Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,450 members, 7,808,606 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:12 PM

Nigerian Muslims Mark Eid-el-kabir Amidst Financial Constraints - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Nigerian Muslims Mark Eid-el-kabir Amidst Financial Constraints (6944 Views)

5 Gifts You Can Give To Your Muslim Friends For Eid El Kabir (PHOTOS) / Sallah Cow Forced Into A Small Car Ahead Of Eid-el-Kabir Celebration / Eid-el-kabir: Sultan Of Sokoto Declares September 1st Sallah Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Muslims Mark Eid-el-kabir Amidst Financial Constraints by petmax2020: 12:52pm On Sep 12, 2016
Muslim faithful across Nigeria are celebrating the Eid-el-Kabir, although under financial constraints triggered by economic recession.

Eid-el-Kabir is coming barely two weeks after a report by the National Bureau of Statistics showed that the oil-rich nation’s economy had glided into recession.

The harsh economic tides the nation is in started with the drop in crude oil price and then the resurgence of militant activities in the Niger Delta, dipping the nation’s output by 700,000 barrels per day (bpd) to 1.56 million bpd in the last six months.

Despite the reduced revenue for the nation and some state’s inability to pay salaries due to lowered allocations, the cost of goods are on the increase.
Price of ram has soared with over 80 per cent at a period of economic recession. Many in celebration mood lament the high cost of items needed for the celebration.

Removing The Hardships

They blame the high cost of rams on the economic recession and inflation, with prices soaring by 80 to 100 per cent.

The sellers are also feeling the pinch as their rams are in excess with few buyers.

Amidst the high cost of goods, the government has reiterated its commitment to removing the hardships the country is going through

President Muhammadu Buhari on Sunday congratulated Nigerians, particularly Muslims on the occasion of the Eid-El-Kabir, saluting their steadfastness in spite of the difficult economic times Nigeria is going through.

In a special message to Nigerians, the President said, “the lessons of the Eid are piety and sacrifice and, my dear brothers and sisters, you have exhibited these in equal measure”.

“The present recession is as a result of cumulative effects of worldwide economic downturn and failure in the past to plan and save for difficult times. It is impossible to separate the present from the past to appreciate the extent to which mistakes of the past are affecting everyday life today.

“I assure you that this administration is working round the clock to remove the hardships the country is going through. Rail and road constructions, projects in the housing sector, support for farmers and for small and medium scale industries, youth and women’s empowerment programmes, support for revival of industries are all designed to reinvigorate the economy and enhance living standards of ordinary people.

“We are getting security right. We are stopping corruption in its tracks and we will get the economy right by the Grace of God.

“I enjoin Muslims to live by the dictates of Islam, to keep good relationships with their Christian brothers and sisters and as patriots to maintain the spirit of the Nigerian nation.

“I wish everyone happy holidays,” the President stated.

On his part, the Speaker of the House of Representatives, Honourable Yakubu Dogara, urged Nigerians to never forget to pray for the nation, highlighting that the pains the citizens were undergoing were occasioned by decades of maladministration and the near collapse of a mono product economy.

https://www.channelstv.com/2016/09/12/nigerian-muslims-mark-eid-el-kabir-amidst-financial-constraints/

Re: Nigerian Muslims Mark Eid-el-kabir Amidst Financial Constraints by ever811(m): 12:56pm On Sep 12, 2016
OK......
Re: Nigerian Muslims Mark Eid-el-kabir Amidst Financial Constraints by dominique(f): 1:14pm On Sep 12, 2016
Some people save all year long for this particular festival

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Muslims Mark Eid-el-kabir Amidst Financial Constraints by Toluwani111: 1:24pm On Sep 12, 2016
Gran......gran
Gran......gran
Gran......gran
Gran......gran

Are you there Mr lalasticalala ?
Food don ready o

Re: Nigerian Muslims Mark Eid-el-kabir Amidst Financial Constraints by GossipHeart(m): 3:01pm On Sep 12, 2016
Does it cost millions to celebrate Eid el kabir ??

