Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,945 members, 7,803,105 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 09:17 AM

Rivers APC to Wike: Pay Teachers Salary,Stop Wastin Rivers Money on Edo Election - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers APC to Wike: Pay Teachers Salary,Stop Wastin Rivers Money on Edo Election (10879 Views)

The Dismissed Police Officers Attached To Wike (Photos) / APC To Wike: Return The N2bn Rivers Money You Donated To Ondo State PDP / Witches And Wizards Speak On Edo Governorship Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rivers APC to Wike: Pay Teachers Salary,Stop Wastin Rivers Money on Edo Election by Nobody: 9:34pm On Sep 11, 2016

by Bisi Olaniyi, September 11, 2016

•I gave Ize-Iyamu only moral support – Wike
•No, you also gave material, financial support to PDP candidate – APC

Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers State and the state’s chapter of the All Progressives Congress (APC) are locked in a bicker over his support for the Edo State governorship candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu.

Wike dismissed reports that he backed Ize-Iyamu with a N2 billion donation, saying all he gave was moral support.

He vowed to continue to support democratic forces, not just in the Niger Delta, but across Nigeria, to bring better life to people of the country.

But the APC in the state said Wike has been a pillar of financial backing for Ize-Iyamu.

The Rivers Commissioner for Information and Communications, Dr. Austin Tam-George, speaking for his principal said Wike had no N2 billion to give the PDP candidate.

He also denied allegation by Governor Adams Oshiomhole of Edo State that Wike and his Delta State counterpart, Ifeanyi Okowa, were mobilising militants to rig the September 28 election for the PDP candidate.

Tam-George said: “Governor Wike has no links with militants in the region and anywhere else in the country. He (Wike) has only given moral support to the PDP candidate in Edo State to overcome the ineptitude and dysfunction the APC imposed on the people.”

Wike asked the people of Edo State to stand firm in defence of their sovereign right by voting for the PDP in the election.

However, the APC Publicity Secretary in Rivers, Chris Finebone, told The Nation yesterday that Ize-Iyamu has been receiving massive financial support from Wike.

He said: “Wike should, for once, be courageous to accept that he also gave material and financial support to the Edo PDP’s governorship candidate (Ize-Iyamu), as charged by Governor Adams Oshiomhole.

“We all know that Wike is still on his schizophrenic delusion of grandeur. It is this same obscene pursuit of his that sent the PDP to its present life-support situation. Happily, some of his own people are now cutting him to size.

“The APC in Rivers State believes that Wike mobilized and exported militants and hoodlums to Edo State to rig the September 10 election and he will repeat the same on September 28, 2016 (new date for the governorship poll). Security agents and Edo people must be vigilant.

“We have informed him (Wike) that since all his (Wike’s) government can export is militancy, election-rigging and violence, he should tell Rivers people how much inflow that will bring, to improve the economy of Rivers State.

“The Rivers State governor should halt his ego trip and conserve funds to pay teachers outstanding seven months salaries, pay pensioners their nine months pensions, close to one year outstanding wages to Rivers State House of Assembly legislative aides and others who are already dying every now and then.”

http://thenationonlineng.net/edo-election-wike-apc-bicker-support-pdps-ize-iyamu/

4 Likes

Re: Rivers APC to Wike: Pay Teachers Salary,Stop Wastin Rivers Money on Edo Election by agwom(m): 9:36pm On Sep 11, 2016
up PDP!

8 Likes

Re: Rivers APC to Wike: Pay Teachers Salary,Stop Wastin Rivers Money on Edo Election by Nobody: 9:38pm On Sep 11, 2016
INCOMING OBA OF BENIN ENDORSED OBASEKI INDIRECTLY

Oba of Benin told dangote that Oshiomole did well in edo state. He says Oshiomole assures him obaseki will perform better than him

The Edaiken N’ Uselu and Crown Prince of Benin Kingdom, HRH Prince Eheneden Erediauwa says Governor Adams Oshiomhole of Edo State has made giant strides in infrastructural development and has laid a solid foundation in the State for incoming governors to build upon.

Speaking while receiving the President and Chief Executive Officer, Dangote Group, Alhaji Aliko Dangote in the company of Governor Adams Oshiomhole and former Ekiti Governor, Niyi Adebayo at the Edaiken’s Palace, Benin City, Wednesday, the Crown Prince said, “We thank God and our ancestors for giving us our able governor. I told the President that I have always said that he has tried in Edo State. I am also sure that he is reaping the reward of his efforts in Edo State. He has tried, and we pray that whoever comes in next should try harder to do better.

