Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,948 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:50 AM

I Thank God I Didn't Marry Her - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Thank God I Didn't Marry Her (56962 Views)

I Want To Marry Her, But I Am Having A Second Thought Because Of Her Mom / She Told Me A Very Dark Secret, Should I Still Marry Her? / 47-Year-Old Woman Runs Away 2 Weeks After Man Spent N950k To Marry Her (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Thank God I Didn't Marry Her by Revolva(m): 5:01pm On Sep 12, 2016
angry angry angry many girls have this mentality and many nigerian girls r suffering from being rude..n wiked..they are one bunch of senseless creature ...naija girls angry angry angry angry

3 Likes

Re: I Thank God I Didn't Marry Her by Batunphon(m): 5:02pm On Sep 12, 2016
I thank God for you bro. We should always pray and be mindful of whom we are committing ourselves with. It was good you discover the person she was in due time and made a hard decision to journey ahead for your suited rib. It well.
Re: I Thank God I Didn't Marry Her by Joe171(m): 5:02pm On Sep 12, 2016
*in Seriki's voice*
salary mi ni budget, omo ma lo ro nu si.
thunder fire any girl wey wan chop and never contributing.
pathetic girls, some of them cannot even assist you with advice or ideas.

1 Like

Re: I Thank God I Didn't Marry Her by NevetsIbot(m): 5:03pm On Sep 12, 2016
Boss13:

Well you better advise and monitor her strongly and the friends she has because it is very easy to convince ladies to fall as victims, these days. There are many men in Nigeria willingly to throw some cash around, only responsible girls can resist the temptation, especially those that don't watch keeping up with the Kardashians
Well... I have done my part and the rest is up to her. Ive been drumming this into her ears for years now, I with my elder sis.... ..... The ball is in her court
Re: I Thank God I Didn't Marry Her by Nobody: 5:04pm On Sep 12, 2016
Toks2008:

And what on earth will prevent you from making your own money? why date a guy "with the hope that he will make it" what if he never makes it?

It's high time ladies stop making this vague and lame comments about a guy leaving them if he makes it big..MAKE YOUR OWN MONEY TOO and stop that leech mindset.

No lady is doing a broke guy a favor by staying with him..if a lady wants to leave a broke guy abeg let her shush.

Bros no be me swear for una o.
E dey for Genesis, God Don swear say men go labour till una die. So free me a beg. Go out and work. We no go still carry our punishment take join una own.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Thank God I Didn't Marry Her by EdoBoy90(m): 5:05pm On Sep 12, 2016
I know the gold diggers ladies in the house will not comment here because they are all guilty.

Nemesis will caught with others.

Mr. Seun, tell those your boys not to ban me because if they do I will leave Nairaland for you.

6 Likes

Re: I Thank God I Didn't Marry Her by diva90: 5:05pm On Sep 12, 2016
Good for you
Re: I Thank God I Didn't Marry Her by vectoh(m): 5:07pm On Sep 12, 2016
apasino01:
Wetin concern us

Please i want to drop ma iphone5 32gig and get samsung note3. What can anyone tell me about this wrong move or right move
wetin concern us...
Re: I Thank God I Didn't Marry Her by Nobody: 5:07pm On Sep 12, 2016
We see them everyday. cool
We know they want money grin
They know we want sex wink
We give them money angry
They give us sex. undecided
But we camouflage it embarassed
With the title Girlfriend. lipsrsealed

It's an agreement
Not a relationship

Just business
No strings attached

13 Likes

Re: I Thank God I Didn't Marry Her by Lovelynature(m): 5:07pm On Sep 12, 2016
falconey:

people don't practice what they preach these days

Re: I Thank God I Didn't Marry Her by akeensbussy(m): 5:08pm On Sep 12, 2016
some lady are terrible...That is why I can joke with my wife for a second...This is a lady I met in Surulere, told her I leave at Sango Ota.

