Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,321 members, 7,808,078 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:49 AM

Are You Ready? A Short Message To Christians By Lyoncrescent - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are You Ready? A Short Message To Christians By Lyoncrescent (9372 Views)

Christian Association Protests Against Killings Of Christians By Fulani Herdsmen / Reply To "Why Muslims Are Better Than Christians" By Bishop Sam Zuga / Shiites Give A Drawing Of Jesus To Christians In Bauchi To Promote Peace (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are You Ready? A Short Message To Christians By Lyoncrescent by pressplay411(m): 12:22pm On Dec 04, 2016
TheOtherRoom:
I finished reading the bible at age 19 from genesis to revelation... If you can achieve this feat you will see the Bible from a different aspect.

1. The devil says the truth, (eat the fruit and ye shall be like gods)
2. God said do not eat the fruit or you shall die ( God could have told adam it was d fruit of knowledge since former knows all things )
3. Christ said in John 10:34 that "for ye are Gods" (as a God you have a functional brain and should be able to reason, raise questions geared towards empirical facts)

4. The devil was casted down to earth from heaven (which means earth belongs to the devil and god has nothing to do here lol. What kind and loving God will send his loved children to a place where the devil was casted to?

You only need reason to understand how life works.

The bible and the Quran are story books about human experience and the aim is to give meaning to good or bad decision made certain individuals...

ONLY YOU CAN SAVE YOURSELF not Christ who couldn't save himself

you're a clown I swear! lol
Re: Are You Ready? A Short Message To Christians By Lyoncrescent by beylinko(m): 12:26pm On Dec 04, 2016
God bless you for this Spirit inspired message. Intimacy with the Spirit of truth will eliminate so much confusion in Church. Christmas is the answer to all life questions.
Re: Are You Ready? A Short Message To Christians By Lyoncrescent by vickeybrown92(m): 12:54pm On Dec 04, 2016
Mekanus:
If the devil can offer these things you mentioned then bleep heaven, I want the gift of the devil.
When will you guys finally realize that that moafucker (God) ain't real.
give me three prove that he aint real!!
Re: Are You Ready? A Short Message To Christians By Lyoncrescent by Justiceleague1: 1:01pm On Dec 04, 2016
Lyoncrescent:
John 3:16: For GOD so loved the world that he gave his only son that whosoever believeth in him shall never perish but have everlasting life. That is my most favorite bible passage simply because it gives the promise of eternal and everlasting life for those who truly believe and work in this belief. It also in my own thinking states that the only thing devil cannot give is eternal life. Earthly wealth, miracles and healing and anything confined to this earth can be given by the devil. I personally believe that the true prosperity is when we take our seats in heaven.
Pastors and church leaders are often seen as anointed men of GOD and called by GOD which may be the case. However, we should not see these pastors as a contact point to get to Jesus. Churches are like schools. Church members are like the students. However, as the school has teachers so does the church. The teacher of the church is Jesus Christ. Pastors are at best Class representatives or class captains of the students and not the teachers in the church. A teacher has already written the test and passed which is why he/she is the teacher. The pastor in this context hasn’t written the test and hasn’t passed. In other words, the pastor will still be judged on judgment day prior to making heaven. There are no economy seats to heaven. If we are going to heaven, we are all going first class.

As pastors are class captains who have been chosen by Jesus, We should be very careful to build our faith and knowledge by seeking inspiration from the Holy Spirit and hearing the voice of GOD. You should never ever pray through your class captain (pastor) by saying may the GOD of my class captain (pastor) do this for me in Jesus name. Pray only through the name of your teacher (Jesus Christ). Your class captain may derail and choose another thing as his GOD without you knowing unless with the gift of the holy spirit in you. Your focus should be on your teacher Jesus Christ who can never ever derail.

Prosperity is a good thing but true prosperity is when we make heaven. Earthly wealth is nothing but dust and as Christians we need to have a heaven mindset. How many Christians are in the Forbes richest people list? One of the most critical prayers one can pray is for GOD to reveal to him/her a church where he/she can get spiritual growth. A church with thousands and millions of members is good as it gives the members opportunity to hear the good news of Jesus. However the success of a church is not judged by the number of those baptized or church members. It is simply judged by the number that is heaven bound. In a church with 20,000 members, if 10,000 can make heaven then we can say it is a pass mark at 50 percent. That is how success of a church is judged, not by how many miracles or how many billionaires attend the church.

