Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,500 members, 7,801,309 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:40 PM

My Wife Doesn't Work Yet Dinner Is Never Ready Before 9pm - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Doesn't Work Yet Dinner Is Never Ready Before 9pm (48607 Views)

'I Left My Marriage After My Wife Sat On Me And I Fainted' - Man Reveals. Photo / My Wife Doesn't Work And Wants Her Name On My Home / When A Woman Doesn't Mind Sharing Her Husband With Other Girls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Doesn't Work Yet Dinner Is Never Ready Before 9pm by fortunejum: 9:32am On Sep 19, 2016
I thank God for my wife. I don't need to instruct her twice.
Re: My Wife Doesn't Work Yet Dinner Is Never Ready Before 9pm by fpeter(f): 9:36am On Sep 19, 2016
It's not laziness...these are habits. habits stick to people especially ladies tend to continue what they saw their mums do.
I went to the Christian bookstore around me this weekend and saw a book titled "HELP, I THINK I AM TURNING INTO MY MOTHER"
The flat above me, most nights i hear them pounding away when am in bed and i wonder why they would be cooking at that time
Just make up your mind not to eat after 8pm, she will adjust. Also spend a weekend with her and both of you should do a cooking
Competition with a set time.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Doesn't Work Yet Dinner Is Never Ready Before 9pm by CaraJewel(f): 9:36am On Sep 19, 2016
She get luck shez not wit d kind of pson my dAd is...if she is making breakfast shez also preparing for tinz for lunch..tell her to do it like dat..wen preparing lunch too also prepare tinz for dinner..she should prepare and tink of food for d nxt day a day before..xo she doesn't start tinking early morning wat to cook..stews and soup should be stored xo itz easy for her..also try cookin or helpp her out sometyms
Re: My Wife Doesn't Work Yet Dinner Is Never Ready Before 9pm by ADUKKY(f): 9:37am On Sep 19, 2016
@ Op, you need to sit your wife down and explain to her the essence of time management. I work but I ensure dinner is ready between 6 to 7. My saturday is for bulk cooking of all I need for the week including stew and beans for the children. On my way home on Fridays, I pick all I need to cook and run the house for a week like potato, plantain, egg, fish, beef e.t.c and I wake up ASAP on Saturday to start cooking and store in the freezer.
A flexible timetable for the week should also help cos the woman might be burdened with what to cook.
Re: My Wife Doesn't Work Yet Dinner Is Never Ready Before 9pm by kally90(f): 9:37am On Sep 19, 2016
Huston1:

She doesnt cook food everyday. When she knows she isngoing to make a meal that wont take much of her time, then she will not start early at all. Even when i remind her that it is getting late, she will tell me something like "Is it not just to make eba" but when she eventually gets into the kitchen she starts doing other things. Maybe that is when she will realise the kids will not eat eba and start frying plantain for them, or she will tell me she checked the soup and found there is no "Kpomo" or fish again because I dont like beef. Then she will start making jollof rice or something. She actually does a lot of things to make me happy. The timing is what I am not comfortable with. I have told her many a time she doesnt have respect for time. Anytime we have to get ready together and go out, I will tell her to start getting ready 2hrs before the time. She doesnt even make up. But we will still get to the place late. I go angry to church every sunday because even if she wakes up by 6am for a service of 9:30am, we still get to church late. I dont know what to do anymore. Whenever i talk to her, she makes adjustment for only few days and she is back to her old self. In the area of food, I feel I will make her feel bad if I start eating out but I dont know how to remedy this I am in. I will not forget to mention that she is a very nice wife and mother and very respectful. My family and friends like her. But this shortcoming of not respecting time is what I dont like. And you should all know that a woman who doesnt have respect for time is very untidy. And of course she is. I actually knew all these before I married her but I thought I can work on her and change these about her. Is this a cross I have to bear for the rest of my life because she doesnt compliment me the area of tideness and being timely. She scores Zero in being clean and timely. I employed someone who comes to clean my house everyday and wash too. I will not fail to mention that I still love her and she loves me with her life. She is very LOYAL, Caring, pretty, kindhearted and receptive. Family and friends enjoy her company. If she is not around, they misses her. I wish she can make little adjustment in these two areas of respecting time and being clean. There is nothing to write home about her in these two areas. I am always angry.
She can't have it all.Please you have to endure.From what you said,both of you really love each other.So,sit down and liaise together. Sometimes, if you are back from work early, assist her in the kitchen and make sure that dinner is served early that day.She will learn from that and appreciate you the more. On the issue of untidiness, some ladies are like that especially extroverts.But talk to her,I believe she will adjust.
Re: My Wife Doesn't Work Yet Dinner Is Never Ready Before 9pm by achieverme(m): 9:37am On Sep 19, 2016
oyomii:

