Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,339 members, 7,808,202 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:34 AM

Lai Mohammed Plagiarized ‘Change Begins With Me’ From Proposal Submitted To Him - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lai Mohammed Plagiarized ‘Change Begins With Me’ From Proposal Submitted To Him (27032 Views)

Dino Melaye Reacts To Petitions Submitted To INEC For His Recall / Mamman Daura Plagiarized Obama's Speech For Buhari - Sahara Reporters / Details Of The 2016 Budget Submitted To National Assembly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lai Mohammed Plagiarized ‘Change Begins With Me’ From Proposal Submitted To Him by Nobody: 4:39pm On Sep 10, 2016
‘Change Begins With Me’: Nigerian Writers Accuse Lai Mohammed Of Stealing Their Idea

Two young Nigerian writers, Akin Fadeyi and Omo Bazuaye have accused the Minister of Information, Alhaji Lai Mohammed of plagiarism and outright theft. They accused the minister of stealing the recently launched CHANGE BEGINS WITH ME concept from their work.

According to them, the concept was submitted to the Federal Government through the minister who later changed the name and proceeded to launch the programme without recourse to them. The prograelaborate ceremony during week presided over by President Muhammadu Buhari

Read the full statement by Omo Bazuaye below:

How FG Plagiarized Akin Fadeye’s Not In My Country

Launched it as Change Begins With Me

We received with utter shock and disbelief attempt by the Federal Government through its Ministry of Information and National Orientation to clone and plagiarize our work, “NOT IN MY COUNTRY”, in what it now calls “Change Begins With Me”.

Only a few days ago Nigeria celebrated the arrival of Mark Zuckerberg, the founder of Facebook into the country.

Zuckerberg developed something extraordinary and revolutionized the IT world.

He came to Nigeria looking for and to give courage to emerging stars.

I had written then that Nigeria has a “jungle fever” that allows it to always celebrate what is foreign as against the ingenuity of its own people.

While we rolled out the drums and even engaged in what Zuckerberg wore or ate in his brief stay in Nigeria; my attention shifted to Nigerians doing remarkable things yet ignored or abandoned.

There is the case of John Obaro who created the software for Treasury Single Account {TSA}. What did he get?

He received the biggest scorn of his life.

What I didn’t realize was that I could become the next victim until Thursday, the 8th of September, 2016 when I saw that the idea we dropped in the office of the honourable Minister of Information and National Orientation, Lai Mohammed; what seems a perfect replica of it was being launched by the Minister without the consent of the real originators.

We have evidence of our communications with the Minister prior to this day. We even have pictures of our meeting with him. He can’t deny it.

We implore him to just do the needful.

I know many would almost certainly defend anything under this government; the owner of this project is a lover of APC and an ardent admirer of President Buhari too.

It’s a shame this is happening and coming under a government one would have thought would do things differently.

As far back as 2006, Akin Fadeyi who was then the Head, Corporate Communications of MTS First Wireless where I worked stumbled on an idea.

One day Akin called me and said he wanted to “pick” my brain on something.

He was my immediate boss and we had come to be very fond of each other. I was learning fast under him and I guess he saw something in me I probably never knew was there.

But trust Akin to always have brilliant ideas. When he started talking I immediately knew it was something big.

It was a concept to re-engineer the minds of citizens away from the filth of moral decadence the country had fallen.

First, I consider it noble that such a young man could come up with such a selfless idea and be prepared to put his hard earned salary to drive it.

I was “wowed” and immediately wanted to be a part of what I instantly knew was big, something that could leave our both names on the sands of time.

But we needed a name for it so Akin invited me and another friend Ganiyu Olowu to the lagoon side of University of Lagos for some brainstorming sessions.

Between us, we came up with the name: NOT IN MY COUNTRY and decided to use the instruments of theatre or if you like drama to pass the message.

For 10 years, Akin held on to his idea, shopping for credible corporate organizations or development agencies who can partner with him.

Together with him, we spent those years in and out of locations shooting flicks; hiring professional actors like Tina Mba, the popular actor “Saka” and others.

It cost us money with Akin paying and footing most if not all of the bills. I have deliberately called names in my narration, names of people from whom anyone can easily verify.

Sometime in 2014, we had the honour of making presentation on it to Hussaini Abdu, the Country Director of Action Aid. I’m sure he can remember because it ma remember because it made a good impression on him.

We have also enjoyed tremendous support from Mr. Emeka Opara of Airtel Nigeria on this as well.

How could I have forgotten Simon Kolawole who lavishly gave NOT IN MY COUNTRY, a back page story in THISDAY NEWSPAPER and of course ace broadcaster, Gbenga Aruleba who graciously entertained Akin Fadeyi on his programme, Focus Nigeria for free and the entire management and staff of TVC who have given tremendous media coverage for this project.

Unfortunately, the period between 2006 and 2015 didn’t provide the right kind of atmosphere about a country and a society that was keen about fighting corruption.

So when in 2015 a no nonesense crusader of anti-corruption who was riding high on the change mantra; President Muhammadu Buhari came to power, I pulled a call to Akin telling him perhaps this was the hour we’ve been waiting for.

