Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,712 members, 7,802,157 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:03 AM

Looking Unto Jesus - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Looking Unto Jesus (398 Views)

What Sins Are Unto Death And Not Unto Death? / Glory Unto A **** God! / PROPHECY- Unto Russia I Write, Land Of End-times Sin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Looking Unto Jesus by Nobody: 9:14pm On Sep 11, 2016
We live in such a world where evil abound, and this has cause people to pursue and rely on different (strange) gods with the hope of finding assurance and security of life. But (Psalms 121:1 KJV) says "I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help." 121:2 "My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth."

Man is always quick to help himself even when he cannot ,this is why many have gone seeking help from the wrong source .Philippians 4:6 says "Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."

People find it very easy to rely/trust in someone that they can see : this is where some Christians get it wrong. They rely more on the flesh and the world which is not suppose to be so. 2 Corinthians 5:7 says " For we live by faith ,not by sight." This is at the core of our sojourn as Christians on earth. There are times where you will pray , your answers won't be deliver to you immediately; at that point you need not to weary in faith , you need to be patient .Hebrews 6:11 And we desire that every one of you do shew the same diligence to the full assurance of hope unto the end:
6:12 That ye be not slothful, but followers of them who through faith and patience inherit the promises.

There are very reasons for you to believe and hold unto God. First, the heaven which is above and earth with all it's beauty are the hand made of the Lord (Genesis 1:1). Numbers 23:19 says "God is not human, that he should lie ,not a human being, that he should change his mind. Does he speak and then not act? Does he promise and not fulfill?"

Whatever it is, you are going through; He has your back. He will never leave you nor for sake you. Matt.28:20 says" And teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

In conclusion, Hebrews 12:1-2 says "Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God."
Isaiah 40:31 But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

Written by Confidence Ishaka.
Re: Looking Unto Jesus by Nobody: 4:04am On Sep 12, 2016
?
Re: Looking Unto Jesus by Nobody: 4:06am On Sep 12, 2016
Afonjas:
Jesus is an asshole

Trust me ,you are talking about the wrong Jesus.
Re: Looking Unto Jesus by easterwick(m): 7:28am On Sep 12, 2016
Ishakacjokpa:

Trust me ,you are talking about the wrong Jesus.
yes the false christ apostle paul while cant you read the epistle of paul very well he was not certain he is not straight forward giving instructions like christ where as he didnt even learn from christ how can the sheep listen to him, me i will flee at this remaining hour.
Re: Looking Unto Jesus by Nobody: 9:36pm On Sep 22, 2016
(2 Corinthians 11:4 KJV) For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

(1) (Reply)

Most Don't Know What We're Saying During Burial Prayer (Janaaza) (Photo) / Nigerian Churches And LOVE For OFFERING / OPEN HEAVEN Devotional(thur. 29/09/2016)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.