Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,473 members, 7,770,163 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 06:20 AM

6,006 Nigerians Win 2010 Us Dv Lottery - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 6,006 Nigerians Win 2010 Us Dv Lottery (16500 Views)

Nigeria Ineligible For US DV-2015 / Us Dv Lottery Questions / Us Dv Lottery 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

6,006 Nigerians Win 2010 Us Dv Lottery by okeey(m): 10:11am On Oct 08, 2009
THE United States (US) Mission in Nigeria has said the country ranked second in the number of winners of the US 2010 Diversity Visa (DV) lottery. Nigeria had 6,006 winning entries as against Ghana, with 8,752 winning entries, topping the list across the world.

Disclosing this, on Wednesday, was the Chief Consular Officer/Acting Consul General, Mr.Richard Walsh, who also announced the commencement of the registration for the 2011 DV lottery.

Walsh, at a media parley held at the Public Affairs Section of the US Consulate General’s office, Broad Street, Lagos, further disclosed that Bangladesh came third with a total number of 6,001 just as Ukraine came fourth with 5,499 winning applicants.

He, therefore, said for interested applicants for 2011 DV lottery, registration would hold between October 2 and November 30, adding that entries for the 2011 DV lottery must be submitted electronically.

He warned that paper entries would not be accepted by the United States government. Walsh emphasised the need for the applicants to ensure that all information provided on the entry form must be complete and accurate, adding that “applicants who provide false information about themselves or on behalf of others will be disqualified.”

All successful applicants, according to him, would be notified by electronic mail, adding that “applicants who keep their confirmation page information will be able to check their entry status online.”

http://www.tribune.com.ng/08102009/news/news19.html
Re: 6,006 Nigerians Win 2010 Us Dv Lottery by nethacker(m): 11:53am On Oct 08, 2009
Them nvr knw anything. e go increase 4 2011 . Me i nvr enter now
Re: 6,006 Nigerians Win 2010 Us Dv Lottery by sammytb(m): 11:57am On Oct 08, 2009
Me and my family go enter for 2011. so nigeria will top the list by 20,000 grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 6,006 Nigerians Win 2010 Us Dv Lottery by MrCrackles(m): 11:59am On Oct 08, 2009
Happy for them. . .
I hope the majority of the winners are people whose lives will be a genuinely improved if they move abroad cheesy
Re: 6,006 Nigerians Win 2010 Us Dv Lottery by Vavavoom(m): 12:09pm On Oct 08, 2009
okeey:

THE United States (US) Mission in Nigeria has said the country ranked second in the number of winners of the US 2010 Diversity Visa (DV) lottery. Nigeria had 6,006 winning entries as against Ghana, with 8,752 winning entries, topping the list across the world.

Disclosing this, on Wednesday, was the Chief Consular Officer/Acting Consul General, Mr.Richard Walsh, who also announced the commencement of the registration for the 2011 DV lottery.

Walsh, at a media parley held at the Public Affairs Section of the US Consulate General’s office, Broad Street, Lagos, further disclosed that Bangladesh came third with a total number of 6,001 just as Ukraine came fourth with 5,499 winning applicants.

He, therefore, said for interested applicants for 2011 DV lottery, registration would hold between October 2 and November 30, adding that entries for the 2011 DV lottery must be submitted electronically.

He warned that paper entries would not be accepted by the United States government. Walsh emphasised the need for the applicants to ensure that all information provided on the entry form must be complete and accurate, adding that “applicants who provide false information about themselves or on behalf of others will be disqualified.”

