Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,646 members, 7,801,878 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:24 AM

THE PAINS OF LOVING A STAR [a story that touches the heart] - Literature (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / THE PAINS OF LOVING A STAR [a story that touches the heart] (168419 Views)

Story That Touches The Soul. / Life Of A Star (a Celebrity Story) / To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: THE PAINS OF LOVING A STAR [a story that touches the heart] by dammyshow22: 2:37pm On Jan 17, 2017
nice work.. thanks 4 kuming back.. I hv really missed d story
Re: THE PAINS OF LOVING A STAR [a story that touches the heart] by Missclare1(f): 6:57pm On Jan 18, 2017
abeg update nah
Re: THE PAINS OF LOVING A STAR [a story that touches the heart] by Onyenso100(m): 5:47pm On Jan 21, 2017
CHAPTER 32

I was surprised when I woke up and saw him. He was sitting by my side on the bed,leaning against me I guess trying to calm me from the bad dream I was having. hey is alright, calm down it's just a dream.he said. I once again heard his melodious voice I had come to miss so much. I just stared at him as those caring words kept falling from his mouth.this time around I had mixed feeling. A great part of me still loved and clamour for him but the other part was telling me to stay off him cause since he came into my life, my peace has gone on exile, my privacy is under scrotone, my education has become an abandoned project. worst of all my once bright future has turned gloomy. People once said that love is a beautiful thing but to me it has been suicidal.

ME: (I managed to speak in a small shaky voice) Francis what are you doing here.
FANCY: (he stared at me with a query eyes) am really sorry I wasn't there for you when you needed me the most. I only discovered that you were in this hospital yesterday after searching for a long time for me.
ME: (angry but didn't know if it was at him or this cruel bedridden life I now have. One could sense it in my voice) you were searching for me?
FANCY: yea. I went to your hostel twice to check on you but never met you, I tried calling your line it didn't go through. At first I thought you travelled home so I didn't think much of it. Not until school reopened last month and I couldn't find you then I started asking around that was when they told me everything that has happened, so I started searching everywhere for you. You wouldn't believe if I tell you the extent I went in searching for you.
ME: really?
FANCY: yeah.
ME: (I spoke sober look and voice) Francis I don't want US to be meeting again. Infact I want us to go back to when we never knew each other.
FANCY: ( he ignored me as if he didn't hear a thing I said) am so happy you are now safe, And getting better. So don't worry about you, I and this thing between us when you get better we will have that discussion.
ME: no after today I wouldn't want to see you .
FRANCIS: ( his facial countenance change) I know I wasn't there for you when you needed me the most cause it took me long and you so much pain for me to really know how much you meant to me . But I promise from here out if given another chance I make up for all my lackings and treat you the way even queen Elizabeth haven't been treated all her life.
MEsad I smiled as hot tears ran down my face. I knew he was trying to relief the atmospheric tension in the room with his joke.)I can't do this anymore. It too painful. I have lot so much and might keep losing if am with you. Please erase me from your life as I would try to go back to the lonely shy girl I was before I met you.
FANCY: do you think this is the easy way out .You think being in love is painful but once you have tried being alone you would know the difference. Am sorry I can't erase you from my life,there is nothing to erase cause you are my life itself. So all I ask is just a second chance to makeup all my wrongs.
ME: ( tears started dropping uncontrollably from my eyes as I watched his lips move and his melodious voice caress through me. But I had to fight this feelings I was feeling in my heart for reasons I couldn't even fathom) Francis I love you .Yeah I have never felt for any guy the way I feel when am next to you. It tears me inside out to be wanting for us to say our goodbyes almost as soon as I met and fell in love with you. But too much has already gone wrong with us just being friends. I can't, I just can't. Please leave now and never appear in front of me again.( He was about to open his mouth to say another thing but I cut him short of those words) Francis am struggling while saying this words so please don't make this harder for me than it has to be. Please let me go first.
FRANCIS: ( he got up and stood as we looked each other into the eyes. He was staring as if he was searching for reasons why I was doing what I was doing) if that is what you want . You have being through a lot so I understand why you want to stay away from me. I will leave right now but please do have a rethink. I love you and it is for real reminisce over this words till we met again. He got up and started leaving. When he got to the door he bumped on Victor who was rushing in with a bouquet of flowers in his hand. Seeing each other they exchanged a daring stare than fancy stared back to were i laid. I knew right there and then that a new war was budding and I have to caught this bud now it is still small cause knowing the personality of those two who live in an ocean of wealth it won't end well for them and for me and this miserable thing i called life that i have right now.

