Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,693 members, 7,802,019 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:59 AM

Sagging, Is It A Fashion? - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Sagging, Is It A Fashion? (2792 Views)

Man Wearing Pampers And Still Sagging (Photo) / Where Was It Writing That Sagging Is Now A CRIME??? / Sagging Is Disgusting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sagging, Is It A Fashion? by guru01(m): 7:41pm On Oct 08, 2009
HI guys, i'm a person who love sagging.
Is it a fashion, because people complain about it.
Re: Sagging, Is It A Fashion? by MrCrackles(m): 8:03pm On Oct 08, 2009
No it is not fashion, it is a ration!
Re: Sagging, Is It A Fashion? by IgboGirl(f): 8:04pm On Oct 08, 2009
You mean sagging your jeans? No grown man should sag his jeans!
Re: Sagging, Is It A Fashion? by babyx(f): 1:00pm On Oct 09, 2009
I wonder how that sagging jean culture came to being, undecided
Re: Sagging, Is It A Fashion? by iGuru1(m): 12:27am On Oct 10, 2009
@babyx
Why is it that most female don't like sagging, because i see that majority of the replies are from female.

@guru01
Sagging is a fashion, the niggaz style, saggers are people which too much money.
Re: Sagging, Is It A Fashion? by maedan(f): 1:37am On Oct 10, 2009
Sagging fits some people, though it is frowned upon by many. In fact, it might only be popular in the U.S. But if you feel comfortable with it, why care what others think??
Re: Sagging, Is It A Fashion? by estagirl(f): 5:48pm On Oct 10, 2009
This is the history of sagging for all those who don't know it.Sagging is commonly reported in the media as having originated from the prohibition of belts for prisoners. Belts were banned because they could be used to commit suicide by hanging oneself, to strangle others, or as a weapon in fights.
Re: Sagging, Is It A Fashion? by maedan(f): 5:55pm On Oct 10, 2009
^wow, thanks for sharing that, I would never have known there was a valid reason for the "sagging" phenomenon.
Re: Sagging, Is It A Fashion? by mohawkchic(f): 6:08pm On Oct 10, 2009
[size=13pt]~For the "Sagee" it is Fashion!  grin
[img]http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2007/08/30/fashion/30baggy600.1.jpg
[/img]

~It is a Fashion Trend most people feel strongly about. . so strong infact in 2007 a petition to ban Sagging  showing Underwear had some people been arrested & paying fines! A “anti-sagging” or baggy pants law was passed in some states in the USA

"Since June, sagging pants have been against the law in Delcambre, Louisiana, a town of 2,200 that is 80 miles southwest of Baton Rouge. Offenders face a fine of as much as $500 or up to a six-month jail sentence. A law that took effect last month in Mansfield, a town of 5,500 near Shreveport, also mandates a fine or jail time for sagging pants. Similar measures are being considered in Atlanta and New Jersey."

"Since June 11, sagging pants have been against the law in Delcambre, La., a town of 2,231 that is 80 miles southwest of Baton Rouge. The style carries a fine of as much as $500 or up to a six-month sentence"

"An ordinance in Mansfield, a town of 5,496 near Shreveport, subjects offenders to a fine (as much as $150 plus court costs) or jail time (up to 15 days)"

~Read more on here www.nytimes.com/2007/08/30/fashion/30baggy.html

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/7622793.stm     http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,295715,00.html

[img]http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2007/08/30/fashion/30baggy190.5.jpg
[/img]

[/size]
Re: Sagging, Is It A Fashion? by mamagee6(f): 11:06pm On Oct 10, 2009
It's not fashion, it's downright wrong. cool
Re: Sagging, Is It A Fashion? by maedan(f): 2:32am On Oct 11, 2009
@mohawkchic, whose wild idea was it to make sagging an offence angry grin?? So if someone forgets to wear belt and gets caught he'll be fined for "sagging"?? Seriously, come on grin!
Re: Sagging, Is It A Fashion? by mohawkchic(f): 2:46am On Oct 11, 2009
maedan:

@mohawkchic, whose wild idea was it to make sagging an offence angry grin?? So if someone forgets to wear belt and gets caught he'll be fined for "sagging"?? Seriously, come on grin!

[size=13pt]~ cheesy The people who thought of Sagging as "an unacceptable form of expression.” Does beg the question Why has Lady Gaga not been arrested & fined too grin

~"Baggy Jeans" were included in some of the legislation they wanted to pass too!

"Forget to wear belt indeed"!! tongue[/size]
Re: Sagging, Is It A Fashion? by maedan(f): 2:55am On Oct 11, 2009
Lol. But you know that some fellows for some reason just omit to wear belt - not out of any "homeboy" sagging trend. It would be a shame for the innocent ones to be bagged along with the unrepentant "saggers" grin.
Re: Sagging, Is It A Fashion? by mohawkchic(f): 3:06am On Oct 11, 2009
[size=13pt]~Yeah i get what you mean. . .