All successful applicants, according to him, would be notified by electronic mail, adding that “applicants who keep their confirmation page information will be able to check their entry status online.”

http://www.tribune.com.ng/08102009/news/news19.html

I just hope they have better skills to compete in a land struggling at the moment to create job for her citizenry. Otherwise na Afghanistan and Pakistan grin
Re: 6,006 Nigerians Win 2010 Us Dv Lottery by Nobody: 12:20pm On Oct 08, 2009
This is a form of modern slavery. Inviting people from third world countries to come and do the dirty jobs.
Re: 6,006 Nigerians Win 2010 Us Dv Lottery by bidemi12(m): 12:26pm On Oct 08, 2009
@eina  why do you say that? do you have experience of this or is it just hearsay? please back it up with facts. It is just like saying God created people just to suffer. What you do with your life is up to you.
Re: 6,006 Nigerians Win 2010 Us Dv Lottery by koolchicco: 12:29pm On Oct 08, 2009
sammytb:

Me and my family go enter for 2011. so nigeria will top the list by 20,000 grin grin grin grin grin

Una wan run leave Naija for who?Abeg make una take'am jeje. grin tongue

eina:

This is a form of modern slavery. Inviting people from third world countries to come and do the dirty jobs.

You sound like someone dat resides Abroad or Have a better Job in Naija.(One of d two)
Re: 6,006 Nigerians Win 2010 Us Dv Lottery by nethacker(m): 12:29pm On Oct 08, 2009
eina:

r u telling me dat there r no dirty jobs in 9ja.apart frm working in a bank,oil coy and IT coy, where else can fetch u cool cash in dis 9ja. Not everyone does dirty jobs there especially if they r nurses or IT/Network security professionals with @least 3yrs experience. U will be more than OK. Do u want to knw hw much nurses earn in 9ja compared to wat an ordinary LG councilor earns(SSCE holder). too bad
Re: 6,006 Nigerians Win 2010 Us Dv Lottery by semid4lyfe(m): 12:33pm On Oct 08, 2009
And the brain drain continues - - -
Re: 6,006 Nigerians Win 2010 Us Dv Lottery by semid4lyfe(m): 12:40pm On Oct 08, 2009
And the brain drain continues! Anyway, goodluck to those who won. I just hope their lives and those of their families/dependants change for the better.
Re: 6,006 Nigerians Win 2010 Us Dv Lottery by martinosi: 12:42pm On Oct 08, 2009
semid4lyfe:

And the brain drain continues - - -

AND IT CONTUNIES AND CONTUNIES AND CONTINUIES UNTILL
ALL THE BEST MIND FROM UNILAG, UNIIFE, UNN, ABU, PRIVATE UNIVERSITIES, TOP NIGERIAN COMPANIES ARE ALL SHIPPED TO THE USA TO MAKE SURE THAT THEY CONTINUE TO HAVE A COMPEITITVE EDGE IN THE WORLD HUMAN RESOURCE MARKET!!!
Re: 6,006 Nigerians Win 2010 Us Dv Lottery by bidemi12(m): 12:43pm On Oct 08, 2009
@Koolchico Ignorance is bliss grin
Re: 6,006 Nigerians Win 2010 Us Dv Lottery by martinosi: 12:45pm On Oct 08, 2009
Vavavoom:

I just hope they have better skills to compete in a land struggling at the moment to create job for her citizenry. Otherwise na Afghanistan and Pakistan grin

DONT BE DAFT, DO U THINK THE 6000 PLUS PEOPLE THAT WON DONT HAVE DEGREE'S OR EVEN POS-GRADUATE DEGREES THEY ARE ALL HIGHLY TRAINED NIGERIANS THAT THE US GOVE WHATS TO GIVE TO COMPANIES
AT A RATE OR SAY 20% BELOW THEIR EQIVALENT GRADUATES IN THE USA!!!
Re: 6,006 Nigerians Win 2010 Us Dv Lottery by koolchicco: 12:48pm On Oct 08, 2009
bidemi12:

*still reloading* undecided
Re: 6,006 Nigerians Win 2010 Us Dv Lottery by martinosi: 12:48pm On Oct 08, 2009
bidemi12:

I KNOW THERE IS PLENTY OF IT IN THE DETROIT AREA LOL!!!