Fear GOD Above. In school, the exam date is often set and one is fully aware before time. As Christians, we go through serious trials and temptations but the ultimate test is in two folds. No one knows when the trumpet will sound and no one knows the exact minute he/she will die. As you read this the trumpet can sound. As your pastor is preaching about 100 ways to be financially secure, the trumpet may sound. As you go to church you may die. Will you be ready? Are you ready? Making heaven is not as easy as it seems. It is a tough task. To live a life full of holiness and reverence for GOD with divine love, true forgiveness and the gift of the Holy Spirit among other things is critical.
We need the gift of the Holy Spirit and to hear from our teacher.

There are so many mysteries in the bible and as Christians; we need to continually pray to GOD that he reveals these secret things to us. Devils Mission is for a Christian not to make heaven and he won’t stop till he has his mark on us. Any other thing is a bonus to Satan. We should continually pray to Jesus to reveal secret things such as the power of the psalms, the role of fasting and prayers, the role of restitution and the gift of the Holy Spirit among other things. Speaking in tongue doesn’t guarantee making heaven as miracles, mega churches and prosperity doesn’t guarantee making heaven. Making heaven is much more than that.

As I started, John 3:16 is my best part of the bible. Devil is so powerful but cannot give eternal life. If you want a church of 100 million people, the devil has capability to pull it off. He will top if up with a “sound pastor who knows the word”. The devil also knows the bible. If you look critically at when the devil was tempting Jesus, he was quoting scriptures from the old testament to tempt Jesus. Earthly rewards can also be provided by Satan. Money, children, houses etc. Devil can also perform miracles. However, devil cannot give eternal life which is the true reward for believers.

FEAR GOD AS YOU DON’T KNOW WHEN YOU WILL DIE OR WHEN THE TRUMPET SHALL SOUND. ARE YOU READY?

Re: Are You Ready? A Short Message To Christians By Lyoncrescent by Wolexdey(m): 1:06pm On Dec 04, 2016
TheOtherRoom:
I finished reading the bible at age 19 from genesis to revelation... If you can achieve this feat you will see the Bible from a different aspect.

2. God said do not eat the fruit or you shall die ( God could have told adam it was d fruit of knowledge since former knows all things )
3. Christ said in John 10:34 that "for ye are Gods" (as a God you have a functional brain and should be able to reason, raise questions geared towards empirical facts)

4. The devil was casted down to earth from heaven (which means earth belongs to the devil and god has nothing to do here lol. What kind and loving God will send his loved children to a place where the devil was casted to?

The bible and the Quran are story books about human experience and the aim is to give meaning to good or bad decision made certain individuals...

JESUS IS LORD...OUR REDEEMER LIVETH FOREVER
Re: Are You Ready? A Short Message To Christians By Lyoncrescent by Wolexdey(m): 1:08pm On Dec 04, 2016
Auki:
You want to keep worshipping Jesus other than your creator?

Jesus never said that mankind should worship him instead of God. Jesus actual teaching to mankind is to worship God alone.

Pauline Christian has literally replaced pure monotheist religion, as preach by Jesus, Mosses,Abraham, Muhammad, to paganism.

Some of the pagan concepts is the saying that God has begotten a son, Jesus is God or part of the triune God.

JESUS IS THE WAY, THE TRUTH AND LIFE.

JESUS IS LORD
Re: Are You Ready? A Short Message To Christians By Lyoncrescent by ogunsbanjul(m): 1:26pm On Dec 04, 2016
Lyoncrescent:
John 3:16: For GOD so loved the world that he gave his only son that whosoever believeth in him shall never perish but have everlasting life. That is my most favorite bible passage simply because it gives the promise of eternal and everlasting life for those who truly believe and work in this belief. It also in my own thinking states that the only thing devil cannot give is eternal life. Earthly wealth, miracles and healing and anything confined to this earth can be given by the devil. I personally believe that the true prosperity is when we take our seats in heaven.
Pastors and church leaders are often seen as anointed men of GOD and called by GOD which may be the case. However, we should not see these pastors as a contact point to get to Jesus. Churches are like schools. Church members are like the students. However, as the school has teachers so does the church. The teacher of the church is Jesus Christ. Pastors are at best Class representatives or class captains of the students and not the teachers in the church. A teacher has already written the test and passed which is why he/she is the teacher. The pastor in this context hasn’t written the test and hasn’t passed. In other words, the pastor will still be judged on judgment day prior to making heaven. There are no economy seats to heaven. If we are going to heaven, we are all going first class.