Gbam.he af carry dictionary. Broda Oya email me. Bt...

Lolz.

sending......sending.....sent!
Re: My Wife Doesn't Work Yet Dinner Is Never Ready Before 9pm by Richy4(m): 9:45am On Sep 19, 2016
Walexsammy:
Bro you sure u carefully read hiis comments? Did u also read where he said, he hires cleaners to tidy up the house and wash cloths too?

Before i comment, I always read through...and from page 0-1, there was no place he made such comment...
Maybe you should read it again...
Re: My Wife Doesn't Work Yet Dinner Is Never Ready Before 9pm by larrybee2017(f): 9:52am On Sep 19, 2016
So good to read this piece but won't make my judgement until I get answers to these question(s).
The first is what foes your wife cook with, stove or gas? If its gas cooker, how many face burner? Before you got marry to her did you ever visit the family at night? If yes when was dinner serve then? Also, have you at any point join her in the kitchen to know what exactly is keeping her? Is she a phone addict, by phone addict I mean does she love to chat while working? Do you have a TV set in your kitchen?
When I get the answer to this then I'll know what to say. But in the mean time I must say you are not at all discipline yourself, or should I say you are not in control. If you want to eat by 7 and food is not ready go out and buy snack. I'm a woman but most women love a strong will man. Help your wife to be on time by insisting on what you want. At first she will find this too strange but be sure she will thank you later. The future of your children depend on this as she happen to be their first blackboard while you are the chalk. From now start written 'on time' on her board. If its time to go out and she is not ready, go once you are. Waiting for her is not truly the best option, she is the one to wait for you. Be a man and take bold step. Make your wife what you want and be prayerful about it. God will give you a way out but most often FORCE is required. Be bless in your home

1 Like

Re: My Wife Doesn't Work Yet Dinner Is Never Ready Before 9pm by grafixdon: 10:15am On Sep 19, 2016
Huston1:

She doesnt cook food everyday. When she knows she isngoing to make a meal that wont take much of her time, then she will not start early at all. Even when i remind her that it is getting late, she will tell me something like "Is it not just to make eba" but when she eventually gets into the kitchen she starts doing other things. Maybe that is when she will realise the kids will not eat eba and start frying plantain for them, or she will tell me she checked the soup and found there is no "Kpomo" or fish again because I dont like beef. Then she will start making jollof rice or something. She actually does a lot of things to make me happy. The timing is what I am not comfortable with. I have told her many a time she doesnt have respect for time. Anytime we have to get ready together and go out, I will tell her to start getting ready 2hrs before the time. She doesnt even make up. But we will still get to the place late. I go angry to church every sunday because even if she wakes up by 6am for a service of 9:30am, we still get to church late. I dont know what to do anymore. Whenever i talk to her, she makes adjustment for only few days and she is back to her old self. In the area of food, I feel I will make her feel bad if I start eating out but I dont know how to remedy this I am in. I will not forget to mention that she is a very nice wife and mother and very respectful. My family and friends like her. But this shortcoming of not respecting time is what I dont like. And you should all know that a woman who doesnt have respect for time is very untidy. And of course she is. I actually knew all these before I married her but I thought I can work on her and change these about her. Is this a cross I have to bear for the rest of my life because she doesnt compliment me the area of tideness and being timely. She scores Zero in being clean and timely. I employed someone who comes to clean my house everyday and wash too. I will not fail to mention that I still love her and she loves me with her life. She is very LOYAL, Caring, pretty, kindhearted and receptive. Family and friends enjoy her company. If she is not around, they misses her. I wish she can make little adjustment in these two areas of respecting time and being clean. There is nothing to write home about her in these two areas. I am always angry.