I had no iota of doubt in my mind that APC led by Buhari would instantly jump at it.

So we set to work, I took Akin to the Senior Special Adviser to the President(Media ), Garba Shehu…..he is a big mentor to me in the profession we practice.

He asked us to forward it in form of proposal to him which we did. Later Akin met with Mr. Femi Adesina on the same issue.

His advice took Akin to the Minister of Information and National Orientation, Lai Mohammed.

It was a fruitful meeting with the Minister requesting we changed the name to “Change Begins With Me”.

Akin went back to work re-shooting over 30 short films copies of what was sent to the Minister electronically.

E-mails come with time and dates and NEVER lie even when not acknowledged as being received.

That was sometime in December 2015 and we sent a reminder to him in June after NOT IN MY COUNTRY was officially launched in Lagos on the 3rd of May this year.

The only reason we named our concept NOT IN MY COUNTRY was because we didn’t want it associated with any particular government and their mantra.

We wanted a catchy phrase something neutral that Nigerians can own for themselves.

But as soon as the Minister had received the materials, we never ‘ heard anything again from him {Minister}.

It was a rude shock to us when on Thursday September 8 we saw the launch of what was an exact replica of what we had developed. The least we expected was for the Minister to partner or collaborate with us on this instead of leaving us in the cold.

We await his call as we call on all well meaning Nigerians to come to our rescue and #saveakinfadeyiproject.

http://leaders.ng/?p=7132

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lai Mohammed Plagiarized ‘Change Begins With Me’ From Proposal Submitted To Him by Brymo: 4:44pm On Sep 10, 2016
There are three types of lies -- lies, damn lies, and statistics.
Benjamin Disraeli

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lai Mohammed Plagiarized ‘Change Begins With Me’ From Proposal Submitted To Him by kinibigdeal(m): 4:44pm On Sep 10, 2016
What do you expect from them...they are so damn clueless that they can clone anything for public sympathy

105 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lai Mohammed Plagiarized ‘Change Begins With Me’ From Proposal Submitted To Him by Nobody: 4:59pm On Sep 10, 2016
There is the case of John Obaro who created the software
for Treasury Single Account {TSA}. What did he get?
He received the biggest scorn of his life.
What I didn’t realize was that I could become the next
victim until Thursday, the 8th of September, 2016 when I
saw that the idea we dropped in the office of the
honourable Minister of Information and National
Orientation, Lai Mohammed; what seems a perfect replica
of it was being launched by the Minister without the
consent of the real originators.

Oga wailing form has finished

109 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Lai Mohammed Plagiarized ‘Change Begins With Me’ From Proposal Submitted To Him by Ola17: 5:00pm On Sep 10, 2016
I always knew that Alhaji Lai is not just a notorious Lier but also a calamitous con artist aka Yahoo++ grin

139 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Lai Mohammed Plagiarized ‘Change Begins With Me’ From Proposal Submitted To Him by 3sexy: 5:19pm On Sep 10, 2016
so this admistration is not just dumb , clueless and senseless , they are also into theft , Ole, Oloriburuku cheesy

APC= lies
APC= Thieves
APC=Zomi3s
APC= Namanama

*clapping my hands and screaming out of the thread ...*

146 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Lai Mohammed Plagiarized ‘Change Begins With Me’ From Proposal Submitted To Him by dadebayo1(m): 5:31pm On Sep 10, 2016
Ola17:
I always knew that Alhaji Lai is not just a notorious Lier but also a calamitous con artist aka Yahoo++ grin

I was able to get one for him sir.. grin please kindly ask him to fill and submit it asap

104 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Lai Mohammed Plagiarized ‘Change Begins With Me’ From Proposal Submitted To Him by Evangdanyno2017(m): 5:35pm On Sep 10, 2016
My dr nt only u, we did somtin 4 our governor sent thru commisner 4 info. This man erase our nam and placed his nam as the owner of d idear. I used my semister sch fees 4 dat project, nt even a okobo was given aftr he used for governor. I kno God cannt fail and he rward evry man accordin 2 his/her works

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lai Mohammed Plagiarized ‘Change Begins With Me’ From Proposal Submitted To Him by Mekky2010: 5:44pm On Sep 10, 2016
From Liar Mohammed to Ole Mohammed..sad, really sad.

49 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lai Mohammed Plagiarized ‘Change Begins With Me’ From Proposal Submitted To Him by Nobody: 5:45pm On Sep 10, 2016
gringrin They are through with duplicating GEJ's budget and applied little modifications. now they are laying claims on the works of others without giving credits to them.

anyway, Everyone knew that the anachronistic certificateless cattle rearer wasn't capable of good leadership before the election, it was unfortunate that some voted for him out of irrational enmity against the peace loving, diplomatic and diligent GEJ.

88 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Lai Mohammed Plagiarized ‘Change Begins With Me’ From Proposal Submitted To Him by bennygreat1(m): 5:49pm On Sep 10, 2016
Hmmmm... Lai Mohammed...

APC and Copyright be like............

