Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,214 members, 7,807,732 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:14 PM

Men Should Not Eat Okro Because Of This - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Men Should Not Eat Okro Because Of This (110210 Views)

Throat Cancer & MouthAction: Why Men Should Use Fingers & Not Tongue - Dr. Mensah / This Is Why You Should Not Eat Snakes / Men, See Why You Should Not Eat “okro” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Men Should Not Eat Okro Because Of This by soul2: 8:27am On Sep 14, 2016
Okro soup is my village soup, I met my fathers and fathers fathers eating eating it and they have children. I never heard of barrenness there o. Abeg stop that o make I no show you my real face o
Re: Men Should Not Eat Okro Because Of This by southernbelle(f): 9:50am On Sep 14, 2016
ahahaha funny comments

On a more serious note, these researchers should carry out extensive researches before exposing the public to their conclusions and findings; in this case now, some say its very bad, others say its bad but not so bad and yet some others are saying it doesn't matter. what to believe?

1 Like

Re: Men Should Not Eat Okro Because Of This by cruzclinton1(m): 10:24am On Sep 14, 2016
Sincere4u:

Herbalist i hail o.

Lol !!!! Omo no dulling,guys need to satisfy their woman o. For u to have a real happy family. Good sex must be involve. But me no be herbalist o
Re: Men Should Not Eat Okro Because Of This by bigman001(m): 10:27am On Sep 14, 2016
nice thread, well that wont stop me from my okro, as a matter of fact i need to weaken my sperm self, afterall God has bless me with kids...
Re: Men Should Not Eat Okro Because Of This by Austinio: 11:33am On Sep 14, 2016
Nonsense post. My grandpa eat m born my father and 14 others and my papa eatm born us. Na organic okro una d talk.
Re: Men Should Not Eat Okro Because Of This by Igbo20(m): 11:37am On Sep 14, 2016
okoro is my papa favourite soup but he still produce. Abeg live ,,matter for martias,it can be tested and prove in china not in my family here where recession is the other of day
Re: Men Should Not Eat Okro Because Of This by lolamitayo: 12:04pm On Sep 14, 2016
Very hard to believe for I have been eating okro since when I don't know. I am three good all round. Super I mean.
Re: Men Should Not Eat Okro Because Of This by olayiwolar1(m): 12:11pm On Sep 14, 2016
I don dey eat Okro since I was born o.

Re: Men Should Not Eat Okro Because Of This by josephmbonu: 9:16pm On Sep 14, 2016
I don't believe in all shirt, okoro weh our fore fore father's thy shop con bone us nd we thy bone thy go. Warn be all this scenically reached all the time.
Tomorrow now them go reached say vegetable thy kill prick
Re: Men Should Not Eat Okro Because Of This by rheidn(m): 7:34pm On May 10, 2017
True

Re: Men Should Not Eat Okro Because Of This by zadene84: 9:11pm On Aug 29, 2017
God help us ooo
Re: Men Should Not Eat Okro Because Of This by Getjamez(m): 4:07pm On Jan 17, 2018
Although, it is very nutritious, studies have shown that it may be dangerous to men as it can cause infertilty. Okro has aunique substance called "GOSSYPOL". Gossypol inhibits sperm production and motility by blocking several enzymews that are highly important in energy metabolism in sperm and sperm producing cells.
Gossypol has been used as a male contraceptive for years in china. some clinical research were conducted in regards the effectiveness of gossypol as a contraceptive in 1986 and 1990 in china and Brazil respectively. The studies showed that gossypol lowered the number and motility of sperms and made small percentage of men infertile permanently.
Gossypol may also cause menstrual irregularity in women. it has also been linked to hypokalemia and also damage to red blood cells leading to heamolytic anaemia.
Conclusively, Okro in higher amount is not recommended in people with following conditions:

Anaemic people
athletes
Infertile men undergoing medical investigation and treatment.
women who complains of irregular menses.
Re: Men Should Not Eat Okro Because Of This by Nuoteda9: 9:54pm On Mar 15, 2018
abbey621:
The quacks are at it again, if I listened to half of you locos I wouldn't be able to eat anything but eggplants(yuck)! Besides we are Africans, the damages of Okra can be corrected with a daily dose of Alomo bitters or other herbs. Life is too short to deprive oneself of delicious ila alasepo grin grin grin

God bless u d moment u mentioned ila alasepo

1 Like

Re: Men Should Not Eat Okro Because Of This by Nobody: 5:19am On May 31, 2019
Playfulness, shade, shapes, spaces – magnificent mate grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

COVID-19 In New York: Hundreds Of Bodies Buried In Mass Grave On Island(Pics) / Could This Be STD Or Bad Immune System? / Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.