You better thank God for the kind of woman God gave you. Nobody is perfect, you ain't either, others are facing more bigger issues in their marriage, there you are complaining about little thing. You never sleep with empty stomach, the issue is that you always eat late.
Stop reporting your precious wife to strangers, they'll help you chase her away, you never appreciate what you have until you loose it.
Re: My Wife Doesn't Work Yet Dinner Is Never Ready Before 9pm by mofy1(f): 10:18am On Sep 19, 2016
This got me laughing real hard. She is a wife and not a home keeper. In between am married okay.i wake up 5am put the food on the fire, perform wuduh(ablution) and pray, then go back to the kitchen to complete my cooking because hubby must take food to work and it's not only white rice o, it can be coconut rice, jollof, yam vegetable, Irish and plantain or bean porridge and still he leaves the house b4 6:30am and as for night food,it's always waiting for oga to come. From bathroom straight too dining. Although it all bowls down to training. In my parent house if u visit us by 9am we must av finish eating. Infact they wake u to come and it so that it won't get cold.
Re: My Wife Doesn't Work Yet Dinner Is Never Ready Before 9pm by Walexsammy(m): 10:19am On Sep 19, 2016
Huston1:

She doesnt cook food everyday. When she knows she isngoing to make a meal that wont take much of her time, then she will not start early at all. Even when i remind her that it is getting late, she will tell me something like "Is it not just to make eba" but when she eventually gets into the kitchen she starts doing other things. Maybe that is when she will realise the kids will not eat eba and start frying plantain for them, or she will tell me she checked the soup and found there is no "Kpomo" or fish again because I dont like beef. Then she will start making jollof rice or something. She actually does a lot of things to make me happy. The timing is what I am not comfortable with. I have told her many a time she doesnt have respect for time. Anytime we have to get ready together and go out, I will tell her to start getting ready 2hrs before the time. She doesnt even make up. But we will still get to the place late. I go angry to church every sunday because even if she wakes up by 6am for a service of 9:30am, we still get to church late. I dont know what to do anymore. Whenever i talk to her, she makes adjustment for only few days and she is back to her old self. In the area of food, I feel I will make her feel bad if I start eating out but I dont know how to remedy this I am in. I will not forget to mention that she is a very nice wife and mother and very respectful. My family and friends like her. But this shortcoming of not respecting time is what I dont like. And you should all know that a woman who doesnt have respect for time is very untidy. And of course she is. I actually knew all these before I married her but I thought I can work on her and change these about her. Is this a cross I have to bear for the rest of my life because she doesnt compliment me the area of tideness and being timely. She scores Zero in being clean and timely.[i]I employed someone who comes to clean my house everyday and wash too.[/i]I will not fail to mention that I still love her and she loves me with her life. She is very LOYAL, Caring, pretty, kindhearted and receptive. Family and friends enjoy her company. If she is not around, they misses her. I wish she can make little adjustment in these two areas of respecting time and being clean. There is nothing to write home about her in these two areas. I am always angry.
cc Richy4
Re: My Wife Doesn't Work Yet Dinner Is Never Ready Before 9pm by deity: 10:36am On Sep 19, 2016
princeohiku:

For this hard economy different soup and where is the light. Sometimes women can be arrogant.