As pastors are class captains who have been chosen by Jesus, We should be very careful to build our faith and knowledge by seeking inspiration from the Holy Spirit and hearing the voice of GOD. You should never ever pray through your class captain (pastor) by saying may the GOD of my class captain (pastor) do this for me in Jesus name. Pray only through the name of your teacher (Jesus Christ). Your class captain may derail and choose another thing as his GOD without you knowing unless with the gift of the holy spirit in you. Your focus should be on your teacher Jesus Christ who can never ever derail.

Prosperity is a good thing but true prosperity is when we make heaven. Earthly wealth is nothing but dust and as Christians we need to have a heaven mindset. How many Christians are in the Forbes richest people list? One of the most critical prayers one can pray is for GOD to reveal to him/her a church where he/she can get spiritual growth. A church with thousands and millions of members is good as it gives the members opportunity to hear the good news of Jesus. However the success of a church is not judged by the number of those baptized or church members. It is simply judged by the number that is heaven bound. In a church with 20,000 members, if 10,000 can make heaven then we can say it is a pass mark at 50 percent. That is how success of a church is judged, not by how many miracles or how many billionaires attend the church.

Fear GOD Above. In school, the exam date is often set and one is fully aware before time. As Christians, we go through serious trials and temptations but the ultimate test is in two folds. No one knows when the trumpet will sound and no one knows the exact minute he/she will die. As you read this the trumpet can sound. As your pastor is preaching about 100 ways to be financially secure, the trumpet may sound. As you go to church you may die. Will you be ready? Are you ready? Making heaven is not as easy as it seems. It is a tough task. To live a life full of holiness and reverence for GOD with divine love, true forgiveness and the gift of the Holy Spirit among other things is critical.

There are so many mysteries in the bible and as Christians; we need to continually pray to GOD that he reveals these secret things to us. Devils Mission is for a Christian not to make heaven and he won’t stop till he has his mark on us. Any other thing is a bonus to Satan. We should continually pray to Jesus to reveal secret things such as the power of the psalms, the role of fasting and prayers, the role of restitution and the gift of the Holy Spirit among other things. Speaking in tongue doesn’t guarantee making heaven as miracles, mega churches and prosperity doesn’t guarantee making heaven. Making heaven is much more than that.

As I started, John 3:16 is my best part of the bible. Devil is so powerful but cannot give eternal life. If you want a church of 100 million people, the devil has capability to pull it off. He will top if up with a “sound pastor who knows the word”. The devil also knows the bible. If you look critically at when the devil was tempting Jesus, he was quoting scriptures from the old testament to tempt Jesus. Earthly rewards can also be provided by Satan. Money, children, houses etc. Devil can also perform miracles. However, devil cannot give eternal life which is the true reward for believers.

FEAR GOD AS YOU DON’T KNOW WHEN YOU WILL DIE OR WHEN THE TRUMPET SHALL SOUND. ARE YOU READY?

. The best message on Nairaland for this year. Oluwa Aso agbara dotun. Thanks so much

1 Like

Re: Are You Ready? A Short Message To Christians By Lyoncrescent by omojeesu(m): 2:36pm On Dec 04, 2016
Lyoncrescent:

THE TRUMPET WILL SOUND 'AFTER THE TRIBULATION OF THOSE DAYS' ACCORDING TO MAT.24.29-31.
Re: Are You Ready? A Short Message To Christians By Lyoncrescent by Life4Varnity: 2:48pm On Dec 04, 2016
careytommy7:
This is the kind of post i love to read on a Sunday morning.
Christians should always be on guard.

You are so right

But God can also use you every Sunday to giv such wonderful message
Re: Are You Ready? A Short Message To Christians By Lyoncrescent by MzDeeb(f): 2:49pm On Dec 04, 2016
Nice write up. I totally agree with what you wrote.

However, i have my reservation on where u mentioned that *Christians are not to pay through d class captain#.. Esp using the name of pastors.

I have had that notion too.. i totally do not like it as well..

My point is, while studying my Bible.. I noticed pple prayed thru the name of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. You would hear d isrealites say "The God of our Father's'..

I feel If back then d isrealites could make request to God through the names of dis pple and God himself even mentioned it that HE is d God of Abraham.. ..,. ..
.. Then we should be able to do same as well in our generation.