ENTER THE 6000 NIGERIAN VISA LOTTERY WINNERS TO COUNTER THE IGNORANCE
WITH THEIR SKILSS LOL!!! cheesy
Re: 6,006 Nigerians Win 2010 Us Dv Lottery by martinosi: 12:51pm On Oct 08, 2009
,  THE NIGERIANS ARE GOING TO STIMULATE THE URBAN  ERRR I MEAN SURBURBAN, ERMM
I MEAN GENERAL ECONOMY OF THE US ROFLMAO!!! grin
Re: 6,006 Nigerians Win 2010 Us Dv Lottery by DemmyDaat(m): 1:04pm On Oct 08, 2009
Honestly,there is nothing wrong in moving from one part of the world to another for a survival.Afterall,God also commanded 'Lot' to move from his country to another for the betterment of his life & family.

But remember,nothing good comes easy,one can easily be frustrated in many dimensions when living in Abroad,especially if you are a Nigerian.I mean from racism to loneliness,and segregation, etcetera.

Lastly,the intention of this westerners as per this lottery stuff is 'Negetive' but Glory be to God for He can always turn Negatives to Positives.

Goodluck.
Re: 6,006 Nigerians Win 2010 Us Dv Lottery by martinosi: 1:11pm On Oct 08, 2009
DemmyDaat:

Honestly,there is nothing wrong in moving from one part of the world to another for a survival.Afterall,God also commanded 'Lot' to move from his country to another for the betterment of his life & family.

But remember,nothing good comes easy,one can easily be frustrated in many dimensions when living in Abroad,especially if you are a Nigerian.I mean from racism to loneliness,and segregation, etcetera.

Lastly,the intention of this westerners as per this lottery stuff is 'Negetive' but Glory be to God for He can always turn Negatives to Positives.

Goodluck

I FEEL YOU BRO,  WELL I ALWAYS USE MY SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND FUNDS
MADE ABROAD TO IMPROVE THE NIGERIAN ECONOMY,

SOME JUST GO ABROAD AND STAY ABROAD!!! AND DONT GIVE A DAMM BOUT THEIR HOMELAND!!!
Re: 6,006 Nigerians Win 2010 Us Dv Lottery by ezego3(m): 1:13pm On Oct 08, 2009
I smell a lot of envy from people who say stuff like they are going to do dirty jobs in the states Like there is no dirty jobs in Nigeria ill rather be cleaning streets in the States than sweeping eko bridge if i had the choice. How about oyinbo people from the UK migrating to places like Australia , NewZealand, Dubai etc everyday (check the stats).

There's nothing wrong with migrating to different countries, this is God's earth. The so called decent jobs in Nigeria e.g. bankers who are nothing but cashiers, marketers (which you dont need a degree for) is just a waste of time.

Abegi jo carry go. Ive got a Bsc and an Msc from Kings College London and i'll tell you what i was person to play the lottery when it opened up. Tufiaka
Re: 6,006 Nigerians Win 2010 Us Dv Lottery by nethacker(m): 1:19pm On Oct 08, 2009
ezego_1:

I smell a lot of envy from people who say stuff like they are going to do dirty jobs in the states Like there is no dirty jobs in Nigeria ill rather be cleaning streets in the States than sweeping eko bridge if i had the choice. How about oyinbo people from the UK migrating to places like Australia , NewZealand, Dubai etc everyday (check the stats).

There's nothing wrong with migrating to different countries, this is God's earth. The so called decent jobs in Nigeria e.g. bankers who are nothing but cashiers, marketers (which you dont need a degree for) is just a waste of time.

Abegi jo carry go. Ive got a Bsc and an Msc from Kings College London and i'll tell you what i was person to play the lottery when it opened up. Tufiaka
u hv spoken.i like ur guts jare
Re: 6,006 Nigerians Win 2010 Us Dv Lottery by koolchicco: 1:20pm On Oct 08, 2009
ezego_1:

Ezego why u dey spoil my language like that na? grin

TUFIAKWA!
Re: 6,006 Nigerians Win 2010 Us Dv Lottery by omar22(m): 1:22pm On Oct 08, 2009

I believe they would have the right to work anywhere, so it doesnt have to be dirty roles
Re: 6,006 Nigerians Win 2010 Us Dv Lottery by Vavavoom(m): 1:26pm On Oct 08, 2009
martinosi:

DONT BE DAFT, DO U THINK THE 6000 PLUS PEOPLE THAT WON DONT HAVE DEGREE'S OR EVEN POS-GRADUATE DEGREES THEY ARE ALL HIGHLY TRAINED NIGERIANS THAT THE US GOVE WHATS TO GIVE TO COMPANIES
AT A RATE OR SAY 20% BELOW THEIR EQIVALENT GRADUATES IN THE USA!!!

