Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,515 members, 7,808,878 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:30 PM

Spirituality: Who E Don EPP? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Spirituality: Who E Don EPP? (8978 Views)

On Spirituality And Religion: The Dream Of Zaynie / Poor But Silly [spirituality, Bane Of The Poor] / The Experience 2016 – Don Moen, Donnie Mcclurkin & More Arrive In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Spirituality: Who E Don EPP? by plaetton: 1:48pm On Sep 17, 2016
DeepSight:

There cannot even arise the question of psychology without a being to whom that psychology is attached. This is the same way there cannot arise the question of a body without a being to whom that body belongs. That being, as I have shown you, cannot be mere meat.

Lol.

Isn't that the great thing about invisible things ? grin

You can simply attach them to anything, anytime it suites you.
grin. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Spirituality: Who E Don EPP? by DeepSight(m): 1:52pm On Sep 17, 2016
JackBizzle:

I was more interesting when you thought that I was Plaetton?

See how you think?

Oh no, not at all my friend. The moniker Jackbizzle has never meant anything to me. For all I know you are both the same person or not: it is meaningless to me: Plaetton's mind only interests me when he waxes "out of the box" with regard to the history of humanity (e.g: Ancient Aliens) the nature of reality (e.g: It may be an illusion) and such. Otherwise it's really almost as tiring as yours on most subjects. I have no clue whether you are one and the same person or not.
Re: Spirituality: Who E Don EPP? by DeepSight(m): 1:55pm On Sep 17, 2016
plaetton:

Lol.

Isn't that the great thing about invisible things ? grin

You can simply attach them to anything, anytime it suites you.
grin. grin grin

Are you not invisible?
Re: Spirituality: Who E Don EPP? by plaetton: 2:05pm On Sep 17, 2016
DeepSight:

Are you not invisible?

No , wordy sire.
What manner of sorcery do you accuse me of ? shocked

I am surely not.
Re: Spirituality: Who E Don EPP? by DeepSight(m): 2:50pm On Sep 17, 2016
plaetton:

No , wordy sire.
What manner of sorcery do you accuse me of ? shocked

I am surely not.

How therefore is it not possible for a person to see you and know you at once, upon beholding you in the physical?

Contemplate this question carefully and stop giving it shallow thought, absent introspection and settlement:

Are you not therefore invisible?

Indeed, how many times have you seen yourself, much less how many times have you been seen by another person?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Spirituality: Who E Don EPP? by plaetton: 3:01pm On Sep 17, 2016
DeepSight:

How therefore is it not possible for a person to see you and know you at once, upon beholding you in the physical?

Contemplate this question carefully and stop giving it shallow thought, absent introspection and settlement:

Indeed, how many times have you seen yourself, much less how many times have you been seen by another person?

Hhhmm!
These manner of questions doth seem to put me in a mental labyrinth.

I am feeling dizzy just trying to understand them .

Thou art truly a word salad maestro.
grin

I shall leave thy questions to further contemplation when my medication arrives. undecided
Re: Spirituality: Who E Don EPP? by DeepSight(m): 3:43pm On Sep 17, 2016
^^^ I hope you put your sarcasm aside and find the time to introspect the question.
Stay blessed.
Re: Spirituality: Who E Don EPP? by wiegraf: 8:25pm On Sep 17, 2016
Spirituality dey epp some peeps

For instance, when faced with their mortality, one can make up any wishy washy unverifiable claim to make himself feel better. Eg, the soul (whatever that is) floats to a higher plane if the person is good (no doubt the claimant will claim he is one of these good peeps). This way the person can sleep better at night. Pointing out there's no difference between this claim and claiming you are instead bound for Valhalla, if you're a good enough warrior that is, will no doubt land on deaf ears, but mayhaps I digress

Anyways, in other words, it's a placebo. And like all placebos, eg religion, well, they come with their folly.

So yeah, ultimately quite shortsighted smiley

1 Like

Re: Spirituality: Who E Don EPP? by DeepSight(m): 8:48pm On Sep 17, 2016
wiegraf:
Spirituality dey epp some peeps

For instance, when faced with their mortality, one can make up any wishy washy unverifiable claim to make himself feel better. Eg, the soul (whatever that is) floats to a higher plane if the person is good (no doubt the claimant will claim he is one of these good peeps). This way the person can sleep better at night. Pointing out there's no difference between this claim and claiming you are instead bound for Valhalla, if you're a good enough warrior that is, will no doubt land on deaf ears, but mayhaps I digress

Anyways, in other words, it's a placebo. And like all placebos, eg religion, well, they come with their folly.