~I love when some blokes dont wear belts w/ certain trousers/Pants even but its aint the type of Trousers/jeans that shud be hanging w/ one's drouss hanging out grin

~I'm on about fitted Pants/Trousers/Jeans that stays on the hips not down south under the bum cheeks. . .having said that,the only type of sagging i avert my eyes from is the Under-the-ass type,me think the loose fit sag is kwel if one can pull it off. . .taking their age into consideration too![/size]
Re: Sagging, Is It A Fashion? by maedan(f): 3:17am On Oct 11, 2009
Lol @ age consideration grin. Like I once said, it only fits some people. I see young chaps get away with it (white and black) on the streets everyday and pull it off well without being an eyesore (maybe because they wear some kind of cotton briefs and not boxers. The boxers sag is soooo eeew-inspiring tongue grin)

grin grin grin
Re: Sagging, Is It A Fashion? by mohawkchic(f): 3:32am On Oct 11, 2009
[size=13pt]~I'd rather the ones that do get away w/ it than the "eew-i-wud-like-to-rope-your arse-in" ones. . Argh!An "Eeew Moment" i'd rather forget!: I saw this bloke once,he had on Yfronts,had his jeans under his arse,for once i wud rather my eyes were subjected to boxer shorts instead . . grin

~I think its kwel to wear Yfronts if you do the "Label-sag" ie showing off the Designer name/brand of your dross,if you want to do the under-the-you-know-where sag phuleaze do it w/ boxers,a clean one at that! cheesy
[/size]
Re: Sagging, Is It A Fashion? by maedan(f): 3:39am On Oct 11, 2009
Rotfl!! Let me conclude our sagging "discourse" by saying that I have seen some tasteful/respectable sagging(if there's such a thing grin) whereby the wearer displayed two inches or so of his blue cotton briefs cheesy tongue. So you're right, the knee-length sagging level is out of the question; who needs a whole view of some strange guys bottom(clean boxer shorts or no grin) Not me!!! cheesy cheesy grin wink
Re: Sagging, Is It A Fashion? by bluespice(f): 3:44am On Oct 11, 2009
lol the doods in the picture just make me want to reach out n help them pull it up tongue
atleast thats what my mom says when she sees folks with things like that
had to warn her not to give in as im not ready to sleep in a hospital embarassed lipsrsealed
Re: Sagging, Is It A Fashion? by mohawkchic(f): 3:51am On Oct 11, 2009
maedan:

Rotfl!! Let me conclude our sagging "discourse" by saying that I have seen some tasteful/respectable sagging(if there's such a thing grin) whereby the wearer displayed two inches or so of his blue cotton briefs cheesy tongue. So you're right, the knee-length sagging level is out of the question; who needs a whole view of some strange guys bottom(clean boxer shorts or no grin) Not me!!! cheesy cheesy grin wink

[size=13pt]~ grin This one way you even pick colour for the "wearer"  lipsrsealed  wink

~I wudnt disagree there are some "decent" for lack of a better word tongue 2/3rd sagging. .its not just a trend i embrace i suppose. . .prolly b/c of all the negatives coupled w/ some of its "Black" wearers especially! i feel the same about "Hood Wearing" . . . .[/size]
Re: Sagging, Is It A Fashion? by bluespice(f): 3:52am On Oct 11, 2009
mohawkchic:

[size=13pt]~ grin This one way you even pick colour for the "wearer"  lipsrsealed  wink

~I wudnt disagree there are some "decent" for lack of a better word tongue 2/3rd sagging. .its not just a trend i embrace i suppose. . .prolly b/c of all the negatives coupled w/ some of its "Black" wearers especially! i feel the same about "Hood Wearing" . . . .[/size]

oh not hoodies!
i looooooooooooooooooooove hoodies cheesy
Re: Sagging, Is It A Fashion? by mohawkchic(f): 3:54am On Oct 11, 2009
bluespice:

lol the doods in the picture just make me want to reach out n help them pull it up tongue
atleast thats what my mom says when she sees folks with things like that
had to warn her not to give in as im not ready to sleep in a hospital  embarassed lipsrsealed

[size=13pt]~Dont you Just!!

~Even tho the thought of that happening isnit funny,that had me in fits of laffter grin[/size]
Re: Sagging, Is It A Fashion? by chic2pimp(m): 3:55am On Oct 11, 2009
YEP,IT'S FASHION  cool cool cool. I never do it though.

My Mum & Aunt have told me if that ever catch me with my pants below my waist,they'll pull it down to my knees. Can u imagine,those two threatning me @ my age? undecided . Wonders shall never cease.
Re: Sagging, Is It A Fashion? by mohawkchic(f): 4:08am On Oct 11, 2009
bluespice:

oh not hoodies!
i looooooooooooooooooooove hoodies cheesy

[size=13pt]~ cheesy. . .All my trackie's all have hoods. . which i do wear. . . at home! grin My sweaters w/ hoods i leave hanging as it is if i'm out in public doing exercise/walking

~People are banned from wearing Hoodies in shopping malls/stores in the UK!! Sagging Jeans,Hoodies just set off a radar. . .Thats the Negative Misconception i'm on about! What i meant when i said i feel the same way about Hood wearing. . .[/size]
Re: Sagging, Is It A Fashion? by mohawkchic(f): 4:10am On Oct 11, 2009
chic2pimp:

YEP,IT'S FASHION  cool cool cool. I never do it though.

