Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,711 members, 7,802,157 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:01 AM

A Bitter True Story Of My Child's Delivery - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Bitter True Story Of My Child's Delivery (22607 Views)

"My Husband's Pride Wants To Ruin Our Home" The True Story / At What Age Should I Open Bank Account For My Child? / I Want To File A Divorce With My Wife And Take Custody Of My Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Bitter True Story Of My Child's Delivery by Dandy1(m): 7:06pm On Sep 13, 2016
Today Tuesday,September, 2016 started like every other day. At dawn about some few minutes past five O' clock, my wife which has been pregnant for 9 months 3weeks woke me up with a moan of pain.I opened my eyes to see her at the entrance to the bathroom. She had gone to pee when she suddenly felt the unbearable pain. I tried all I can to ease her pain,but it persisted. That's when it dawned on us that maybe she is starting to labour. I dashed to the baby room in which all things are already set for the most anticipated arrival, whisked up the box with the needed hospital stuffs,and we were on our way to the hospital within the minute.
We arrived there around some minutes to six, and till around 12:30 PM she was still labouring. I had gone to get various injections for drip two different time within those hours. It's been about seven hours or more, I was starting to worry. Just then I was called upon to come get another batch of supplies for the delivery. Such a strong woman! She has been quiet all along,unlike some other women that have been making awkward noises all around the wards. She had always promised to be strong through it.
The midwives were taking her calmness for loss of strength, they were urging her to cry out. They told me she had to push,that the baby is almost out. I moved closer to her ear and whispered;
"Baby,you are a strong woman please push hard enough. You know prolonged labour might hurt "Boo-Boo"(the pet name for our unborn twin babies) , please we have to take all three of you home alive. She got "gingered" and pushed hard and "Boo" came out. Such a beatiful baby girl! One more to go,that's when I was chased out to leave them to do their job. I went out to wait for the second "boo".
During one of those several scans during pregnancy, the scan attendant had once told us the twins were "sooo identical" according to the analysis. We got more eager to see them soon. I was outside feeling so happy after telling my sisters who were also waiting at d reception that boo is out. They were so happy. Shortly after, I was called upon to come into the ward. There I was shown the second baby. She looked so much like her twin sister,perperhaps as beautiful. Alas she was lifeless.
I cried bitterly inside while I tried to console my wife not to cry as she might hurt herself. But as soon as I got out of there i cried uncontrollably. They were going to be our first babies in our new marriage, though we've been together for about eleven years now( we dated for ten years since school days). We were so happy it will be twins. Her phone had been full of cute twin baby pictures. Whenever she saw any thread on here with twins with people wishing they had twins, she blushes that hers is on the way. Now it is all gone. But we still have our cute little "Boo" to keep.
I feel so down right now, I could use some consolatory comments. What a sweet bitter day!

71 Likes 7 Shares

Re: A Bitter True Story Of My Child's Delivery by Wumnaf(f): 7:27pm On Sep 13, 2016
Congratulations Baba olomo

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Bitter True Story Of My Child's Delivery by danny34(m): 7:35pm On Sep 13, 2016
Dandy1:
Today Tuesday,September, 2016 started like every other day. At dawn about some few minutes past five O' clock, my wife which has been pregnant for 9 months 3weeks woke me up with a moan of pain.I opened my eyes to see her at the entrance to the bathroom. She had gone to pee when she suddenly felt the unbearable pain. I tried all I can to ease her pain,but it persisted. That's when it dawned on us that maybe she is starting to labour. I dashed to the baby room in which all things are already set for the most anticipated arrival, whisked up the box with the needed hospital stuffs,and we were on our way to the hospital within the minute.
We arrived there around some minutes to six, and till around 12:30 PM she was still labouring. I had gone to get various injections for drip two different time within those hours. It's been about seven hours or more, I was starting to worry. Just then I was called upon to come get another batch of supplies for the delivery. Such a strong woman! She has been quiet all along,unlike some other women that have been making awkward noises all around the wards. She had always promised to be strong through it.
The midwives were taking her calmness for loss of strength, they were urging her to cry out. They told me she had to push,that the baby is almost out. I moved closer to her ear and whispered;
"Baby,you are a strong woman please push hard enough. You know prolonged labour might hurt "Boo-Boo"(the pet name for our unborn twin babies) , please we have to take all three of you home alive. She got "gingered" and pushed hard and "Boo" came out. Such a beatiful baby girl! One more to go,that's when I was chased out to leave them to do their job. I went out to wait for the second "boo".
During one of those several scans during pregnancy, the scan attendant had once told us the twins were "sooo identical" according to the analysis. We got more eager to see them soon. I was outside feeling so happy after telling my sisters who were also waiting at d reception that boo is out. They were so happy. Shortly after, I was called upon to come into the ward. There I was shown the second baby. She looked so much like her twin sister,perperhaps as beautiful. Alas she was lifeless.
I cried bitterly inside while I tried to console my wife not to cry as she might hurt herself. But as soon as I got out of there i cried uncontrollably. They were going to be our first babies in our new marriage, though we've been together for about eleven years now( we dated for ten years since school days). We were so happy it will be twins. Her phone had been full of cute twin baby pictures. Whenever she saw any thread on here with twins with people wishing they had twins, she blushes that hers is on the way. Now it is all gone. But we still have our cute little "Boo" to keep.
I feel so down right now, I could use some consolatory comments. What a sweet bitter day!

