Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,435 members, 7,808,552 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:21 PM

Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook (138409 Views)

Niger Delta, Igbo And Hausa All Want To Leave Nigeria Except Yorubas, Why? / Checkout What APC Posted On Twitter (photo) / Hon Patrick Obahiagbon Celebrates His Birthday, See What He Posted On Facebook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (56) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by seunny4lif(m): 3:09pm On Sep 15, 2016
grin cheesy
nototribalist:
for your mind.
Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by Ikem11(m): 3:10pm On Sep 15, 2016
igbo ka igbo ndi oma! ekene m inu o!

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by wristbangle: 3:10pm On Sep 15, 2016
Everytime afonja afonja. Make dem spot where afonja cause division for the write up na

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by jokerphilics(m): 3:11pm On Sep 15, 2016
cremedelacreme:
Nice write up. Igbo is Igbo. From Igbanke to Ihiala, Ahoada to Arochukwu, Oguta to Oba, Ezza to Etche. there is nothing like ''Delta Igbo'' or ''Main Igbo'.

Meanwhile....
grin grin grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by Nobody: 3:11pm On Sep 15, 2016
I have come to realize that akwa ibomites are more at peace with igbos than any other riverine tribe. Am, of course very happy about that if it continues that way.

My fellow Igbos are becoming pathetic about trying to merge riverine areas with the mainland igbos, drop this fight and move on to a better goal.

What is a better goal? transforming Igbo land to the technological capital of Africa, form a powerful alliance with akwaibom, not because of oil but because we have enjoyed good friendship with them since the civil war, and we can use their ports as our outlet to the Atlantic and the world at large.

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by dadabashua1(m): 3:11pm On Sep 15, 2016
for heaven seek.. can't you discuss your issues about your tribe without involving the Yoruba's? haba... which kind wahala be this.. why do you just love to hate people for no reason.. am a Yoruba I have never seen igbo as a problem to me not even close.. why all this rubbish... everything must try to involve Yoruba's just to start the usual E war... grow up pls... mtchewwww

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by shaboti: 3:12pm On Sep 15, 2016
Who cares?
I no even send them delta-igbos or whatever they decide to call themselves tomorrow. Lemme finish worrying those of us in the SE first, they can go join the benins or even the hausas, nobody's business.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by Adiola(f): 3:12pm On Sep 15, 2016
oluole:

you can only deceive he who wants to deceived.

I have had a lot of issues with my friend Ikenna with this. We finished together but he hardly associate with the Igbos and sees himself as delta-igbo. He wouldn't respond if you speak igbo to him pretending he doesn't understand and the same with my ikwerre friends who does not see the igbos as theirs. would you now blame your enemy using your disunity to his advantage?
lienus oluwa you can't fabricate lie

5 Likes

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by Nobody: 3:12pm On Sep 15, 2016
all these biafran propaganda. Who gives a damn? mtcheeew.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by Okeikpu(m): 3:14pm On Sep 15, 2016
EVERTHING ABT THE GR8 IGBOS DEY RUN SOME PPLE MAD sad

5 Likes

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by OMAR12: 3:17pm On Sep 15, 2016
kudos to him, his likes are the ones we the Igbo from across the Niger feel inclined to, we I will continue to do battle with those who try to place a divide between I and my bros from anioma and the Igbo in rivers state. Igbo is Igbo there is nothing like rivers Igbo Or delta Igbo.