But my fear is just that.. Nigerians are too spiritual. . Dey would end up idolizing dir pastors.. May God help us all. N grant us knowledge as well
Re: Are You Ready? A Short Message To Christians By Lyoncrescent by Horlufemi(m): 2:57pm On Dec 04, 2016
Try telling that to TB Joshua's followers. TB Joshua is holy don't get it twisted
Re: Are You Ready? A Short Message To Christians By Lyoncrescent by vicade(m): 3:17pm On Dec 04, 2016
MzDeeb:
Nice write up. I totally agree with what you wrote.

However, i have my reservation on where u mentioned that *Christians are not to pay through d class captain#.. Esp using the name of pastors.

I have had that notion too.. i totally do not like it as well..

My point is, while studying my Bible.. I noticed pple prayed thru the name of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. You would hear d isrealites say "The God of our Father's'..

I feel If back then d isrealites could make request to God through the names of dis pple and God himself even mentioned it that HE is d God of Abraham.. ..,. ..
.. Then we should be able to do same as well in our generation.

But my fear is just that.. Nigerians are too spiritual. . Dey would end up idolizing dir pastors.. May God help us all. N grant us knowledge as well

Interesting Observation. But as the writer said what if pastor derails and chooses something else as his GOD ? I am no so sure but i think in the Old Testament, since Jesus was not yet in the picture in a way, Using GOD of Abraham , Isaac and Jacob is a means to attest to the great things GOD had done for and through these three . Same for Elijah and Elisha.

In New Testament, its a different ball game. Jesus is the answer and the only way. We cant even say GOD of Paul or GOD of Apostle Peter or GOD of any other disciple. All prayer have to be routed in Jesus Name and his name only. I Shiver when people pray and say GOD of so so Pastor. This is so common among Pentecostals and white garment churches. GOD of Adeboye, God of Olukoya,GOD of Oschoffa, GOD of Oyedepo etc.

Thats what i think sha.
Re: Are You Ready? A Short Message To Christians By Lyoncrescent by Emmiasky(m): 3:39pm On Dec 04, 2016
TheOtherRoom:

What truth are you implying? Cox me don't understand you!
Re: Are You Ready? A Short Message To Christians By Lyoncrescent by LordBaelish: 4:14pm On Dec 04, 2016
ElsonMorali:

Well they may not be the only hypocrites.

Do you have money in the bank? Does it yield interest? Then you're also a hypocrite.

If that's your defense of that Ponzi nonsense it's safe to say that you're the kind of Christian that goes to church to mark attendance without paying true attention.. SMH
Re: Are You Ready? A Short Message To Christians By Lyoncrescent by ElsonMorali: 5:13pm On Dec 04, 2016
LordBaelish:

If that's your defense of that Ponzi nonsense it's safe to say that you're the kind of Christian that goes to church to mark attendance without paying true attention.. SMH

I see. So your own defence is to attack my integrity even though you don't know anything whatsoever about me?

Tell me how many people has the so-called "ponzi nonsense" hurt?

From the tales of all of those doing it, they are benefiting from it, so what's your grouse and why are you foaming at the mouth

If they get burned in the scheme, its not your money is it?
Re: Are You Ready? A Short Message To Christians By Lyoncrescent by OlivetBen(m): 5:14pm On Dec 04, 2016
TheOtherRoom:

"If the word of God be hid it's hidden unto them that are blind..."
Moreso, it's a mistry and people like u can't understand it. Keep on basking in ur folly.
Re: Are You Ready? A Short Message To Christians By Lyoncrescent by 4lorunsho(m): 7:11pm On Dec 04, 2016
TheOtherRoom:

u are reading the Bible like a story book nd which is not suppose to be ; it has delivered , saved , enrich , made rich millions and billions of people cuz its not working for you does not mean u shouldn't cry to Jesus christ for it to work . Its working for me everyday and second #Peace . If u spend I day with me if ur mindset does not change I will leave Jesus Christ
Re: Are You Ready? A Short Message To Christians By Lyoncrescent by 4lorunsho(m): 7:17pm On Dec 04, 2016
vicade:

Interesting Observation. But as the writer said what if pastor derails and chooses something else as his GOD ? I am no so sure but i think in the Old Testament, since Jesus was not yet in the picture in a way, Using GOD of Abraham , Isaac and Jacob is a means to attest to the great things GOD had done for and through these three . Same for Elijah and Elisha.

In New Testament, its a different ball game. Jesus is the answer and the only way. We cant even say GOD of Paul or GOD of Apostle Peter or GOD of any other disciple. All prayer have to be routed in Jesus Name and his name only. I Shiver when people pray and say GOD of so so Pastor. This is so common among Pentecostals and white garment churches. GOD of Adeboye, God of Olukoya,GOD of Oschoffa, GOD of Oyedepo etc.