We can relate with how you are feeling now. But there is a lot for you to be grateful for. Your wife's health, she made it out of labor alive... That the most important thing.... Another twin will come.

Now, your consolation, your boo, that is enough to be grateful for....

Sorry about the dead child.... But once there is life there is hope

45 Likes

Re: A Bitter True Story Of My Child's Delivery by gift3d(f): 7:36pm On Sep 13, 2016
Oh my dear! Do not worry, God will give you another boo boo please be strong for your beautiful boo, you should be happy she made it(it could have been worse) so cheer up dear, if not for anyone but for you beautiful boo she needs to see daddy smiling

13 Likes

Re: A Bitter True Story Of My Child's Delivery by Marvel1206: 7:53pm On Sep 13, 2016
Sorry op for the loss.. I feel for both of you

2 Likes

Re: A Bitter True Story Of My Child's Delivery by Swissheart(f): 8:14pm On Sep 13, 2016
Congratulations Sir. Be greatful and happy about Baby Boo. Stop feeling bad especially for your wife. You are parents to a beautiful baby already.... That's sweet. Other babies will join the family in few years time wink.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Bitter True Story Of My Child's Delivery by fabem(m): 8:26pm On Sep 13, 2016
Dandy1:

I know how you feel but you still have to be grateful that your wife Is alive and the cute boo is also OK. You both just start a life journey and you can still twins as you want. Life is sweet but sometimes complicated. You are a man and been with your wife right now is very important. Congratulations...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Bitter True Story Of My Child's Delivery by dominique(f): 8:32pm On Sep 13, 2016
Congrats on the successful delivery and Sorry about the loss, may God console and comfort you. Boo and her future siblings will grow to be a source of joy and pride to you and in inspiration to her generation.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Bitter True Story Of My Child's Delivery by PresVA: 8:33pm On Sep 13, 2016
It's well sir.. Thank God you have one "boo" to hold on to ... Please be strong. . Another "boo-boo" will come in due time..

Congrats to you and your wife.. God bless your lil boo smiley

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Bitter True Story Of My Child's Delivery by Dandy1(m): 8:37pm On Sep 13, 2016
gift3d:
Oh my dear! Do not worry, God will give you another boo boo please be strong for your beautiful boo, you should be happy she made it(it could have been worse) so cheer up dear, if not for anyone but for you beautiful boo she needs to see daddy smiling

Thanks so much. It hurt more when I went home to get some stuffs in the baby room and saw all those things we bought in pairs. Cots, wardrobe,carriers, baby car seats, and the stroller which my baby just forced me to assemble the second one just yesterday evening. When she said she might give birth anytime soon.
For pregnant people I'd like to give this advice:
It turned out the baby had been dead for over 48 hours before today. For a set of monozygotic twins(sharing same sac),the doctors thought it's a miracle there were no complications. To think we still went for checkup on last week Monday when she felt pain overnight,where the doctor advised to opt for CS that it is safer as against what people think. Especially for multiple births. She said the babies were perfectly grown and were just waiting inside. That they will be fine if delivered right away. But my wife felt she could do it by herself. It's all good though we'll get over it. I'll start deleting those pictures from her phone and dispose of those double things we won't be needing so as to make it go away quick.

13 Likes

Re: A Bitter True Story Of My Child's Delivery by greatgod2012(f): 8:38pm On Sep 13, 2016
Sweet bitter experience indeed!

Well, thank God for the boo you already have and be strong for the sake of your wife and boo.

Another twins will soon come, this is an experience, but next time, especially if it's twins like this or even singleton, you could have opted for CS if the labour is longer than necessary.
To give birth to one sef no easy not to talk of twins, especially after 7 hours of labour.
A stich in time saves nine.

Congratulations and take heart.

#mixedfeeling

20 Likes

Re: A Bitter True Story Of My Child's Delivery by herzern(m): 8:41pm On Sep 13, 2016
I almost cried....

God will console yhu with a triplet years to come....

#AMEN!