8 Likes

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by DozieInc(m): 3:17pm On Sep 15, 2016
Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by Nobody: 3:18pm On Sep 15, 2016
B

5 Likes

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by Nobody: 3:19pm On Sep 15, 2016
basilo101:

Lol, your people are clowns
The truth always seems foreign to your kind
Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by OMAR12: 3:19pm On Sep 15, 2016
shaboti:
Who cares?
I no even send them delta-igbos or whatever they decide to call themselves tomorrow. Lemme finish worrying those of us in the SE first, they can go join the benins or even the hausas, nobody's business.
if u don't care about them, then keep ur care to urself, we in the south east don't need ur attention.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by NICENEDU29: 3:20pm On Sep 15, 2016
coolitempa:
Let us be honest...most of anioma is not ibo but Benin.....ibos have long migrated to these areas and taken over the demographics....but they are descendants of the Benins... angry
My dear you argue so blindly. Without anything more, the name of the place "Anioma" alone is enough to convince anybody, even the biblical "Thomas the Arguer" beyond doubt that Anioma is Igbo. Pls get sense ok.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by koladebrainiac(m): 3:20pm On Sep 15, 2016
Barrywilly:
I'm watching and reading this with keen interest. I know that biafra contraption cannot stand the test of time. They will fight themselves to the last man. Meanwhile, why are you bringing yoruba to all these Igbo wahala
Igbo's una own don tire me which one is identity crisis?
must u carry ur nuisance crisis to ur village. nobody cares if u guys can't manage scartered n minority tribe. Yoruba's in kwara state know they are Yoruba's n not Hausa or Fulani na chin gum dem take born u ni? this embarrassment is too much to nigeria

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by shaboti: 3:21pm On Sep 15, 2016
OMAR12:
if u don't care about them, then keep ur care to urself, we in the south east don't need ur attention.
yes you dont need my attention cause i dont pay them to idíots. I was talking about the sane ppl in the SE.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by Igboid: 3:21pm On Sep 15, 2016
AjiereTuwo:

There are no Igbos who are native of rivers state
This is river state official website http://riversstate.net.ng/people-and-culture/

Ndoki, Asa and Egbema people are Ijaws, okwa ya?

You are a comedian.

10 Likes

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by Nobody: 3:21pm On Sep 15, 2016
Why is south east not big enough for these igbos, soon there will be kaduna igbo, like how there is lagos igbo now

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by madapcmod: 3:22pm On Sep 15, 2016
Afonja and afonjanatu una Don hear am?

Bunch of disgraceful hypocrites

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by awakeuche(m): 3:24pm On Sep 15, 2016
Who said ikwerres dont want to associate with igbos, they always deny that they are igbos but in reality most ikwerre girls are married to igbo men, as for the riverine tribes, my own cousin is married to an etche girl, this is a testament to the fact that the igbo tribe is the most dehumanized, and ill treated tribe in nigeria.
But all that's about to change, no more shall there be shame in identifying with our roots, we are a proud race and shall grow in leaps, i laugh when an obvious igbo girl from delta state will tell you "am not igbo am delta igbo" we shall no longer be quiet, we shall no longer keep mute, either we get freedom or nothing

8 Likes

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by forget101O(m): 3:27pm On Sep 15, 2016
The problem is from the Ibos. They believe so much in autonomy. Every Ibo man or community wants to be on is own. You will here things like 'Autonomous Community of XYZ' etc. They forget the fact that pride comes before a fall. No one community want to be under the ruler-ship of another. And if this is not resolved, you will keep hearing names like; Anambra-ibo, Delta-ibo, Abakaliki-ibo, etc.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by stonemasonn: 3:27pm On Sep 15, 2016
You keep blaming Yorubas as usual, but most Yorubas don't even know the difference.

Them be omo yiboos ol'of them.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by lereinter(m): 3:28pm On Sep 15, 2016
this is what political tribalism and sentiments has caused, and all this started from the gej era, everybody began to fractionlise themselves cos of appointment.

even when kachukwu was given minister of state for petroleum he was rejected by ibos calling him delta ibo..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by chimaobinelson(m): 3:28pm On Sep 15, 2016
supersystems:
I disagree with him slightly. As a Niger Deltan Man who travels and interact freely with people from different tribes Have toured and stayed in out 57 cities i think i can say one or two things about Nigeria after over 32 years in Nigeria.