The day she came to visit me in a room and parlour with no Chair, TV, etc. just a bed in my room. I told her my dreams she believed me and gave me the chance to prove myself.

Today, we have made a lot of things happened in our lives. 2 lovely kids, Landed properties, 2 units of 3 bedrooms flats on different land. One at lintel, to be roof soon the other at foundation level and still counting.

I don't take her word for a joke for a seconds...before we started building our recent 3 bedrooms, I told her is high time with bought car, she said no that we should finish our house before anything car. U know what, I obeyed without blinking. she encourage me a lot especially when I lost my job.

Men cherished woman that has inner beauty, good advice and discipline. Not the one who fake everything...

May God guild you in choosing your future partner

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Thank God I Didn't Marry Her by queenfav(f): 5:09pm On Sep 12, 2016
Please most guys are worse money mongers than ladies now.When many are looking for a woman that would their bills.I am not supportive of lazy women,but men..try and work hard!I met a guy recently and he was like "i thank God u are working class o,u wont be disturbing me for money". Bottomline,he clearly wanted to enjoy d privileges of dating without picking up some small bills occasionally.My point is,who no like better thing?Men and women alike,learn to work for your own money to avoid insult.

6 Likes

Re: I Thank God I Didn't Marry Her by KevinDein: 5:11pm On Sep 12, 2016
akeensbussy:
some lady are terrible...That is why I can joke with my wife for a second...This is a lady I met in Surulere, told her I leave at Sango Ota.

The day she came to visit me in a room and parlour with no Chair, TV, etc. just a bed in my room. I told her my dreams she believed me and gave me the chance to prove myself.

Today, we have made a lot of things happened in our lives. 2 lovely kids, Landed properties, 2 units of 3 bedrooms flats on different land. One at lintel, to be roof soon the other at foundation level and still counting.

I don't take her word for a joke for a seconds...before we started building our recent 3 bedrooms, I told her is high time with bought car, she said no that we should finish our house before anything car. U know what, I obeyed without blinking. she encourage me a lot especially when I lost my job.

Men cherished woman that has inner beauty, good advice and discipline. Not the one who fake everything...

what a lucky man you are.

5 Likes

Re: I Thank God I Didn't Marry Her by EdoBoy90(m): 5:15pm On Sep 12, 2016
queenfav:
Please most guys are worse money mongers than ladies now.When many are looking for a woman that would their bills.I am not supportive of lazy women,but men..try and work hard!I met a guy recently and he was like "i thank God u are working class o,u wont be disturbing me for money". Bottomline,he clearly wanted to enjoy d privileges of dating without picking up some small bills occasionally.My point is,who no like better thing?Men and women alike,learn to work for your own money to avoid insult.
. ur kind out there are the worst. They have caused more harm to guys than d guys to they.

2 Likes

Re: I Thank God I Didn't Marry Her by odimbannamdi(m): 5:16pm On Sep 12, 2016
Re: I Thank God I Didn't Marry Her by beautiful232(f): 5:16pm On Sep 12, 2016
such women are everywhere bro
she will remain der na
she Want to always take but won't give nonsense lady
there is nothing as nice as a supporting wife
Re: I Thank God I Didn't Marry Her by zuto4u(m): 5:17pm On Sep 12, 2016
Wow! I can perceive wisdom. Thanks bro for your wonderful advice
bennyrazz:
women that are attracted to you cuz of the money will always leave you when the money is no more there. @op, thank God for you. Others have toiled on your path and have not returned from the journey but you conquered. You have laughed last. I use to tell guys, never use money to attract the woman you want to marry.
Re: I Thank God I Didn't Marry Her by golddust6000(m): 5:17pm On Sep 12, 2016
moderator u banned me for no reason? God is watching you in 3D. back to the post, for me, i have made of my mind not to date a nigerian girl anymore, i found out that most Nigerian girls are gold diggers. i have been to diff part of the world, dated diff african girls, none have given me headache of money wahala, and they are way prettier than naija girls.