7 Likes

Re: A Bitter True Story Of My Child's Delivery by aninexzy(m): 8:41pm On Sep 13, 2016
K
Re: A Bitter True Story Of My Child's Delivery by acehensy: 8:41pm On Sep 13, 2016
Wumnaf:
Congratulations Baba olomo
Re: A Bitter True Story Of My Child's Delivery by olahero(m): 8:42pm On Sep 13, 2016
k
Re: A Bitter True Story Of My Child's Delivery by greatwhite(m): 8:43pm On Sep 13, 2016
The lord would give you a new reason to smile soon. May the entrance of your 'boo' bring your family joy that has no measure. Congratulations bro. God bless you

2 Likes

Re: A Bitter True Story Of My Child's Delivery by JustHere2Observ(f): 8:45pm On Sep 13, 2016
So sorry for your loss but be happy your baby has her own guardian angel looking out for her. Congrats, sending you and your wife hugs and prayers.
Re: A Bitter True Story Of My Child's Delivery by veacea: 8:45pm On Sep 13, 2016
Congratulations all the same. May God grant you strength and joy abundantly.
Re: A Bitter True Story Of My Child's Delivery by Weedcrusher: 8:46pm On Sep 13, 2016
God is your strength brother.....and congrats on the one alive. Tell your wife not to think too much about the lost one, God has a reason beyond human imagination.

God bless your household.
Re: A Bitter True Story Of My Child's Delivery by greatgod2012(f): 8:46pm On Sep 13, 2016
Dandy1:

Thanks so much. It hurt more when I went home to get some stuffs in the baby room and saw all those things we bought in pairs. Cots, wardrobe,carriers, baby car seats, and the stroller which my baby just forced me to assemble the second one just yesterday evening. When she said she might give birth anytime soon.
For pregnant people I'd like to give this advice:
It turned out the baby had been dead for over 48 hours before today. For a set of monozygotic twins(sharing same sac),the doctors thought it's a miracle there were no complications. To think we still went for checkup on last week Monday when she felt pain overnight,where the doctor advised to opt for CS that it is safer as against what people think. Especially for multiple births. She said the babies were perfectly grown and were just waiting inside. That they will be fine if delivered right away. But my wife felt she could do it by herself. It's all good though we'll get over it. I'll start deleting those pictures from her phone and dispose of those double things we won't be needing so as to make it go away quick.

Didn't see this before my first post.

It is well

God will strengthen you and your wife to get over it as soon as possible!

6 Likes

Re: A Bitter True Story Of My Child's Delivery by helovesme(f): 8:47pm On Sep 13, 2016
cry

1 Like

Re: A Bitter True Story Of My Child's Delivery by sisisioge: 8:52pm On Sep 13, 2016
Awwww daddy boo boo, may God console you and mommy boo boo... I sincerely sympathize with u. May you still be blessed with them and may God take care of boo for you. E Pele.

2 Likes

Re: A Bitter True Story Of My Child's Delivery by byvan03: 8:52pm On Sep 13, 2016
Be happy, a woman somewhere went home empty handed after a prolonged labour that ended in CS. More kids will come.

2 Likes

Re: A Bitter True Story Of My Child's Delivery by okoval2(m): 8:52pm On Sep 13, 2016
Congratulations
Re: A Bitter True Story Of My Child's Delivery by GentleGina(f): 8:53pm On Sep 13, 2016
Sorry about d lost, I pray for God's strength in u an ur wife
Re: A Bitter True Story Of My Child's Delivery by olureignforever: 8:54pm On Sep 13, 2016
Congratulations Bro , I can feel your pain cos I have such experience, my first child, twins, I felt like that too. With time I got over it having my girl with me means more than d whole world to me. You have reasons to be grateful.

Part of d words that made me stronger is

Don't give your Boo reason to see that you are unhappy.

The ones that will stay will come Back.

To the medical Practitioners that took her delivery,
I feel like beating them up. That hour of Labour is too long for multiples, they should have opted for plan B.

2 Likes

Re: A Bitter True Story Of My Child's Delivery by Nobody: 8:55pm On Sep 13, 2016
Lol
Re: A Bitter True Story Of My Child's Delivery by MaBuk(f): 8:58pm On Sep 13, 2016
You write as if giving birth abroad with twins is like 500k, do you want the OP to break a bank. People have given birth to triplet here in 9ja and all are alive.
Re: A Bitter True Story Of My Child's Delivery by necosla016(f): 8:59pm On Sep 13, 2016
You have a lot to be grateful for.... Console ur wife and move on. Trust God ur next baby might be the real boo-boo. There's nothing God cannot do.

Welcome sweet baby kiss
Re: A Bitter True Story Of My Child's Delivery by safarigirl(f): 8:59pm On Sep 13, 2016
You for arrange money for the abroad trip, as na water dem dey use pay for visa
Re: A Bitter True Story Of My Child's Delivery by dont8(m): 8:59pm On Sep 13, 2016
Omi lo danu, Ikoko o fo

So sorry bro, another twins are on the way.

We thank God for the life of the mother, God will be with the other baby.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Another Nigerian Girl, Kiahmarah Nwagwu Goes Missing In London [pictured] / Should Married People Have Access To Each-Other’s Phones? / Should A Woman Change Her State Of Origin After Marriage?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.