Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,828 members, 7,806,326 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:48 PM

Arik Air Reportedly Shuts Down Operations - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Arik Air Reportedly Shuts Down Operations (534 Views)

Lion Kills Attendant At Agodi Zoo In Oyo As Government Shuts Down Zoo / Baggage Abandoned By Arik Air At A New York Airport. Photos / Arik Air Reportedly Shuts Down Operations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Arik Air Reportedly Shuts Down Operations by ovyekuju(m): 7:06pm On Sep 13, 2016
Reports making the rounds suggest that Arik Air's operations has been shut down following its inability to settle the debt it is owing major oil marketers, reports say.

According to Sahara Reporters, the oil marketers refused to supply the airline fuel - Jet A1, saying it is owing N3b to all its suppliers.

Also, there are insinuations that Arik Air's insurers in Europe have withdrawn, thereby, further incapacitating operations.

A stranded passenger, Chris Amokwu, who spoke to Sahara Reporters around 1pm, said his 7:30 am flight to Abuja is has not come up.

Amokwu also said Arik Air explained that the reason for the shut down of operations was its inability to get fuel, and poor weather conditions.

The spokesman of the airline, Ola Adebanji, however told newsmen that he is not aware of the situtation.

Reports also confirmed that other local airlines were operating, contrary to the reason by Arik, that there is scarcity of Jet A1 fuel.

Arik Air's suspension of operations brings the number to three, following Aero Contractors and First Nation's closure.

More on this at http://www.bookspen.com/arik-air-reportedly-shuts-operations/

Re: Arik Air Reportedly Shuts Down Operations by ificatchmodeh: 7:09pm On Sep 13, 2016
What else...Sai baba grin

1 Like

Re: Arik Air Reportedly Shuts Down Operations by Grundig: 7:11pm On Sep 13, 2016
God is good to ksduna be that.
Re: Arik Air Reportedly Shuts Down Operations by PehaKaso: 7:12pm On Sep 13, 2016
shocked
Re: Arik Air Reportedly Shuts Down Operations by Omenkata: 7:15pm On Sep 13, 2016
when I say that Buhari is a terrorist i don't mean he's in the class of Osama bin Laden rather am telling you categorically that Buhari and Imam Abubakar shekau are within the same class because both are illiterate terrorist
-Nasir Elrufai (june 2015)

Buhari is an economic bokoharam a vulture and a vagabond
- prince omenkata

1 Like

Re: Arik Air Reportedly Shuts Down Operations by Bujumbura(m): 7:16pm On Sep 13, 2016
One day its only the Presidential fleet that will be operating in our airways.

Buhari has raped us
Re: Arik Air Reportedly Shuts Down Operations by izombie(m): 7:24pm On Sep 13, 2016
Bia arik. My mother will be going back to naija on saturday from south africa. Does this mean there will no arik flight here in johannesburg? If it is so, then arik must refund the mobey i paid for ticket. Please i want it in rand.
Re: Arik Air Reportedly Shuts Down Operations by Pidggin(f): 7:32pm On Sep 13, 2016
Lol
Re: Arik Air Reportedly Shuts Down Operations by eaglechild: 7:34pm On Sep 13, 2016
This means more job loses and more families thrown into uncertainty and misery.

Very sad what a wrong bigotted decision has cost this country
Re: Arik Air Reportedly Shuts Down Operations by demolinka(m): 7:36pm On Sep 13, 2016
I see someone blaming buhari in 5...4...3...2...
Re: Arik Air Reportedly Shuts Down Operations by Zainey338: 7:38pm On Sep 13, 2016
Hi!! Where i can find forum 'video'?

(1) (Reply)

5 Sure Ways To Move Around Lagos For Free / Has Anyone Travelled To New York Via Doha? / Plane Crash Averted In Owerri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.