Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,898 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:28 AM

Man absconds with Ex-wife’s Newborn Baby To Negotiate Dowry Refund (photo) - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man absconds with Ex-wife’s Newborn Baby To Negotiate Dowry Refund (photo) (26768 Views)

Stephanie Otobo's Sister Accused Of Duping Man, Absconds With His $1300 (Photos) / Driver Absconds With Brown Acura Day After Resuming Work At Park View (pic) / Taxi Driver Absconds With Passenger’s N1.8m In Abuja, Arrested - Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man absconds with Ex-wife’s Newborn Baby To Negotiate Dowry Refund (photo) by Nobody: 10:27am On Sep 11, 2016
Strange things happening everywhere.
Re: Man absconds with Ex-wife’s Newborn Baby To Negotiate Dowry Refund (photo) by pheyimen: 10:44am On Sep 11, 2016
Hearing bovi,akparoro & reading nairaland comments, i dnt knw d funniest
Re: Man absconds with Ex-wife’s Newborn Baby To Negotiate Dowry Refund (photo) by SuperBlack: 11:27am On Sep 11, 2016
RadicallyBlunt:
I know some people will come here and blame buhari. I don't know how they correlate.
I blame Buhari. Because this man was able to pay 40,000 during GEJ's tym just to marry this lady. And because of the hard tym facing the country, coursed by Buhari, the man now remember he loaned money to his Ex-inlaws and needs to be refund for Sallah Eve.

4 Likes

Re: Man absconds with Ex-wife’s Newborn Baby To Negotiate Dowry Refund (photo) by Nobody: 11:32am On Sep 11, 2016
SuperBlack:
I blame Buhari. Because this man was able to pay 40,000 during GEJ's tym just to marry this lady. And because of the hard tym facing the country, coursed by Buhari, the man now remember he loaned money to his Ex-inlaws and needs to be refund for Sallah Eve.
Lol
Re: Man absconds with Ex-wife’s Newborn Baby To Negotiate Dowry Refund (photo) by Daud2: 11:32am On Sep 11, 2016
I don't know what to say about this. Can it buy Ram for me?
Re: Man absconds with Ex-wife’s Newborn Baby To Negotiate Dowry Refund (photo) by EpicMaurice(m): 11:47am On Sep 11, 2016
NCAN reporting live.

NAMES: adamu fatima, aisha badamasi, mohammed shehu.

REGION: northen part of naija

CRIMES: theft, kidnapp, destruction of property.

SITE OF CRIME: ungwa kaje in bosso LGA of niger state

1 Like

Re: Man absconds with Ex-wife’s Newborn Baby To Negotiate Dowry Refund (photo) by DonCortino: 11:50am On Sep 11, 2016
RadicallyBlunt:
I know some people will come here and blame buhari. I don't know how they correlate.
Its buhari's fault na!

If gej can be blamed for a robbery in lagos, then buhari can be blamed for anything bad too. Even a heavy rainfall. grin

1 Like

Re: Man absconds with Ex-wife’s Newborn Baby To Negotiate Dowry Refund (photo) by eyinjuege: 11:51am On Sep 11, 2016
Anyone that believes he was planning to use the day old baby as a bargaining tool to get the bride price he paid back needs to think again.
Sooner or later, that child would have been killed by him if his kidnap had succeeded.
I'm sure he divorced her himself, (seke uku) but still unhappy she's moved on.
The punishment for kidnapping should be death.
Re: Man absconds with Ex-wife’s Newborn Baby To Negotiate Dowry Refund (photo) by Fidelismaria: 12:21pm On Sep 11, 2016
Dis is sumtin else

I tink its time dis dowry of a tin gets cancelled, abandoned or scrapped
Re: Man absconds with Ex-wife’s Newborn Baby To Negotiate Dowry Refund (photo) by Thobiy(m): 12:21pm On Sep 11, 2016
Too bad
Re: Man absconds with Ex-wife’s Newborn Baby To Negotiate Dowry Refund (photo) by flokii: 12:50pm On Sep 11, 2016
Na real wa..

I trust my eastern brothers.. Dowry don enter voicemail, highest na to pick another wife
Na joke o cheesy
Re: Man absconds with Ex-wife’s Newborn Baby To Negotiate Dowry Refund (photo) by tonquendo4u(m): 1:47pm On Sep 11, 2016
Dowry na how much nah?e reach 5h?
Re: Man absconds with Ex-wife’s Newborn Baby To Negotiate Dowry Refund (photo) by EazyMoh(m): 2:02pm On Sep 11, 2016
donbenedict:
Bride price should from now henceforth be tagged "non refundable"

It's actually non-refundable in Islam as long as the couple have consummated the marriage even if it is once!
Don't mind this ignorant husband. They should charge him with kidnapping, arson and conspiracy to commit fraud kidnapping and arson.
Re: Man absconds with Ex-wife’s Newborn Baby To Negotiate Dowry Refund (photo) by onionsoup(f): 2:04pm On Sep 11, 2016
midolian:
Holding a day old baby hostage because of N40,000 dowry?

