Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,836 members, 7,806,356 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:17 PM

Trump- I Would Shoot Confrontational Iranian Ships if elected. - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Trump- I Would Shoot Confrontational Iranian Ships if elected. (471 Views)

Obama’s Reaction To Donald Trump Pulling Out Of The Iranian Nuclear Deal / Kate Brown, First Lesbian Governor (LGBT) Elected In The U.S.A / Donald Trump: "I Regret Things I Have Said That Caused Pain" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Trump- I Would Shoot Confrontational Iranian Ships if elected. by CSTR2: 3:17pm On Sep 13, 2016
Donald Trump warned that he would order the Navy to open fire on Iranian boats that provoke American ships, days after a high-seas incident that ended peacefully.

When the GOP presidential nominee laid out his plan to modernize the military during a Friday night rally in Pensacola, Fla., he took an aside to address his posture toward Iran.

"With Iran, when they circle our beautiful destroyers with their little boats and they make gestures at our people that they shouldn't be allowed to make, they will be shot out of the water," Trump said to loud cheers.

Rally-goers could be heard shouting "shoot them" as Trump wound up.

This week, the Pentagon said seven Iranian attack boats harassed an American destroyer in the Persian Gulf.

Trump has taken a tough posture on Iran from the beginning of his campaign, slamming the Iran deal as a failure and blasting America's response to a January incident when Iran briefly detained American sailors who accidentally crossed into Iranian waters.

But he wouldn't go as far when discussing another international incident where a Russian fighter flew at a U.S. surveillance airplane.

"Putin laughs, believe me, he laughs at our leaders and takes us to the cleaners again and again," he said. "Yesterday, we had a plane, he had jets circling the plane. They were as close as 10 feet away - taunting us, toying with us - just like Iran."
Trump said earlier in the speech he would try to work with the Russians on fighting terrorism and batted down criticism of too-friendly relation between him and Vladimir Putin.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-i-would-shoot-confrontational-iranian-ships/ar-AAiItNd?ocid=iehp
Re: Trump- I Would Shoot Confrontational Iranian Ships if elected. by Nobody: 3:33pm On Sep 13, 2016
That is what an American President should look like. Not this subtle compromise that has weakened the strength of a nation thereby helping the rise of enemies in the Islamic world

2 Likes

Re: Trump- I Would Shoot Confrontational Iranian Ships if elected. by cckris: 3:50pm On Sep 13, 2016
[size=20pt]God bless you Mr Trump.
[/size]

1 Like

Re: Trump- I Would Shoot Confrontational Iranian Ships if elected. by Onopa(m): 4:10pm On Sep 13, 2016
I can't wait for Trump to take over that office ooo

Obama is weak, he is ineffective and he is not respected

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

At The Launch Of #learninggeneration / Omg! Yemen Air Strike Kills 9 Members Of Same Family Including Children / Breaking: Colombian President Just Won The 2016 Nobel Peace Prize

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.