My Mum & Aunt have told me if that ever catch me with my pants below my waist,they'll pull it down to my knees. Can u imagine,those two threatning me @ my age? undecided . Wonders shall never cease.

[size=13pt]~ grin cheesy ~ LWKMD ~[/size]
Re: Sagging, Is It A Fashion? by chic2pimp(m): 4:15am On Oct 11, 2009
mohawkchic:

[size=13pt]~Yeah i get what you mean. . .

~I love when some blokes dont wear belts w/ certain trousers/Pants even but its aint the type of Trousers/jeans that shud be hanging w/ one's drouss hanging out grin

~I'm on about fitted Pants/Trousers/Jeans that stays on the hips not down south under the bum cheeks. . .having said that,the only type of sagging[b] i avert my eyes from is the Under-the-ass type[/b],me think the loose fit sag is kwel if one can pull it off. . .taking their age into consideration too![/size]

maedan link=topic=334678.msg4709952#msg4709952 date=1255228771:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked :oWetin una eyes take reach that area? shocked shocked shocked shocked grin cheesy. Chei Women
Re: Sagging, Is It A Fashion? by maedan(f): 4:24am On Oct 11, 2009
LOL @ mohawkchic----had to state categorically that I actually saw a gentleman ( tongue) who wore those blue briefs showing "the respectable two inches" above his sagging jeans." So no, I wasn't just talking grin. I didn't find the view distasteful at all, in fact it was quite cute tongue. (Eat that, @chic2pimp cool)
Re: Sagging, Is It A Fashion? by mohawkchic(f): 4:29am On Oct 11, 2009
chic2pimp:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked :oWetin una eyes take reach that area? shocked shocked shocked shocked grin cheesy. Chei Women

[size=13pt]~C2P: Eye No Get Boundary!!  tongue
[/size]
Re: Sagging, Is It A Fashion? by maedan(f): 4:34am On Oct 11, 2009
Don't mind that C2P (@mohawkchic, why did you nice his name up like that, he's big-headed enough already!!)
He's turning into a maedan-mohawkchic-police cheesy tongue!!
Re: Sagging, Is It A Fashion? by mohawkchic(f): 4:35am On Oct 11, 2009
maedan:

LOL @ mohawkchic----had to state categorically that I actually saw a gentleman ( tongue) who wore those blue briefs showing "the respectable two inches" above his sagging jeans." So no, I wasn't just talking grin. I didn't find the view distasteful at all, in fact it was quite cute tongue. (Eat that, @chic2pimp cool)

[size=13pt]~Never mind my Banter Maedan  wink kiss[/size]

maedan:

Don't mind that C2P (@mohawkchic, why did you nice his name up like that, he's big-headed enough already!!)

[size=13pt]~True!! cheesy I've offered to introduce him to our friend "Sue Mei". . .[/size]
Re: Sagging, Is It A Fashion? by maedan(f): 4:37am On Oct 11, 2009
Cool, @mohawkchic. You know how we do grin kiss---but let's warn that tormentor C2P. Haba! Ever since BBH, he's been unstoppable grin!!
Re: Sagging, Is It A Fashion? by chic2pimp(m): 4:47am On Oct 11, 2009
mohawkchic:

[size=13pt]~Never mind my Banter Maedan  wink kiss[/size]

[size=13pt]~True!! cheesy I've offered to introduce him to our friend "Sue Mei". . .[/size]
Wahlai u be craze woman true true grin cheesy cheesy.

maedan:

I know you both loff me. I loff you too nah kiss kiss grin

mohawkchic:

[size=13pt]~C2P: Eye No Get Boundary!!  tongue
[/size]

Really? shocked shocked shocked Chei you & your dirty mind sha grin. I bet it is the alcohol keeping you up this late wink cheesy. How many bottles have you had? undecided

maedan:

Cool, @mohawkchic. You know how we do grin kiss---but let's warn that tormentor C2P. Haba! Ever since BBH, he's been unstoppable grin!!
Even if seun ban me gan sef,my ghost will still torment both of you. There is escaping my web. Buhahahahaha cheesy cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Sagging, Is It A Fashion? by iammodel(m): 9:32pm On Oct 11, 2009
i like to sag, but not to the extreme. though most pipo don't like it,but am cool with it.
some guys can sag really crazy to the extent of revealing their dirty boxers.( no hurt feelings intent on any person)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Cheryl Cole's Beehive Hairstyle On My Own Hair / Rukky Sanda Shows Off Curves In Distressed Jeans / Know Your Product: Apple Hair Styling Gel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.