He has assured us that if it is his candidate that comes in, the candidate will do better than himself. What our governor did is a feat that nobody believed would have been possible considering that he was in the opposition. At the time he came in, he was in the opposition party, and he was not getting attention at that time from the federal. He struggled to generate revenue from within and he used his wisdom. We pray that God should give him more wisdom. My prayer to him is that, as it has always been, he should sail on and on his tenure without blemish to the end successfully. And that still remains our prayer until he hands over the mantle of leadership, and we pray that the next governor should learn from what the Governor has done.”

He continued, “This city used to be described as an ancient kingdom, referring to that ancient city literarily speaking as if it was looking ancient because it was dilapidated. No light and we were in the dark. He is the first governor that has come and he lit up the place. Why can’t one but commend the state Governor for a job well done, since he has laid a serious foundation for other governors to build on?”
The Crown Prince further said, “Our request to you is that wherever we need something from the Federal level, you should assist our dear Governor to actualize what our request is to Mr. President.

We hope that one day, we will have the opportunity of benefitting from that. So, I would like to request on behalf of our chiefs, the Benin people that you keep on representing us at the federal level, assisting the Governor who has done marvelously well. We also like Alhaji to support our efforts to promote tourism in the state. One of the programmes I have by the grace of God is to promote tourism immensely. My pet project is free trade zone at Gelegele, and I have always been passionate about that. So, I have to quickly mention it.”

Responding, the President and Chief Executive, Dangote Group, Alhaji Aliko Dangote said, “I join millions of Nigerians and indeed the entire black race to congratulate you on the occasion of your ascension on to the seat of Oba of the ancient kingdom of Benin, one of Africa’s most revered and historical dynasties. I feel humbled and highly honoured to be invited to the occasion as one of the special guests. We have no doubt that you will build on the solid foundation laid by your forefathers. We all look forward to contributing our quota to the continuous growth and prosperity of the Benin kingdom during your reign. We pray the good Lord to give you the good health, long life and wisdom for a long peaceful and prosperous reign as Oba of Benin Kingdom.”

According to Dangote, “It’s always been a great pleasure for me to come personally and pay you a courtesy call. It is not even now; we have tried and tried to fix an appointment. There was a day even before that day for me to come and commiserate with you on the passing of our dear father. It is not only a loss to the entire Benin kingdom, but both Nigeria and beyond Nigeria, because he served Nigeria and he was a very peaceful person. And we pray to Almighty God to bless his soul.”

Dangote said, “I would like to personally commiserate with you and also to congratulate you for being the next Oba. I have no doubt, your royal majesty you will not only improve and also take Benin kingdom to the next level; I know that it will be felt all over Nigeria. With your exposure being an ambassador, knowing what has been happening all over the Western world, you will apply it here. We will continue to support your Royal Majesty. Right now, I know that with you, even though he is finishing his term in few days, with him and our new Oba, Benin will become a place where people will come from other places and look for jobs. This is actually a place that God has blessed. I was telling the Governor yesterday, creating jobs in Benin is not a difficult task.”

He added, “Governor Adams has actually done very well. People that have not been to Benin for the past ten years, if they visit Benin they will know there has been a real change, and I really congratulate Adams for doing his best bringing this state to this level. Today, I am more than happy that you are the next Oba of Benin. I congratulate you, and I want to assure you of my personal continuous support for this kingdom under your leadership. I will personally come back.”

Speaking earlier, Governor Adams Oshiomhole who accompanied Alhaji Aliko Dangote to the Edaiken Palace said, “Your Royal Highness, you remember I mentioned to you two months ago that I secured a date for Alhaji Aliko Dangote to come and visit you, to come and condole with you and the people of this kingdom. But then he took off from Lagos, and at Benin Airport there was no landing aid and that visit was aborted. It has been his desire to come to still commensurate with you, but this time to congratulate you on your formal installation as the Edaiken N’ Uselu. He has received your letter concerning the grand reception that we are all working for, God willing on the 26th of this month.”
Oshiomhole further said, “People refer to him in other terms, but I describe him in the way that I know him.

I describe him as the Africa’s most hardworking entrepreneur. It is that spirit of hard work that should inspire Nigerians, not the outcome of the hard work. So, in your palace this morning is Africa’s most resourceful entrepreneur.”

http://www.nigerianobservernews.com/2016/09/oshiomhole-has-laid-a-solid-foundation-in-edo-benin-crown-prince/

Note: The Nigerian Observer is a daily newspaper published in Benin City, Edo State, Nigeria, since 1968 by the Bendel Newspapers Company Limited (BNCL).