I live in a place where there isn't electricity at all we bought a digital inverter fridge that even a small generator can power, I work, so that return late in the evening,this has made my cooking easier
Re: My Wife Doesn't Work Yet Dinner Is Never Ready Before 9pm by glingev(m): 10:59am On Sep 19, 2016
Huston1:
Please Nairalanders I need help because I am loosing my patience.
I have been married to my wife for 6years and I have never had dinner before 9PM. Sometimes m served dinner past 11pm. My wife doesn't have any job yet. I wake early every day because I have to bath and dress our two kids up in the morning while she makes their breakfast and prepare something for the lunch boxes. I drop the kids at school and go to work from there. I return home before 6pm and dinner is never ready. I have complained and complained and she makes adjustments for two days each time I complain. I got angry at a point and told her I will not eat her food after 7pm. That week, she acted on my instruction and I really ate at 7pm or just before 7:30pm. That is the only week I enjoyed dinner early. I have even developed pot belle due to eating late.
I got home early today and she started picking vegetables to make soup at about 3:30pm. This is 8pm and I still haven't eaten. I am so angry. I really see her busy working in kitchen but I don't know why it takes so long for the food to be ready. Not that she attends to the kids. I assist the kids in their homework and prepare them for bed. I'm very angry. Please advise.

Bros I will advice you to buy groceries during th weekend and cook the meal yourself. If you can cook that is
Re: My Wife Doesn't Work Yet Dinner Is Never Ready Before 9pm by Nobody: 11:06am On Sep 19, 2016
Huston1:
I have been married to my wife for 6years and I have never had dinner before 9PM. Sometimes I'm served dinner past 11pm. My wife doesn't have any job yet. I wake early every day because I have to bath and dress our two kids up in the morning while she makes their breakfast and prepare something for the lunch boxes. I drop the kids at school and go to work from there. I return home before 6pm and dinner is never ready. I have complained and complained and she makes adjustments for two days each time I complain. I got angry at a point and told her I will not eat her food after 7pm. That week, she acted on my instruction and I really ate at 7pm or just before 7:30pm. That is the only week I enjoyed dinner early. I have even developed pot belle due to eating late.
I got home early today and she started picking vegetables to make soup at about 3:30pm. This is 8pm and I still haven't eaten. I am so angry. I really see her busy working in kitchen but I don't know why it takes so long for the food to be ready. Not that she attends to the kids. I assist the kids in their homework and prepare them for bed. I'm very angry. Please advise.
hope she is not fat,guys need to court like one year b4 marriage...look for an househelp or better still eat out n stop eating her food that wld reset her brain.
Re: My Wife Doesn't Work Yet Dinner Is Never Ready Before 9pm by glingev(m): 11:09am On Sep 19, 2016
Many ladies are not prepared for marriage abeg.
Re: My Wife Doesn't Work Yet Dinner Is Never Ready Before 9pm by bellenornor(f): 11:19am On Sep 19, 2016
ucsparks:

[size=15pt] lazy clueless ladies who don't knw anything about marriage or how to keep a husband,, i pity your future husband or husbands cos i don't think one man will be able to keep up with your laziness undecided [/size]
Ah! That's too harsh na
Re: My Wife Doesn't Work Yet Dinner Is Never Ready Before 9pm by TheMatrix3: 11:36am On Sep 19, 2016
Huston1:
My wife doesn't have any job yet.
Who told you she doesnt have a job yet? Do you know that being a house wife (esp if one is a graduate) is a FULL time job of its own without pay, salary increase, break or annual leave? I do not make excuses for her but you need to remove your mind from her not working. She works.
However me thinks its a family habit, work with her to strike a compromise, else count your losses and eat out till she gets the message or make your food for yourself. I'm even trying to thread that path sef.

As for those air heads asking you to get a divorce, y'all need to get married first, this gist is PG28 (marrried commentors only!) grin

1 Like

Re: My Wife Doesn't Work Yet Dinner Is Never Ready Before 9pm by Nobody: 11:51am On Sep 19, 2016
Anextin:

Easy Oga, the woman is not lazy, if u read the mentions, the husband said even in their family home that's how the wife's mum cooks, she only learnt from home, so it's not her fault. Any woman who cleans while cooking and after cooking is damn neat n strong. She's good just need to set a new way and pattern for her family. She got all that from her mum and thts how she was raised so it will be a little hard to shield, but I believe with love n understanding she will improve.

