Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,370 members, 7,808,294 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:58 AM

Mayorkun- Davido Called To Sign Me The Same Day I Resigned My Banking Job - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Mayorkun- Davido Called To Sign Me The Same Day I Resigned My Banking Job (488 Views)

Davido Called Young John Pig, The Beef Got Hotter / Dele Momodu Walks Out Of Event After Davido Called Him “my Boy” On Stage / Someone Should Sign Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Mayorkun- Davido Called To Sign Me The Same Day I Resigned My Banking Job by Naijatalktalk(m): 8:45pm On Sep 13, 2016
The ‘Eleko’Croner- Mayorkun said that if not for Davido, he would still be working in the bank, saving up to record his first single.

“It was just so coincidental that the day I signed my resignation letter was the day David gave me the call about me signing on to DMW. It wasn’t that my decision was to leave that banking job to start up music,”
“Obviously if Davido had not called me, I would have been in the other bank collecting better pay, better than the old one, then I would be trying to save up my bar (money) so I could record my first song.”

Mayorkun got huge recognition for his hit single Eleko, which gained one million YouTube video views, within a week of release.
On March 3, 2016, Davido announced Mayorkun’s signing to the HKN gang and Davido Music Worldwide imprint.

SOURCE: http://www.amebosquare.com/entertainment/mayorkun-davido-called-sign-day-resigned-banking-job/

(1) (Reply)

Jersey Party In 214 Club / Any Band In Lagos I Can Join To Better My Voice And Confidence / Watch New Video: Adekunle Gold - Friend Zone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.