5 Likes

Re: I Thank God I Didn't Marry Her by KevinDein: 5:19pm On Sep 12, 2016
queenfav:
what a whacked mentality.
Pray tell, what are the privileges of dating you are talking about in your post and is the man the only one enjoying those privileges?

You ladies should keep up with the whacked mentality. men are becoming smarter these days and I doubt any intelligent man with dignity will want to wife a woman who thinks that having sex with him is a privilege he needs to compensate her for.

Wtf

9 Likes

Re: I Thank God I Didn't Marry Her by lastpage: 5:19pm On Sep 12, 2016
jopretty:
Most ladies think of now and not later. Ladies, if he's true to you, loves you, wants you for keeps but earning low or close to nothing now, your duty is to encourage him, love him and always pray, pray, and pray some more. Thank God for you, Op dear.

Your post is very sensible but the bitter truth is that WE DONT LIVE IN A SENSIBLE WORLD!

Let us assume that the Lady does all the above "NOW",
Does that guarantee that they would be together TOMORROW?
Does that guarantee that the marriage would last more than a year or two?
Does that guarantee that he would not cheat or marry a second wife?
Does that guarantee that he would be alive in the next five years so she can "get a compensation" for all that sacrifice of the past?
Does that guarantee that she would not cheat on him later?

What l am driving at is that "What happens NOW is not a guarantee for what will happen in the future (LATER)

Since we are talking about MONEY/WEALTH and SECURITY on this topic (the idea of the @Op), l will restrict my arguments to that.

Like l said earlier, what you suggested are very, very good and shows you are a good lady but l will like to add that the bottom line is that No ONE should hinge their Life's happiness on another person or what the other person can provide for them.

If you must hinge your happiness on resources (Money), make sure you are able to provide it FOR YOURSELF.
Women should study hard like Men
Women should work hard and get a good job (not necessarily one that jeopardises their marital chances..... Bar-Lady! grin ).
Women should have the mindset of "providing for themselves", ...whatever your husband brings should be a PLUS.
Women should think about also "bringing to the table" in a marriage, not waiting for the husband on all things Money

While an ambitious are hardworking man is desirable (as that trait affects other aspects of his lifestyle) a man that respects you (I did not say one that is AFRAID!), loves you for "who you are and as you are", shares your goals and vision about life or at least you both are on the same plane as regards those things, one that does not worship money (desperadoes), believes-in, respects and fears God (not a religious fanatic or religious "Mugun" that needs his Pastor's permission to even make love to his wife, those ones are even worse! grin ) is what a woman needs.

Many a women have lost good potential spouses because they are "thinking of what the Man can do for them" and not "what they can do for themselves ....and then to the Man".

Just like Men, Women should "develop themselves" first, to the point where they can pay their way (but not using that to become arrogant to their Men).... then think about Marriage after.

Lastpage!
Re: I Thank God I Didn't Marry Her by Nobody: 5:19pm On Sep 12, 2016
akeensbussy:

Men cherished woman that has inner beauty, good advice and discipline
. Not the one who fake everything...

Oga speak for yourself.
The fact you appreciated her doesn't mean there are wives who are not living in regret after standing behind their husbands. Some men forget the pasts when they finally "arrive".Bless your home.

8 Likes

Re: I Thank God I Didn't Marry Her by Nobody: 5:22pm On Sep 12, 2016
OP maybe someone advice you to took the step or you yourself wise up early i congratulate you the best of life don,t you know sometime you need your brain to calculate everything is not about being smart i thank God for you girls no go kill us sha
Re: I Thank God I Didn't Marry Her by GossipHeart(m): 5:23pm On Sep 12, 2016
Is her name Uniqueness01 ??
That one is a big time Diamond digger

Spits

2 Likes

Re: I Thank God I Didn't Marry Her by Nobody: 5:24pm On Sep 12, 2016
jopretty:
Most ladies think of now and not later. Ladies, if he's true to you, loves you, wants you for keeps but earning low or close to nothing now, your duty is to encourage him, love him and always pray, pray, and pray some more. Thank God for you, Op dear.

