Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,244 members, 7,807,825 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:00 PM

Governor Ortom In His Oracle Farm In Benue (Photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Ortom In His Oracle Farm In Benue (Photos) (41649 Views)

Fayose Visits Ortom In Benue Over Fulani Herdsmen Attacks (Photos) / Fulani Herdsmen Killings: Dambazau Laughing As He Visits Benue (Photos) / Umahi & Obasanjo Honoured By Governor Ortom In Benue State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Governor Ortom In His Oracle Farm In Benue (Photos) by ebosie11(f): 9:16am On Sep 14, 2016
The governor of Benue state Samuel ORTOM has called on the people of the state to return to agriculture as the allocation from the federation allocation continue to drop coupled with the activities of the Niger delta avengers.

Benue state is the food basket of Nigeria, the land is vast and fertile from orokam to Jootar, and from Jato Acka to Yelewata.

He was pictured at his Oracle farm Gbajimba clearing weeds and also washing his hands in Vena stream after work today at his farms. Rice, soya beans and are grown on the farm.

We can do without oil if we put our land to use adequately. The governor is leading by example and is always on his farms giving any available time out of his tight schedule. Don't leave bushes around your yard, clear them and put the land to use, this will even discouraged grazing on your land. Plant a seed today.

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2016/09/benue-state-governor-ortom-pictured-at.html

8 Likes

Re: Governor Ortom In His Oracle Farm In Benue (Photos) by ebosie11(f): 9:18am On Sep 14, 2016

Re: Governor Ortom In His Oracle Farm In Benue (Photos) by ebosie11(f): 9:18am On Sep 14, 2016
ebosie11:
More
more

Re: Governor Ortom In His Oracle Farm In Benue (Photos) by SamuelAnyawu(m): 9:21am On Sep 14, 2016
Samuel Ortom leading the way cool

12 Likes

Re: Governor Ortom In His Oracle Farm In Benue (Photos) by DaudaAbu(m): 9:24am On Sep 14, 2016
I like that

2 Likes

Re: Governor Ortom In His Oracle Farm In Benue (Photos) by agwom(m): 9:25am On Sep 14, 2016
I love your spirit, carry on...

3 Likes

Re: Governor Ortom In His Oracle Farm In Benue (Photos) by Xer0: 9:35am On Sep 14, 2016
Nice photo shoot He still believe we can be great by farming with cutlasses and hoes

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Ortom In His Oracle Farm In Benue (Photos) by Emancipation: 9:39am On Sep 14, 2016
Hopefully Fulani headsmen wont pay his farm a visit before harvest.

11 Likes

Re: Governor Ortom In His Oracle Farm In Benue (Photos) by sultaan(m): 9:52am On Sep 14, 2016
I love Benue wink

Nde nina to the tivs out there my stay in Benue, Gungul government School at the turn of the century was still the best time of my life.

People were very nice language was easy to learn and there was the peter mango (best in the world)

Those soybeans remind me of Aliade, Awajir, and Tse Agbaragba

By the way for those in the know what is the name of that smoked fish called white fish from river niger, I know the black fish is cat fish but the other one I need help with if you can post pics

21 Likes

Re: Governor Ortom In His Oracle Farm In Benue (Photos) by Immatex(m): 12:11pm On Sep 14, 2016
Exact meaning of leading from 'the front lines'

At least he's manages to visit when harvesting is near.
Re: Governor Ortom In His Oracle Farm In Benue (Photos) by haywire07(m): 12:40pm On Sep 14, 2016
This is what the nigerian government should look into. At least they should remember the meaning of our national flag.
A large farm as this would require mechanized systems , now tell me d kind of youth that won't like to go to a farm in a protective cloth and driving clean tractors and harvesters .
Even a banking graduate will like to work in dis kind of farm . #effizzy job kiss

Lalasticlala mynd44 over to u

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Ortom In His Oracle Farm In Benue (Photos) by agarawu23(m): 1:14pm On Sep 14, 2016
Na agriculture sure pass Now grin
Re: Governor Ortom In His Oracle Farm In Benue (Photos) by Pavore9: 1:17pm On Sep 14, 2016
Reminds me of my rice farming days in Anambra State. cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governor Ortom In His Oracle Farm In Benue (Photos) by Nobody: 1:17pm On Sep 14, 2016
Xer0:
Nice photo shoot
He still believe we can be great by farming with cutlasses and hoes
Must you wail at every instance? If he does nothing, you complain, if he doesn't, you wail. How many machines-tractors, harvesters etc have the governor of your state provided?

BTW, these are the evidence of the fraud perpetrated by the fedora doffing PhD holder who claimed to have transformed the agricultural sector without any form of mechanization. Transformation indeed!!!

14 Likes

Re: Governor Ortom In His Oracle Farm In Benue (Photos) by Scatterscatter(m): 1:18pm On Sep 14, 2016
Welcome development... But pls invest in mechanized farming instead, coupled with subsidised fertiliser supply for the farmers.

Agriculture is the new oil!!!!
Re: Governor Ortom In His Oracle Farm In Benue (Photos) by Nobody: 1:19pm On Sep 14, 2016
ebosie11:

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2016/09/benue-state-governor-ortom-pictured-at.html
These guys are born farmers, I concur! I hope other governors are watching him...especially my 'noise maker' governor.

