Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,909 members, 7,802,954 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:10 AM

Edo People Eager To ‘change The Change’ – Ex-apc Leader - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo People Eager To ‘change The Change’ – Ex-apc Leader (869 Views)

Tinubu’s Title As APC Leader Now A Nickname – Okorie / Tinubu Not More Than State Level APC Leader, Akeredolu Suggests / APC Leader Behind Attacks On Kyari, Daura, Group Alleges (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Edo People Eager To ‘change The Change’ – Ex-apc Leader by kodded(m): 6:46pm On Sep 12, 2016
One of the founding members of the All Progressives
Congress, APC, Chief Tom Ikimi has said the People’s
Democratic Party, PDP, will win the Edo governorship election
resoundingly.
Ikimi, a member of the PDP Board of Trustees spoke
yesterday while addressing newsmen in Benin, the state
capital.
In his reaction to the new date fixed for the elections, he said
the postponement will ensure the people who were already
eager to “change the change” do so en masse.
His words: “There is nothing to fear. The security is good
everywhere. The leadership of our party is equal to the task
and we shall win these elections resoundingly. The level of
winning will be such that APC will not be able to contest the
victory”.
“We are now at the threshold of the election. We brought
Oshiomhole seven and a half years ago and we are now
determined that Oshiomhole should give way for Pastor
Osagie Ize-Iyamu as successor.”

http://dailypost.ng/2016/09/12/edo-people-eager-change-change-ex-apc-leader-ikimi-says-pdp-will-win-poll/

1 Like

Re: Edo People Eager To ‘change The Change’ – Ex-apc Leader by ehnok(m): 6:48pm On Sep 12, 2016
Gradually, they will all realize this whole thin is a scam
Re: Edo People Eager To ‘change The Change’ – Ex-apc Leader by NgeneUkwenu(f): 7:02pm On Sep 12, 2016
The same thing he said about Corrupt Jonathan in 2015....
Re: Edo People Eager To ‘change The Change’ – Ex-apc Leader by Nobody: 7:17pm On Sep 12, 2016
INCOMING OBA OF BENIN ENDORSED OBASEKI INDIRECTLY

Oba of Benin told dangote that Oshiomole did well in edo state. He says Oshiomole assures him obaseki will perform better than him

The Edaiken N’ Uselu and Crown Prince of Benin Kingdom, HRH Prince Eheneden Erediauwa says Governor Adams Oshiomhole of Edo State has made giant strides in infrastructural development and has laid a solid foundation in the State for incoming governors to build upon.

Speaking while receiving the President and Chief Executive Officer, Dangote Group, Alhaji Aliko Dangote in the company of Governor Adams Oshiomhole and former Ekiti Governor, Niyi Adebayo at the Edaiken’s Palace, Benin City, Wednesday, the Crown Prince said, “We thank God and our ancestors for giving us our able governor. I told the President that I have always said that he has tried in Edo State. I am also sure that he is reaping the reward of his efforts in Edo State. He has tried, and we pray that whoever comes in next should try harder to do better.

He has assured us that if it is his candidate that comes in, the candidate will do better than himself. What our governor did is a feat that nobody believed would have been possible considering that he was in the opposition. At the time he came in, he was in the opposition party, and he was not getting attention at that time from the federal. He struggled to generate revenue from within and he used his wisdom. We pray that God should give him more wisdom. My prayer to him is that, as it has always been, he should sail on and on his tenure without blemish to the end successfully. And that still remains our prayer until he hands over the mantle of leadership, and we pray that the next governor should learn from what the Governor has done.”

He continued, “This city used to be described as an ancient kingdom, referring to that ancient city literarily speaking as if it was looking ancient because it was dilapidated. No light and we were in the dark. He is the first governor that has come and he lit up the place. Why can’t one but commend the state Governor for a job well done, since he has laid a serious foundation for other governors to build on?”
The Crown Prince further said, “Our request to you is that wherever we need something from the Federal level, you should assist our dear Governor to actualize what our request is to Mr. President.

We hope that one day, we will have the opportunity of benefitting from that. So, I would like to request on behalf of our chiefs, the Benin people that you keep on representing us at the federal level, assisting the Governor who has done marvelously well. We also like Alhaji to support our efforts to promote tourism in the state. One of the programmes I have by the grace of God is to promote tourism immensely. My pet project is free trade zone at Gelegele, and I have always been passionate about that. So, I have to quickly mention it.”