Thats what i think sha.
bro that's why paul prayed a prayer that let our understanding be enlightened. Thnk God u understood that part nd am so greatful to GOD not to do that in my life time

1 Like

Re: Are You Ready? A Short Message To Christians By Lyoncrescent by Nobody: 7:11am On Dec 05, 2016
TheOtherRoom:

Bro, at 19, you were still too young and lacked the experience and understanding that it takes to fully grasp the bible...
Re: Are You Ready? A Short Message To Christians By Lyoncrescent by Lyoncrescent: 8:50am On Dec 11, 2016
Happy Sunday to you all. GOD bless you

Deuteronomy 29:29

New International Version
The secret things belong to the LORD our God, but the things revealed belong to us and to our children forever, that we may follow all the words of this law.

New Living Translation
"The LORD our God has secrets known to no one. We are not accountable for them, but we and our children are accountable forever for all that he has revealed to us, so that we may obey all the terms of these instructions.
Happy Sunday to everyone.

English Standard Version
“The secret things belong to the LORD our God, but the things that are revealed belong to us and to our children forever, that we may do all the words of this law.

New American Standard Bible
"The secret things belong to the LORD our God, but the things revealed belong to us and to our sons forever, that we may observe all the words of this law.

King James Bible
The secret things belong unto the LORD our God: but those things which are revealed belong unto us and to our children for ever, that we may do all the words of this law.
Re: Are You Ready? A Short Message To Christians By Lyoncrescent by Lyoncrescent: 8:41am On Dec 18, 2016
GOD bless you all. Happy Sunday. Cc OAM4J
Re: Are You Ready? A Short Message To Christians By Lyoncrescent by Lyoncrescent: 9:07am On Dec 25, 2016
Happy Sunday to you all. May GOD bless you and open your spiritual eyes. One of the tragedies of we Christians is when we try to use common sense to decipher spiritual things. I pray that the holy spirit guides us,unlocks our spiritual senses and reveals hidden things to us so that we may make heaven in the end.
Re: Are You Ready? A Short Message To Christians By Lyoncrescent by Lyoncrescent: 7:02pm On Dec 31, 2016
GOD bless you all. Cc OAM4J
Re: Are You Ready? A Short Message To Christians By Lyoncrescent by Lyoncrescent: 9:04am On Jan 01, 2017
Happy new year. Happy Sunday. GOD Bless you.
Re: Are You Ready? A Short Message To Christians By Lyoncrescent by Lyoncrescent: 8:40am On Jan 15, 2017
Happy Sunday and GOD Bless you all.
Re: Are You Ready? A Short Message To Christians By Lyoncrescent by Lyoncrescent: 7:47am On Jan 29, 2017
Jesus is the only way.
Re: Are You Ready? A Short Message To Christians By Lyoncrescent by Lyoncrescent: 9:52am On Feb 05, 2017
Let the Spirit of the Lord from heaven above come down on this land called Nigeria
Re: Are You Ready? A Short Message To Christians By Lyoncrescent by Lyoncrescent: 8:00am On Feb 12, 2017
Jesus is the only way. Good morning.
Re: Are You Ready? A Short Message To Christians By Lyoncrescent by Lyoncrescent: 7:18am On Feb 19, 2017
WIll you be ready when the Lord shall come ? Good morning everyone. Halleluyah.

cc OAM4J,Seun
Re: Are You Ready? A Short Message To Christians By Lyoncrescent by Lyoncrescent: 7:54am On Mar 05, 2017
Carry your Cross, whether its heavy or not and keep following Jesus Christ and he will make you whole.
Re: Are You Ready? A Short Message To Christians By Lyoncrescent by Lyoncrescent: 8:57am On Mar 12, 2017
it is well in the name of Jesus
Re: Are You Ready? A Short Message To Christians By Lyoncrescent by Lyoncrescent: 6:41am On Mar 19, 2017
Happy Sunday to you all. May GOD bless you and open your spiritual eyes. One of the tragedies of we Christians is when we try to use common sense to decipher spiritual things. I pray that the holy spirit guides us,unlocks our spiritual senses and reveals hidden things to us so that we may make heaven in the end.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Forgive & Forget: I Don't Forget, Does That Mean I Have Not Forgiven? / Buhari Congratulates Pastor Adeboye On His 80th Birthday / 1,300 Join Facebook Protest Over Pastor Ashimolowo's KICC Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.