Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,244 members, 7,807,825 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:58 PM

The Joy Of Being Single - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Joy Of Being Single (1431 Views)

Virtuous Joy, Plus-Sized Bride: Never Allow People Take Away Your Joy / Uju Obianujueo: "My Big Boobs Bring Joy And Pain" (Photos) / 6 Quotes Ladies Say To Justify Themselves For Being Single (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Joy Of Being Single by wozniacki(f): 6:50pm On Sep 12, 2016
...There's a certain kind of peace that comes with being single.

If you have a long term dream, this is the time to work hard towards achieving them. You have complete control of yourself. Say no when you don't want something. Say yes if your instincts are strong. Decide whether you want to be liked or admired. Decide if fitting in is more important than finding out what you're doing in a particular place.
If you aren't happy single, you won't be happy taken. Happiness comes from within. The fact that someone else loves you doesn't rescue you from the project of loving yourself.

It is a waste of time being in a relationship with someone you wouldn't marry, oh! Unless Ofcourse you want to be with the few wrong ones. Your life right now shouldn't be spent trying to fall in love or finding a partner. Your life should be filled with spending time finding yourself and building friendships. And maybe one day, you'll meet your soulmate.

If someone should ever say to you
"You're too pretty/handsome to be single"
You should say to them
"No, I'm too pretty/handsome to be lied to, cheated on and played with".

Rock your singlehood, and maybe... Just maybe, God will write your love story....

Read more:
http://www.peacedike.com/2016/09/the-joy-of-singlehood.html?m=1

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Joy Of Being Single by Nobody: 7:08pm On Sep 12, 2016
I hate being single. I just miss the drama sometimes.
Re: The Joy Of Being Single by soberdrunk(m): 7:18pm On Sep 12, 2016
Hahahaha! Op you are suffering from PHBS-- Post Heart Break syndrome and the only cure for it is 'falling in love again", if left 'untreated' for too long PHBS can lead to eternal bitterness or same gender relationships, a 'temporary' treatment for PHBS is a "cold" bottle of beer(its what i use) grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Joy Of Being Single by jashar(f): 7:36pm On Sep 12, 2016
ah won't lie teh yer...

Being single has its perks and downs.

A perk for me is today. I got to stay @ home and do a load of laundry grin.

When I was with someone, I would have had to go out today as per the need to see because we rarely got to see based on work, school, distance.... but today, I was just free and happy.

grin
Re: The Joy Of Being Single by Catalyst4real: 7:53pm On Sep 12, 2016
Bae.
Being single is only dope when you're comparing it to being in a miserable relationship

But when you're in an amazing relationship, where the love is magical, the joy apical and the mutual respect symmetrical. Being single becomes a thing of agony

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Joy Of Being Single by Section8(m): 8:02pm On Sep 12, 2016
Am sure this write up made some women die alone
Re: The Joy Of Being Single by wozniacki(f): 8:12pm On Sep 12, 2016
Section8:
Am sure this write up made some women die alone
I really hope someone gets a message from the article. It isn't for everyone... only if you would read the whole article before jumping into conclusions like a frustrated woman.
No offense tho'

2 Likes

Re: The Joy Of Being Single by Section8(m): 8:15pm On Sep 12, 2016
wozniacki:

I really hope someone gets a message from the article. It isn't for everyone... only if you would read the whole article before jumping into conclusions like a frustrated woman.
No offense tho'
luckily am not a woman and I said some not all so who is jumping in conclusions
Re: The Joy Of Being Single by diplomatvicky(f): 8:39pm On Sep 12, 2016
wozniacki:
...There's a certain kind of peace that comes with being single.

If you have a long term dream, this is the time to work hard towards achieving them. You have complete control of yourself. Say no when you don't want something. Say yes if your instincts are strong. Decide whether you want to be liked or admired. Decide if fitting in is more important than finding out what you're doing in a particular place.
If you aren't happy single, you won't be happy taken. Happiness comes from within. The fact that someone else loves you doesn't rescue you from the project of loving yourself.

It is a waste of time being in a relationship with someone you wouldn't marry, oh! Unless Ofcourse you want to be with the few wrong ones. Your life right now shouldn't be spent trying to fall in love or finding a partner. Your life should be filled with spending time finding yourself and building friendships. And maybe one day, you'll meet your soulmate.