Not daft Martinosi, only needing an allay of my fears. In an economy that is losing jobs more than it is creating is it wrong to ask about the acquired skills of the Nigerians going over? For all I know new technologies are needed to create lost jobs and get the economy back on track, how will my 9ja bros and sis dem fair and fit in in the coming reshuffle of things. Give to what companies? The ones folding or needing reviving?
And it will be helpful if we can answer another's question without resorting to the usual name-calling in the absence of anything useful to say.
Not every thing US must be shoved down our throats.
Re: 6,006 Nigerians Win 2010 Us Dv Lottery by Hercules75(m): 1:27pm On Oct 08, 2009
Wetin dem dey fine go US, if Naija dey good, wetin person for fine go. Pray they will be given the treatment they expect to see in Nigeria
Re: 6,006 Nigerians Win 2010 Us Dv Lottery by kalabi: 1:37pm On Oct 08, 2009
is it not better to do a dirty job in foreign land and get better value for your pay then to stay in Nigeria doing better job and u r being paid 10k, 15k,20k as a graduate?.

and at the end of the day more than 50% of the money will go for your transportation.

so, what are w saying? the best brain from all the universities are roting a way, so if they get better offer abroad , they should stay abi?

if i get a better offer in abroad even doing dirty job as u say, i prefer it to wasting my time siting down in an office in Nigeria at the end of 30days collecting  50k after 7 years of experience.

No future for common man pikin in this country. if i see any opportunity i will run and keep my certificate and go work with my hand and get paid with hard currency.
Re: 6,006 Nigerians Win 2010 Us Dv Lottery by MUNEER2(m): 1:43pm On Oct 08, 2009
Na wa o, every country want go U.S.A. shocked
Re: 6,006 Nigerians Win 2010 Us Dv Lottery by Uchek(m): 1:46pm On Oct 08, 2009
Funny how people say America is suffering because of 10% unemployment rate when my country Nigeria has over 60% unemployment rate for the past 20 years.

Even the rogues politicians and public office holders who have destroyed Nigeria don't spend 6 months consecutively in Nigeria. They travel abroad to refresh and rejuvenate with our stolen money. If Nigeria was so good why don't they remain here 365 days in  a year.

1 Like

Re: 6,006 Nigerians Win 2010 Us Dv Lottery by BlueMagic2(m): 1:59pm On Oct 08, 2009
eina:

. I don't why & how people can be so ignorant at this time and age, with internet and all that. Well eina i am 1 of the lucky winners and i will be off to God's own country soon. So eina here's wishing u all the best in Hell on earth Naija!
Re: 6,006 Nigerians Win 2010 Us Dv Lottery by dfanthom(m): 2:05pm On Oct 08, 2009
NA ME BE NEXT!

CAN'T WAIT. . . . . .

Yankee here I come, the next best thing after Obama!

meanwhile NairaLanders, wher's the best place to apply from? Cybercafe or from one's personal system?
grin
Re: 6,006 Nigerians Win 2010 Us Dv Lottery by Vavavoom(m): 2:10pm On Oct 08, 2009
Whoever is on their way out, am just saying keep your expectations realistic and work to better yourself. Competition for employment places won't be easy as good ol' USA is on the path to recovery. Keep that in mind and do your home country proud.
Re: 6,006 Nigerians Win 2010 Us Dv Lottery by galatico(m): 2:16pm On Oct 08, 2009
So how would you know if you are part of the winners?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

FG To Review Air Agreements With UK, Others Over 'Unacceptable Treatments' / 4 Reasons Why You Should Not Travel At Night This Yuletide / How Many Countries & States In Nigeria Have You Been To?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.