Responding, the President and Chief Executive, Dangote Group, Alhaji Aliko Dangote said, “I join millions of Nigerians and indeed the entire black race to congratulate you on the occasion of your ascension on to the seat of Oba of the ancient kingdom of Benin, one of Africa’s most revered and historical dynasties. I feel humbled and highly honoured to be invited to the occasion as one of the special guests. We have no doubt that you will build on the solid foundation laid by your forefathers. We all look forward to contributing our quota to the continuous growth and prosperity of the Benin kingdom during your reign. We pray the good Lord to give you the good health, long life and wisdom for a long peaceful and prosperous reign as Oba of Benin Kingdom.”

According to Dangote, “It’s always been a great pleasure for me to come personally and pay you a courtesy call. It is not even now; we have tried and tried to fix an appointment. There was a day even before that day for me to come and commiserate with you on the passing of our dear father. It is not only a loss to the entire Benin kingdom, but both Nigeria and beyond Nigeria, because he served Nigeria and he was a very peaceful person. And we pray to Almighty God to bless his soul.”

Dangote said, “I would like to personally commiserate with you and also to congratulate you for being the next Oba. I have no doubt, your royal majesty you will not only improve and also take Benin kingdom to the next level; I know that it will be felt all over Nigeria. With your exposure being an ambassador, knowing what has been happening all over the Western world, you will apply it here. We will continue to support your Royal Majesty. Right now, I know that with you, even though he is finishing his term in few days, with him and our new Oba, Benin will become a place where people will come from other places and look for jobs. This is actually a place that God has blessed. I was telling the Governor yesterday, creating jobs in Benin is not a difficult task.”

He added, “Governor Adams has actually done very well. People that have not been to Benin for the past ten years, if they visit Benin they will know there has been a real change, and I really congratulate Adams for doing his best bringing this state to this level. Today, I am more than happy that you are the next Oba of Benin. I congratulate you, and I want to assure you of my personal continuous support for this kingdom under your leadership. I will personally come back.”

Speaking earlier, Governor Adams Oshiomhole who accompanied Alhaji Aliko Dangote to the Edaiken Palace said, “Your Royal Highness, you remember I mentioned to you two months ago that I secured a date for Alhaji Aliko Dangote to come and visit you, to come and condole with you and the people of this kingdom. But then he took off from Lagos, and at Benin Airport there was no landing aid and that visit was aborted. It has been his desire to come to still commensurate with you, but this time to congratulate you on your formal installation as the Edaiken N’ Uselu. He has received your letter concerning the grand reception that we are all working for, God willing on the 26th of this month.”
Oshiomhole further said, “People refer to him in other terms, but I describe him in the way that I know him.

I describe him as the Africa’s most hardworking entrepreneur. It is that spirit of hard work that should inspire Nigerians, not the outcome of the hard work. So, in your palace this morning is Africa’s most resourceful entrepreneur.”

http://www.nigerianobservernews.com/2016/09/oshiomhole-has-laid-a-solid-foundation-in-edo-benin-crown-prince/

Note: The Nigerian Observer is a daily newspaper published in Benin City, Edo State, Nigeria, since 1968 by the Bendel Newspapers Company Limited (BNCL).

1 Like

Re: Edo People Eager To ‘change The Change’ – Ex-apc Leader by MrCounselor: 7:20pm On Sep 12, 2016
Was here
Re: Edo People Eager To ‘change The Change’ – Ex-apc Leader by basilo101: 7:29pm On Sep 12, 2016
ibhagab:
INCOMING OBA OF BENIN ENDORSED OBASEKI INDIRECTLY

Oba of Benin told dangote that Oshiomole did well in edo state. He says Oshiomole assures him obaseki will perform better than him

http://www.nigerianobservernews.com/2016/09/oshiomhole-has-laid-a-solid-foundation-in-edo-benin-crown-prince/

Note: The Nigerian Observer is a daily newspaper published in Benin City, Edo State, Nigeria, since 1968 by the Bendel Newspapers Company Limited (BNCL).
Oba of Benin = 1 vote
Ordinary man on the street = 1 vote

4 Likes

Re: Edo People Eager To ‘change The Change’ – Ex-apc Leader by Nobody: 7:52pm On Sep 12, 2016
basilo101:

Oba of Benin = 1 vote
Ordinary man on the street = 1 vote

Oba of Benin will not even vote. But his opinion and endorsement can create thousands of vote.
Re: Edo People Eager To ‘change The Change’ – Ex-apc Leader by tuniski: 7:55pm On Sep 12, 2016
Same fate awaits buhari a resounding rejection come 2019!

(1) (Reply)

Mrs. Buhari Was Spotted Carrying A Hermes Birkin 35cm Porosus Crocodile bag. / See How Much Court Mandated AMCON To Pay Capital Oil / Trending: Buhari, Wife, Others Shun Made-in-nigeria Products

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.