Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,284 members, 7,807,960 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:10 AM

I Am A Sun Worshipper And An Atheist: Is There A Contradiction? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Am A Sun Worshipper And An Atheist: Is There A Contradiction? (4027 Views)

Christians How Would You Deny This Blatant Contradiction / Bible "Contradiction" For Dummies: A Correction For Internet "Atheists" / Been An Atheist Is A Very Risky Decision. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am A Sun Worshipper And An Atheist: Is There A Contradiction? by Ranchhoddas: 6:04pm On Sep 19, 2016
hahn:

That dude predicted the world will end last year cheesy grin
He has predicted another. He says it will end before Obama leaves office.
Re: I Am A Sun Worshipper And An Atheist: Is There A Contradiction? by DeepSight(m): 6:10pm On Sep 19, 2016
OP - Do you believe celestial bodies are, or represent, higher celestial beings?
Re: I Am A Sun Worshipper And An Atheist: Is There A Contradiction? by Joshthefirst(m): 10:15pm On Sep 19, 2016
plaetton:

The Sun is the most qualified to be given that title.

The Sun is the most acknowledged deity.
Sun worship is the oldest, truest and only religion there is.
Almost all of the world's major religious have their roots in Sun worship.
I conclude you regard the sun as deity.

You regard the sun as deity, and you worship it(as you yourself have acknowledged). This makes you an adherent of a religion. Which makes you not an atheist and not even a deist(the sun obviously interferes), but a theist.

In other words, you remain a confused old man. grin
Case closed #

2 Likes

Re: I Am A Sun Worshipper And An Atheist: Is There A Contradiction? by hahn(m): 8:22am On Sep 20, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
He has predicted another. He says it will end before Obama leaves office.

cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin

The dude na clown
Re: I Am A Sun Worshipper And An Atheist: Is There A Contradiction? by hahn(m): 8:32am On Sep 20, 2016
MrPresident1:

Come and change it by yourself tongue

tongue
Re: I Am A Sun Worshipper And An Atheist: Is There A Contradiction? by Nobody: 8:51am On Sep 20, 2016
hahn:

cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin
The dude na clown
you are very daft bro
Re: I Am A Sun Worshipper And An Atheist: Is There A Contradiction? by hahn(m): 9:46am On Sep 20, 2016
bjhaid:
you are very daft bro

undecided
Re: I Am A Sun Worshipper And An Atheist: Is There A Contradiction? by GooseBaba: 9:43pm On Sep 22, 2016
bjhaid:
you are very daft bro

Haba... Bros abeg, Can you show me the calculation on how you arrived at this ya statement.. shocked I'm a student of emotional miss yarn" I would like to learn. Thanks in advance...
Re: I Am A Sun Worshipper And An Atheist: Is There A Contradiction? by GooseBaba: 10:13pm On Sep 22, 2016
Baba plaetton.... How far na...

The Sun dey collect offerings?. I fit boil egg on top stone for am ohhh. But then again it's not a jealous god. Abeg where service dey take place. We fit bring umbrella? Na gorimapa I carry and I cannot take too much vitamin D from baba Sun.. grin

1 Like

Re: I Am A Sun Worshipper And An Atheist: Is There A Contradiction? by plaetton: 10:40pm On Sep 22, 2016
GooseBaba:
Baba plaetton.... How far na...

The Sun dey collect offerings?. I fit boil egg on top stone for am ohhh. But then again it's not a jealous god. Abeg where service dey take place. We fit bring umbrella? Na gorimapa I carry and I cannot take too much vitamin D from baba Sun.. grin

grin

Worship is online, tithes and offerings are to be paid to my account at SunShine Bank, account # 000111222.

Remember, The Sun shines on a Cheerful giver. wink
Re: I Am A Sun Worshipper And An Atheist: Is There A Contradiction? by plaetton: 10:44pm On Sep 22, 2016
Joshthefirst:
I conclude you regard the sun as deity.

You regard the sun as deity, and you worship it(as you yourself have acknowledged). This makes you an adherent of a religion. Which makes you not an atheist and not even a deist(the sun obviously interferes), but a theist.

In other words, you remain a confused old man. grin
Case closed #

Come hither my son, the true heavenly Father, the most visible proxy of Divinity and eternity beckons you.
Come hither. wink
Re: I Am A Sun Worshipper And An Atheist: Is There A Contradiction? by urheme: 12:58pm On Sep 24, 2016
plaetton:
I have a fascination with the our Sun, whom I call our heavenly Father.
The more I learn about our glorious orb, the more awed and humbled that I become.

I can proudly call myself a Sun Worshipper.

