Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,290 members, 7,807,985 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:27 AM

I Thank God I Didn't Marry Her - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Thank God I Didn't Marry Her (56971 Views)

I Want To Marry Her, But I Am Having A Second Thought Because Of Her Mom / She Told Me A Very Dark Secret, Should I Still Marry Her? / 47-Year-Old Woman Runs Away 2 Weeks After Man Spent N950k To Marry Her (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Thank God I Didn't Marry Her by chigoizie7(m): 5:29pm On Sep 12, 2016
I always pray to God so that I will never meet such ladies in life talk more of dating them
Re: I Thank God I Didn't Marry Her by Wryhder: 5:30pm On Sep 12, 2016
greatgod2012:

Besides, if they like money too much like that, why can't they work for their money and spend it the way they want instead of expecting their fellow human being to go work while they spend?

2 Likes

Re: I Thank God I Didn't Marry Her by Cityguy: 5:31pm On Sep 12, 2016
Thank God for you. However, it needs being corrected that she left you and not the other way round.
Re: I Thank God I Didn't Marry Her by Nobody: 5:31pm On Sep 12, 2016
queenfav:
Please most guys are worse money mongers than ladies now.When many are looking for a woman that would their bills.I am not supportive of lazy women,but men..try and work hard!I met a guy recently and he was like "i thank God u are working class o,u wont be disturbing me for money". Bottomline,he clearly wanted to enjoy d privileges of dating without picking up some small bills occasionally.My point is,who no like better thing?Men and women alike,learn to work for your own money to avoid insult.

No mind those lazy youths, we know them, very easy to call Niger girls hold diggers, yet women are in development centres learning one skill or the other. They are not like or fathers that worked and laboured under the sun to send them to school. It's just very few of them here are productive oooo, others na polythene bags, small breeze dey carry dem throwaway.

3 Likes

Re: I Thank God I Didn't Marry Her by yommysure(m): 5:32pm On Sep 12, 2016
kuchikau:
I hate girls dat mensturates. How can blood coming fron your BIG T0TO wet ur pants and skirt,yet u claim to be sophisticated. *Smells*

Why na bros,whenever I see this your post,I normally laugh like a mad man.abeg stop am bikoo....

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Thank God I Didn't Marry Her by Nobody: 5:35pm On Sep 12, 2016
queenfav:
Please most guys are worse money mongers than ladies now.When many are looking for a woman that would their bills.I am not supportive of lazy women,but men..try and work hard!I met a guy recently and he was like "i thank God u are working class o,u wont be disturbing me for money". Bottomline,he clearly wanted to enjoy d privileges of dating without picking up some small bills occasionally.My point is,who no like better thing?Men and women alike,learn to work for your own money to avoid insult.

No mind those lazy youths, we know them, very easy to call Niger girls hold diggers, yet women are in development centres learning one skill or the other. They are not like or fathers that worked and laboured under the sun to send them to school. It's just very few of them here are productive oooo, others na polythene bags, small breeze dey carry dem throwaway.

During this recession dem dey find free food we dem go chop for single ladies house. grin grin :
One naira sef, them no bring o.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Thank God I Didn't Marry Her by Nobody: 5:38pm On Sep 12, 2016
adedayoa2:
guys wey no get money when you see gals wey love you that way stick to her. Some broke guys even do shakara pass the ones wey no broke.
you talk just the way you look 'uglee'

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Thank God I Didn't Marry Her by ICAMETOWIN(m): 5:39pm On Sep 12, 2016
crackhaus:
Only Nigerians are capable of using the misfortune of others to do thanksgiving because we feel they deserve it, lol... gringrin
Such pathetic schadenfreude!!

1 Like

Re: I Thank God I Didn't Marry Her by EROMS38(m): 5:39pm On Sep 12, 2016
jopretty:
Most ladies think of now and not later. Ladies, if he's true to you, loves you, wants you for keeps but earning low or close to nothing now, your duty is to encourage him, love him and always pray, pray, and pray some more. Thank God for you, Op dear.
you are a wonderful woman I guess... women like u r difficult to come by in dis our badt country. Godbless you!
Re: I Thank God I Didn't Marry Her by Nobody: 5:43pm On Sep 12, 2016
With the way women are working hard this days, I don't expect some stupid comments on here. In fact wetin una won offer to women these days? Many of you can't change your boxers, na woman pant una won Kon change?
As men dey find work na so women dey find work. Several idiots here get mama we dey pound fufu sell take feed them.

