Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,182 members, 7,807,585 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:47 PM

Mba Unilag Vs Mba Lbs - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Mba Unilag Vs Mba Lbs (5086 Views)

Law School Vs MBA / Tlc Lbs Leadership Conference: ''stand Up For You Dream'' / Please I Need Information About MBA (masters Of Business Administration) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mba Unilag Vs Mba Lbs by Dereformer(m): 1:48pm On Sep 10, 2016
Please, I need practical advice.

MBA obtained from Unilag and MBA obtained from Lagos Business School, which is more recognised and more marketable.

Initially what was in my mind was Msc accounting. But since Unilag doesn't run Msc accounting on weekends and Lasu doesn't offer msc accounting, I'm considering MBA. Hence my question above.

I have HND and Bsc, both in accounting and ACA.

Please your comments are welcome.
Re: Mba Unilag Vs Mba Lbs by thesicilian: 1:56pm On Sep 10, 2016
Don't even think it twice. Go for LBS straight, and don't look back. In LBS you have a team of seasoned, world renowned businessmen and scholars who lay more emphasis on practical knowledge and experience than theory, while unilag will only offer you the normal lackadaisical business as usual approach that characterises all government institutions in Nigeria. Not to talk of the emphasis on theoretical work and possibility of strikes and all.
But of course, you don't need to be told which is more expensive...

2 Likes

Re: Mba Unilag Vs Mba Lbs by Dereformer(m): 3:01pm On Sep 10, 2016
thesicilian past=49238942:
Don't even think it twice. Go for LBS straight, and don't look back. In LBS you have a team of seasoned, world renowned businessmen and scholars who lay more emphasis on practical knowledge and experience than theory, while unilag will only offer you the normal lackadaisical business as usual approach that characterises all government institutions in Nigeria. Not to talk of the emphasis on theoretical work and possibility of strikes and all.
But of course, you don't need to be told which is more expensive...

Thanks alot for your analysis.
In terms cost, how much is the estimate to complete the program in LBS and what is the duration?
Do they have weekend options?

Thanks in advance.
Re: Mba Unilag Vs Mba Lbs by thesicilian: 5:47pm On Sep 10, 2016
Dereformer:

Thanks alot for your analysis.
In terms cost, how much is the estimate to complete the program in LBS and what is the duration?
Do they have weekend options?

Thanks in advance.
It's an MBA, they'll most likely have weekend programs. Last time I checked the fees were about N4million total. But you can check their site for updates sha http://www.lbs.edu.ng/
Re: Mba Unilag Vs Mba Lbs by obiaguna(m): 12:27am On Sep 13, 2016
Lol OP.. How dare you compare Ijebu garri without sugar to Fried rice and chicken.

Well if you have the funds then go to LBS. It's the closest thing to whatever you can get abroad. It's quality, good value for money and you also get to have access to good networks and major industry players. An MBA from Unilag is a total waste and I wouldnt want anyone to waste their money. If you can't afford LBS then take another certification. There's CIMA, FRM, ACCA DipIFRS or even CFA. Since you are really keen on getting busy academically. What ever is worth doing is worth doing well my man.
Re: Mba Unilag Vs Mba Lbs by Dereformer(m): 6:07am On Sep 13, 2016
obiaguna:
Lol OP.. How dare you compare Ijebu garri without sugar to Fried rice and chicken.

Well if you have the funds then go to LBS. It's the closest thing to whatever you can get abroad. It's quality, good value for money and you also get to have access to good networks and major industry players. An MBA from Unilag is a total waste and I wouldnt want anyone to waste their money. If you can't afford LBS then take another certification. There's CIMA, FRM, ACCA DipIFRS or even CFA. Since you are really keen on getting busy academically. What ever is worth doing is worth doing well my man.

thanks a lot. I never knew cost of enrolling into lbs is very prohibitive.

I will think of what next to do.

I have been thinking of ACCA dip (Ifrs) since last year. I think i will go for that.

Thanks once again.
Re: Mba Unilag Vs Mba Lbs by obiaguna(m): 8:17am On Sep 13, 2016
Dereformer:

thanks a lot. I never knew cost of enrolling into lbs is very prohibitive.

I will think of what next to do.

I have been thinking of ACCA dip (Ifrs) since last year. I think i will go for that.

Thanks once again.

Lol @ prohibitive. No problem.
Re: Mba Unilag Vs Mba Lbs by mrfamous(m): 2:42pm On Jul 17, 2018
So the University of Ibadan now collaborates with Center for Enterprise Management and Research (at CEMAR Campus, Anthony, Lagos.) for its Executive MBA into the following specializations; Business Management, Entrepreneurship Management, Finance, Marketing, Human Resources Management and Public Sector Management.

The faculty members at the Anthony Campus are from the Lagos Business School (LBS)

Visit website on www.cemarng.org or info@cemarng.org

Admission ongoing.

Tuition is 1,800,000 payable in 4 installments over four semesters.

Call these numbers; 08027198913, 07035955464, 08162456323 for more details.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Army Form (short Service) Is It On Sale Now? / Personal And Business Travel Allowance (PTA/BTA). / 10 Tips Of Organizing Your office

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.