12 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed Plagiarized ‘Change Begins With Me’ From Proposal Submitted To Him by Nobody: 5:53pm On Sep 10, 2016
gringrin I hope Lalasticlala won't allow them to showcase Nairaland as part of their achievements also.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lai Mohammed Plagiarized ‘Change Begins With Me’ From Proposal Submitted To Him by cashreport: 5:57pm On Sep 10, 2016
Front page

Cc: Seun

Admin
Re: Lai Mohammed Plagiarized ‘Change Begins With Me’ From Proposal Submitted To Him by Proudlyngwa(m): 6:55pm On Sep 10, 2016
I don't know about their epistle.
But change begins with me, is a universal language.
Ever listened to Michael Jacksons ' man in the mirror '.
What am saying is the idea could have come from anywhere.
Yours could have been a catalyst for the initiative.
Next time though, save your work with reliable guilds before sending it to any editor,agency for collaboration.
What you went through is called being eaten by sharks in the underworld

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lai Mohammed Plagiarized ‘Change Begins With Me’ From Proposal Submitted To Him by biz9ja(m): 7:29pm On Sep 10, 2016

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lai Mohammed Plagiarized ‘Change Begins With Me’ From Proposal Submitted To Him by PrinceAbinibi: 7:32pm On Sep 10, 2016
very original!, unless the author can convince me otherwise, change begins with me? have they heard of the man called Ghandi by any chance? this is so universal by now, no one can claim monopoly on the idea that Nigerians should be better! Wow! Give that man a PhD for creativity.

3 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed Plagiarized ‘Change Begins With Me’ From Proposal Submitted To Him by chiedu7: 7:34pm On Sep 10, 2016

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lai Mohammed Plagiarized ‘Change Begins With Me’ From Proposal Submitted To Him by otitokoroleti: 7:35pm On Sep 10, 2016
APC na SCAM

LIE MOHAMMED IS A THIEF

7 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed Plagiarized ‘Change Begins With Me’ From Proposal Submitted To Him by williondg(m): 7:35pm On Sep 10, 2016
Re: Lai Mohammed Plagiarized ‘Change Begins With Me’ From Proposal Submitted To Him by Byko899(m): 7:35pm On Sep 10, 2016
when this government start denying all their campaign promises, that is when I know there is no sincerity in politics, they are all the same people

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lai Mohammed Plagiarized ‘Change Begins With Me’ From Proposal Submitted To Him by NairaMaster1(m): 7:36pm On Sep 10, 2016
Lai has nothing to offer except in Bihari regime.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lai Mohammed Plagiarized ‘Change Begins With Me’ From Proposal Submitted To Him by damola311: 7:37pm On Sep 10, 2016
They've added stealing people work to their lies?.... Dullarphors

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lai Mohammed Plagiarized ‘Change Begins With Me’ From Proposal Submitted To Him by NairaMaster1(m): 7:37pm On Sep 10, 2016
Byko899:
when this government start denying all their campaign promises, that is when I know there is no sincerity in politics, they are all the same people

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lai Mohammed Plagiarized ‘Change Begins With Me’ From Proposal Submitted To Him by kaen1317: 7:37pm On Sep 10, 2016
We have entered "One Chance" headed to an unknown destination

8 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed Plagiarized ‘Change Begins With Me’ From Proposal Submitted To Him by Collins0609(m): 7:37pm On Sep 10, 2016
Watching in HD coolWatching in HD live on AIT
Re: Lai Mohammed Plagiarized ‘Change Begins With Me’ From Proposal Submitted To Him by usbcable(m): 7:39pm On Sep 10, 2016
Evidence?

2 Likes

Re: Lai Mohammed Plagiarized ‘Change Begins With Me’ From Proposal Submitted To Him by Agriman(m): 7:40pm On Sep 10, 2016
Nawa oo
Re: Lai Mohammed Plagiarized ‘Change Begins With Me’ From Proposal Submitted To Him by eleojo23: 7:40pm On Sep 10, 2016
:-
Re: Lai Mohammed Plagiarized ‘Change Begins With Me’ From Proposal Submitted To Him by kaen1317: 7:40pm On Sep 10, 2016
From blaming Jonathan for everything to "change begins with me" what's the next excuse for your incompetence and cluelessnes

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lai Mohammed Plagiarized ‘Change Begins With Me’ From Proposal Submitted To Him by Decibel: 7:40pm On Sep 10, 2016
Lai Mohanned is a plagiarist- Akin Fadeye(Sept 2016) cheesy
If the allegation leveled against Lai Mohammed is indeed true , he risks seven years imprisonment without option of fine.
And he will make history as the first Minister in zoogerian government to be jailed for academic theft grin

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lai Mohammed Plagiarized ‘Change Begins With Me’ From Proposal Submitted To Him by Thisis2raw(m): 7:43pm On Sep 10, 2016
It's now getting clear

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Simon Achuba To Sue Yahaya Bello Over N819m Unpaid Salary, Allowances / Attahiru: Adamu Garba Berates Buhari, Osinbajo, Their Wives For Shunning Burial / Please Forgive Me, I Made Wrong Choice – Wike Begs Rivers People Over Fubara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.