1 Like

Re: THE PAINS OF LOVING A STAR [a story that touches the heart] by shotunz(m): 7:10pm On Jan 21, 2017
nice story onyenso....buh ur updates are quite slow. ....plz make it regular
Re: THE PAINS OF LOVING A STAR [a story that touches the heart] by Onyenso100(m): 11:09pm On Jan 21, 2017
shotunz:
nice story onyenso....buh ur updates are quite slow. ....plz make it regular
okay I would try to update even it once a day just hang on
Re: THE PAINS OF LOVING A STAR [a story that touches the heart] by shotunz(m): 12:05am On Jan 22, 2017
Onyenso100:
okay I would try to update even it once a day just hang on
mk it twice a day.....biko
Re: THE PAINS OF LOVING A STAR [a story that touches the heart] by Ehmjay(m): 7:37am On Jan 22, 2017
Thrice a day wuld b prefarable..
Re: THE PAINS OF LOVING A STAR [a story that touches the heart] by Onyenso100(m): 9:40am On Jan 22, 2017
I go try make am twice a day.
Re: THE PAINS OF LOVING A STAR [a story that touches the heart] by Onyenso100(m): 3:19pm On Jan 23, 2017
CHAPTER 33
after Francis left, Victor came toward me smiling like a love drunk person but his eyes ganged up with his face to betray him. They were telling a different story. A story of a guy who is jealous.
He walked up to me, sat by the side of my bed smiled and then placed the flowers on the bed by side "thank you for making it through and staying alive " he said. I turned and looked into his eyes there i saw innocency and love . I wanted to say something but didn't know the words to say . Tears started rolling down my face again. what did I do to deserve being loved by the same guy who I had turned down a couple of time.

ME: (I finally spoke amidst the tears in my eyes) you have done what my own family couldn't do for me. I have nothing or no one, am a nobody, so how can I ever repay all this love and care you ha....
VICTOR: (place a finger on my lips) shii!!!, don't ever say that again. You are someone. Someone with a dream. And you have people, you Have your mum, you have Sarah and of course iam always here for you. You will always have me to look out for you. All I want as my pay is for you to recover first. There is no better payment for me than for you to get better, go back to school, study hard and graduate with a good results.
ME: once again thank you
VICTOR: (brought a handkerchief from his pocket and clean the tears off my face) there is another payment I want. And this time it is big a payment.And in this your always fibble nature it might be hard to pay up
ME: (let out a little laughter and then gave him an inquisitive look) what is it this time.
VICTOR: ( he laughed too as he took my palm in his fonding it affectionately ) I don't want to ever see tears in your eyes again. When you feel the urge to cry and throw a tadom just know you owl me not to cry anymore and fight it.
ME: I will try
VICTOR: no promise me.
ME: (I looked at him and once again smiled) ok I promise you I would cry no more ( I let out a little laughter again)
VICTOR: (raised my palm and kiss the back of it) okay why not be a good girl, ly down and get some good and quality bed rest you have talked enough. I want to go and see the doctor.

He got up and headed out, getting to the door he held the door handle, turned and opened it then turned back, looked at me and let out such a beautiful smile I never knew he had in him then left. Right there and then I knew I had a difficult decision to make. Who would it be, fancy who I had love and couldn't do without or victor who I have started developing deep feelings for. I have heard of the word" LOVE TRIANGLE" in the past but had laughed it off as something that is brewed out of foolishness and ignorance. From the look of things I have fallen into this big well of love triangle and if I don't handle it carefully and intelligently I might end up destroying my life or someone else's life and I wouldn't want either for the rest of my life. Judging from how victor normally jump into any of my problems I see him as someone who wouldn't let go easily at least not Without a big fight. And on the other side fancy never back down on a struggle for something. He has this possessive nature, love or no love, he would like to win me over just to add me like an award in his chains of awards as someone who can not be beaten. Only these thoughts occupied my head until the nurse came in to give me my five-hourly drugs. She gave me some injection on my arm and some pill to take. My eyes were darting about and steadily glancing towards the door.
NURSE: ( while removing the empty drip pack and it tube from my arm) husband, brother, or boyfriend?
ME: (looked at her) what? Oh he is my girlfriend's brother.
NURSE: (stared for a moment at me as if I was lying) really.
ME: yeah.
NURSE: the way he was worried and cared for you when you were first brought here I thought...
ME: (cut her short before she could say more) no he is not any of those you think to me. He is just naturally caring so be it anyone he would do the same. It just in his nature to be caring.
NURSE: I highly doubt that. I know am not an expect when it comes to relationships but when I see look I can tell. That guy more than love's you. ME: ( I laughed out a little) how can you tell, did you study psychology or sociology.
NURSE: no I didn't but I have been around a little so believe me I know the difference.

We both started laughing and then bang!!! The door flew opened and my face instantly turned from that of a laughter to soar. I wanted to shed tears when I remembered my promise to victor I fought it. All I did was stay still and looked at who entered.