If someone should ever say to you
"You're too pretty/handsome to be single"
You should say to them
"No, I'm too pretty/handsome to be lied to, cheated on and played with".

Rock your singlehood, and maybe... Just maybe, God will write your love story....

Read more:
http://www.peacedike.com/2016/09/the-joy-of-singlehood.html?m=1
nice write up dear..buh rily am tired of being single..want to experience true,sincere and deep love from d heart ..and I pray God grants me such.Amennn.
Re: The Joy Of Being Single by wozniacki(f): 8:53pm On Sep 12, 2016
diplomatvicky:
nice write up dear..buh rily am tired of being single..want to experience true,sincere and deep love from d heart ..and I pray God grants me such.Amennn.

If you find happiness being single, you certain will be happy being in love.
God will grant your heart's desire.

1 Like

Re: The Joy Of Being Single by wozniacki(f): 8:53pm On Sep 12, 2016
diplomatvicky:

If you find happiness being single, you certainly will be happy being in love.
Re: The Joy Of Being Single by xendra: 9:00pm On Sep 12, 2016
you have no idea!!. but don't enjoy it too much not to realise when its time for the next level. and am not talking about age, I mean when you find the right person grin

1 Like

Re: The Joy Of Being Single by wozniacki(f): 9:07pm On Sep 12, 2016
xendra:
you have no idea!!. but don't enjoy it too much not to realise when its time for the next level. and am not talking about age, I mean when you find the right person grin
That's right...

1 Like

Re: The Joy Of Being Single by Nobody: 9:35pm On Sep 12, 2016
It's a beautiful thing and the feeling of freedom is kiss kiss but sometimes ehn, it's BS.

1 Like

Re: The Joy Of Being Single by Brightgem(f): 9:57pm On Sep 14, 2016
wozniacki:

If you find happiness being single, you certain will be happy being in love.
why am I just coming across you for the first time on NL well I was searching for one jerk and stumbled on u, is that ur blog? Loving the articles. yeah one can really enjoy being single in the Moment to pursue a lot of things and live on ur own times, but sooner or later nature will act up.
Re: The Joy Of Being Single by Brightgem(f): 9:59pm On Sep 14, 2016
Catalyst4real:
Bae.
Being single is only dope when you're comparing it to being in a miserable relationship

But when you're in an amazing relationship, where the love is magical, the joy apical and the mutual respect symmetrical. Being single becomes a thing of agony
u get point, u get point Luf can be sweet with the very on point person.
Re: The Joy Of Being Single by wozniacki(f): 10:13pm On Sep 14, 2016
Brightgem:
why am I just coming across you for the first time on NL well I was searching for one jerk and stumbled on u, is that ur blog? Loving the articles. yeah one can really enjoy being single in the Moment to pursue a lot of things and live on ur own times, but sooner or later nature will act up.
Funny @ looking for one jerk... sometimes we find gold while looking for stones. Yeah, that's my blog. Thank you, I'm humbled.

1 Like

Re: The Joy Of Being Single by KINGPINE: 10:38am On Oct 27, 2016
diplomatvicky:

Me too
Re: The Joy Of Being Single by Nobody: 11:26am On Oct 27, 2016
Catalyst4real:
Bae.

All this one u dey yarn na film trick..no offense
Re: The Joy Of Being Single by Cholls(m): 12:06pm On Oct 27, 2016
Jarizod:

All this one u dey yarn na film trick..no offense
my brother you wont understand these from a PIECES point.
Re: The Joy Of Being Single by Nobody: 12:23pm On Oct 27, 2016
Cholls:
my brother you wont understand these from a PIECES point.

pieces care to expatiate?
Re: The Joy Of Being Single by PRESTIGERYHME(f): 3:11pm On Oct 27, 2016
I agree with u OP
Re: The Joy Of Being Single by virtual3xpert: 3:31pm On Oct 27, 2016
I'm tired of being single. It's definitely gone on for too long.

(1) (Reply)

Best S3x Positions For Every joystick Size / Esther’s Diary (+18) / A Guy Used Adele Lyrics To Frustrate A Scammer (hilarious)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.