Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,848 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:23 AM

Religion Makes You Stoopid. I Realise That Now. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religion Makes You Stoopid. I Realise That Now. (4506 Views)

What Gospel Songs Makes You Cry? / Religious People Are Stoopid? / Do You Realise That We Don't Really Exist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Religion Makes You Stoopid. I Realise That Now. by PastorAIO: 10:18pm On Oct 07, 2009
all this xtian versus moslem nonsense is getting very tiring now.

If it keeps up like this I'll probably just pack my bags and go to another nija forum.

It's tedious and boring and i do not believe that there are people that live such a pointless existence that all they have to contribute to a forum on religious discussions is a moslem/christian antagonism that is not even conducted rationally.

Maybe the atheists are right after all. Religion does corrode the brain. At least the type of religion that Nairalanders practice.
Re: Religion Makes You Stoopid. I Realise That Now. by Chrisbenogor(m): 10:30pm On Oct 07, 2009
That and all the arguments for and against the existence of God really tiring this section is officially boring!!!
Re: Religion Makes You Stoopid. I Realise That Now. by banom(m): 10:31pm On Oct 07, 2009
Pastor AIO:

If it keeps up like this I'll probably just pack my bags and go to another nija forum.

It's tedious and boring and i do not believe that there are people that live such a pointless existence that all they have to contribute to  a forum on religious discussions is a moslem/christian antagonism that is not even conducted rationally.

Maybe the atheists are right after all.  Religion does corrode the brain.  At least the type of religion that Nairalanders practice.  

Haahahaha,
May be you should try this forum and social network www.naijahotsingles.com , the golden rule in the forum is if you must insult somebody, go to insult board and spit all you can there. that is insult official permmited.
Re: Religion Makes You Stoopid. I Realise That Now. by Abuzola(m): 10:33pm On Oct 07, 2009
Pastor saying all this for that matter, maybe you cling to christianity without knowing the fundamental principle, how can you even think the atheist will be right
Re: Religion Makes You Stoopid. I Realise That Now. by dgreatrock(m): 10:40pm On Oct 07, 2009
Pastor AIO:

It's tedious and boring and i do not believe that there are people that live such a pointless existence that all they have to contribute to a forum on religious discussions is a moslem/christian antagonism that is not even conducted rationally.

Maybe the atheists are right after all. Religion does corrode the brain. At least the type of religion that Nairalanders practice.

General Overseer Pastor AIO
If you are confused i wonder what your members should say.

It is a shame , you know!
Re: Religion Makes You Stoopid. I Realise That Now. by posakosa(m): 10:42pm On Oct 07, 2009
@ OP I concur. Often times, people make conclusive decisions about their religion on experiences/encounters and until this happens you cannot force someone in line with what you think or believe.
Re: Religion Makes You Stoopid. I Realise That Now. by dgreatrock(m): 10:53pm On Oct 07, 2009
Besides you have given the likes of abuzola, banom, tudor, atheist, ogaga4jesus enough excuse not to repent
Re: Religion Makes You Stoopid. I Realise That Now. by manmustwac(m): 10:55pm On Oct 07, 2009
my religion is better than your religion my god is the real god and your god is the fake god

Since it is inconceivable that all religions can be right, the most reasonable conclusion is that they are all wrong.

Christopher Hutchens
Re: Religion Makes You Stoopid. I Realise That Now. by dgreatrock(m): 10:58pm On Oct 07, 2009
Blah! Blah!! Blah!!!

You are one of them, jor!
Re: Religion Makes You Stoopid. I Realise That Now. by banom(m): 11:04pm On Oct 07, 2009
dgreatrock:

Blah! Blah!! Blah!!!

You are one of them, jor!

Are laughing at my Hon mod like that ?
Re: Religion Makes You Stoopid. I Realise That Now. by dgreatrock(m): 11:26pm On Oct 07, 2009
Why not angry
He is f***K confused!
Re: Religion Makes You Stoopid. I Realise That Now. by banom(m): 11:28pm On Oct 07, 2009
dgreatrock:

Why not angry
He is f***K confused!

I am just waking up from sleep where i saw you got banned in a dream.
Re: Religion Makes You Stoopid. I Realise That Now. by dgreatrock(m): 11:36pm On Oct 07, 2009
I send you back to that evil dream by fire by force, i bind you and that evil dream tongue
Re: Religion Makes You Stoopid. I Realise That Now. by dgreatrock(m): 11:39pm On Oct 07, 2009
Besides, what kind of dream was that, when did you post in this thread that you are now dreaming?