Unu n'eri nsi!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Thank God I Didn't Marry Her by Nobody: 5:43pm On Sep 12, 2016
Taryur3:
I just remembered the one that told me she can't settle with me managing 23k job far back 2012....she gave a text message that she CNT continue with me,I pleaded things gonna change buh ask for how long will things change.her next picture on facebook shocked me.she happily uploaded her pics and one Edo guy...and tagged me lols.she wrote the man of my life.fastforward the following year...I left the country for one of the best country to make living in the world.am living large and so comfortable. I was in Nigeria 4months ago and coincidentally we met at one hospital in Lagos where I came to pick my friend that is a medical doc. She couldn't believe her eye when she saw me and a brand new Toyota car I drove in.we related a little bit and I told her this is the car I bought for my mum...she couldn't close her mouth as she opened it.am in a rush while I drove off.I dropped my no with her and she keep calling for hanging out till I traveled. She explained what she is passing tru but i cnt just help.To cut it short...she is still single and seriously searching now.To the ladies ....never u underate any man even your fellow gender.nobody knows tomorrow.
you should have still helped her, God brought you guys together again for a purpose to test you remember let no man he has stood let's he falls.

2 Likes

Re: I Thank God I Didn't Marry Her by AyoolaIgwe(m): 5:44pm On Sep 12, 2016
greatgod2012:
Many of those ladies that love money too much do not know the future. They usually use today to judge tomorrow, whereas, it's not supposed to be so.

@op, I'm happy for you that you knew what you wanted and follow your heart, if not so, she'll have made life so miserable for you due to her incessant demands of money and material things that you can hardly afford.

Besides, if they like money too much like that, why can't they work for their money and spend it the way they want instead of expecting their fellow human being to go work while they spend.

Yeye!

Op, go for Thanksgiving, I rejoice with you.
babe u get sense. i love ur comment. God go help us all make we no enter one chance of a life tym
Re: I Thank God I Didn't Marry Her by adedayoa2(f): 5:46pm On Sep 12, 2016
hatbricker:
you talk just the way you look 'uglee'
guess he is a broke ass tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Thank God I Didn't Marry Her by ngmgeek(m): 5:54pm On Sep 12, 2016
kennybabs1980:
I met Viola at the university, very beautiful young lady. I loved her so much but she was always asking for money from me even as a struggling student. I tried to dissuade her from the attitude but her chant of "you're not caring" will always rent the air at each occasion l tried to. Always very confident about herself. After NYSC, I secured a job where I earned 60k per month, she was in her final year then. I told her about the job and her response was "is it 60k job you're celebrating"? I made it clear to her that I won't continue the relationship, she smiled and went away.

She later sent a message to me in the night of that day saying "60k is not enough to marry me, good riddance to bad rubbish". Fast forward six years with a wonderful wife and two beautiful kids, I bumped into her in a mutual friend father's funeral yesterday in Abeokuta, she wasn't looking as beautiful as she used to be, I greeted and exchange pleasantries with her, she responded grudgingly at first but later came back to tell me that "you're looking like a real man now". I asked her what she meant which she didn't respond to.

I heard from a friend who followed me to Ife from Abeokuta while driving down to my base at Akure today that she actually separated from her husband because the guy lost his job in the bank in 2014. What an unrepentant money monger is this Viola lady? I haven't stopped thanking my God that I made a wise decision to leave her in 2009. I pray she learn on time.

I have an advise for young ladies and gentlemen in the house, ladies change your mindset about money issues if its wrong like Viola's. Young men, shine your eyes and work very hard to earn a respectable living, cheers.

I thank God for you bro! Some break ups can be a great motivational factor for some people. I can relate to your story.

1 Like

Re: I Thank God I Didn't Marry Her by AbusM(m): 5:57pm On Sep 12, 2016
Congratulations is in order for you brother. While some ladies think about now, some over emphasize the whole idea of marriage. I met Elizabeth while i was about to graduate in the University, a smart, pretty, intelligent and a stubborn girl. She was a virgin.. I wasnt into women either. I asked her out and she didnt give me a hearing. We were just there, not really friends and not enemies either. Her cousin happened to be my good friend who felt for me.. Fast forward, 6 years after i bumped into her on facebook, i wrote her and she responded with.. My long lost husband.. . As at then, i was newly commissioned as an officer with one of the paramilitary organizations. I had no relationship so i thought she might have had me in mind all along..we started chatting and we got calling again.. She was now a banker in abuja and still a virgin then and i traveled there to celebrate her birthday with her around this time that year (2010). I hooked a friend up in abuja and we were in the movement together. I did all a guy should do for an assumed to be-girlfriend and all.. .She had arranged a club party that night with her colleagues and we all went there, in the middle of it, we excused ourselves to talk.. I told her i was still down with her.she asked me series of questions like my plans, what the future holds and how i thought the relationship would work out.. It was like a job interview session. I gave all my graphs and she told me she doesnt think it would work out , but i figured it was because she feels i wasnt up to the standard then and i might not live up to being her dream man anytime soon.. .I returned to my base in lagos, a very sad man.. She was someone i really wished was mine.. I begged her cousin to help me talk to her to see reasons with me.. I begged her younger sister also to try to convince her.. Fast forward.. Her cousin advised me to stop hurting myself.. She also later updated me how she fell flat for a guy who did masters in the UK, and who helped her process a UK visa also.. And then jilted her .saying his mom didnt approve of their relationship. I felt for her but i had really moved on ever since the cousin advised me. Its again another 6 years after, to God's glory, I am married to a medical doctor is i would say is the best wife in the word.. We dont live in Nigeria anymore, I have properties here and there, i give to people and encourage people.. However its so sad that Elizabeth is yet to find the man she had a description of. She is 33 now. I pray God gives everyone wisdom to make the right decisions and have faith that tomorrow would be alright no matter how today looks like. Anyone can be great and up to standard. Marriage is not so difficult, infact there is not point focussing on the negative things in life. You need just the basics, faith, patience, supports and prayers. You cant be the judge to destiny. Only God knows everything!

