Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,340 members, 7,780,899 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:32 AM

Can Exhaust Net Be Removed And Replaced Wit Iron Pipe By Panel Beaters? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Can Exhaust Net Be Removed And Replaced Wit Iron Pipe By Panel Beaters? (6952 Views)

Drunk Teen Got Her Head Stuck In Truck Exhaust Pipe For 45 Mins In US / Why Do Mechanics And Panel Beaters Always Steal Catalyst In SUV? / Types Of Smoke From Your Car Exhaust Pipe And What It Indicates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Exhaust Net Be Removed And Replaced Wit Iron Pipe By Panel Beaters? by Emekayoung(m): 10:29am On Sep 15, 2016
My younger brother's camry has been giving him issues. He owns a camry big for nothing but recently he has been complaining about frequent change of the silencer net. He has changed d tokunbo of that stuff like 5 times last month. So i made a suggestion for him to remove that rubbish net and replace it wit iron pipe. Guys is dat a gud idea? Pls no insults,matured responses pls.
Re: Can Exhaust Net Be Removed And Replaced Wit Iron Pipe By Panel Beaters? by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:54am On Sep 15, 2016
Emekayoung:
My younger brother's camry has been giving him issues. He owns a camry big for nothing but recently he has been complaining about frequent change of the silencer net. He has changed d tokunbo of that stuff like 5 times last month. So i made a suggestion for him to remove that rubbish net and replace it wit iron pipe. Guys is dat a gud idea? Pls no insults,matured responses pls.

there is a reason the "net" is placed there, it is designed to take car of engine movement, and reduce vibrations. The problem your bro has been having is he has been welding exhaust with oxyaceytelen instead of ark welding which would have lasted longer. Best practice it to replace the section of the exhaust from base of catalyst to closest joint.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Can Exhaust Net Be Removed And Replaced Wit Iron Pipe By Panel Beaters? by Emekayoung(m): 1:52pm On Sep 15, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

there is a reason the "net" is placed there, it is designed to take car of engine movement, and reduce vibrations. The problem your bro has been having is he has been welding exhaust with oxyaceytelen instead of ark welding which would have lasted longer. Best practice it to replace the section of the exhaust from base of catalyst to closest joint.
Hello sir thanks for ur input,but pls can u bring down ur English to my own level of understanding? Cos I dont understand wat u just said...

3 Likes

Re: Can Exhaust Net Be Removed And Replaced Wit Iron Pipe By Panel Beaters? by Provie(m): 5:23pm On Sep 15, 2016
Following
Re: Can Exhaust Net Be Removed And Replaced Wit Iron Pipe By Panel Beaters? by nurey(m): 6:58pm On Sep 15, 2016
I recently changed that thing in my sienna though I bought a new one instead of the tokunbo. The tokunbo done for me didn't last a year before it started leaking. Though I didn't notice increase in fuel usage when it was bad but there was decreased engine performance especially when climbing slopes.

What gazzuzz says is to use a welder that uses electric engine to weld instead of the gas cylinder welder type when you eventually get a replacement
Re: Can Exhaust Net Be Removed And Replaced Wit Iron Pipe By Panel Beaters? by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:05pm On Sep 15, 2016
nurey:
I recently changed that thing in my sienna though I bought a new one instead of the tokunbo. The tokunbo done for me didn't last a year before it started leaking. Though I didn't notice increase in fuel usage when it was bad but there was decreased engine performance especially when climbing slopes.

What gazzuzz says is to use a welder that uses electric engine to weld instead of the gas cylinder welder type when you eventually get a replacement

GAZZUZZ:

Re: Can Exhaust Net Be Removed And Replaced Wit Iron Pipe By Panel Beaters? by nurey(m): 7:11pm On Sep 15, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

I think the net he is talking about is the one before the catalyst. The joint that immediately follows the exhaust manifold bolted to the engine. My new one is just 4 days old so can't really talk much on it.
Re: Can Exhaust Net Be Removed And Replaced Wit Iron Pipe By Panel Beaters? by Emekayoung(m): 9:25pm On Sep 15, 2016
nurey:

I think the net he is talking about is the one before the catalyst. The joint that immediately follows the exhaust manifold bolted to the engine. My new one is just 4 days old so can't really talk much on it.
Bros ten cartons of hennessy for u,thats d point. But my question is '' can it be replaced wit an iron pipe '' because our road is bad and anytime d net touches d ground or speed bump it spoils,which means it starts leaking and dats wen fuel consumption increases.. Pls help..
Re: Can Exhaust Net Be Removed And Replaced Wit Iron Pipe By Panel Beaters? by uwemjack(m): 9:26pm On Sep 15, 2016
A picture of the 'net' will help
Re: Can Exhaust Net Be Removed And Replaced Wit Iron Pipe By Panel Beaters? by Emekayoung(m): 9:27pm On Sep 15, 2016
Honourable Chief Doctor Gazzuzz,i hail you o....
Re: Can Exhaust Net Be Removed And Replaced Wit Iron Pipe By Panel Beaters? by nurey(m): 9:36pm On Sep 15, 2016
Emekayoung:

Bros ten cartons of hennessy for u,thats d point. But my question is '' can it be replaced wit an iron pipe '' because our road is bad and anytime d net touches d ground or speed bump it spoils,which means it starts leaking and dats wen fuel consumption increases.. Pls help..

