Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,572 members, 7,809,087 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:44 PM

Bag Of Rice May Sell For N40,000 By December - Minister Of State For Agriculture - Food (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Bag Of Rice May Sell For N40,000 By December - Minister Of State For Agriculture (45249 Views)

I Bought A Bag Of Rice From Thailand In Lagos Today (picture) / How Much Is A Bag Of Rice In Your Area? / Rice Will Sell For N9,000 Before December - Alimosho Council Boss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bag Of Rice May Sell For N40,000 By December - Minister Of State For Agriculture by progress69: 9:35am On Sep 12, 2016
hrykanu231:
There is something with minsters in Buhari 's cabinet and unguarded utterances. This alone can cause panic buying which will lead to hoarding of the product and ultimately scarcity of the product. Thus granting his silly statements reality.

Instead of getting consumers so scared, why not tell both the producers and consumers plans th govt has put in place to support the cultivation of rice (I guess no plans). Enough of this cluelessness...
What is wrong in saying the inevitable if things are not done in a different way. Maby of u read and cant simply understand. If u read that article well, u will understand his point
Re: Bag Of Rice May Sell For N40,000 By December - Minister Of State For Agriculture by Ttmthegreat(m): 9:37am On Sep 12, 2016
The minister must be mad and insensitive to the masses suffering and hardship,if you continue to maltreat the people of Nigeria,APC and this minister will lose 2019 election gallantly,the consequence will be too much for APC to swallow.
Re: Bag Of Rice May Sell For N40,000 By December - Minister Of State For Agriculture by progress69: 9:39am On Sep 12, 2016
dragunov:

Wow wow wow wow! Just hold it right there. Just because Heineken said something does not necessarily mean its gonna be. On what basis would rice sell for 40k? People are already farming rice in droves. And more people are venturing into it. And both states and federal government are committed. And the commitment will continue to grow. So whats the fuss? Is it not better you advise your vandalising, murderous, thieving briggands to go and farm? Can't they drop their guns and bombs and go for farming implements? The money they give to russians in exchange for weapons can be used to purchase better things. Stop blaming Buhari.

Bros. I tire for this country o. Even so called educated people now talk and act like illiterates. I blame thebpress for always using sensational headlines too. Many won't bother to read but just draw conclusions. See so called youths and educated people commenting like primary sch students.
Re: Bag Of Rice May Sell For N40,000 By December - Minister Of State For Agriculture by Nwaguy24: 9:54am On Sep 12, 2016
Proverbs 24 vs 21-22 warned us abt APC bt we no dy read bible now take a look at us cry crybaba GOD u no say I no vote 4 dem na wink winkso my case go dy different
Re: Bag Of Rice May Sell For N40,000 By December - Minister Of State For Agriculture by hrykanu231(m): 10:09am On Sep 12, 2016
progress69:

What is wrong in saying the inevitable if things are not done in a different way. Maby of u read and cant simply understand. If u read that article well, u will understand his point

I read the article and understood it's content hence my response. I made my comment from my own"lens". I am tempted to ask what is the inevitable? I guess that government has little or no plans to support the cultivation and distribution of rice is the inevitable?
You that understood the article, is causing panic a good thing for an economy in recession?
Re: Bag Of Rice May Sell For N40,000 By December - Minister Of State For Agriculture by deluxecad(m): 10:18am On Sep 12, 2016
nextprince:

Rather, it's u that should re-read it. Price of rice was 12k some months ago, it is about 26k now and it is likely to hit 40k by Dec if we don't start producing. Meaning, if we remain this way, in less than 4 months, rice will be 40k. How did he explain the $22bn spent on food importation? I repeat, is he mad?

He's saying that it costs us that much to import food and we should discontinue that by growing our food locally.

Wouldn't you encourage local production?
Re: Bag Of Rice May Sell For N40,000 By December - Minister Of State For Agriculture by OgbeniSamm(m): 10:51am On Sep 12, 2016
Oh Blood of GOD!
Re: Bag Of Rice May Sell For N40,000 By December - Minister Of State For Agriculture by lilmizwierd(f): 12:01pm On Sep 12, 2016
Blackfire:
Good... If i can sell my 1,000 bags of rice this december period hanging somewhere...

Wow .

Thank u buhari
Thanks for speaking my mind
I wee kuku buy that anambra rice for consumption
It is my time to blow
Ricethings
Re: Bag Of Rice May Sell For N40,000 By December - Minister Of State For Agriculture by onionsoup(f): 1:54pm On Sep 12, 2016
InLoveWithGod:
May God help us. I will have to stop buying rice then.