Bad intentions produces bad dreams.
thank God you are not a MOD, you for don ban me!
Re: Religion Makes You Stoopid. I Realise That Now. by banom(m): 11:42pm On Oct 07, 2009
If i am a mod, this forum would have been a lot more better, trust my managerial know how. cool shocked cool
Re: Religion Makes You Stoopid. I Realise That Now. by dgreatrock(m): 11:45pm On Oct 07, 2009
HI HA HA Ho
MOD my keypad!

you simply kill the forum embarassed
Re: Religion Makes You Stoopid. I Realise That Now. by Ogaga4Luv(m): 12:00am On Oct 08, 2009
[size=13pt]huh. . . ? did he just mention "Repent". . . mmm pretty funny though.The man who goes through life with an uncertain doctrine not knowing what he believes, what a poor, powerless creature he is! He goes around through the world as a man goes down through the street with a poor, wounded arm, forever dodging people he meets on the street for fear they may touch him. . . .Thats what you religious people are like, most especially you christians. sad
[/size]
dgreatrock:

Besides you have given the likes of abuzola, banom, tudor, atheist, ogaga4Jesus Satan enough excuse not to repent
Re: Religion Makes You Stoopid. I Realise That Now. by banom(m): 12:42am On Oct 08, 2009
@ Ogaga4luv
I was having a chart with you a @ www.naijahotsingles.com, can we continue the chart there ?
Re: Religion Makes You Stoopid. I Realise That Now. by Ogaga4Luv(m): 1:13am On Oct 08, 2009
[size=13pt]O Really. . . .that was you!! shocked , alright then[/size]
Re: Religion Makes You Stoopid. I Realise That Now. by Ogaga4Luv(m): 1:19am On Oct 08, 2009
[size=13pt]Banom dear i try to be active there but i dont find it interesting after i keep experiencing one failure to another in just 1 click sad. maybe the fault is not from my saver. . . undecided[/size]
Re: Religion Makes You Stoopid. I Realise That Now. by banom(m): 1:37am On Oct 08, 2009
Ogaga4Luv:

[size=13pt]Banom dear i try to be active there but i dont find it interesting after i keep experiencing one failure to another in just 1 click sad. maybe the fault is not from my saver. . . undecided[/size]

that was too bad, try downloading opera as suggested on the welcome page.
Re: Religion Makes You Stoopid. I Realise That Now. by Ogaga4Luv(m): 1:56am On Oct 08, 2009
[size=13pt]i've got Opera and Firefox ,but still i experience the same thing. i sugest the fault is from the site. . . embarassed[/size]
Re: Religion Makes You Stoopid. I Realise That Now. by sexyLeamon(f): 7:35am On Oct 08, 2009
i don't think it's very intelligent to speak in generalizations, applying one central idea - religion - to multitudes of people that may follow diverse teachings and belong to diverse cultures. if someone really believes that religion makes people stupid, they are stereotyping to a degree that is stupid in and of itself.
Re: Religion Makes You Stoopid. I Realise That Now. by manmustwac(m): 10:06am On Oct 08, 2009
The christian fundamentalists will go over to the islamic section and try to prove them that thier god is the real god and that thier islamic god is the fake god. The Islamic fundamentalists will come over to the christian section and try to prove that thier god is the real god and that the christian god is the fake god. They can all see the faults and inconsistencies in each others relgions but not thier own. Its only us athiests who can see the faults and inconsistencies in both religions.
Re: Religion Makes You Stoopid. I Realise That Now. by manmustwac(m): 10:09am On Oct 08, 2009
Atheism is the voice of a few intelligent people

-Voltaire
Re: Religion Makes You Stoopid. I Realise That Now. by Nobody: 10:20am On Oct 08, 2009
Christians should have a seperate board for wholesome christian discussions with a CHRISTIAN MODERATOR.
Re: Religion Makes You Stoopid. I Realise That Now. by Nobody: 10:31am On Oct 08, 2009
Manmustwac just told us he doesnt give a shit about the xtian/islam God struggle. Guess he is enjoying the Jesus bashing.
Re: Religion Makes You Stoopid. I Realise That Now. by Ogaga4Luv(m): 10:34am On Oct 08, 2009
[size=13pt]Likewise me. . . We are few but have great heritage in wisdom, hence we are Free thinkers. cheesy[/size]
babaearly:

Manmustwac just told us he doesnt give a shit about the xtian/islam God struggle. Guess he is enjoying the Jesus bashing.

