:07pm On Sep 10, 2016

Re: Are These VIO Guys Doing Us More Harm Than Good? by Nobody: 1:33pm On Sep 10, 2016
So, how many lanes did you want them to use, Uncle Auto...?
www.nairaland.com/attachments/4219938_henrym_c066360_jpeg_jpegbf34193ddc66bab2878f2008cc1ac461

What exactly is/was their offence? angry

Why do we keep doing this to our GREAT NATION?
Lols, great just got a new definition. grin
Well, that's what you get when patriotism/nationalism is dead. No one feels like making the nation any better. The nation herself ain't loyal.

As for VIO, I don't know their mission/vision statement, so_ I can't answer those questions on their behalf. Feel free to ask them when next you pass Seven-up.
I heard they are usually up to no good, the ones in my neck of woods that call themselves MOT officers are bunch of mischievous red and black wearing beings, looking like amadioha's interns.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are These VIO Guys Doing Us More Harm Than Good? by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:22pm On Sep 10, 2016
they are ensuring other motorists are safe, they are on patrol and inspecting vehicle/papers. The little inconvenience should be endured.

[size=1pt]I hate vio dem too like 20k ticket[/size]

3 Likes

Re: Are These VIO Guys Doing Us More Harm Than Good? by sooperrescue(m): 10:02pm On Sep 11, 2016
Gazz, which papers? They are looking for the roadworthy certificate of a car which they never saw but certified that the vehicle is worthy to be on the road. How on earth can an agency issue roadworthy certificate to a vehicle that they never saw nor inspected? Until the regime of physical vehicle inspection is implemented, there will never be sanity on the road

20 Likes

Re: Are These VIO Guys Doing Us More Harm Than Good? by Thisis2raw(m): 6:48am On Sep 13, 2016
I really enjoy Nigerians mostly wen power is been accorded to them, they begin to act stupid

8 Likes

Re: Are These VIO Guys Doing Us More Harm Than Good? by Shakitibob0: 6:48am On Sep 13, 2016
Stop saying what you do not know-----just tell us you had fear because your papers are incomplete

6 Likes

Re: Are These VIO Guys Doing Us More Harm Than Good? by mescan(m): 6:49am On Sep 13, 2016
No comment
Re: Are These VIO Guys Doing Us More Harm Than Good? by herzern(m): 6:50am On Sep 13, 2016
VIO...

NPF....

FRSC.....

I think they should just lay down all its workers and recruits educated/trustworthy individuals....

4 Likes

Re: Are These VIO Guys Doing Us More Harm Than Good? by Turks: 6:50am On Sep 13, 2016
Answer this question first;

IS THE NIGERIAN POLICE TRULY YOUR FRIEND?

1 Like

Re: Are These VIO Guys Doing Us More Harm Than Good? by shiki(m): 6:51am On Sep 13, 2016
The worse of the VIO are the ones in calabar, they come out everyday with mobile court

Pls someone should EPP

4 Likes

Re: Are These VIO Guys Doing Us More Harm Than Good? by spartoo: 6:52am On Sep 13, 2016
I don't even understand why we need all of these officers. Are they really necessary or are we wasting money?

VIO will check your papers,
LASTMA will check your papers,
MOT will check your papers,
SOLDIERS will check your papers,
FRSC will check your papers,
our dear friend the POLICE will check your papers,

very soon LAWMA and AREA BOYS will start checking papers too

41 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Are These VIO Guys Doing Us More Harm Than Good? by Histrings08(m): 6:52am On Sep 13, 2016
Hmm.. They're just doing their job just like you're going to do urs....
Re: Are These VIO Guys Doing Us More Harm Than Good? by myners007: 6:54am On Sep 13, 2016
Who are VIO? are they paramilitary or security outfit or an offspring of FRSC?
Re: Are These VIO Guys Doing Us More Harm Than Good? by melodyirish(m): 6:54am On Sep 13, 2016
Hmmmmm

Re: Are These VIO Guys Doing Us More Harm Than Good? by englishmart(m): 6:54am On Sep 13, 2016
they do only harm.