99.9% of them grin
Re: I Thank God I Didn't Marry Her by lastpage: 5:25pm On Sep 12, 2016
queenfav:

It is not a must, that he must pick the Bills!

Why dont you pick it or dont you also enjoy the privilege of dating him?

This is exactly what l am talking about.

Women like you think dating a man is a privilege tot he man ONLY and he should pay for it by picking the Bills.

Get real and pay your own fare!

The Man in question was just happy that being a "working class girl", you will be willing to pick yoru own share of the Bill and not turn hom to an ATM....... but l guess he was wrong!
You still want to dig into his purse.
shocked shocked

Lastpage!

9 Likes

Re: I Thank God I Didn't Marry Her by Lovelynature(m): 5:25pm On Sep 12, 2016
akeensbussy:

Wow! This is so lovely. I pray to meet that kind of woman
Re: I Thank God I Didn't Marry Her by Mypeople2(m): 5:26pm On Sep 12, 2016
kennybabs1980:
Thank you brother, she remained unrepentant even till now. I thank God o.
I want to thank God for your life.So many of them is money money and money. Any lady that can not plan life with a guy or assist in making a guy a better person is trash. Op instead of celebrating with you,she began to ridicule you..TRASH!

1 Like

Re: I Thank God I Didn't Marry Her by amalder: 5:26pm On Sep 12, 2016
kennybabs1980:
I met Viola at the university, very beautiful young lady. I loved her so much but she was always asking for money from me even as a struggling student. I tried to dissuade her from the attitude but her chant of "you're not caring" will always rent the air at each occasion l tried to. Always very confident about herself. After NYSC, I secured a job where I earned 60k per month, she was in her final year then. I told her about the job and her response was "is it 60k job you're celebrating"? I made it clear to her that I won't continue the relationship, she smiled and went away.

She later sent a message to me in the night of that day saying "60k is not enough to marry me, good riddance to bad rubbish". Fast forward six years with a wonderful wife and two beautiful kids, I bumped into her in a mutual friend father's funeral yesterday in Abeokuta, she wasn't looking as beautiful as she used to be, I greeted and exchange pleasantries with her, she responded grudgingly at first but later came back to tell me that "you're looking like a real man now". I asked her what she meant which she didn't respond to.

I heard from a friend who followed me to Ife from Abeokuta while driving down to my base at Akure today that she actually separated from her husband because the guy lost his job in the bank in 2014. What an unrepentant money monger is this Viola lady? I haven't stopped thanking my God that I made a wise decision to leave her in 2009. I pray she learn on time.

I have an advise for young ladies and gentlemen in the house, ladies change your mindset about money issues if its wrong like Viola's. Young men, shine your eyes and work very hard to earn a respectable living, cheers.
sometimes I thank God for unanswered prayers
Re: I Thank God I Didn't Marry Her by bennyrazz: 5:27pm On Sep 12, 2016
zuto4u:
Wow! I can perceive wisdom. Thanks bro for your wonderful advice
u are welcome
Re: I Thank God I Didn't Marry Her by Nobody: 5:27pm On Sep 12, 2016
jopretty:

Spot on! U must d daughter of a gud mother!!!
Re: I Thank God I Didn't Marry Her by yommysure(m): 5:27pm On Sep 12, 2016
LynnPetra:

Exactly
If viola married a "Dangote" after dumping him, he won't be writing all that.

1 million gbosa! for you....

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

My Wife Doesn't Like Sex / This Is How Christmas Is Celebrated In Some Polygamous Homes / Mention The Year You Will Like To Get Married And At What Age

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.