Re: Religion Makes You Stoopid. I Realise That Now. by jagunlabi(m): 12:33pm On Oct 08, 2009
Religion is a form of mind prison that gives it's victim a tunnel vision of reality. Can such a state be called "a state of stupidity"? Perhaps.What you believe,you perceive. If you have a golf ball size awareness,you will get a golf ball size perception of reality and that will really suit your mind jailers.
Re: Religion Makes You Stoopid. I Realise That Now. by Nobody: 12:42pm On Oct 08, 2009
@abuzola,pastor aio is not a xtian o,he is an ifa follower
Re: Religion Makes You Stoopid. I Realise That Now. by GEW: 12:43pm On Oct 08, 2009
Pastor AIO:

It's tedious and boring and i do not believe that there are people that live such a pointless existence that all they have to contribute to  a forum on religious discussions is a moslem/christian antagonism that is not even conducted rationally.

Maybe the atheists are right after all.  Religion does corrode the brain.  At least the type of religion that Nairalanders practice.  
 FUNNY REV. U BE BABALAWO PASTOR.
Abuzola:

Pastor saying all this for that matter, maybe you cling to christianity without knowing the fundamental principle, how can you even think the atheist will be right
TRUST U NOT TO MISS A BAIT LIKE THIS
manmustwac:

The christian fundamentalists will go over to the islamic section and try to prove them that thier god is the real god and that thier islamic god is the fake god. The Islamic fundamentalists will come over to the christian section and try to prove that thier god is the real god and that the christian god is the fake god. They can all see the faults and inconsistencies in each others relgions but not thier own. Its only us athiests who can see the faults and inconsistencies in both religions.

MAN MUST WACK, NO WORY NA YOUR BELLE BE YOUR GOD ABI?
babaearly:

Christians should have a seperate board for wholesome christian discussions with a CHRISTIAN MODERATOR.
 VERY SENSIBLE SUGGESTION.  YOU WONDER WHY OGA SEUN HAVE NOT DONE THIS
Re: Religion Makes You Stoopid. I Realise That Now. by PastorAIO: 2:07pm On Oct 08, 2009
posakosa:

@ OP I concur. Often times, people make conclusive decisions about their religion on experiences/encounters and until this happens you cannot force someone in line with what you think or believe

well, unless you are holding a gun to their head. This is a tried and tested method that has proved quite effective over the centuries.

dgreatrock:

Besides you have given the likes of abuzola, banom, tudor, atheist, ogaga4jesus enough excuse not to repent

Repent from what? Abuzola is their master, he sets the standard. From what I can tell banom is just having fun ridiculing certain types. I've had more interesting and enlightening discussions with atheists on this forum than I've had with so called christians. No, I don't want them to repent away from making intelligent conversation.

sexyLeamon:

i don't think it's very intelligent to speak in generalizations, applying one central idea - religion - to multitudes of people that may follow diverse teachings and belong to diverse cultures. if someone really believes that religion makes people stupid, they are stereotyping to a degree that is stupid in and of itself.

The connection between intelligence and the ability to make generalization is another topic entirely that I would love to take up with you on another thread. But as regards this thread you should notice that I further specified at the end of the OP when I said, "At least the kind of religion that Nairalanders practice".

manmustwac:

Now, what is the motivation that pushes people to act like that. Personally I've noted in my life that when somebody gets up from where he is to go and cause trouble somewhere else it is due to some form of Malaise that he is experiencing. Most practitioners of these religions behaving like this are suffering from a terrible malaise. What exactly is the nature of this malaise? I suspect it is actually an inner struggle to silence, not just contrary opinions of others but, more crucially, doubting voices and intimation within themselves.

babaearly:

I concur

uplawal:

@abuzola,pastor aio is not a xtian o,he is an ifa follower

Are you the one that initiated me in Ifa? How do you know?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Testimony On The Celestial Church Of Christ / What Has Atheism Contributed To Humanity? / Job 22:28: Did God Tell Us To Decree And Declare When We Pray?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.