Are we to start tracing d problem to her ancestors? where do most of u NL ppl come from sef?I grew up anyhow is no excuse she's married to him and should know what he likes n how he likes it btw she is not in her parents house anymore..those r just silly excuses.I grew up in a polygamous home Where all the women where working..each woman took turns to cook for popsy and each woman cooked for her kids every day house helps only served the foods and prolly cooked a part of the lunch and dinner plus other house hold chores.Breakfast is served @ d most 6:30 am cos the driver took us all to school before 7:30..so the fact that she is not working and prepares me dinner by midnight wtf is dat?? i should blame her mother for d laziness abi? who will blame her grand ma and so on... abeg call a spade a spade SHE IS TOO LAZY !! I wont blame any one but herself..

According to u Any woman who cleans while cooking and after cooking is damn neat n strong

Is that work?? to clean while and after cooking....khai!! so its extra ordinary to cook and clean lolsss...u must b living in a Pigsty.I smell u must be a dirty n lazy girl too smh for u
Re: My Wife Doesn't Work Yet Dinner Is Never Ready Before 9pm by obeuno(m): 11:55am On Sep 19, 2016
What are the things that makes her not to be up and doing? find out, is it telemundo/Nollywood, visitors, what apps chatting etc. investigate then curtail any.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Doesn't Work Yet Dinner Is Never Ready Before 9pm by Nobody: 12:29pm On Sep 19, 2016
bellenornor:

Ah! That's too harsh na
[size=15pt] Am sorry dear,, bitter truth always unpleasant to the ear tongue [/size]
Re: My Wife Doesn't Work Yet Dinner Is Never Ready Before 9pm by bigerboy200: 12:38pm On Sep 19, 2016
oyomii:

Everything brother.
hmmm...
Re: My Wife Doesn't Work Yet Dinner Is Never Ready Before 9pm by samuelchimmy(m): 1:11pm On Sep 19, 2016
some people aren't just fast at cooking, my mum can prepare a pot of soup in just 15minutes and the food tastes amazing, so is my older sister,

but my junior sister has to cook longer hours, even if we complain about her late cooking, she apologizes but still cooks late,

conclusion

some people are not just fast at cooking...... bear with her and if you have time see if you can find why she cooks late, and offer a solution

thank u..... Happy New week guys
Re: My Wife Doesn't Work Yet Dinner Is Never Ready Before 9pm by nautybride: 1:19pm On Sep 19, 2016
jaybillionaire:
U're indeed a naughty bride angry

Its no big deal, he is a good cook too.
Re: My Wife Doesn't Work Yet Dinner Is Never Ready Before 9pm by VaginaTerrorist(m): 1:21pm On Sep 19, 2016
(sigh) you see, most times in life we sit back and expect people act like we wish forgeting we are from diffrent background. There are some family who have no eating time table, the food is always there for who ever wish to selfservice. Pls Oga I dont know you but I am begging you in the name of what ever you worship. DO NOT make dat lady feel like she is a slave. Dont ever carry your house matters to public cux dey would always have a way of hunting you back. If she has a job, she would have been more more faster in geting tins done. But you can still assist her in kitchen. Dont just see yourself sharing duties! All dat matters now is saving your home, so if helping out in cooking is wats gonna save your home. Pls do it. I can bet u there are thins on her mind dats pulling her down, be more than a friend to her. When I was a kid my Dad useto cook for us and still drop us in school, before going to his office where he was d director tthen, until we took over and our mom useto cook too.. We grew to become old men now who sees cooking as no bodys sole business but hubby. so I feel bad when I see some men trying to tag cooking to a womans business.
As 4ur potbelly: go get for yourself some jim kit ans stay fit! STOP BRINGING UR INSIDE MATTER OUTSIDE. BYE BYE. Gudbye.
Huston1:
I have been married to my wife for 6years and I have never had dinner before 9PM. Sometimes I'm served dinner past 11pm. My wife doesn't have any job yet. I wake early every day because I have to bath and dress our two kids up in the morning while she makes their breakfast and prepare something for the lunch boxes. I drop the kids at school and go to work from there. I return home before 6pm and dinner is never ready. I have complained and complained and she makes adjustments for two days each time I complain. I got angry at a point and told her I will not eat her food after 7pm. That week, she acted on my instruction and I really ate at 7pm or just before 7:30pm. That is the only week I enjoyed dinner early. I have even developed pot belle due to eating late.
Re: My Wife Doesn't Work Yet Dinner Is Never Ready Before 9pm by crackhaus: 1:31pm On Sep 19, 2016
Odunharry:

Troublemaker.. lol.
How is everything bro.
Everything is good bro, thank God. Are you with Zenith now?
Re: My Wife Doesn't Work Yet Dinner Is Never Ready Before 9pm by Kassidy90(m): 1:35pm On Sep 19, 2016
Na wa oo, wey my wife dey always disturbing me to eat before 7pm once I get back from work and I go dey hala say until after ishai prayers before I go eat.. Hmmmm

Alhamdulilahi..

