Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,282 members, 7,780,642 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 06:27 PM

Jesus died for our sins 2000 years ago - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus died for our sins 2000 years ago (1780 Views)

How Jesus Died For Our Sins : The Road To Easter / Did Jesus Die for Our Sin? Which Sin? Ifeann Should Please Come In / Second Coming Of Jesus: Almost 2000 Years Late? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jesus died for our sins 2000 years ago by Atheists: 6:13am On Oct 08, 2009
Which sins did he die for me 2000 years ago before l was born ?
Re: Jesus died for our sins 2000 years ago by jagunlabi(m): 12:49pm On Oct 08, 2009
Your sin was that you were born 2000 years too late.That really pissed your "father in heaven". grin
You just gotta love the christian doctrine. Hahaha! cheesy
Atheists:

Which sins did he die for me 2000 years ago before l was born ?
Re: Jesus died for our sins 2000 years ago by jagunlabi(m): 12:52pm On Oct 08, 2009
BTW,mythras also died for your sins even earlier.So did tammuz,horus,krishna,etc,etc,etc . . .
Re: Jesus died for our sins 2000 years ago by Tudor6(f): 3:05pm On Oct 08, 2009
jagunlabi:

BTW,mythras also died for your sins even earlier.So did tammuz,horus,krishna,etc,etc,etc . . .
Well, well, well. . . .aint we all lucky then?
Re: Jesus died for our sins 2000 years ago by Atheists: 3:45pm On Oct 08, 2009
The christian doctrine of vicarious redemption is evil rubbish.
Re: Jesus died for our sins 2000 years ago by bawomolo(m): 3:53pm On Oct 08, 2009
jagunlabi:

live to die another day grin
Re: Jesus died for our sins 2000 years ago by dattaswami: 5:45am On Sep 05, 2012
Atheists: Which sins did he die for me 2000 years ago before l was born ?
How it is possible?

If you say that My sins were already suffered by Jesus, then a question arises. I was born in 1947. In 1947, My gross body was created. According to the theory of Christianity, this is My single human birth. Before 1947, I was not in any other gross body, on this earth. Therefore, before My birth in 1947, I neither did good deeds nor bad deeds ,because for doing any deed, a gross body is required. Since My soul did not have any fruit of good deeds, it could not have been with God. Since, My soul did not have any fruit of bad deeds, it could not have been in hell. So before My birth, My soul was not on earth, not with God and not in hell. Can you tell Me the address of My soul before 1947? Therefore, you must agree that My soul was not created before 1947.

This means that My soul and My gross body were simultaneously created by God in 1947. In such a case, neither My soul nor My gross body existed before 1947. Jesus was crucified about 2000 years ago. At the time of the crucifixion of Jesus neither My soul nor My gross body existed. When the soul and gross body do not exist, there is no existence of any action of the soul through the gross body. When there is no action there is no result of the action, which may be good fruit or sin. Thus, when there is no soul, no gross body, no action and no sin, how come Jesus suffered for My sins before 1947?

Therefore, the interpretation of some conservative Christians that God suffered for your sins already is not correct. In the first page of Holy Bible itself, it is said that Jesus came to save His people. The words “His people” mean deserving devotees present in His time. If this interpretation, which is directly present in the text itself, is accepted, it synchronizes with the exactly similar concept of the scriptures of other religions. For example in Hinduism, Lord Datta came in several human incarnations like Sai Baba who suffered for the sins of His devotees present in His time. I put a simple question to you. Is it better to accept the interpretation of the Bible as given by some conservative human beings or is it better to accept the interpretation of the Bible in synchrony with other divine scriptures? Do you not feel that other divine scriptures are far better than these human beings?
Re: Jesus died for our sins 2000 years ago by dattaswami: 5:46am On Sep 05, 2012
Atheists: The christian doctrine of vicarious redemption is evil rubbish.

Meaning of second coming of Jesus

The names like Rama, Krishna, Jesus etc., belong to the external human body, which has taken birth. Such names are generated only after the birth of these human bodies. Therefore, such names are certainly the names of the external human bodies only, which are like the shirts. When the human bodies perish, these names also must perish. But these names exist as eternal names even after the disappearance of these human bodies due to death. The reason is that these names were directed towards the inner Lord even during the time of existence these human bodies.

A person is carrying vegetables for selling. You call him by the name “ Vegetables”. The person is not vegetable and the vegetables are not the person also. But the possessor of the vegetables is called by the name of the possessed material. Similarly, when the name “ Krishna or Jesus” was called, this name was directed towards the internal Lord also. Therefore, even if the human body perished, since the Lord is eternal, Krishna or Jesus is also eternal. When Krishna said that He will come again and again, whenever necessary ( Yada Yada hi….Gita), it means the eternal Lord present in the human body will come again and again through different human forms. Similarly, when it is told that Jesus will come again, it means the Lord present in that human body will come again. Here the names Krishna and Jesus indicate the Lord and not the human body.

When some body says that He will come again after 20 years, it does not mean that he will come in the same shirt. Even in the case of the ordinary human beings the name indicates the inner eternal soul also. When people say that Subba Rao died, it means that the name indicates the external human body. People say that Subba Rao’s last journey is today. It means that the name indicates only the external body, which is going to be cremated in the burial ground on that day. In these sayings the name indicates the external human body. But after one-year people say that today is the yearly ceremony of Subba Rao. When you have stated that Subba Rao finished his last journey one year back, how can you bring Subba Rao again after one year? Here the name indicates the inner soul. Therefore, even in the worldly terminology the name indicates both the external body and inner soul according to the context.

Therefore, when you say that Jesus was crucified and killed, the name indicates the external human body. When you say that Jesus will come again on final day of destruction of this world, the name indicates the inner Lord. Thus, the same name indicates the external or internal item according to the context. When you say that Krishna danced in Brundavanam, the name indicates the external human body. When you say that Krishna will come again and again whenever necessary, the name indicates the inner Lord. If you realise this discrimination, you have no quarrel with any religion. When you say that Jesus or Krishna will come again, it means that the inner Lord is going to come in different human bodies again. When you are drawing the picture of Jesus or Krishna, the picture represents the external human body only and not the inner Lord. You can never draw the picture of the inner Lord because He is beyond the realm of imagination. You cannot say about the existence of two unimaginable Lords. When the Lord is unimaginable, He can be only one. If you say that there are two entities, it means that both the entities are imaginable. Therefore, you have to accept that there is only one unimaginable Lord or God. The external human bodies are different and cannot be one. When I say that Krishna is Jesus, it means that the Lord in the body of Krishna and in the body of Jesus is one and the same. It does not mean that the two different bodies are one and the same.

At Thy Lotus Feet His Holiness Sri Dattaswami

Anil Antony
www.universal-spirituality.org
Universal Spirituality for World Peace

(1) (Reply)

..... / MONEY COMETH & THE ANOINTED MONEY RITUAL - GREEDY 'CHURCH GOERS' - SHAME / Spiritual Conji

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.