Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,966 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:20 AM

Aero Contractors - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Aero Contractors (4222 Views)

FG Orders Airport Remodelling Contractors To Return N17.6bn / Aero Contractors Renamed Nigerian Eagle / Aero Contractors Low Cost Tickets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aero Contractors by shaiguy(m): 4:53am On Oct 09, 2009
I need to know what your take is on Aero Contractors.
I had never used them before but only heard about them and based on what i heard i thought they were the best airline in Nigeria by a mile but what i experienced yesterday when bout to board a local flight really caught me off guard, it appears to me that they are just like many other Nigerian company, corrupt.
I just want to do an assessment, did i over react ?(Bearing in mind that 4 other passengers where also screaming their head of at them and all other airlines remained calm)
When the particular personnel realized i wasn't going to budge, he turned his ID card away from me, i requested to see his ID card so i could make a formal complaint and he said no way, he refused.
Before i say too much, what's your genuine take on Aero, if you have flown them before, no need commenting if you haven't.
If you have flown with Aero in the last 6 months, how was it? No just the flight proper but the people and the boarding process.
Re: Aero Contractors by SirKay3(m): 8:03am On Oct 09, 2009
@ shaiguy,

What actually happened? Explain more please. I'm a frequent flyer with them, at least I fly with them twice in a month.
Re: Aero Contractors by phuckNL: 8:12am On Oct 09, 2009
Don't bother with this tout abeg. How can you judge an airline based on one flight.
You are just like the idiots who complained about ARIK cancelling a flight as if flight cancellation is new in the airline industry.
If it happens to you like say 5 times, then you can talk.
Re: Aero Contractors by Stealthy(m): 10:01pm On Oct 09, 2009
I've flown Aero regularly for the last 8 years. And I mean very regularly. Of cos they're not perfect, but they're the best local airline by a mile. Arik is good too and Virgin Nigeria (NEA) comes a distant 3rd. I don't bother with the others, so can't judge.
Re: Aero Contractors by shaiguy(m): 8:49pm On Oct 10, 2009
@ Stealthy
Thanks for the very detailed response.
I actually thought as much but just need to be sure.
They acted in the most un professional manner than it shocked my senses, my senses had been somehow conditioned to think they were faultless and i was simple jolted back to earth.
Nothing to do with the flight at all people, the flight was a breeze, it was the manner of kiosk attendants that was simply unbelievable
Re: Aero Contractors by Vampire01: 10:59pm On Oct 10, 2009
Many airlines are facing the same problems and it would be foolhardy to think one is MILES AHEAD OF OTHERS,
1.) Runway - There is only one runway for domestic and another one for international flights.
2.) There are few Underground fuel Hydrants at the international airport (None at GAT and MM2)
3.) Space is of the essence at MM2 it can only take so many Aircrafts.
4.) Presidentia movt (Includin the speaker) hampers flights,
5.)Constant change in Jet A1 prices
6.)Constant flunctuation in dollar rates,

But by an large, the top 3 are VERY SAFE, some passing IOSA and IATA standards, (Much higher than NCAA).
Re: Aero Contractors by 2Legit2Qui: 11:01pm On Oct 10, 2009
VAMPIRE

WHAT DO YOU KNOW? NOTHING.
Re: Aero Contractors by Stealthy(m): 12:25pm On Oct 11, 2009
Vampire_01:

Many airlines are facing the same problems and it would be foolhardy to think one is MILES AHEAD OF OTHERS,
1.) Runway - There is only one runway for domestic and another one for international flights.
2.) There are few Underground fuel Hydrants at the international airport (None at GAT and MM2)
3.) Space is of the essence at MM2 it can only take so many Aircrafts.
4.) Presidentia movt (Includin the speaker) hampers flights,
5.)Constant change in Jet A1 prices
6.)Constant flunctuation in dollar rates,

But by an large, the top 3 are VERY SAFE, some passing IOSA and IATA standards, (Much higher than NCAA).

Yes they all face these problems, but they manage the problems in different ways. Also, some of the smaller airlines face issues of low capitalization, one-man-company syndrome, inability to attract the industry's best hands, etc.

At the end of the day, the top 3 are clearly above the others and I repeat my assertion that Aero is the best local airline by a mile. If you've flown Aero recently, you'll even realize that these days, Aero tries to be on time all the time. Their 07:00 flight will depart at the exact time and if they're 10 mins late, they'll almost kill you with apologies. Even the foreign airlines aren't that courteous.
Re: Aero Contractors by Vampire01: 10:17pm On Oct 13, 2009
2Legit2Qui:

VAMPIRE

WHAT DO YOU KNOW? NOTHING.

2Legit2Quit, do you realy believe i know NOTHING? Sad, so sad. Attack the issues, not the Personality!
Re: Aero Contractors by gistcity(m): 3:04pm On Nov 14, 2020

(1) (Reply)

First Pictures From Ethiopian Airlines Plane Crash / Winter Storm Jonas: 2016 United States Blizzard In Photos. / Nigerians In Prince Edward Island Lets Talk Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.