Delta Igbo is a nice descriptive for my ibusa and Anoina brothers. I find them to be very straight forward people in many areas and more straight forward than my other fellow Niger Delta brothers. Infact i'm planning a resettlement i'm heading to Anioma and Ibusa axis cos i see them as a fantastic people. The descriptive gives very good report about the people not a negative one. Trust me my father and mother's side may nto see me for 20 more years ( though they haven't seen me for 20 years now ) but Anioma go see me live. They are a lovely people anyday anytime

The Urhobo's have a split unit and when u see one part you may get an imperfect view about what they think. We dont see Ifeanyi Okowa nor anyone from Asaba or Ibusa as an Igbo we see them as Aniomas who can decide who they are and their identity. Infact if there's going to be a split it wont be typical ndigbo versus urhobos etc. The Aniomas will reserve the full right to be an independent state or align with Ndigbo or The Niger Delta Overall o i'm coolest with Anioma my Urhobo Ijaw can be very sneaky attimes and yes they are my people but anyday anytime Aniomas are good people who should be proud of themselves.

The people who we all are waiting to understand is our Ikwerre people. Perhaps when i make an Ikwerre friend i can understand them beta
congratulations sir, you just proven d saying that methuselahs age,dosent corelate with solomons wisdom,
You succesfuly attested that a 32yr old man can reason and spew olios of senile dementia.
you oppose the topic ok,instead of presenting constructive factualities ,u instead vomited streams of contrasting invectives
What concerns peoples origin or geneology with hospitality for crying out loud,
even the most intolerant person can b accomodating,its a human factor

6 Likes

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by DaPuncline: 3:28pm On Sep 15, 2016
Blaming yorubas again. Lol..
When I was still a bank worker, i opened an account for a dude whose name is NWOBI CHRISTIAN I concluded he's an igbo not until he told me is Ikwerre from from rivers state and not an igbo man. Lol...

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by tsmat(m): 3:29pm On Sep 15, 2016
AZeD1:
Anioma people have different experiences. Some people from my family have no problem with being called Igbo while some detest it.

As for those claiming it's the Yorubas's and Fulani's causing this division, all I can say is keep your ignorance to yourself.
Most of the Anioma's who don't like being called Igbos have stories to tell about the SE people reminding them of their origin.
beautiful

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by Nobody: 3:29pm On Sep 15, 2016
Its not easy to have a conversation with anyone that term theirselve Delta Igbo. They either reply your with english or trow out one or two igbo at you during discussion.

I have many of them around.. The way they deny being igbo look like its jazz... As if dey gather them together and told them same thing.
Though one of them explained to me that his parenTs told him to stay away from Igbos from south east tthat they are too Money conscious and can do anything for money..He added he tried and find out its true.. We have to sit him down and talk to him as brother.. No tribe is not greedy, its just that when people cant meet up with their proposed tribe they find excuse to differ themselves.
Anyway I know it from infant that to be called igbo and to be known as igbo is a big task..... I grew up in Edo and after some years I stayed at Ala igbo it became clear to me as an igbo man I have many task at my shoulder or I can call myself anything and deny being an igbo so that people won't be looking at my Finacial status...

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by DaPuncline: 3:30pm On Sep 15, 2016
Blaming yorubas again. Lol..
When I was still a bank worker, i opened an account for a dude whose name is NWOBI CHRISTIAN I concluded he's an igbo not until he told me he is Ikwerre from from rivers state and not an igbo man, that they have their own language, not my problem though. Lol...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by Nobody: 3:30pm On Sep 15, 2016
Igboid:

Ndoki, Asa and Egbema people are Ijaws, okwa ya?

You are a comedian.
Mr igboid you better be satisfied with your s.e, are you more reliable than the Rivers state website. Abi na by force to be Igbo?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook by Nature8(m): 3:30pm On Sep 15, 2016
Nice one..

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (56) (Reply)

Boko Haram Killing Yorubas And Igbos 3-days Expired (pix)! -vanguard Newspaper / Buhari "Almost Moved To Tears"After Seeing How Trillions Of Naira Were Embezzled / Longest Flyover In West Africa (kano state), Named After OBASANJO- Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.