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers APC to Wike: Pay Teachers Salary,Stop Wastin Rivers Money on Edo Election by mjames: 9:40pm On Sep 11, 2016
Serious
Re: Rivers APC to Wike: Pay Teachers Salary,Stop Wastin Rivers Money on Edo Election by 3sexy: 9:45pm On Sep 11, 2016
I dreamt Buhari died and I woke up feeling very happy, I went straight to my TV to check if there is any BREAKING NEWS

Click like if u want my dream to come true , click share if u want my dream to come true TODAY grin

31 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Rivers APC to Wike: Pay Teachers Salary,Stop Wastin Rivers Money on Edo Election by Dcomrade(m): 9:54pm On Sep 11, 2016
When it is election time or they have election court cases they will remember to carry out good governance and provide dividends of democracy.
Useless Leaders. undecided

1 Like

Re: Rivers APC to Wike: Pay Teachers Salary,Stop Wastin Rivers Money on Edo Election by leofab(f): 10:31pm On Sep 11, 2016
Truth
Re: Rivers APC to Wike: Pay Teachers Salary,Stop Wastin Rivers Money on Edo Election by NextGovernor(m): 11:11pm On Sep 11, 2016
Rivers APC is one of the most stupidest of APC branches. Amaechi is one of the people that place us in the problem we are facing today in Nigeria by spending all the River state reserve on fruitless Buhari......

Irrespective of Wike has his own shortcoming, APC is not in the right position to criticise any state government in this country right now because they themselves are total failure to the whole Nation.

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Rivers APC to Wike: Pay Teachers Salary,Stop Wastin Rivers Money on Edo Election by Nobody: 12:33am On Sep 12, 2016
NextGovernor:
Rivers APC is one of the most stupidest of APC branches. Amaechi is one of the people that place us in the problem we are facing today in Nigeria by spending all the River state reserve on fruitless Buhari......
Irrespective of Wike has his own shortcoming, APC is not in the right position to criticise any state government in this country right now because they themselves are total failure to the whole Nation.

Mr man, u forget how rivers PDP made d state ungovernable for ameachi....Dat is not even my iss....U want an opposition party to keep quiet when the state governor is owing salary for 6 months after even taking bail out fund from fg but have the fund to suspor several PDP conventions and support Edo PDP candidate with billions. Don't come here and type nonsense because you support a party, try and be rational.

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Rivers APC to Wike: Pay Teachers Salary,Stop Wastin Rivers Money on Edo Election by blithe2nice(m): 5:31am On Sep 12, 2016
giftnwala:

Mr man, u forget how rivers PDP made d state ungovernable for ameachi....Dat is not even my iss....U want an opposition party to keep quiet when the state governor is owing salary for 6 months after even taking bail out fund from fg but have the fund to suspor several PDP conventions and support Edo PDP candidate with billions. Don't come here and type nonsense because you support a party, try and be rational.
. You wanna start beef because of these good for nothing polithieficians? Didn't you see GEJ and PMB after the state meeting last 2weeks now? After I saw them laughing ,I decided that I will never war with anybody arguing political matters again. My guy learn please...They don't care about you or even know you.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers APC to Wike: Pay Teachers Salary,Stop Wastin Rivers Money on Edo Election by Nobody: 6:43am On Sep 12, 2016
blithe2nice:
. You wanna start beef because of these good for nothing polithieficians? Didn't you see GEJ and PMB after the state meeting last 2weeks now? After I saw them laughing ,I decided that I will never war with anybody arguing political matters again. My guy learn please...They don't care about you or even know you.
hmmm
Re: Rivers APC to Wike: Pay Teachers Salary,Stop Wastin Rivers Money on Edo Election by Boleyndynasty2(f): 6:59am On Sep 12, 2016
My own is wike doesn't have any reason not to pay workers So if his owing them then he should pay up

4 Likes

Re: Rivers APC to Wike: Pay Teachers Salary,Stop Wastin Rivers Money on Edo Election by Zico5(m): 8:19am On Sep 12, 2016
So wike can't pay the salary with all the resources at his disposal which is at par with lagos state. I have said it, a vote for PDP is more money for the few privileges. PDP have nothing to deliver bu just to rape our resources. Then I imagine how Edo will be in few months time when the sponsors begin to get interest on their investments.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers APC to Wike: Pay Teachers Salary,Stop Wastin Rivers Money on Edo Election by Ziggyblaze: 8:21am On Sep 12, 2016
3sexy:
I dreamt Buhari died and I woke up feeling very happy, I went straight to my TV to check if there is any BREAKING NEWS

Click like if u want my dream to come true , click share if u want my dream to come true TODAY grin
Since that is ur dream, may your dream Com true for ur family members too, amen.