So yeah, ultimately quite shortsighted smiley

I neither claim to be a good person nor do I believe myself worthy of anything better. But I still stare reality in the face. No placebos bro. Ah well, except my GUINNESS STOUT.
Re: Spirituality: Who E Don EPP? by DeepSight(m): 9:18pm On Sep 17, 2016
wiegraf:
but mayhaps I digress

Just noticed this. Fantastic wordplay. I like.
Re: Spirituality: Who E Don EPP? by wiegraf: 9:50am On Sep 18, 2016
DeepSight:

I neither claim to be a good person nor do I believe myself worthy of anything better. But I still stare reality in the face. No placebos bro. Ah well, except my GUINNESS STOUT.

They used to laugh at me for being skinny, I drank stout, now I'm comically overweight

Stout is no placebo

1 Like

Re: Spirituality: Who E Don EPP? by JackBizzle: 4:10pm On Sep 18, 2016
wiegraf:

They used to laugh at me for being skinny, I drank stout, now I'm comically overweight

Stout is no placebo

In my head, I see you as a skinny caveman.

1 Like

Re: Spirituality: Who E Don EPP? by wiegraf: 9:04pm On Sep 18, 2016
JackBizzle:

In my head, I see you as a skinny caveman.

With the way Buhari is dealing with me, you're not far
off

I miss corruption

2 Likes

Re: Spirituality: Who E Don EPP? by plaetton: 12:00pm On Sep 22, 2016
@ Deepsight.

The article on this link is related to our debates about the tangibility, or should I say, the mathematical corollaries of feelings and emotions.

https://www.rt.com/viral/360226-emotions-mit-research-science/
Re: Spirituality: Who E Don EPP? by GooseBaba: 11:03pm On Sep 22, 2016
Godwin2016:

Jesus love you

And I say this with absolute authority. Your great, great, great grandparents loves you more.. Don't fight it.

1 Like

Re: Spirituality: Who E Don EPP? by GooseBaba: 1:21am On Sep 23, 2016
Who spirituality don epp? A valid question that cannot be quantified, but experienced.

We need to stretch the value of an abstract thought. For example, when I faced a demented hausa muslim guy who was about to spill my guts with his dagger. I felt all manner of emotions from fear, to a sense of appreciation for how clean is dagger was. However, as I felt the sweat dripping down my butt cheeks, I ultimately felt the sense of annoyance which transcended to courage.

I barked at the motherfuvker. Spoke with authority. All the while with a belief that I would be the one to serve death to this coward. I consumed his craze with my initial gra gra. This courage came from knowledge and confidence of self, lineage, heritage which can described as spiritual strong thing.

So yes! Spirituality do epp me...

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Spirituality: Who E Don EPP? by DeepSight(m): 8:45am On Sep 23, 2016
plaetton:
@ Deepsight.

The article on this link is related to our debates about the tangibility, or should I say, the mathematical corollaries of feelings and emotions.

https://www.rt.com/viral/360226-emotions-mit-research-science/

I read the link and I must say I felt a sorry chill of sadness and disappointment in you for citing that link at all in support of what you are trying to say.

Really really disappointing.
Re: Spirituality: Who E Don EPP? by chieveboy(m): 12:30pm On Sep 23, 2016
Mainstream speakers erroneously generalize these terms under same umbrella: Psychicism and Spirituality. People term all supernatural phenomena as Spiritual.

Well, their are psychic stuff and spiritual stuff. A thin line seperates them.
Knowlege of the architecture of the universes aka planes clears the air regarding what is spiritual and what is psychic. The applied manifestation of the Planes indescending order is:

Soul (spiritual)

Mind (psychic)

Body (physical)

Before I leave, Spiritual stuff helps man in every ramification from the most advanced to the most simple or mundane. It is the faculty which acts on the mind which inturn acts on the body for simple things as physical movement to occur...talk about the electronic signals sent to to and fro the brain..