2 Likes

Re: THE PAINS OF LOVING A STAR [a story that touches the heart] by mattyboy007(m): 10:57pm On Jan 23, 2017
Nyc one dude.. plz update more often

1 Like

Re: THE PAINS OF LOVING A STAR [a story that touches the heart] by Onyenso100(m): 6:45pm On Jan 29, 2017
my schedule is not what it use to be. it has become tighter than ever so that is why I don't update often. and for that am really sorry. but believe me when I say I must surely make it up to you guys just have the same faith you always have in me.

NEXT CHAPTER DROPPING SOON.!!
Re: THE PAINS OF LOVING A STAR [a story that touches the heart] by Twinkle004(f): 9:19pm On Jan 29, 2017
Onyenso100 u are finally back, welcome & hope u won't disappear again?
Re: THE PAINS OF LOVING A STAR [a story that touches the heart] by Onyenso100(m): 11:56pm On Jan 29, 2017
Twinkle004:
Onyenso100 u are finally back, welcome & hope u won't disappear again?
did I disappear b4
Re: THE PAINS OF LOVING A STAR [a story that touches the heart] by Twinkle004(f): 12:36pm On Jan 30, 2017
Onyenso100:
did I disappear b4
Yes na, no updates 4 a while
Re: THE PAINS OF LOVING A STAR [a story that touches the heart] by Missclare1(f): 1:51pm On Jan 30, 2017
your story is unique but your inconsistent updates is making people to lose interest in it.
Re: THE PAINS OF LOVING A STAR [a story that touches the heart] by Ralupresh(f): 6:53pm On Jan 30, 2017
Onyenso100:
my schedule is not what it use to be. it has become tighter than ever so that is why I don't update often. and for that am really sorry. but believe me when I say I must surely make it up to you guys just have the same faith you always have in me.

NEXT CHAPTER DROPPING SOON.!!

pls how soon is the soon
Re: THE PAINS OF LOVING A STAR [a story that touches the heart] by jejetee821(f): 10:30am On Feb 01, 2017
Ghost Mode Deactivated, Hope Dis Wont Be An Abandon Project Like Some Oda Stories... make i no mention dem. Running outta patience

1 Like

Re: THE PAINS OF LOVING A STAR [a story that touches the heart] by Onyenso100(m): 11:40pm On Feb 09, 2017
CHAPTER 34

I didn't know what to do, I wanted so much to jump up from this Godforsaken bed and hug her so tight hat she might suffocate. I have missed her so much But seeing her like this broke my heart. Knowing that she was always this hot temperament girl even through hard times she always display this carefree face. But now all I see are the pains she was experiencing but trying to hid with the smile she was flashing as she walked towards me. I opened my mouth to talk but only bubbles of air blocked my air pipe, all I could do was stare as she walked up to me and sat on a stool by my bed.

SARAH: is that a proper way to greet a sister you haven't seen in three good months.

I tried to force open my mouth and say something but the lips were inseparable. But a smile replaced the supposed speech. As if Sarah knew I was battling with what to say she still came to my recuse
SARAH: ( placed her hands on my arm) ease up girl am okay. No need to worry about me.

Immediately I ignore the pain and forced myself up and held her in an embrace. The tears I was trying so hard to hold back started falling but it was accompanied with laughter.
ME: I missed you.
SARAH: the next time you get kidnapped believe you are going to come back to met my dead body.
ME: (loosen my grip and let her go as i gave her this weird look ) God forbid! ! I would never loss you
SARAH: then just never get kidnapped again. Never no matter what you have to do to prevent it.
She kept blabbing and blabbing but I was no longer focusing on what she was saying. My eyes were becoming heavy and I started feeling dizzy. Gradually I started losing it and I laid back on the bed as sleep got the best of me. I guess the injection given to me not long ago had some kind of sleep drug in them. I tried to keep my eyes open as if Sarah might disappear from me if I close my eyes to sleep for even a second. But gradually her voice became deeper and further for my hearing as I finally lost it and fell into a deep sleep.

DOCTOR: you took forever to wake. But thank God you are repercurating faster than I even imagined.
ME: (I smiled as I stared at his young handsome face) thank Goes cause I can't wait to go home.
DOCTOR: (put down some tools he had been holding as he pressed down the in-need button which was by the top left hand side of my bed.) I guess you must be hungry. I will call the nurse to get you something.
ME: I am really famished and would really love to have something to eat.
VOICE: there wouldn't be any need for that your food supply agency has arrived.

We both turned to see victor who just walked in holding a nylon bag probably containing food. DOCTOR: guess I then just take my leave.
VICTOR: (shake hands with him) thanks for caring for her,I own you big time.
DOCTOR: (smiled) stop it we have been friends like forever it the least I can do. Besides she my patient.

