Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,317 members, 7,780,777 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:52 PM

Seun, Come And See This. - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Seun, Come And See This. (2336 Views)

My Advice To Seun On How To Improve Nairaland Programming Section / Mr Seun Please SSL Enable Nairaland / .NET Is A Dead & Useless Language - .NET programmers come and defend yourselves (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Seun, Come And See This. by FrankLampard: 8:03am On Sep 11, 2016
Seun, why can't you install an open source code like reddit.com on this platform?

I know you a Python Django person. My suggestion is, since this site nairaland.com has been stale without any modifications in years, why not try and install some open source script like Reddit.com

Reddit I think was made with Django and Node.js

So many companies are using it and they are doing well. Sites like https://www.codeschool.com/discuss/ , even https://radar.techcabal.com are using it.

This sites is becoming very boring to visit.

*My Opinion.

3 Likes

Re: Seun, Come And See This. by Donald3d(m): 9:12am On Sep 11, 2016
FrankLampard:
Seun, why can't you install an open source code like reddit.com on this platform?

I know you a Python Django person. My suggestion is, since this site nairaland.com has been stale without any modifications in years, why not try and install some open source script like Reddit.com

Reddit I think was made with Django and Node.js

So many companies are using it and they are doing well. Sites like https://www.codeschool.com/discuss/ , even https://radar.techcabal.com are using it.

This sites is becoming very boring to visit.

*My Opinion.
No offense you haven't actually stated what exactly you want or what Nairaland is lacking , "stale without any modifications" , I believe this forum is unique enough , remember its a general forum , if it was niche specific its a different issue .

2 Likes

Re: Seun, Come And See This. by kingofthejungle(m): 11:28am On Sep 11, 2016
I believe nairaland was made with cherrypy
Re: Seun, Come And See This. by FrankLampard: 11:36am On Sep 11, 2016
Donald3d:

No offense you haven't actually stated what exactly you want or what Nairaland is lacking , "stale without any modifications" , I believe this forum is unique enough , remember its a general forum , if it was niche specific its a different issue .

Overtime most sites, make some changes to their interface. Look at Jobberman, Hotels.ng, etc.

I am not saying it is a must, but I'm just giving suggestion oh.

Even Quora uses that Reddit Script with heavy modifications.

When sites stay for long without any modifications, I think it will become boring for some.

If I offend anyone, I'm sorry oh. Just my opinion.

1 Like

Re: Seun, Come And See This. by teampregar(m): 12:44pm On Sep 11, 2016
To me i think Nairaland is broken, Asin, a lot of features has been added on nairaland without proper documentation or arrangment, so therefore the nairaland team is afraid to change any code or mke any update, so that it may not affect the nairaland web app in general..
Note: This problem once happened to twitter(d algorithm they used to create unique ids for tweets, repeated d same things)

2 Likes

Re: Seun, Come And See This. by toheebDOTcom(m): 2:56pm On Sep 11, 2016
teampregar:
To me i think Nairaland is broken, Asin, a lot of features has been added on nairaland without proper documentation or arrangment, so therefore the nairaland team is afraid to change any code or mke any update...

What do you mean by proper documentation? or arrangement?

I don't see how that affects a web app.

if you talk about architectural or design pattern, well that's possible if nairaland wasn't built on the solid principles. And that will lead to an OOP designed app harder to maintain and extend...

But, hold on, just because Nairaland isn't doing it does not mean they can't. Over the years, Nairaland has maintained a tradition of a specific interface. And tradition is what can make you unique as well.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seun, Come And See This. by Nobody: 6:46pm On Sep 11, 2016
wetin person no go see for this place?
Re: Seun, Come And See This. by KvnqPrezo(m): 7:27pm On Sep 11, 2016
dhtml18:
Lolz boss
Re: Seun, Come And See This. by KvnqPrezo(m): 7:28pm On Sep 11, 2016
Op leave it for seun to decide and I believe you don't like nairaland more than seun and he has his plan!
So shutUp and watch...
#mindingMyBusiness
Re: Seun, Come And See This. by Nobody: 8:00pm On Sep 11, 2016
^^^Too harsh, shuo? im offend you before?
Re: Seun, Come And See This. by Fedric(m): 4:24pm On Sep 13, 2016
dhtml18:
i wonder ooo, wey tin concern them with person business. they should go build theirs.

am currently learning programming. life is too short to take panadol on someone's headache. lol

i have a strong drive to build a great website not to see someone weekness lol

1 Like

Re: Seun, Come And See This. by appcypher: 5:17pm On Sep 13, 2016
Fedric:
i wonder ooo, wey tin concern them with person business. they should go build theirs.

am currently learning programming. life is too short to take panadol on someone's headache. lol

i have a strong drive to build a great website not to see someone weekness lol
That just doesn't make sense. He is a user, so he can give suggestions. It's up to Seun to either take it or leave it.
I, for one, want NL to add more features, probably changing it's theme or allow user-genrated mods. Any how, I'd like to see nice changes.

