Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,570 members, 7,809,081 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:37 PM

New Date For Coronation Of Oba Of Benin Fixed For October 18 Due To Polls Shift - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / New Date For Coronation Of Oba Of Benin Fixed For October 18 Due To Polls Shift (18083 Views)

Coronation Of Godwin Oguyenbo As The Pere Of Olodiama Kingdom Edo Causes Tension / Strange Scenes From Coronation Of Oba In Benin Kingdom. / Prince Eheneden Erediauwa Moves To Uzama Palace For Coronation Ritual (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Date For Coronation Of Oba Of Benin Fixed For October 18 Due To Polls Shift by todaynewsreview: 11:45pm On Sep 11, 2016
Edo Guber Election: Palace Fixes New Date For Coronation Of Oba Of Benin

Sequel to the shift of Edo State governorship election to September 28 by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), the coronation of the new Oba of Benin has been moved to October 18, 2016.

The earlier coronation date, according to Palace sources was fixed with the governorship election date in mind, unfortunately, the Palace was not consulted when a new date for the election was being considered.

The decision to shift the coronation date was taken by the Palace so that the Benins and Edos in general will not be distracted.

According to a competent source, “the fear is that, either the election will distract people from massively participating in the coronation or the coronation would do same to the election. Also, many dignitaries outside the state may not want to come to Benin City for the coronation if it is too close to the election because of security consideration. It was therefore decided that the coronation should be moved forward so that our people can give both events the deserved attention”

Our investigation further revealed that excitement for the coronation is at fever pitch as all hands are on deck to ensure a very successful event.

However, additional costs are being incurred as a result of the postponement. New invitation cards with new the date have to be printed, massive tents that were already being installed at different locations have to be pulled down. Some corporate organisations that have printed event specific banners with dates also have to reprint the banners.

http://www.todaynewsreview.com/p/1343/edo-state-governorship-election-palace-fixes-new-date-for-co

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Date For Coronation Of Oba Of Benin Fixed For October 18 Due To Polls Shift by todaynewsreview: 11:45pm On Sep 11, 2016
Re: New Date For Coronation Of Oba Of Benin Fixed For October 18 Due To Polls Shift by dexpee4life(m): 11:51pm On Sep 11, 2016
A country that encourages LOSSES

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Date For Coronation Of Oba Of Benin Fixed For October 18 Due To Polls Shift by ojmaroni247(m): 11:52pm On Sep 11, 2016
cool I concur,.... Pple have to take part in the coronation.

2 Likes

Re: New Date For Coronation Of Oba Of Benin Fixed For October 18 Due To Polls Shift by OKKO(m): 11:57pm On Sep 11, 2016
Do you know the game of chess? Do you know check mate?
APC is finished!!!

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Date For Coronation Of Oba Of Benin Fixed For October 18 Due To Polls Shift by Opharhe: 3:54am On Sep 12, 2016
Better. Umogun gha tokpe e. Ise!

16 Likes

Re: New Date For Coronation Of Oba Of Benin Fixed For October 18 Due To Polls Shift by Rabiumohd: 3:59am On Sep 12, 2016
Oba otekpe heeeeey

7 Likes

Re: New Date For Coronation Of Oba Of Benin Fixed For October 18 Due To Polls Shift by Nobody: 4:51am On Sep 12, 2016
This is what is called "Check Mate ".
APC has been checkmated, they were clever by half

29 Likes

Re: New Date For Coronation Of Oba Of Benin Fixed For October 18 Due To Polls Shift by todaynewsreview: 9:05am On Sep 12, 2016
ojmaroni247:

sure
Re: New Date For Coronation Of Oba Of Benin Fixed For October 18 Due To Polls Shift by todaynewsreview: 9:06am On Sep 12, 2016
ojmaroni247:

na so
Re: New Date For Coronation Of Oba Of Benin Fixed For October 18 Due To Polls Shift by Sanuzi(m): 11:11am On Sep 12, 2016
isssorait oooo
Re: New Date For Coronation Of Oba Of Benin Fixed For October 18 Due To Polls Shift by Philomath1212: 11:11am On Sep 12, 2016
The rulership game in Nigeria... so funny

1 Like 1 Share

Re: New Date For Coronation Of Oba Of Benin Fixed For October 18 Due To Polls Shift by Eliteklaus(m): 11:11am On Sep 12, 2016
APC again

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Date For Coronation Of Oba Of Benin Fixed For October 18 Due To Polls Shift by Bettylurv(f): 11:11am On Sep 12, 2016
Noted!!!
Re: New Date For Coronation Of Oba Of Benin Fixed For October 18 Due To Polls Shift by publicenemy(m): 11:12am On Sep 12, 2016
The Queen of England is coming. Proper arrangements have to be made.

2 Likes

Re: New Date For Coronation Of Oba Of Benin Fixed For October 18 Due To Polls Shift by kings09(m): 11:12am On Sep 12, 2016
Hmmm. APC.