Na fat full am b4 sef lipsrsealed
Re: Bag Of Rice May Sell For N40,000 By December - Minister Of State For Agriculture by Nobody: 6:38am On Sep 13, 2016
to chip rice na by force? Shey dem dey lobby make only them for top begin chop rice, dem no happy say the poor one's dey follow dem chop am....so is official. Rice is exclusively for the rich nd middle class
Re: Bag Of Rice May Sell For N40,000 By December - Minister Of State For Agriculture by Nobody: 6:39am On Sep 13, 2016
to chop rice na by force? Shey dem dey lobby make only them for top begin chop rice, dem no happy say the poor one's dey follow dem chop am....so is official. Rice is exclusively for the rich nd middle classl....hope they re happy now?
Re: Bag Of Rice May Sell For N40,000 By December - Minister Of State For Agriculture by mikolo80: 4:12pm On Sep 13, 2016
teejaypee:
Dafuq!

Libya loading!!! cool
Libya or Somalia

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bag Of Rice May Sell For N40,000 By December - Minister Of State For Agriculture by mikolo80: 4:12pm On Sep 13, 2016
Keneking:
Source?

Buhari has now finished Nigeria with poverty.

Useless government..only two months to go cry

God why have you forsaken us undecided

No beef of N300 from meat seller cry

Where is lalasticlala, mynd44 sef angry
did he stop you from farming for 60 years
Re: Bag Of Rice May Sell For N40,000 By December - Minister Of State For Agriculture by mikolo80: 4:14pm On Sep 13, 2016
EternalTruths:
See the vision of the government voted in by educated illiterates.

Happy Recession Descendants Of a fallen Angel grin
yep we voted for factory reset if not you looting lot would have turned us to Somalia
Re: Bag Of Rice May Sell For N40,000 By December - Minister Of State For Agriculture by mikolo80: 4:15pm On Sep 13, 2016
ogawisdom:
angry Hw can d Federal Govt Agric minister be this negative with his utterances
what is negative about the truth
Re: Bag Of Rice May Sell For N40,000 By December - Minister Of State For Agriculture by mikolo80: 4:17pm On Sep 13, 2016
truthspeaks:
Let's clap for idiot buhari n his fantastically idiotic, incompetent ministers. I call on omenka, modelmike, passingshot, kyase, aresa, fulanimafia, ngeneukwenu, madridguy, hungerbad, mrvitalis, progressive01 n related zombies in dis clap for ur dumb president buhari. He is truly working
yet it was your pdp that ruled for 16yrs if not since Independence
Re: Bag Of Rice May Sell For N40,000 By December - Minister Of State For Agriculture by mikolo80: 4:18pm On Sep 13, 2016
firstolalekan:
Foolish cabinet

Can't the government provide infrastructure for production? no

Why must individuals do everything for themselves? yes

What's now the use of having a government? order

Bastardz angry
enter farm
Re: Bag Of Rice May Sell For N40,000 By December - Minister Of State For Agriculture by mikolo80: 4:19pm On Sep 13, 2016
hrykanu231:
There is something with minsters in Buhari 's cabinet and unguarded utterances. This alone can cause panic buying which will lead to hoarding of the product and ultimately scarcity of the product. Thus granting his silly statements reality.

Instead of getting consumers so scared, why not tell both the producers and consumers plans th govt has put in place to support the cultivation of rice (I guess no plans). Enough of this cluelessness...

how do you hoard perishable commodity
Re: Bag Of Rice May Sell For N40,000 By December - Minister Of State For Agriculture by hrykanu231(m): 7:49am On Sep 14, 2016
mikolo80:
how do you hoard perishable commodity

Haba brother did u just asked this? OK, since it is assumed u know what hoarding is...u can hoard Rice by buying more now and storing Same in Ur house or warehouse(s) thereby causing artificial scarcity. Then since the silly minister said it will be 40k in December u can sell it then.
Re: Bag Of Rice May Sell For N40,000 By December - Minister Of State For Agriculture by stevedre: 9:17am On Sep 14, 2016
Jesusloveyou:
stop importation and go to ebonyi and grow rice within 3months, so u can feed ur kinsmen.

Your manner of approach shows you dont love Jesus same way he loves you. love ur neighbor as yourself you tribal bigot claiming to be a Jesus deciple.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Live Centipede Seen In Bowl Of Isi Ewu Served In A Lagos Restaurant (Video) / What Kind Of Snake Is This? / Disappointed Woman Murders Caterer With Words, After Seeing The Cake She Made

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.