I am still am atheist.
Does anyone see a contradiction, and why ?

grin grin grin
longest time

1 Like

Re: I Am A Sun Worshipper And An Atheist: Is There A Contradiction? by plaetton: 2:25pm On Sep 24, 2016
urheme:

grin grin grin
longest time

grin grin

Yeah. Longest time.
Where have you been?
Re: I Am A Sun Worshipper And An Atheist: Is There A Contradiction? by plaetton: 2:28pm On Sep 24, 2016
DeepSight:

OP - Do you believe celestial bodies are, or represent, higher celestial beings?

Definitely, celestial bodies ARE higher celestial beings.
Re: I Am A Sun Worshipper And An Atheist: Is There A Contradiction? by plaetton: 2:30pm On Sep 24, 2016
analice107:

I no talk am? Plaetton dey craze
Well, the Abrahamic religions do not have a monopoly of insanity, you know. cool
Re: I Am A Sun Worshipper And An Atheist: Is There A Contradiction? by analice107: 2:38pm On Sep 24, 2016
plaetton:

Well, the Abrahamic religions do not have a monopoly of insanity, you know. cool
What does this even mean?
Re: I Am A Sun Worshipper And An Atheist: Is There A Contradiction? by plaetton: 2:41pm On Sep 24, 2016
analice107:

What does this even mean?
I mean that I just dey join una de craze.
Re: I Am A Sun Worshipper And An Atheist: Is There A Contradiction? by analice107: 4:21pm On Sep 24, 2016
plaetton:
I mean that I just dey join una de craze.
Oh Hahn.
Re: I Am A Sun Worshipper And An Atheist: Is There A Contradiction? by DeepSight(m): 4:50pm On Sep 24, 2016
plaetton:

Definitely, celestial bodies ARE higher celestial beings.

Fully self aware, self-conscious, sentient and sapient?
Re: I Am A Sun Worshipper And An Atheist: Is There A Contradiction? by plaetton: 5:01pm On Sep 24, 2016
DeepSight:

Fully self aware, self-conscious, sentient and sapient?
To what extents , we can only speculate.

I am definitely not fit , and may never be ableto answer those questions to your satisfaction.

My opinion is that they might be all of the Above, but again, in a much more higher level than we currently understand.
Re: I Am A Sun Worshipper And An Atheist: Is There A Contradiction? by Nobody: 7:33pm On Sep 24, 2016
plaetton:
I have a fascination with the our Sun, whom I call our heavenly Father.
The more I learn about our glorious orb, the more awed and humbled that I become.

I can proudly call myself a Sun Worshipper.

I am still am atheist.
Does anyone see a contradiction, and why ?
Nope.

But confusion, definitely.
Re: I Am A Sun Worshipper And An Atheist: Is There A Contradiction? by plaetton: 8:11pm On Sep 24, 2016
Muafrika2:

Nope.

But confusion, definitely.
Kindly explain.
Re: I Am A Sun Worshipper And An Atheist: Is There A Contradiction? by Nobody: 8:21pm On Sep 24, 2016
plaetton:

Kindly explain.

Atheism is a fallacy to begin with (a concept invented just to fight religion), so your announcement is not surprising.

Confusion - you still belive you are an atheist.
Re: I Am A Sun Worshipper And An Atheist: Is There A Contradiction? by plaetton: 9:21pm On Sep 24, 2016
Muafrika2:

Atheism is a fallacy to begin with (a concept invented just to fight religion), so your announcement is not surprising.

Confusion - you still belive you are an atheist.

Very funny.

I take it that you do believe in both the TOOTHFAIRY and Santa Claus?
Or were those invented to please little children ?
Re: I Am A Sun Worshipper And An Atheist: Is There A Contradiction? by urheme: 4:24pm On Sep 28, 2016
plaetton:

Yup.
Sometimes I do feel like everyone else in Nigeria is perfectly sane, and I am the crazy one.

there is a power that moves, Holy spirit, i need this power to touch this one be cos, he is my friend.

God want to use you, you cannot run away for long.

Let its powers Locate you.
Re: I Am A Sun Worshipper And An Atheist: Is There A Contradiction? by plaetton: 8:53pm On Sep 28, 2016
urheme:

there is a power that moves, Holy spirit, i need this power to touch this one be cos, he is my friend.

God want to use you, you cannot run away for long.

Let its powers Locate you.

Lol.
This power that moves, this holy spirit, Who E Don EPP ?

Which black man, which African nation E Don EPP ?

And, am I not in the better position to know what I need?

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Should Religious Bodies Be Regulated / The Spirit Within Vs The Spirit Upon / I Think We Need To Take Back Atheism From The Scientists....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.