Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,572 members, 7,809,087 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:46 PM

Helmet Colours And Categories Of Workers That Wear Them - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Helmet Colours And Categories Of Workers That Wear Them (39699 Views)

Benue State Government To Commence Mock Table Payment Of Workers Salaries / Aero Airline Sacks 60% Of Workers / Fg Increases Salary Of Workers Next Year. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Helmet Colours And Categories Of Workers That Wear Them by Nobody: 8:49am On Sep 13, 2016
Glad to know this.
Re: Helmet Colours And Categories Of Workers That Wear Them by Yinkatolu: 9:24am On Sep 13, 2016
WriteBoy:

People like you are one of the prime examples of what is wrong with our continent. You castigate others for not posting useful content that drives the conversation but you contribute nothing. Shame on you!

How does your quote contribute any meaningful thing to the topic? Anyways I'm just here to have fun and stop taking things too seriously.
Re: Helmet Colours And Categories Of Workers That Wear Them by Strongfaze(m): 9:47am On Sep 13, 2016
Nice educative post in recent times.
I am waiting to see wike and Fayose wearing the grey coloured one when next they go to inspect projects.
Re: Helmet Colours And Categories Of Workers That Wear Them by phoenix90(m): 9:54am On Sep 13, 2016
PNomsule:
Which is she, a laborer?
Cash-moving operator grin grin cheesy
Re: Helmet Colours And Categories Of Workers That Wear Them by missuniverse(f): 5:51am On Sep 14, 2016
there is this feel of joy one gets when he/she gains knowledge on a particular subject...

just learnt this

Thanks for sharing...
Re: Helmet Colours And Categories Of Workers That Wear Them by Topiipii(m): 9:57am On Sep 14, 2016
Luckygurl:

Exactly!
That's what I've observed
And atimes, it also depends on ranking. White hard hat for long term employees, green hard hat for short term employees, white hard hat with a yellow band across it for managers and supervisors.
And if you get to another company, it becomes a different ball game all together.
safetyInspector:
Please there is nothing informative about this, it is rather misinforming. There is no internationally acceptable colour code for safety helmets. Each organization decides the colour code to follow. I have worked in a company the Safety uses white, another company green and currently wearing red in my company. Yes white colour is mostly used by Supervision team, but I have seen some companies with blue, yellow for their supervisors and engineers whereas blue and yellow are used by trade men in another. Shell and LNG is a case study, as at 2007 when I left NLG Bonny Complex, Plant Operators uses Blue helmets and as at then Shell staff were using yellow. There is no law guarding the colour of helmet for any profession, trade or position.
fr3do:
this is not a rule!
the company where I'm attached to, red is for safety and fire
other colours are used by anybody.
Yinkame123:

While i agreed with you that helmet are colour coded for identification purposes, however it is not casted in stone that industries must applied the colour coding to their own system. Similarly, it is not contained in any legislation or standards that the way you listed it should adhere to. The colour coding varies as deem fit by various companies.
I'm not sure if 'colour coding' is applicable in Nigeria yet, that's why I did not indicate the country. I shared the info so that people know that things like this exist, The UK for example uses one.
Re: Helmet Colours And Categories Of Workers That Wear Them by fr3do(m): 3:57pm On Sep 14, 2016
Topiipii:

I'm not sure if 'colour coding' is applicable in Nigeria yet, that's why I did not indicate the country. I shared the info so that people know that things like this exist, The UK for example uses one.

regardless of if it is applicable in the UK, USA or a caucasian utopia
so far it is not applicable in 9ja, it is not universal.
Re: Helmet Colours And Categories Of Workers That Wear Them by Zainey338: 8:17pm On Sep 14, 2016
Hello every one, how are you? smiley
Re: Helmet Colours And Categories Of Workers That Wear Them by Debangis20(m): 8:37pm On Feb 11
Very informative. Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

See How My Ex Boss Rewarded Me For Being Loyal / I Asked For My Promotion And I Got A Transfer / How A Guy Was Fired By One Of The Biggest Oil Companies In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.