11 Likes

Re: I Thank God I Didn't Marry Her by Nobody: 6:01pm On Sep 12, 2016
grin cheesy grin grin
This forum sef. Everybody with their stories grin grin
Nobody fit talk as them abandon their oldies wey follow them suffer cheesy grin cheesy

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Thank God I Didn't Marry Her by 3sexy: 6:02pm On Sep 12, 2016
95% of young girls these days are like that , when they almost expired , they will be forming humble !

Got married as a 200 L student to my hubby who was a fresh graduate , he had nothing , the only thing we had was love and faith ., but today God has blessed us beyond human imagination.

I don't know why girls keep running after rich guys as if it a crime for them to make money themselves .

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Thank God I Didn't Marry Her by nortcentrallord(m): 6:08pm On Sep 12, 2016
kennybabs1980:
I met Viola at the university, very beautiful young lady. I loved her so much but she was always asking for money from me even as a struggling student. I tried to dissuade her from the attitude but her chant of "you're not caring" will always rent the air at each occasion l tried to. Always very confident about herself. After NYSC, I secured a job where I earned 60k per month, she was in her final year then. I told her about the job and her response was "is it 60k job you're celebrating"? I made it clear to her that I won't continue the relationship, she smiled and went away.

She later sent a message to me in the night of that day saying "60k is not enough to marry me, good riddance to bad rubbish". Fast forward six years with a wonderful wife and two beautiful kids, I bumped into her in a mutual friend father's funeral yesterday in Abeokuta, she wasn't looking as beautiful as she used to be, I greeted and exchange pleasantries with her, she responded grudgingly at first but later came back to tell me that "you're looking like a real man now". I asked her what she meant which she didn't respond to.

I heard from a friend who followed me to Ife from Abeokuta while driving down to my base at Akure today that she actually separated from her husband because the guy lost his job in the bank in 2014. What an unrepentant money monger is this Viola lady? I haven't stopped thanking my God that I made a wise decision to leave her in 2009. I pray she learn on time.

I have an advise for young ladies and gentlemen in the house, ladies change your mindset about money issues if its wrong like Viola's. Young men, shine your eyes and work very hard to earn a respectable living, cheers.

Op your thread is inspiring but some will still fall to such.
Re: I Thank God I Didn't Marry Her by kushme: 6:11pm On Sep 12, 2016
Cathony:
her loss...
Thank God for ur life..but I pray she finds a good man too...
Bros, I no like this kind talk oh, "find which good man" so, the good man could suffer the same way the husband was used and dumped. I reject this selfish woman for any good and reasonable man out there. Let her change her way.

1 Like

Re: I Thank God I Didn't Marry Her by Nobody: 6:17pm On Sep 12, 2016
queenfav:

Look here woman, FYI , if you aren't working as a Lady, you are a liability and nothing more to everyone around you.

"he clearly wanted to enjoy d privileges of dating without picking up some small bills occasionally" So your dating him is to be paying some bills for you ? I'm guessing your definition of small bills is buying you a new iPhone 7 and a new Brazilian hair.

You are suppose to guide him in ways which he can invest & plan for both your future, Bible call women help mates, not Money suckers ! Chaii.