Abi @ op make we switch? grin
Just kidding.

As others have said stick to ur warnings and make sure u always have bread n butter with tea at home or start bringing takeaway frm work if she no enter reset under one week na him be say Nigeria flag no be GWG
Re: My Wife Doesn't Work Yet Dinner Is Never Ready Before 9pm by ibietela2(m): 1:54pm On Sep 19, 2016
oyomii:

Effritin ooo broda. Effritin.

Hmmmm
Re: My Wife Doesn't Work Yet Dinner Is Never Ready Before 9pm by ziga: 2:23pm On Sep 19, 2016
If she doesn't cook your food till 10pm, then when does she serve your food?

What time does she bathe you?

Does she even have time for $ex or time for the children you gave her?

How about massaging your back? I doubt that she will have enough time to wash your clothes.

You are in deep sh|t.

Better fast and pray for 30 days and read Psalm 23, 24!!!
Re: My Wife Doesn't Work Yet Dinner Is Never Ready Before 9pm by ako1tse: 2:43pm On Sep 19, 2016
In this context, i guess the woman is not really the type that likes cooking, OR SHE iS JUST LAZY. AND WILL LIKE TO KNOW IS THAT THE INITIAL BEHAVIOR OF THE GIRL. because na something go trigger the girls behavior. but if its that shes just being naughty. will advice. the guy allows someone else to cook for him from outside. it will resharpen the lady . cus action speaks better than words
Re: My Wife Doesn't Work Yet Dinner Is Never Ready Before 9pm by sholaroz(m): 3:17pm On Sep 19, 2016
Huston1:

Please,exercise patience with her. Kindly join her in the kitchen and see things for yourself to understand her very well before you take any drastic action. And please, don't let her feel she's jobless. Staying at home can be more challenging many atimes than going to the office.
Re: My Wife Doesn't Work Yet Dinner Is Never Ready Before 9pm by Pylony(m): 3:19pm On Sep 19, 2016
I know that some TV stations has led to food getting burnt up by ladies this days. She could be addicted to TV shows on channels such as Telemundo / Televista etc that she do not have the time to cook earlier, grin or she use's a cooking book or a recipe note to prepare every of her meals in the kitchen. Or she's just lazy in the kitchen but active in bed. grin
(Jokes apart) In a nut shell, staying home alone could be depressing for many people, being ideal for some one who thinks positively about how to better one's self is a lot of Job, but joblessness for some one who just wants to be spoon fed every day, check your wife's emotional level and better still, take her out on a date and have a calm one on one discussion about what is bugging her. You may be amazed at what you could discover at the end. And check your self, are you really giving her your time when she needed it the most or all you wanted is for her to make you dinner on time, eat and sleep??
Re: My Wife Doesn't Work Yet Dinner Is Never Ready Before 9pm by Cutehector(m): 7:52pm On Sep 19, 2016
bigerboy200:

Lol... grin angry cheesy grin Eating late causes pot belly? I can't even remember when last I ate dinner b4 10 pm...these days I eat by 11, 12 pm. .even ate dinner 1 am last week (cos of d nature of my work) yet I don't have pot belly...though I do sit ups like thrice a week and play competitive soccer every Saturday. ....do light work out on ur belly and d fear of pot belly will go even when married...
why do I need to do light work out wen my belly is flat already? undecided

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

My Husband Wants To Know Everything About My Finances. / See The Beautiful Gift God Gave To Me Through Facebook / Chinese Woman Gives Birth To Twins From 2 Different Fathers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.