He stared at me then victor smiled before leaving. I smiled as I stared at victor put down the nylon and brought out the take away plate with the inscription FANTASTIC MEALS AND CATERING SERVICES. He was becoming more and more of a darling everyday. It made wonder in the past why I have never seen this part of him. He opened the plate and put a spoon into it and brought it close to my bed. I lean up took the food with my left hand and tried to use the right to eat but a sharp pain re-informed of my injury. Immediately I groaned victor rushed and took the food plate from me.

VICTOR: don't stress your arm lets you tear open your wounds. I would feed you.
ME : (I felt shy) no don't I would try to eat by myself.

He ignored me as a spoonful of rice was already waiting in front of my mouth. I had no alternative than to open my mouth as he started feeding and petting me like a baby calling me all manner of pet names. While I was still chewing the food in my mouth, He took the television remote and on the tv. He put on CNN but after sometime he changed it to trendhit. Before long it was entertainment news, and the first news was how fans protested in front of LYRICAL MONSTER MUSIC building over fancy's cancellation of his local universities and polytechnic YOUTH WITHOUT LIMIT TOUR after a non refundable tickets had been sold out on the different venue of performance. Yet no news nor statement was released as to why. But without been told I knew why and it started making feel bad in a kind of way. Believe me when I tell you, It very difficult loving someone who's heart belongs to another Cause no matter how nice you treat and care for them they might only see you as friend and nothing more. Victor might have noticed the change in countenance so he switched off the tv and continued feeding me I outermost silence.

2 Likes

Re: THE PAINS OF LOVING A STAR [a story that touches the heart] by nanadeeva01(f): 3:48am On Feb 10, 2017
Nyc story keep it up

1 Like

Re: THE PAINS OF LOVING A STAR [a story that touches the heart] by dasilver20(f): 7:08pm On Feb 10, 2017
Nyc update but in nid of more coolNyc update but in nid of more
Re: THE PAINS OF LOVING A STAR [a story that touches the heart] by angelliza(f): 8:19pm On Feb 10, 2017
Please don't delay the Update again it will make us loose interest in d story if u don't update always
Re: THE PAINS OF LOVING A STAR [a story that touches the heart] by Ehmjay(m): 9:47pm On Feb 10, 2017
Ahbi we don dey forget d story exists
Re: THE PAINS OF LOVING A STAR [a story that touches the heart] by rosalieene(f): 6:34am On Feb 13, 2017
Missclare1:
Nice story,keep it rolling.This is my first time of commenting on nairaland.
you attended Ansu?
Re: THE PAINS OF LOVING A STAR [a story that touches the heart] by Missclare1(f): 6:40am On Feb 13, 2017
yes
Re: THE PAINS OF LOVING A STAR [a story that touches the heart] by dasilver20(f): 7:26pm On Feb 13, 2017
Onyenso100 u are simply awsome bt me i nid ya help o read my story crossroads and point out my mistakes thanks dear winkOnyenso100 u are simply awsome bt me i nid ya help o read my story crossroads and point out my mistakes thanks dear
Re: THE PAINS OF LOVING A STAR [a story that touches the heart] by Onyenso100(m): 9:20pm On Feb 17, 2017
dasilver20:
Onyenso100 u are simply awsome bt me i nid ya help o read my story crossroads and point out my mistakes thanks dear winkOnyenso100 u are simply awsome bt me i nid ya help o read my story crossroads and point out my mistakes thanks dear
ok let me go through it
Re: THE PAINS OF LOVING A STAR [a story that touches the heart] by orisunmi(f): 10:50pm On Feb 17, 2017
No update today again OK ooo
Re: THE PAINS OF LOVING A STAR [a story that touches the heart] by Onyenso100(m): 8:45am On Feb 18, 2017
orisunmi:
No update today again OK ooo
UPDATE VIGIL HOLDS TODAY!! three complete chapter updates today from 8pm to 5am you don't want to miss it
Re: THE PAINS OF LOVING A STAR [a story that touches the heart] by dasilver20(f): 2:37pm On Feb 18, 2017
Sure u can re write the lines thanks for helping me wit my story
Re: THE PAINS OF LOVING A STAR [a story that touches the heart] by dasilver20(f): 2:39pm On Feb 18, 2017
U are doing a great job more ink to ur pen
Re: THE PAINS OF LOVING A STAR [a story that touches the heart] by Olu317(m): 5:26pm On Feb 18, 2017
good write up
Re: THE PAINS OF LOVING A STAR [a story that touches the heart] by Onyenso100(m): 8:05pm On Feb 18, 2017
your hands make I go bring my bible on top tv come. today vigil no wan hear say anybody sleep

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (19) (Reply)

unHOLY MATRIMONY / Unplanned Love (imaginary Love Story) / Two Years To Thirty(short Story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.