Soul uses the mind to control the body.

In the Astral plane (first heaven) are advanced schools, libraries, laboratories etc with technologies, etc which earth had not yet dreamt of. Famous is the Astral meseum where you find the originals of all inventions on earth and those yet To be made. All inventors had consciously or unconsciously visited this place, and it's where they got their ideas.

The Astral plane is a psychic plane. Regardless of its grandeur and magnificence, it falls as the lowest in order of ascension before reaching the spiritual planes.

Earth (which corresponds to the body) is a rehashing of the psychic plane. It is a shadow copy.

If you go through this write up, perhaps you may see that life on earth or the physical body is not possible without the spiritual.

1 Like

Re: Spirituality: Who E Don EPP? by DeepSight(m): 12:49pm On Sep 23, 2016
chieveboy:
. . . .that life on earth or the physical body is not possible without the spiritual.

I concur, and I really don't know how anyone in their right senses could imagine that it is. Worse than that, attempt to attribute self-awareness the inverse way - i.e: working from physical interactions of particles up to self consciousness rather than the other way round - i.e - soul using mind to control body.

1 Like

Re: Spirituality: Who E Don EPP? by JackBizzle: 5:46am On Sep 24, 2016
DeepSight:

I concur, and I really don't know how anyone in their right senses could imagine that it is. Worse than that, attempt to attribute self-awareness the inverse way - i.e: working from physical interactions of particles up to self consciousness rather than the other way round - i.e - soul using mind to control body.

Word salad. What a shame.

3 Likes

Re: Spirituality: Who E Don EPP? by CAPSLOCKED: 11:56pm On Sep 24, 2016
butterfly88:
grin...yes and no...no because we have refuses to nourish our self appropriately on what spiritualism truly entails we want things on a platter of gold and life was never constructed to be a bed of roses....and until man's understands spirituality/morality he will remain CAPSLOCKED cry...and this plague that has visited Africa will remain there
Re: Spirituality: Who E Don EPP? by plaetton: 3:10pm On Oct 19, 2016
sonofluc1fer:

Babe. cry
You have been AWOL for a while now.

I see now that it takes the appearance of Ishilove to smoke you out of hibernation.
Hhhmm !
grin grin
Re: Spirituality: Who E Don EPP? by sonofluc1fer: 3:14pm On Oct 19, 2016
plaetton:

You have been AWOL for a while now.

I see now that it takes the appearance of Ishilove to smoke you out of hibernation.
Hhhmm !
grin grin
grin grin. I'm good. Sorting out my offline life. Hope you're good.

1 Like

Re: Spirituality: Who E Don EPP? by plaetton: 3:23pm On Oct 19, 2016
sonofluc1fer:

Good to know.

As long as you are on standby for scriptural backup when the need arises. grin

Take care.
Re: Spirituality: Who E Don EPP? by Ishilove: 6:06pm On Oct 19, 2016
sonofluc1fer:

Where on earth have you been?? cheesy
Re: Spirituality: Who E Don EPP? by sonofluc1fer: 7:22am On Oct 20, 2016
Ishilove:

Where on earth have you been?? cheesy
Roaming far and wide. cheesy how body?
Re: Spirituality: Who E Don EPP? by mnwankwo(m): 1:22pm On Oct 20, 2016
@OP. Spirituality is the unfolding of our real self, the living essence in us. Such unfolding leads to self realization and a recognition of who we are, our place in the cosmos and out inter-connectedness with all that exists. Buried in our essence is the unimaginable talent to love without reservation. Spirituality permits this love to unfold, transform it from a talent into ability and then overwhelms us and our near and far environments. This love links us to the invisible power that pulsates in the Universe, the last condensations of this power, you plataeo normally refer to as energies. In the course of this spiritual evolution, the individual will at some point come to the recognition of the source of the power that pulsates in the Universe. Now, giving and receiving love is the basis of spirituality and without it, their is no life, no motion and all is dead. Connection with the vibration of Love (conscious or unconscious to the human brain) is the source and driver of all lasting progress. There is no person that has not at one time or another experienced genuine love. In those moments, your are linked with the the living power that created and maintains all creations and at that moment you can tap into this power and exposed to "infinite" possibilities of progress in all spheres, from simple things as a spontaneous charming smile to your neighbor to the most astonishing scientific invention. The so called Eureka moments on which many scientific inventions spring from, I will argue are not because the inventor has become creative, rather he/she spontaneously tapped from the power of "LOVE". Genuine love is an inherent manifestation of true spirituality. Where there is no love, their is no life, no progress, no motion but a dead, motionless mass of creatures and creations. Stay blessed.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Spirituality: Who E Don EPP? by PastorAIO: 5:28pm On Oct 20, 2016
Oga Mark! I hail o! Long time.