Indeed, there are people in the world so hungry, that God cannot appear to them except in the form of bread.

Continue to Rest In Peace Mahatma Gandhi. You almost saw it all.

Loool bros you funny oo " Indeed, there are people in the world so hungry, that God cannot appear to them except in the form of bread" grin grin

1 Like

Re: Man absconds with Ex-wife’s Newborn Baby To Negotiate Dowry Refund (photo) by onionsoup(f): 2:07pm On Sep 11, 2016
nnachukz:
You have started the blame already by mentioning his name. It means something inside you tells you the hardship occasioned by his poor economic policies caused it. Otherwise you wouldn't have mentioned his name as nobody else has done so before you.

kihehehe sharp response bros. You took it out of my mouthgrin
Re: Man absconds with Ex-wife’s Newborn Baby To Negotiate Dowry Refund (photo) by tiwiex(m): 2:29pm On Sep 11, 2016
There is a huge difference between dowry and bride price. Bride price is from the man to the woman's family. Dowry is actually in d opposite direction. From the woman to the man. It refers to stuff taken to her husband's house. I was surprised the day I was corrected too. Just thought to share with the Naira Land family. You can do a dictionary lookup too.
Re: Man absconds with Ex-wife’s Newborn Baby To Negotiate Dowry Refund (photo) by donbenedict(m): 2:37pm On Sep 11, 2016
EazyMoh:

It's actually non-refundable in Islam as long as the couple have consummated the marriage even if it is once!
Don't mind this ignorant husband. They should charge him with kidnapping, arson and conspiracy to commit fraud kidnapping and arson.
u mean am. Dats even good sef. Not all these other tribes Dah like causing problem. Infact any man Dah wants to come and marry my daughter, I will just make it clear. Bride price is non refundable and he must sign it. Else no marriage
Re: Man absconds with Ex-wife’s Newborn Baby To Negotiate Dowry Refund (photo) by EazyMoh(m): 3:10pm On Sep 11, 2016
donbenedict:
u mean am. Dats even good sef. Not all these other tribes Dah like causing problem. Infact any man Dah wants to come and marry my daughter, I will just make it clear. Bride price is non refundable and he must sign it. Else no marriage
Lol! that's a good idea.
Re: Man absconds with Ex-wife’s Newborn Baby To Negotiate Dowry Refund (photo) by EpicMaurice(m): 4:03pm On Sep 11, 2016
donbenedict:
u mean am. Dats even good sef. Not all these other tribes Dah like causing problem.
is there any part of nigeria where bride price is refundable
Re: Man absconds with Ex-wife’s Newborn Baby To Negotiate Dowry Refund (photo) by Nobody: 6:05pm On Sep 11, 2016
EpicMaurice:

is there any part of nigeria where bride price is refundable
yes oh. It's refundable in my part as a formality that the marriage had ended. Na only the nominal bride price oh, most of the marriage rites are presented in the former of material things or naira equivalent and they are non refubdable. But bride price itself is usually very small and it's refundable. You can spend like a million naira to get all the things in the list you are given ,even if you give them naira equivalent of the things in the list,you are not getting shishi back except bride price which cannot be more than #10, 000 sef.
Re: Man absconds with Ex-wife’s Newborn Baby To Negotiate Dowry Refund (photo) by EpicMaurice(m): 6:28pm On Sep 11, 2016
tochimas:
yes oh. It's refundable in my part as a formality that the marriage had ended. Na only the nominal bride price oh, most of the marriage rites are presented in the former of material things or naira equivalent and they are non refubdable. But bride price itself is usually very small and it's refundable. You can spend like a million naira to get all the things in the list you are given ,even if you give them naira equivalent of the things in the list,you are not getting shishi back except bride price which cannot be more than #10, 000 sef.
Jesu!!!!
Which part of the country abeg
Re: Man absconds with Ex-wife’s Newborn Baby To Negotiate Dowry Refund (photo) by SuperBlack: 6:00am On Sep 12, 2016
RadicallyBlunt:
Lol
#smile. So you see? There's always a reason to blame baba.
Re: Man absconds with Ex-wife’s Newborn Baby To Negotiate Dowry Refund (photo) by folasayolyn(f): 2:35pm On Sep 12, 2016
Abeg yansh don chop im dowry. Next topic
Re: Man absconds with Ex-wife’s Newborn Baby To Negotiate Dowry Refund (photo) by oprjajdad: 11:53am On Feb 12, 2017
Who Else Wants a Great Earns this Valentine..
click the link below to apply for a loan all you need is to signup. i am not a reobot and fill a valid details.and you will be credited. let take advantage of this magnifient opportunity

www.aimtowealth.com

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Drug Lord Arrested In Kenya, Deported For The 2nd Time / Lagos Trader Bathes Apprentice In Acid, Victim Detained For Three Months / Lagos Police Rescue Man Humiliated By SARS Officials On Illegal Duty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.