3 Likes

Re: I Thank God I Didn't Marry Her by raziboi(m): 6:18pm On Sep 12, 2016
jopretty:
Most ladies think of now and not later. Ladies, if he's true to you, loves you, wants you for keeps but earning low or close to nothing now, your duty is to encourage him, love him and always pray, pray, and pray some more. Thank God for you, Op dear.

your kinda lady..... are scarce!!!
Re: I Thank God I Didn't Marry Her by Fourwinds: 6:18pm On Sep 12, 2016
kennybabs1980:
Thank you brother, she remained unrepentant even till now. I thank God o.
She will definitely become ashawo in d quest to satisfy her greed
Re: I Thank God I Didn't Marry Her by ojuolu(m): 6:21pm On Sep 12, 2016
jopretty:
God bless you real good.
Re: I Thank God I Didn't Marry Her by Orikinla(m): 6:21pm On Sep 12, 2016
She is acting her name VIOLA! grin
Re: I Thank God I Didn't Marry Her by LuvU2: 6:26pm On Sep 12, 2016
adedayoa2:
guys wey no get money when you see gals wey love you that way stick to her. Some broke guys even do shakara pass the ones wey no broke.
True talk
Re: I Thank God I Didn't Marry Her by Nobody: 6:28pm On Sep 12, 2016
A song for her type:
U think say d world dey revolve around ur bum bum U think say d world dey revolve around ur bum bum U think say d world dey revolve around ur fine face
Holl up,Holl up,Holl up :-D

1 Like

Re: I Thank God I Didn't Marry Her by chiboy55(m): 6:30pm On Sep 12, 2016
just they thank ur god say these girl no send u bark to village
Re: I Thank God I Didn't Marry Her by Nobody: 6:35pm On Sep 12, 2016
thank God for your life.

For both guys and ladies
never underestimate anybody, train yourself to see good in people until they give u reason not to.
Re: I Thank God I Didn't Marry Her by Boss13: 6:36pm On Sep 12, 2016
queenfav:

Excuse me, please!!! Why should he pick your bills? It is a relationship - DATING that is the name and NOT A TRANSACTION. He is just a friend and not your father. Please get your priority straight. He is not your ticket to get out of poverty or sort out mundane bills, is it your responsibility to pay your bills because you incur them or will enjoy the benefits. Good for you that you work - SO SORT YOUR BILLS. Do you ask your female friends or siblings to sort your bills and you are demanding for it? No, you don't you humbly request and if they feel like it, they would assist and even your father, you still ask humbly, despite the fact that you are still his responsibility.

So why would you want to bother a young man who is still sorting himself out and you are arrogant about it. I shake my head. Please get yourself some exposure and understand what dating is all about. I think you have lost the main context of an intimate relationship, it is one enjoyed by both parties involved and not where one seeks to get paid for opening her legs.

3 Likes

Re: I Thank God I Didn't Marry Her by Boss13: 6:41pm On Sep 12, 2016
3sexy:
95% of young girls these days are like that , when they almost expired , they will be forming humble !

Got married as a 200 L student to my hubby who was a fresh graduate , he had nothing , the only thing we had was love and faith ., but today God has blessed us beyond human imagination.

I don't know why girls keep running after rich guys as if it a crime for them to make money themselves .

At the bolded, how many young guys are rich? Let's be honest about it. A young man of 25 - 30 is still in the planning phase. They are going after married men, who are willing to spend. Let's call a spade a spade.

2 Likes

Re: I Thank God I Didn't Marry Her by Prince16: 6:41pm On Sep 12, 2016
bennyrazz:
women that are attracted to you cuz of the money will always leave you when the money is no more there. @op, thank God for you. Others have toiled on your path and have not returned from the journey but you conquered. You have laughed last. I use to tell guys, never use money to attract the woman you want to marry.
Gbam @ d bolded!

2 Likes

Re: I Thank God I Didn't Marry Her by JuanDeDios: 6:41pm On Sep 12, 2016
gidjah:
You should now be the 1 to tell her;Good riddance to a bad rubbish'! !!you now laughed last. The lady I was supposed to go to the Altar with did worse brother, I was there for her to write her waec, necco (had to dress like a lady student to enter the hall during the mathematics and English language then),got her through computer school, paid her bills got her nice things (was a sec school teacher then) , but immediately sister got a job with an oil firm in the north she started acting up against me!yours truly became a poor ordinary school teacher! Big big guns started running after her with money she had never seen in her generation. I got to Abuja for a better life and started settling down only to come to the north to propose to her. ....hahahaha...come see gobe!! I became a washing sponge in front of my own once adorable princess, she kicked me out ..iI knelt down in a public Gare market. .she left me there .....fast forward till date after a pretty 7yr old daughter. From a more heart pretty damsel in my life...she is yet to get married .....i weep for her daily because I heavenly loved her ...but she had her own canoe to paddle ......such is life my brother people van be anything. .just tag along and let God be the one to guide you. Once again thank God for you.
Touching story

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

I Just Bought 12.5kg Gas At 9,250 Naira & This Happened / Photo Of Man Kissing His Wife & Their Kids Trying To Stop Him / My Wife Doesn't Like Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.