1 Like

Re: Governor Ortom In His Oracle Farm In Benue (Photos) by anonimi: 1:19pm On Sep 14, 2016
Paparazzi nonsense to fool 200 million mumu fellow citizens.
Has he paid all salaries owed to state and local government workers as well as the parastatals
Na who don chop photo before?
Na who pinshure don epp

10 Likes

Re: Governor Ortom In His Oracle Farm In Benue (Photos) by aresssa: 1:20pm On Sep 14, 2016
belonare:
All na wash, baba go still loot

Negativity really should not be your way of life and culture..

3 Likes

Re: Governor Ortom In His Oracle Farm In Benue (Photos) by sukkot: 1:20pm On Sep 14, 2016
Xer0:
Nice photo shoot
He still believe we can be great by farming with cutlasses and hoes
nobody is trying to be great. you are in this world to survive. the only way out of this world is death. so keep kwayet.

like a wise man once said, vanity vanity all is vanity

1 Like

Re: Governor Ortom In His Oracle Farm In Benue (Photos) by Opistorincos(m): 1:21pm On Sep 14, 2016
Now that I've seen what he was doing, what's next?
Re: Governor Ortom In His Oracle Farm In Benue (Photos) by mercichoco(f): 1:21pm On Sep 14, 2016
In that case, i'l put the small portion of land in my backyard to use. Pls where can i buy igbo (weed) seed

3 Likes

Re: Governor Ortom In His Oracle Farm In Benue (Photos) by Sweetcollins: 1:22pm On Sep 14, 2016
All join
Nevertheless, l love his charisma
Re: Governor Ortom In His Oracle Farm In Benue (Photos) by NaijaFutbol: 1:22pm On Sep 14, 2016
When you refuse to protect your people from Fulani herdsmen?

Because you came into your farm with security?

When you are serious for your people, they will know.

Liverless entity like Enugu state governor!

2 Likes

Re: Governor Ortom In His Oracle Farm In Benue (Photos) by HMZi: 1:24pm On Sep 14, 2016
Looks promising,but pay workers salaries so that they can invest in agriculture and not these white elephant agricultural projects...am in benue,i knw.

1 Like

Re: Governor Ortom In His Oracle Farm In Benue (Photos) by czaratwork: 1:26pm On Sep 14, 2016
Former Enugu state governor sullivan chime frustrated his deputy because the guy was so into agriculture. The guy had a poultry in his residence and that was one of the charges brought against him. I hope he is seeing what is happening now. Yeye dey smell.

4 Likes

Re: Governor Ortom In His Oracle Farm In Benue (Photos) by ever811(m): 1:27pm On Sep 14, 2016
sultaan:
I love Benue wink

Nde nina to the tivs out there my stay in Benue, Gungul government School at the turn of the century was still the best time of my life.

People were very nice language was easy to learn and there was the peter mango (best in the world)

Those soybeans remind me of Aliade, Awajir, and Tse Agbaragba

By the way for those in the know what is the name of that smoked fish called white fish from river niger, I know the black fish is cat fish but the other one I need help with if you can post pics
dear thanks for finding one good thing about my people... we are not rich but always contend in the little available..

3 Likes

Re: Governor Ortom In His Oracle Farm In Benue (Photos) by samadexextral: 1:28pm On Sep 14, 2016
Leadership by example
Re: Governor Ortom In His Oracle Farm In Benue (Photos) by MAXIMAL123(m): 1:28pm On Sep 14, 2016
Waiting for Wailers to comment
Re: Governor Ortom In His Oracle Farm In Benue (Photos) by klassic(m): 1:30pm On Sep 14, 2016
This is not what we want. Kindly establish farm settlement schemes like the late Obafemi Awolowo did, build for a start 500 unit of two bedroom flat apartments, provide farm inputs, plant plantations while you a busy building the houses, so when you are done the plantations are almost ready for harvest.
Also allocate farm lands to settlers a minimum of 20hacters per settles in not in one spot in different locations within the settlement, grade access roads, provide domentaries where they can buy farm inputs, hire tractors, ploughers, arrowers and planters for a start .Involve agricultural banks to give grants for farming and animal husbandry.
Finally cost everything at a low interest rate while giving them a moratorium of 6months to a year to start paying back at a reduced feasible payment plan pending when they start harvesting their farms and plantations allocated to them.
If you do this but at the federal and start level, teeming unemployed youth will return back to the farms and Nigeria will be great again. No these scams you are putting up. If I get something like that, with a minimum of 10years repayment plan, I will gladly quit my job and go back the farm or work part time while farming full time.
Stop fooling us sir. Enough is enough. I rise.

4 Likes

Re: Governor Ortom In His Oracle Farm In Benue (Photos) by Handsomecole(m): 1:33pm On Sep 14, 2016
He only to the farm he didn't come to do farm work. But rather to come and snap with some poor looking people. Farm that Fulani cows will still invade. Anyway nice media stunt. Governor stunt or no Governor stunt Agriculture is still the way forward.
Re: Governor Ortom In His Oracle Farm In Benue (Photos) by highmood(m): 1:35pm On Sep 14, 2016
The guy in black will be like, "Oga abeg do make we comot here. How I wan take put leg inside this water"

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Many Injured, Cars Destroyed As APC, PDP Clash In Kaduna - Photos / FG Forcefully Exits 5,781 N-Power Beneficiaries From The System, Warn Others / Obasa Gets N17m Monthly For Maintenance Of Personal Residence, Guest House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.