PS: You know the definition of insanity. Doing the same thing over again, expecting a different result.

1 Like

Re: Seun, Come And See This. by Nobody: 5:35pm On Sep 13, 2016
^^^The thing is, Seun will never listen to all these kind of stuffs. I am sure he has seem this page and just waka go.

1 Like

Re: Seun, Come And See This. by KvnqPrezo(m): 5:45pm On Sep 13, 2016
dhtml18:
^^^The thing is, Seun will never listen to all these kind of stuffs. I am sure he has seem this page and just waka go.
Lolzs to me it's the best thing!
Re: Seun, Come And See This. by Nobody: 6:44pm On Sep 13, 2016
For the wailers on the thread, how many features have you suggested to Facebook? and did you guys never read that NAIRALAND IS A PRIVATE FORUM? Bunch of i-dont-even-need-to-say-it.

1 Like

Re: Seun, Come And See This. by KvnqPrezo(m): 6:51pm On Sep 13, 2016
Uhhhh forum don too much for Naija....
And all follows same pattern....
Uhmmm how lonq does it takes to create a forum from scratch (with friendship and chatting system including update status) I wanna do it for

#AmTalkinqToMrDhtml.
Re: Seun, Come And See This. by Fedric(m): 9:04pm On Sep 13, 2016
appcypher:

I, for one, want NL to add more features, probably changing it's theme or allow user-genrated mods. Any how, I'd like to see nice changE.[/i]
many post, topic will be deleted by bad people, if seun generate a user mod/admin. if you are very use to facebook group, you will notice that admin in that group can delete, pin and hide post. i think creating a user mod is not a good idea
Re: Seun, Come And See This. by Fedric(m): 9:17pm On Sep 13, 2016
KvnqPrezo:
Uhhhh forum don too much for Naija....
And all follows same pattern....
Uhmmm how lonq does it takes to create a forum from scratch (with friendship and chatting system including update status) I wanna do it for

#AmTalkinqToMrDhtml.
guy i think we are on the same track. well am a beginer in programming. just starting css. i know you are currently in javascript.
Re: Seun, Come And See This. by appcypher: 9:26pm On Sep 13, 2016
dhtml18:
For the wailers on the thread, how many features have you suggested to Facebook? and did you guys never read that NAIRALAND IS A PRIVATE FORUM? Bunch of i-dont-even-need-to-say-it.
undecided Should that stop us from suggesting ideas to indigenous creators.

1 Like

Re: Seun, Come And See This. by Nobody: 9:59pm On Sep 13, 2016
appcypher:

undecided Should that stop us from suggesting ideas to indigenous creators.
Erm, ordinarily No, you can. However, in situation like this when the said creator will turn deaf ears, you guys are just - as far as i am concerned - talking to yourselves.
Re: Seun, Come And See This. by guente02(m): 12:03am On Sep 14, 2016
dhtml18:

Erm, ordinarily No, you can. However, in situation like this when the said creator will turn deaf ears, you guys are just - as far as i am concerned - talking to yourselves.
Seconded affirmatively.
Re: Seun, Come And See This. by sisqology(m): 8:19am On Oct 12, 2016
dhtml18:

Thanks for speaking my mind
Re: Seun, Come And See This. by Nobody: 9:11am On Oct 12, 2016
guente02:

Seconded affirmatively.

sisqology:

Thanks for speaking my mind

Thanks people, you folks too have been here for awhile, and you know what I am saying.

Now, to the others that thought I was just TROLLING, where is Seun to answer your pleas? Or maybe it is possible that he is just so busy that he has not been able to visit this thread eh?
Re: Seun, Come And See This. by ugwum007(m): 10:09am On Oct 13, 2016
Narialand only favors story tellers, booty pic posters etc.... for us here in this section, is war without end. Most of the changes made to facebook are actually suggestions from users.

But we have to tell ourselves the truth here in this section, narialand will never become (maybe it will) what we are dreaming it will be.

1 Like

Re: Seun, Come And See This. by Nobody: 12:53pm On Oct 13, 2016
lol @ war without end. Who are the WAR LORDS?
Re: Seun, Come And See This. by asalimpo(m): 3:26pm On Oct 17, 2016
it's still odd that nL has no downvote/dislike button/link,
when other social sites/forums have stuffs like this to help people honestly express themselves,
and even without the offer of anonymity to hide under.
Youtube, stack overflow have downvote buttons. Imagine how unbalanced it would be to only have a like button on a youtube video!!! -

(1) (Reply)

With AI Like GPT4, Is Been A Tech Developer Still Worth. / After Learning Programming What Next?? / How Long Does It Takes To Become A Full Stack Web Devoloper

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.