But for the camry there is a metal chassis protector, I don't know how come you have changed like 5 already, except the welding is bad as stipulated by gazzuzz. Please follow his instruction refix exactly what you removed to avoid unknown future damage
Re: Can Exhaust Net Be Removed And Replaced Wit Iron Pipe By Panel Beaters? by Exponental(m): 1:05am On Sep 16, 2016
Why not simply buy a complete exhaust!
Re: Can Exhaust Net Be Removed And Replaced Wit Iron Pipe By Panel Beaters? by Emekayoung(m): 5:39am On Sep 16, 2016
nurey:

But for the camry there is a metal chassis protector, I don't know how come you have changed like 5 already, except the welding is bad as stipulated by gazzuzz. Please follow his instruction refix exactly what you removed to avoid unknown future damage
Ok sir. Thank u so much.
Re: Can Exhaust Net Be Removed And Replaced Wit Iron Pipe By Panel Beaters? by Emekayoung(m): 5:42am On Sep 16, 2016
Exponental:
Why not simply buy a complete exhaust!
Buying a complete exhaust is not the problem,the problem is dat wen ever d net touches d ground it spoils and d exhaust starts leaking. If that thing is not useful den d next step is to remove it from d exhaust system. My thought.
Re: Can Exhaust Net Be Removed And Replaced Wit Iron Pipe By Panel Beaters? by EPIJOE: 11:20am On Sep 12, 2020
Changed it to pipe then 2018 with a Camry 2001 and issued stopped till idols the car.

The net seems useless sef.
Re: Can Exhaust Net Be Removed And Replaced Wit Iron Pipe By Panel Beaters? by Chuksworld(m): 12:35pm On Jun 29, 2021
Is it OK to put Fibre inside the exhaust.?
Mechanic said it will help to reduce the sound
Re: Can Exhaust Net Be Removed And Replaced Wit Iron Pipe By Panel Beaters? by Dez10(m): 1:45pm On Jun 30, 2021
Chuksworld:

I need this very information too. My 05 Toyota matrix makes noise@ slight throttle without leakage anywhere within d exhaust.

Though no catalyst but i just don't like that audible noise.

A mechanic also suggested that introducing a net into that space previously occupied by d catalytic converter will muffle d loud noise.

Am afraid, i wouldn't want anything that would suffocate my engine later.

Pls need advice whether or not to go ahead
Re: Can Exhaust Net Be Removed And Replaced Wit Iron Pipe By Panel Beaters? by nurey(m): 10:48am On Jul 01, 2021
Chuksworld:

The fibre would degrade and eventually block pathway of combustion gas in the engine. If very unlucky your engine would collapse grin as in collapse like Nigerian economy

2 Likes

Re: Can Exhaust Net Be Removed And Replaced Wit Iron Pipe By Panel Beaters? by Dez10(m): 12:31pm On Jul 01, 2021
Thanks.
Re: Can Exhaust Net Be Removed And Replaced Wit Iron Pipe By Panel Beaters? by Dez10(m): 10:48am On Jul 02, 2021
Who else has a contrary view about this exhaust net issue?
Re: Can Exhaust Net Be Removed And Replaced Wit Iron Pipe By Panel Beaters? by igwedehxy: 9:24pm On Jul 10, 2021
nurey:

The fibre would degrade and eventually block pathway of combustion gas in the engine. If very unlucky your engine would collapse grin as in collapse like Nigerian economy

Haaa. Tell me this is a lie. I just did this o. And the positive effect it has on my seems obvious. Noise reduction, reduced fuel consumption, cancelled vibrations on idle. Any advice on this
Re: Can Exhaust Net Be Removed And Replaced Wit Iron Pipe By Panel Beaters? by nurey(m): 6:39am On Jul 11, 2021
igwedehxy:

Haaa. Tell me this is a lie. I just did this o. And the positive effect it has on my seems obvious. Noise reduction, reduced fuel consumption, cancelled vibrations on idle. Any advice on this

Only time would tell, enjoy your ride. A blocked exhaust is easy to know, when you notice that, visit your nearest panel beater to solve your issues grin
Re: Can Exhaust Net Be Removed And Replaced Wit Iron Pipe By Panel Beaters? by Opemilekan(m): 7:40pm On Mar 01, 2022
Have anyone solved this net issue, please suggest best advice I'd you have, plus can the net cause the check engine light to turn on?
Re: Can Exhaust Net Be Removed And Replaced Wit Iron Pipe By Panel Beaters? by Cokahot: 5:40pm On Mar 02, 2022
Net abi catalyst
Re: Can Exhaust Net Be Removed And Replaced Wit Iron Pipe By Panel Beaters? by Sion47: 4:46pm On Apr 28, 2022
quote author=GAZZUZZ post=49378029]

there is a reason the "net" is placed there, it is designed to take car of engine movement, and reduce vibrations. The problem your bro has been having is he has been welding exhaust with oxyaceytelen instead of ark welding which would have lasted longer. Best practice it to replace the section of the exhaust from base of catalyst to closest joint.[/quote] Behold our own GAZZUZZ in whom car owners are pleased, take his instruction and know peace.
Re: Can Exhaust Net Be Removed And Replaced Wit Iron Pipe By Panel Beaters? by Sion47: 5:19pm On Apr 28, 2022
Emekayoung:

Hello sir thanks for ur input,but pls can u bring down ur English to my own level of understanding? Cos I dont understand wat u just said...

(1) (Reply)

Can Any One Beat This Speedometer ? / Can Car's Pedals Be Readjusted To Be Suitable For Short Person To Drive? / Help Needed Lexus Es330 Vs Benz E320

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.