Guess What? I found a copy of In The Light Of Truth. I've started reading it. But small small. I'm reading so many other book as well at present.

I found a metaphor I liked. About a tree at the foot of the mountain of spirituality, and some people have climbed that tree (false religions) and believe that they are advancing spiritually but they are totally unaware of the mountain. Until they fall from the tree before they can realise their error and begin the proper ascent of the mountain.

Recently on NL my motive has been to give those trees a good shake, or even if possible to chop the entire tree down. Lol. For this reason many have concluded that I'm an atheist, but I don't care. I even enjoy it.

Anyway, I just dey hail you.

mnwankwo:
[size=1pt]@OP. Spirituality is the unfolding of our real self, the living essence in us. Such unfolding leads to self realization and a recognition of who we are, our place in the cosmos and out inter-connectedness with all that exists. Buried in our essence is the unimaginable talent to love without reservation. Spirituality permits this love to unfold, transform it from a talent into ability and then overwhelms us and our near and far environments. This love links us to the invisible power that pulsates in the Universe, the last condensations of this power, you plataeo normally refer to as energies. In the course of this spiritual evolution, the individual will at some point come to the recognition of the source of the power that pulsates in the Universe. Now, giving and receiving love is the basis of spirituality and without it, their is no life, no motion and all is dead. Connection with the vibration of Love (conscious or unconscious to the human brain) is the source and driver of all lasting progress. There is no person that has not at one time or another experienced genuine love. In those moments, your are linked with the the living power that created and maintains all creations and at that moment you can tap into this power and exposed to "infinite" possibilities of progress in all spheres, from simple things as a spontaneous charming smile to your neighbor to the most astonishing scientific invention. The so called Eureka moments on which many scientific inventions spring from, I will argue are not because the inventor has become creative, rather he/she spontaneously tapped from the power of "LOVE". Genuine love is an inherent manifestation of true spirituality. Where there is no love, their is no life, no progress, no motion but a dead, motionless mass of creatures and creations. Stay blessed. [/size]

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Spirituality: Who E Don EPP? by PastorAIO: 5:32pm On Oct 20, 2016
sonofluc1fer:

Roaming far and wide. cheesy how body?

cheesy cheesy cheesy

Like fada like son.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Spirituality: Who E Don EPP? by PastorAIO: 5:38pm On Oct 20, 2016
DeepSight:

Look at a car. Look am well well. Now tell me. Do you know the car at once? How fast can it move? What is the mileage on it? What is the boot's capacity? How smooth is the steering wheel?

What? You can't tell these things just by looking at the car at first glance? Is it not therefore obvious and ineluctable and evident ..( and all other such grammar and jedijedi vocabulary you like to throw in at this point) that the car is in fact invisible.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Spirituality: Who E Don EPP? by Nobody: 6:37pm On Oct 20, 2016
mnwankwo:
And here comes the Master Mnwankwo. So happy to read from you!!!
Re: Spirituality: Who E Don EPP? by DeepSight(m): 6:40pm On Oct 20, 2016
PastorAIO:

Look at a car. Look am well well. Now tell me. Do you know the car at once? How fast can it move? What is the mileage on it? What is the boot's capacity? How smooth is the steering wheel?

What? You can't tell these things just by looking at the car at first glance? Is it not therefore obvious and ineluctable and evident ..( and all other such grammar and jedijedi vocabulary you like to throw in at this point) that the car is in fact invisible.

A car is visible just as a body is visible. A car carries a person in the same way as a body carries a person. The person is invisible to the physical eye.

We are all invisible, only rarely does the inner spirit and its inner eye or self genuinely see another person.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Happens When You Keep Sinning And Never Want To Stop / Ancient Biblical Hebrews Were Black People. / Linear Chance?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.