2 Likes

Re: Are These VIO Guys Doing Us More Harm Than Good? by 2sureguy1(m): 6:56am On Sep 13, 2016
Nothing good comes from them, they're only enriching their pockets with dt hold up.
Re: Are These VIO Guys Doing Us More Harm Than Good? by JuanJO(m): 6:56am On Sep 13, 2016
ppppp
Re: Are These VIO Guys Doing Us More Harm Than Good? by liam93: 7:01am On Sep 13, 2016
tired of all the boring Bbm channels? embarassed follow Dr strange Diary of the lonely hearts http://www.pin.bbm.com/C003AC08A
Re: Are These VIO Guys Doing Us More Harm Than Good? by rman: 7:01am On Sep 13, 2016
There is absolutely no need to create this thread.

They didn't do you any harm. You didn't plan your time well.

Are u saying vio should take into consideration road users runnig late? How will they ascertain that?

A smart way to not run late is to leave early. Lagos roads are very unpredictable and several factors cause bottle necks that results in traffic gridlock.

You only find it convenient to blame VIO for your lateness. They did not do you any harm.

3 Likes

Re: Are These VIO Guys Doing Us More Harm Than Good? by ironheart(m): 7:04am On Sep 13, 2016
Vio in Lagos are more interested on getting money out of vulnerable motorist and big trucks. To be honest, there are thousands of yellow buses that are not roadworthy yet they will not impound them. Of late, there have been more injuries and death on lagos roads caused by these buses but they do not get stopped by VIO's.

I challenge a VIO once about this and he said the bus drivers are rough and they can get killed if they try to stop them. Now my question is? Who will enforce safety of lifes on the commercial buses?

4 Likes

Re: Are These VIO Guys Doing Us More Harm Than Good? by timpaker(m): 7:10am On Sep 13, 2016
Thank God they aren't dressed as bee bug. I dislike seeing them in that yellow and black sweater.

1 Like

Re: Are These VIO Guys Doing Us More Harm Than Good? by Nairadays: 7:11am On Sep 13, 2016
More harm to me, mostly because of poverty.
Re: Are These VIO Guys Doing Us More Harm Than Good? by jennyo: 7:15am On Sep 13, 2016
Their salaries are a total waste of tax payers money.
They will arrogantly stand in the middle of the road causing traffic. Stopping on nice looking Vehicles and ignoring all the rickety Vehicles they should inspect. I can't stand them.

2 Likes

Re: Are These VIO Guys Doing Us More Harm Than Good? by TessaJ: 7:17am On Sep 13, 2016
Turks:
Answer this question first;

IS THE NIGERIAN POLICE TRULY YOUR FRIEND?
You know the answer now.It is a capital NO NO NO.

2 Likes

Re: Are These VIO Guys Doing Us More Harm Than Good? by bestofd: 7:17am On Sep 13, 2016

2 Likes

Re: Are These VIO Guys Doing Us More Harm Than Good? by kaen1317: 7:18am On Sep 13, 2016
Doing more bad of course. Always harrassing motorist for one document the other in this dry buhari government. Doing more harm together with Road Safety

1 Like

Re: Are These VIO Guys Doing Us More Harm Than Good? by skup008(m): 7:21am On Sep 13, 2016
Yeye set of people in black and white uniform.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are These VIO Guys Doing Us More Harm Than Good? by Chumani(f): 7:31am On Sep 13, 2016
They are too callous, arrogant and stone-hearted. I can never forget my experience with them.

1 Like

Re: Are These VIO Guys Doing Us More Harm Than Good? by biafrasun: 7:33am On Sep 13, 2016
@op go and renew ur papers and be a patriotic citizen and stop been afraid of vio.they didn't even know that u were coming.
Re: Are These VIO Guys Doing Us More Harm Than Good? by eyeview: 7:34am On Sep 13, 2016
What value is vio bringing to the Nigerian motorists? They can be scrapped and no one will miss them kiss
Re: Are These VIO Guys Doing Us More Harm Than Good? by lonelydora: 7:44am On Sep 13, 2016
And again I say, Nigerians are the problem of Nigeria.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is Having A Car A Sign Of Prosperity? / 7 Ways To Identify A Lagos-based Danfo Driver / Photos: How To Drive A Manual Car 15 Steps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.