3 Likes

Re: New Date For Coronation Of Oba Of Benin Fixed For October 18 Due To Polls Shift by DonCortino: 11:12am On Sep 12, 2016
God don catch apc grin

13 Likes

Re: New Date For Coronation Of Oba Of Benin Fixed For October 18 Due To Polls Shift by TIREDOFSEX(f): 11:13am On Sep 12, 2016
as I dey view this thread naim one certain smell dey ooze for my nose....

angry

I no no say the indomie wey I put for fire don burn sad

APC don carry deir bad luck enter my indomie, but God pass dem

19 Likes

Re: New Date For Coronation Of Oba Of Benin Fixed For October 18 Due To Polls Shift by ShySteady(m): 11:13am On Sep 12, 2016
Oya na...
Let the Game of Thrones begin!

1 Like

Re: New Date For Coronation Of Oba Of Benin Fixed For October 18 Due To Polls Shift by akinola107(m): 11:15am On Sep 12, 2016
APC = grin

9 Likes

Re: New Date For Coronation Of Oba Of Benin Fixed For October 18 Due To Polls Shift by Nobody: 11:16am On Sep 12, 2016
manutdrichie:
grin
Oshiomhole and APC are afraid of elections
In 2019 we go hear wii
As GEJ and PDP were last year grin grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Date For Coronation Of Oba Of Benin Fixed For October 18 Due To Polls Shift by manutdrichie(m): 11:16am On Sep 12, 2016
grin
Oshiomhole and APC are afraid of elections
In 2019 we go hear wii

10 Likes

Re: New Date For Coronation Of Oba Of Benin Fixed For October 18 Due To Polls Shift by jide219(m): 11:20am On Sep 12, 2016
Whether it's shifted to December 1st or September 28 what I know is that obaseki is going to win, we the edoite especially from akoko-edo says no to Pastor lucky ize igbinedion

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Date For Coronation Of Oba Of Benin Fixed For October 18 Due To Polls Shift by Young03(m): 11:24am On Sep 12, 2016
I like it
make them no disturb us wit things again
Re: New Date For Coronation Of Oba Of Benin Fixed For October 18 Due To Polls Shift by AleAirHub(m): 11:32am On Sep 12, 2016
Yes oooo my brother
jide219:
Whether it's shifted to December 1st or September 28 what I know is that obaseki is going to win, we the edoite especially from akoko-edo says no to Pastor lucky ize igbinedion

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Date For Coronation Of Oba Of Benin Fixed For October 18 Due To Polls Shift by denko(m): 11:32am On Sep 12, 2016
WHAT IS YOUR VOTING STRENGTH
jide219:

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Date For Coronation Of Oba Of Benin Fixed For October 18 Due To Polls Shift by excelAGR42: 11:34am On Sep 12, 2016
Which Akoko-Edo are you talking about?
You better speak for your self only.
jide219:

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: New Date For Coronation Of Oba Of Benin Fixed For October 18 Due To Polls Shift by manutdrichie(m): 11:35am On Sep 12, 2016
Bolustic:

As GEJ and PDP were last year grin grin grin

But u promised change?
Re: New Date For Coronation Of Oba Of Benin Fixed For October 18 Due To Polls Shift by ChangetheChange: 11:35am On Sep 12, 2016
grin grin grin

God bless our swaggalicious OBA

APC and Oshiomole's plan of rigging and causing voters apathy has been checkmated by this decision by the King makers of Benin kingdom

Pastor Ize Iyamu is our Governor. ...Quote me any day any time

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Date For Coronation Of Oba Of Benin Fixed For October 18 Due To Polls Shift by id911(m): 11:36am On Sep 12, 2016
jide219:

ok. But he was Pastor Ize Oshiomohole when Oshiomohole made him his campaign DG and later SSG! Oshiomohole even said sometimes ago that pastor ize iyamu is the pillar of his administration. It's when oshiomohole and Ize Iyamu had disagreement and are now on opposite side you remember he's now Pastor Ize Igbinedion abi? Politicians dey fool u, u self dey fool yourself join

16 Likes

Re: New Date For Coronation Of Oba Of Benin Fixed For October 18 Due To Polls Shift by emeijeh(m): 11:39am On Sep 12, 2016
Senseless governor didn't put this in mind before shouting for change in date of the election.
We can't wait to kick dem out of government house come Sept. 28th.
This man below has my vote

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Date For Coronation Of Oba Of Benin Fixed For October 18 Due To Polls Shift by Nobody: 11:39am On Sep 12, 2016
k

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Sultan Of Sokoto And Emir Of Kano At Uniabuja’s Convocation / Nigerian Nicknames For Different Countries And Others! / 'I Belong To Every Race' - Oluwo Of Iwo Says As He Rocks Traditional Igbo Attire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.