Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,362 members, 7,808,260 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:31 AM

Giving Money To Beggars Vs Giving Money As Offering Which Means More To God? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Giving Money To Beggars Vs Giving Money As Offering Which Means More To God? (798 Views)

Oba Abdulrasheed Adewale Akanbi Shares Money To Villagers (Photos) / Chief Prostrates To Beg Alaafin Of Oyo For Giving Fake Title To US Citizen.PICS / Ooni Ogunwusi & His Wife Collect Offering At A Church In UK (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Giving Money To Beggars Vs Giving Money As Offering Which Means More To God? by weedtheweeds: 8:58pm On Sep 14, 2016
Giving money to beggars, homeless and the needy vs dropping your offering, which would be more acceptable to God?
I have noticed that people literally walk past beggars, widows and disabled individuals on our way to Church and hurry to drop the money as offering in the church.
Re: Giving Money To Beggars Vs Giving Money As Offering Which Means More To God? by ammyluv2002(f): 9:04pm On Sep 14, 2016
Both
Re: Giving Money To Beggars Vs Giving Money As Offering Which Means More To God? by xendra: 9:08pm On Sep 14, 2016
giving money to your nursing wife for food vs giving her money for the babies food which one is more important to you

they are different things give when you have to give, don't go comparing whether to give in church or outside.
Re: Giving Money To Beggars Vs Giving Money As Offering Which Means More To God? by weedtheweeds: 10:02pm On Sep 14, 2016
am sorry, what did you say? in all you said no point was seen. were you thought paragraphing in school?
xendra:
incase you are male, (if or when you have one)
giving money to your nursing wife for food vs giving her money for the babies food which one is more important to you
they are different things give when you have to give, don't go comparing whether to give in church or outside.

1 Like

Re: Giving Money To Beggars Vs Giving Money As Offering Which Means More To God? by Ghost21(m): 10:15pm On Sep 14, 2016
I prefer beggers and charity organisation! (Motherless babies home).
Re: Giving Money To Beggars Vs Giving Money As Offering Which Means More To God? by xendra: 4:33am On Sep 15, 2016
weedtheweeds:
am sorry, what did you say? in all you said no point was seen. were you thought paragraphing in school?
no, never really had an English teacher, good you see it as pointless cos that's the kind of answer you really deserve for your pointless question. you just trying to start an argument.
Re: Giving Money To Beggars Vs Giving Money As Offering Which Means More To God? by Nobody: 6:13am On Sep 15, 2016
I prefer giving to beggars because offerings nowadays only enrich priests and pastors who choose to live extravagant lives. I gave to beggars only to find out it made near full-bodied individuals stick to begging as opposed to using it as a stepping stone to better their lives. I also read criminals now employ children, cripples and in some cases fake injuries in order to scam people out of money.

Ok, I decided to donate money straight to orphanages in hopes it would better the childrens' lives only to find out people in charge use the money to enrich themselves. After contemplating for a brief amount of time I came to a foolproof solution; I would use the money to build facilities for orphanages since no caretaker can selfishly sell off a fixed borehole or a block of living flats.

2 Likes

Re: Giving Money To Beggars Vs Giving Money As Offering Which Means More To God? by yekparikpa(m): 6:22am On Sep 15, 2016
A large portion of the offering you give in your church also goes to the Needy, infact some churches run orphanage homes!
Re: Giving Money To Beggars Vs Giving Money As Offering Which Means More To God? by onatisi(m): 6:27am On Sep 15, 2016
weedtheweeds:
Giving money to beggars, homeless and the needy vs dropping your offering, which would be more acceptable to God?
I have noticed that people literally walk past beggars, widows and disabled individuals on our way to Church and hurry to drop the money as offering in the church.
This is where many Christians seems to have gotten the whole thing wrong,many xtians will pass by sick needy poor wretched ppl that only need even 300naira to feed and walk into a church to drop 50k as offering. The truth is God isn't happy about this, tithes is the most important offering and it has a range,God rule is 10% of your earnings or profit. Offering is good also but it doesn't necessarily bring blessings as men of God today have made ppl believe ,it is your tithes that opens the showers of blessing. Helping the poor is what God demands but many preachers wont preach this so as not to discourage ppl from giving them gifts and money.

Matthew 25:35-40New International Version (NIV) 35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’ 37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’ 40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Giving Money To Beggars Vs Giving Money As Offering Which Means More To God? by weedtheweeds: 8:12am On Sep 15, 2016
not with a mind like yours. A sound and reasonable mind knows a word called "conversation", while cheap trolls only understand "argument". The reason is cos, the have nothing to offer so they get aggressive. I could be a journalist, have you ever pondered? You might walk into my office and i ask you that as an interview question, ever thought about that? A reasonable mind always thinks positive, remember that. A question deserves an answer (Jesus words) not aggression and if you don't have an answer, then always remember that the English dictionary contains words like "ignore' or 'decline'. In manners 101 there is a rule called 'politeness', learn it and It will help you in life.
xendra:
no, never really had an English teacher, good you see it as pointless cos that's the kind of answer you really deserve for your pointless question. you just trying to start an argument.
Re: Giving Money To Beggars Vs Giving Money As Offering Which Means More To God? by onatisi(m): 8:42am On Sep 15, 2016
After paying my tithes,if I have 20k left ,I will rather spread 18k round to 18 people and give the pastor 2k,but in Nigeria it is always the other way round,they will rather give all the 20k to their pastor and allow the poor to starve,I always tell my friends if you are fortunate enough to smile while others are crying,try to spread the smile and Joy around rather than keeping it all yo yourself

2 Likes

Re: Giving Money To Beggars Vs Giving Money As Offering Which Means More To God? by xendra: 12:40pm On Sep 15, 2016
weedtheweeds:
not with a mind like yours. A sound and reasonable mind knows a word called "conversation", while cheap trolls only understand "argument". The reason is cos, the have nothing to offer so they get aggressive. I could be a journalist, have you ever pondered? You might walk into my office and i ask you that as an interview question, ever thought about that? A reasonable mind always thinks positive, remember that. A question deserves an answer (Jesus words) not aggression and if you don't have an answer, then always remember that the English dictionary contains words like "ignore' or 'decline'. In manners 101 there is a rule called 'politeness', learn it and It will help you in life.
tongue I'm sorry what??

(1) (Reply)

An Insight On Believe. / PHOTOS: Olori Wuraola Ogunwusi Visits Firth Manor Primary School In London / Weird? See The Crazy Things Nigerians Do In The Name Of Celebration (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.