Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,443 members, 7,781,290 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 11:51 AM

Oh Lord, Why? - Article By Charly Boy - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Oh Lord, Why? - Article By Charly Boy (374 Views)

Ibrahim Magu's Rejection: 'I Just Dey Vex' - By Charly Boy - Must Read / That Andrew Yakubu By Charly Boy (areafada) / Oh LORD!! 7-year-old Boy Lynched In Lagos For Stealing (graphic Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Oh Lord, Why? - Article By Charly Boy by rozayx5(m): 7:18pm On Sep 12, 2016
So many questions dey slap me for face; sometimes my mouth no fit talk sef, na him I turn to Achebe. Why, why, why I dey ask myself.
My people, remember the Change they promised us? Now they are telling us to be the change we want to see. Ha ha ha, the more you look, wayo made easy 101.

But why we dey allow all these rogue behaviour from our leaders?
Even with a collapsing economy, These our yeye leaders are still the biggest African spenders in London. In some shops especially on Oxford street, Many Naijas have turned that street into their own Las Vegas with their loot, even as dollar don high reach and still dey climb. Kai! Why?

Naija reminds me of one "Agbaya" (Yoruba word for old-for-nothing, foolish nonentity), even at the age of 56, still as stupid, with no sense of direction.
56yrs of rubbish and nonsense, even as we the followers are adjudged the happiest people in the world. Ha, suffering and smiling abi?

What do we have to show for all the years of oil boom?
Dilapidated primary, secondary schools, and useless universities where violence and cult reign supreme, where young girls sleep around with their lecturers for grades; hospitals that remind me of mechanic sheds and doctors that are no better than vulcanizers?
From Obasanjo to Jonathan's era, more than $25billion was injected into the power sector, but rats stole and siphoned most of it to their foreign accounts and private pockets. Why?

Our leaders have failed because of selfishness, religious fundamentalism, graft, corruption, indiscipline, impunity, greed, and so on. While they live and enjoy a lavish life, millions of Naijas are deprived of their basic needs of water, light, food, health, education, housing. Yet, the poor remain docile and afraid, waiting for manner from heaven. Oh Lord. Why?

For the full article, kindly visit OH LORD WHY?

instagram- @areafada1
twitter- @areafada1
Re: Oh Lord, Why? - Article By Charly Boy by MrCounselor: 7:20pm On Sep 12, 2016
While they were campaigning Nigerians' hope had soared to the sky,

Believing the next years will be Amazing and Amusing,
That feeling of excitement, how high? That Nigeria be Engrossing and Endearing.
Alas! The old folks were waiting and Watching.
The youngsters were tickling and giggling,
How sweet life would be, free of erratic and idiotic governance.

Were they mistaken?
In less time, the people weren't prepared, yay, it was the Rough Ride!
All from the trusted quarters were high Tide.

Desperation followed Desolation,
Feelings in the land was of forlorn and lovelorn.
Never were they expecting the Frills nor Fuss,

Nigerians started Worrying and Wondering....

[size=15pt] Why??[/size]
[size=17pt] Why?[/size]
[size=15pt] Why[/size]
How did we get here?
Re: Oh Lord, Why? - Article By Charly Boy by agwom(m): 7:21pm On Sep 12, 2016
hmmm

(1) (Reply)

I Get My Inspiration From Women – Solidstar / Captive Lioness Called Emma At The National / Fan To Be Rewarded For Writing Cossy Ojiakor On His Tongue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.