13 Likes

Re: Rivers APC to Wike: Pay Teachers Salary,Stop Wastin Rivers Money on Edo Election by Nobody: 8:21am On Sep 12, 2016
pot calling kettle black..

Has APC delivered in it's own promise too..

Abi, what's baba doing in Edo too?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers APC to Wike: Pay Teachers Salary,Stop Wastin Rivers Money on Edo Election by phemmyutd(m): 8:22am On Sep 12, 2016
TheDEVlLHimseIf:
Trash
This is exactly how your type react when ever been confronted with facts.

4 Likes

Re: Rivers APC to Wike: Pay Teachers Salary,Stop Wastin Rivers Money on Edo Election by OlivetBen(m): 8:22am On Sep 12, 2016
giftnwala:

And u forgot how APC made Jonathans government ungovernable

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers APC to Wike: Pay Teachers Salary,Stop Wastin Rivers Money on Edo Election by mrvitalis(m): 8:23am On Sep 12, 2016
This man is really the type of politician Nigerians like.. Decive them.. Eat there money they will praise u.. . Ride on sir

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers APC to Wike: Pay Teachers Salary,Stop Wastin Rivers Money on Edo Election by narttis1: 8:25am On Sep 12, 2016
3sexy:

Is your father still alive?

9 Likes

Re: Rivers APC to Wike: Pay Teachers Salary,Stop Wastin Rivers Money on Edo Election by MrPetex(m): 8:27am On Sep 12, 2016
who cares
Re: Rivers APC to Wike: Pay Teachers Salary,Stop Wastin Rivers Money on Edo Election by edgyslim: 8:29am On Sep 12, 2016
3sexy:

Wishing someone death is not the way to go. If you have nothing intelligent to say, then

3 Likes

Re: Rivers APC to Wike: Pay Teachers Salary,Stop Wastin Rivers Money on Edo Election by pheyikemi: 8:32am On Sep 12, 2016
How I wish Rivers APC could help us remind the one here in osun to pay up workers salaries angry

2 Likes

Re: Rivers APC to Wike: Pay Teachers Salary,Stop Wastin Rivers Money on Edo Election by trexglox(f): 8:33am On Sep 12, 2016
wike pls pay me my salary.. I don't care if u even want to sponsor Donald trump..

2 Likes

Re: Rivers APC to Wike: Pay Teachers Salary,Stop Wastin Rivers Money on Edo Election by duni04(m): 8:37am On Sep 12, 2016
3sexy:

Buhari will live longer than u....e sure me die!

4 Likes

Re: Rivers APC to Wike: Pay Teachers Salary,Stop Wastin Rivers Money on Edo Election by FunkyMetahuman: 8:39am On Sep 12, 2016
NextGovernor:

rivers people rejected amaechi for the same baseless accusation but now you want them to hail wike

hypocrite

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers APC to Wike: Pay Teachers Salary,Stop Wastin Rivers Money on Edo Election by TeamSimple(m): 8:39am On Sep 12, 2016
3sexy:

Buhari's death wont even help you and your likes miserable life.

5 Likes

Re: Rivers APC to Wike: Pay Teachers Salary,Stop Wastin Rivers Money on Edo Election by dadebayo1(m): 8:41am On Sep 12, 2016
Bunch of hypocrites... You are all the same, PDP or APC you are both blood sucking demons deceiving Nigerians... Apc should tell Apc states to pay workers too.. My state is an apc state owing five months salary and I have not heard apc calling for the governors head... Yeye politicians...

1 Like

Re: Rivers APC to Wike: Pay Teachers Salary,Stop Wastin Rivers Money on Edo Election by flokii: 8:46am On Sep 12, 2016
Same thing will happen to Edo if pdp wins.

They will use Edo tax payers money to arrange grand burial ceremony for pdp cheesy

Edo pipu it's continuity or nothing.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Safety Compliance: LASG Seals 6 Lounges And Night Clubs In Ikeja / Tinubu's Current Picture, How True / Interim Report Of Presidential Committee On The Audit Of Defence Equipment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.