They just gather in their huts, eat gworo all day and drink Kunu and Brukutu

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Muslims Mark Eid-el-kabir Amidst Financial Constraints by eluquenson(m): 3:01pm On Sep 12, 2016
Ram too costly this year, I pray we don't continue like this, govt need to think outside the box

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Muslims Mark Eid-el-kabir Amidst Financial Constraints by juman(m): 3:02pm On Sep 12, 2016
The useless apc government is too clueless.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Muslims Mark Eid-el-kabir Amidst Financial Constraints by GossipHeart(m): 3:03pm On Sep 12, 2016
eluquenson:
Ram too costly this year, I pray we don't continue like this, govt need to think outside the box

I pray it gets worse
I know the people it will affect
Re: Nigerian Muslims Mark Eid-el-kabir Amidst Financial Constraints by Xbee007(m): 3:13pm On Sep 12, 2016
GossipHeart:

I pray it gets worse
That hatred in your heart will kill u.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Muslims Mark Eid-el-kabir Amidst Financial Constraints by rileyy(m): 3:16pm On Sep 12, 2016
Hold your peace, watch our peace loving Christian bros n sis spew.......saves the link

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Muslims Mark Eid-el-kabir Amidst Financial Constraints by budosky(m): 3:22pm On Sep 12, 2016
Barka de Salah
Re: Nigerian Muslims Mark Eid-el-kabir Amidst Financial Constraints by vedaxcool(m): 3:53pm On Sep 12, 2016
[s]
GossipHeart:

[/s]

You just had to post drunkenness

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Muslims Mark Eid-el-kabir Amidst Financial Constraints by vedaxcool(m): 3:53pm On Sep 12, 2016
Xbee007:
That hatred in your heart will kill u.

ameen
Re: Nigerian Muslims Mark Eid-el-kabir Amidst Financial Constraints by Bimpe29: 5:02pm On Sep 12, 2016
Oh Allah! Make our Lives Fruitful and Beneficial to Islam, Forgive our past, Bless our present, Guide & Protect our Future. Make the Journey of Life easy for us and our family. O Allah! Give the entire Muslim Ummah Peace, Tranquillity & Grant us d best in this world and the Hereafter. Ameen.
Taqobbalallahu minna waminkum.
Eid-Mubarak

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Muslims Mark Eid-el-kabir Amidst Financial Constraints by Babajo82(m): 6:13pm On Sep 12, 2016
GossipHeart:

Re: Nigerian Muslims Mark Eid-el-kabir Amidst Financial Constraints by Babajo82(m): 6:18pm On Sep 12, 2016
GossipHeart:

My brother why the insult if you can't celebrate with Muslims brothers and sisters then why using abusive words.
I am advising you to respect one's religion or opinion so long is within the armpits of law.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Muslims Mark Eid-el-kabir Amidst Financial Constraints by eluquenson(m): 11:53pm On Sep 12, 2016
GossipHeart:

I pray it gets worse
You dey para oh....why nah
Re: Nigerian Muslims Mark Eid-el-kabir Amidst Financial Constraints by Kunlexic(m): 6:36am On Sep 13, 2016
May Allah make tins easy for us
Re: Nigerian Muslims Mark Eid-el-kabir Amidst Financial Constraints by lawalosky(m): 7:19am On Sep 13, 2016
petmax2020:

https://www.channelstv.com/2016/09/12/nigerian-muslims-mark-eid-el-kabir-amidst-financial-constraints/
i cnt even travel to c my parent in yr sallah! Am stl waitn to c change u promise, al i cn guest is makn fake and empty promises, alwys blamin former admnstrtn! mr president we sacrifised our lives to mak sure u attain dat seat! Dnt jst expect us to start eatin grass b4, u start doin wot u no u supos to do! DO SOMETHING MR PRESIDENT!

(1) (Reply)

Part Of Benefits Of Entertaining Your Visitor / Id-el-malud 1430 / Islam The Religion Of Doom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.